PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Hatch Spoiler

tougemaster
10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I did alot the search but still can not find any post about how to remove the Hatch Spoiler. must of the post are about the rust under the spoiler. well im live in SoCal im sure there shoud not be a really bad rust under my spoiler. will to me i think the spoiler doesnt look that good at all so i want to remove it. I had just installed the roof spoiler so it look better with out the stock spoiler on. let me know how to remove it..... do i just pull it off or some other stuff need to do... Picture will help

koukimonster139
10-28-2007, 01:30 PM
:keke: yep just rip it off

swang
10-28-2007, 01:37 PM
yea i had the same thing with my car some spoiler on mine, i just ripped it off completely because i knew there were rust spots. i took it to a body shop and they put 2 pieces of metal plates under the holes and welded them together and made it flush and repainted it to match my car, so it looks quite flawless, if you want it to look good then get it done by a pro. and remmeber you get what u pay for.

i also live in socal heres my car now.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/angelxatcloud9/IMG_0092.jpg

i cant find any before pics sorry dude. :hsdance:

tangch
10-28-2007, 01:47 PM
There are some nuts and clips that hold the spoiler. You have to take off the cover at the bottom of the hatch, and then unbolt the nuts(4 or 6 i forgot). After that rip the spoiler off, if the clip get stuck on the hatch, then just break them.
And the filling, it is your choice.

5t341tH
10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
yea i had the same thing with my car some spoiler on mine, i just ripped it off completely because i knew there were rust spots. i took it to a body shop and they put 2 pieces of metal plates under the holes and welded them together and made it flush and repainted it to match my car, so it looks quite flawless, if you want it to look good then get it done by a pro. and remmeber you get what u pay for.

i also live in socal heres my car now.

i cant find any before pics sorry dude. :hsdance:
nice work. how much did it cost u?
i was thinkin of getting a shop to do mine as well