PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on promoting a forum...

SimpleS14
10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I made a forum for the company I work with because they wanted to get a better idea of what is out there in the market and reach potential customers. However this forum is to operate completely independently from the company.

The forum is about DVR security/surveillance and I really don't know where to start to promote this forum. I made a suggestion to them (the company) that they should promote the forum via word of mouth to existing companies and simply say its "a community forum sponsored by us". There is only one other forum out there that is popular (via search engine) and they don't allow any forum promotions at all.

I know this is very off-topic...but does anyone else have any suggestions?

SochBAT
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Thats pretty hard.

Depends on your product, i think. Showing off the clarity of the pictures, and aim it towards your targets.

I'm sure automotive guys wouldn't mind spending $__ on security at home. Peace of mind comes with the quality of the picture taken.

And whats' more important to a man than his family? In this case, janky 240s?

ManoNegra
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Make sure it has a bikini girl thread.:bow:

jrmiller84
10-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Mano is right, bikini girls do help.

On topic, make sure your meta information is set up correctly on each page so that when google crawls it, you get a decent page rank. It will help you get close to the top when people search for things relating to your forum.

Clear meta information will also cause people who are into surveillance to get targeted google ads directing them to your page when they are on other websites.

azndoc
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Use the Cup Chicks idea.

It'll bring a lot of traffic to the site.

SimpleS14
10-30-2007, 05:28 PM
On topic, make sure your meta information is set up correctly on each page so that when google crawls it, you get a decent page rank. It will help you get close to the top when people search for things relating to your forum.

Clear meta information will also cause people who are into surveillance to get targeted google ads directing them to your page when they are on other websites.

I will look into that and see what keywords I can add....

for now, just typing in "DVR security forum" puts the site at #2 on a google search.

S13SilviaGirl
10-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Can't you pay google to be on the top of the pages too?

SochBAT
10-31-2007, 01:15 AM
SEO.

Search Engine Optimization.