PDA

View Full Version : Limiting Spam to your home

X 350GT X
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Today, I was really frustrated because my mail box was full of bunch of crap (i.e. catalogs, credit card offers, etc). My box was so full that some of the more important mail, small items for my car :rofl:, were left in front of my door. My house has an open garage and anyone could of taken it. I was watching the news today and fair enough, they had a piece about limiting junk mail. So I thought I'd share the info to you guys. These info are not new, so someone of you might already know or doing it.

To limit mail catalogs to your house: www.catalogchoice.org (http://www.catalogchoice.org)

info:
The mission of Catalog Choice is to reduce the number of repeat and unsolicited catalog mailings, and to promote the adoption of sustainable industry best practices. We aim to accomplish this by freely providing the Catalog Choice services to both consumers and businesses. Consumers can indicate which catalogs they no longer wish to receive, and businesses can receive a list of consumers no longer wanting to receive their catalogs.To limit/prevent telemarketers from calling your house: www.donotcall.gov (http://www.donotcall.gov)

info:
Pursuant to its authority under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the FCC established, together with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), a national Do-Not-Call Registry. The registry is nationwide in scope, applies to all telemarketers (with the exception of certain non-profit organizations), and covers both interstate and intrastate telemarketing calls. Commercial telemarketers are not allowed to call you if your number is on the registry, subject to certain exceptions. As a result, consumers can, if they choose, reduce the number of unwanted phone calls to their homes.To stop receiving credit card offers in the mail: call 1-888-5OPT-OUT

info: Credit reporting agencies allow businesses to prescreen your credit report to determine if they want to send you a credit card offer. You have the right to not have your credit report prescreened by other companies. The national credit bureaus have set up a toll-free number so that you may opt out of pre-approved credit card offers with just one phone call.

89dc240
10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
The credit card on, I found on the bottom of a credit card offer. Called it, and boy is life easier, lol. THey say it only removes your name for five years, but, better than nothin.