PDA

View Full Version : Can i get a price check on this tube of Guyliner?

B18C5MK1
10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Hot Topic: Out of the dungeon

Seller of rock, punk music-inspired clothing abandons dark look of stores in favor of a lighter and brighter feel as it strives to win back shoppers.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Hot Topic's dark Goth stores, which were once a huge hit with rebellious teen shoppers, are getting a lighter, brighter makeover as the retailer struggles to pull sales out of a deep hole, the company's chief financial officer said Wednesday.

"Based on feedback from our customers and changes in the [apparel] industry, we're changing the look of our stores," James McGinty told a gathering of analysts at the Piper Jaffray Annual Consumer Conference in New York.

Hot Topic is giving its dark stores a brighter makeover as it tries to woo back shoppers.

"People were telling us that the stores were too dark, gothic and intimidating to the average customer," McGinty said.

McGinty said the new prototype stores are "lighter and brighter" and more inviting.

"We're putting more merchandise at the front of the stores. We've put flatscreen TVs at the entrance that show our logo. The store walls are no longer black but a lighter color," he said.

"We still describe our stores as edgy but they're not as foreboding as they once were," said McGinty. "Our new stores don't scare you away."

Wonder if these dudes are bummed?
http://system.barflyclub.com/include/image/artists/16844_1.jpg

azndoc
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I know Johnny (xxcrimsonxx) is going to be bummed.

rps13drift
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
HAHA! Yeah! they will probably make a sad song or poem about it.

S14DB
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
most are to depressed to get a job to buy stuff. No wonder they are in trouble.

daryl337
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
... they spend most of their time in their parent's garage... trying to play crappy music. :P

FaLKoN240
10-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I know I was kinda scared to go into Hot Topic, but it was more of a fear of being seen walking in...

They have some really cool video game shirts.

240_whore
10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Get a tube of KY gel and ear-fuck his gauges.

BustedS13
10-24-2007, 08:26 PM
that place is loaded with stupid bullshit, but i did find a Wu-Tang shirt in there a month or two ago. i'm sure it's meant to be worn ironically, but... i like Wu-Tang Clan.

LB.Motoring
10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
that place is loaded with stupid bullshit, but i did find a Wu-Tang shirt in there a month or two ago. i'm sure it's meant to be worn ironically, but... i like Wu-Tang Clan.

your wearing it wrong. your wearing it wrong.

Nachtmensch
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
sweet.

msglngth

ONYX S-13
10-24-2007, 11:53 PM

When aren't they bummed? =P

SochBAT
10-25-2007, 12:00 AM
I've never been one to condone guyliner, because its gay.

I do condone listenin to hardcore, instead of emo.

Everyone's ears are different, and rocks to the beat of different drunks.

Mr.S14
10-25-2007, 12:56 AM
LOL Hot Topic, god i wish this fucking store would burn down, its retarded, its supporting the whole pussification of the western male fact, yes fact, i said it, oh well although they do sell pyschobilly bands shirts and cds, but i will refuse to shop there, i go to music shops or buy my shit at the shows, there im done bitching.....assholes!

ayuaddict
10-25-2007, 02:14 AM
whats a guyliner?

seriously.

ONYX S-13
10-25-2007, 02:22 AM
From the sound of it... Eye liners for guys..*shrugs*

Of course I'm just guessing.. I could be wrong.

I just put the EMO crowd / hot topic together and came up with that conclusion

IIIXziuR
10-25-2007, 05:37 AM
Man I wish I had a neato haircut like that with some eyeliner.
The broads dig that shit for some reason.
The more silly you look, the more scene babes you score. Damn.

What I love is how guys like the ones posted above are considered "metal" but they look super trendy. Their hair is awesome though.

LimitedEdition
10-25-2007, 07:44 AM
I like how they all look dead? Hot Topic nvr has scared me before. Just looks like a Tattoo shop with more shit for sale?

S14DB
10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
whats a guyliner?

seriously.

Eyeliner for gays I mean guys...

Mr.S14
10-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Man I wish I had a neato haircut like that with some eyeliner.
The broads dig that shit for some reason.
The more silly you look, the more scene babes you score. Damn.

What I love is how guys like the ones posted above are considered "metal" but they look super trendy. Their hair is awesome though.

uhh I hope your not talking to me cause I hate metal, well new metal, 80s rocks

B18C5MK1
10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
did a google image search:

http://www.kidzworld.com/img/upload/article/28004/185.jpg

in my most recent issue of Nylon Guys magazine they had an article for the "Men Pen".. :ugh:

The Uses
The men pen product is a product made specifically for men to help cover up blemishes when it counts the most. Most of our customers are club goers that want to dress to impress when going out. There are also many executive men that use the men pen daily for things like business meetings and such where it is critical to look good. Makeup for Men. Concealer for men. See common uses.

The Product
The product is made of a makeup foundation type compound that is lightly applied to the face on top of acne, razor burn, or other blemishes. Each stick contains SPF 18 therefore we recommend light use if wearing it in the sun. The stick is a miniature tube about the length of chapstick but fatter with the same screw type container. Can easily be dropped into your pocket while at the bar. The Men Pen is available in 17 great colours.

Application:
The best way to apply is to dab over the blemish, then rub in a circulating motion with your finger. Once product is evened out with finger, it's best to brush over it with a tissue to ensure no signs of contrast and an even covering. When applied properly there's no trace of use when others are looking at you, you just look better!
Ingredient Information

Ingredients - Octyl Palmitate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Beeswax, (Cera Alba), Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Nylon-12, Candelilla (Euphorbia Cerifera) Wax, Octyl Salicylate, Octyl Dodecanol, Ozokerite, Benzophenone -3, Shea Butter (Butyrosperum Parlii0, Tqcopherol Acetat, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, +/- (May Contain ): Titanium Dioxide (77891), Iron Oxides (77941, 77499, 77492)

:tweak: :tweak: :tweak: :tweak: :tweak:

jackjack
10-25-2007, 10:54 AM
where the hell am i suppose to shop now? ahahahahahaha

IIIXziuR
10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Man I need to get a Men Pen & some super black hair dye.

azndoc
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
A men pen is still a pussy pen in my opinion.

No man should ever wear make up.

EVER.......

steve shadows
10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
A men pen is still a pussy pen in my opinion.

No man should ever wear make up.

EVER.......

What the hell has happened?

I just... I just don't know what to say anymore.

are there any people in the military who are EMO?

or like Amenijad said "We we dont have this problem i don know whatchu are a talkin abouut??"

MavericStephenc
10-25-2007, 06:05 PM
"men pen" ?WTF talk about ushering the new club boys from the 90's
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MavericStephenc/boy-george-022206.png

people please

Farzam
10-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I doubt those kids shop at Hot Topic.

They don't have any chains and they're wearing cool band shirts.

Hot Topic sucks...but they do sell some cool shirts sometimes. I got a ballin Hatebreed shirt there once, and they sold this band I played a few shows with's CD and they're like punk shit, not goth BS so they got more respect from me.