PDA

View Full Version : Ben Stein Unlocked!

Baka Sama
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
There are members on this board that are in Iraq at this very moment. They have even been posting pics on here from the sand box. I do understand that there is a lot of ignorance in the world, and he has to understand that making personal attacks on ANY member of this forum are not allowed...hence his banning. He could have said that same shit to you, or anyone else and would have been banned equally.

:squint: BULL SHIT :squint:

He got banned becuase he spoke his mind to a girl on Zilvia about a military issue and she had a period about it. His post was far from a personal attack. Ive seen worse "attacks" from members and nothing was done about it. Racial comments will get you pinked for a week but talking about the military on Zilvia will get you banned just because A few mods are serving? Give me a break. he never said anything negative about the military to begin with. He said all this talking about supporting our troops was taking away from talking about why we are there. Which is true!

*News Flash* Mods arnt in the right ALL the time!

The row of green squares should tell you other people agree with him.

KA24DESOneThree
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Dude, you're a conspiracy theorist liberal like the rest. Of course you'd stand up for a coward.

Most of the people on this board are misinformed dumbass kids following what Kanye West's politics are.

By the way, Ron Paul's a useless sack of flesh like pretty much every other politician out there. He's trying to use intellect to prove that cowardly liberals are actually supporting the troops despite actions contrary to that opinion. He's failing, just like every other supposed intellectual making wordy excuses for badmouthing the people who are dying trying to bring a country from the Dark Ages.

Baka Sama
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
OMG OMG OMG

Personal Attack!!! Ban Ban Ban!!!

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, Baka was only gonna be banned for calling Draven a bitch (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1593682&postcount=104)...but, this thread added time onto his sentence.

mrmephistopheles
10-24-2007, 11:32 AM
It's not a matter of being RIGHT, it's a matter of keeping users in line.

You don't hold a civil conversation by telling the person you're talking with to 'fuck off', and 'fuck you'.

Why do people take other people's punishment personally?

It's not about who the mods are or what they do or whom they agree/disagree with.

The post made by that particular user implied that there were NO people who 'didn't support the troops' and that 'Supporting the troops' was rhetoric to distract from errors committed and bad policy. That's complete and utter bullshit. Sure, it's a Ron Paul quote, and it's not even in any context (which would change how I view it), but his presentation of the quote without any input on it implies support for it.

The biggest problem is that that user couldn't handle being argued with, and mouthed off unnecessarily.

Remember, this place isn't about politics, it's about cars. If it means we have to close/delete/forbid political threads, so be it. We have an OT forum for people to discuss stuff other than the 240sx and Z, but it's an extended kindness, and not something we HAVE to do.

Also - it's within the administration staff's discretion what threads should be locked or remain open, and these decisions are not subject to second-guessing or question, except within the Zilvia.net staff. Users may air concerns within the Forum Suggestions and Technical Support forum, but using profanity and making accusations is the wrong way to go about it.

S14DB
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Telling a mod to "shut the fuuuuuuuck up" or calling them "a fuckin tool" will get you banned.

KA24DESOneThree
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I love you guys, lol.

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah this is a private forum and unforuntaley the mods CAN (and yes you CAN be) douchebags sometimes. BUT this is where the gayest part comes in, ITS THEIR FORUM!!! YAYY. So what do you do? You be quiet and take it gently and slowly. Are mods opinions always right or at least ethically / politically / or even socially right? NO. But their forum their rules period. Actually when you sign up part of the agreement says something like "a mod can move / lock / delete any thread for any reason" doesnt it? This is zilvia, enjoy!

exitspeed
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah this is a private forum and unforuntaley the mods CAN (and yes you CAN be) douchebags sometimes. BUT this is where the gayest part comes in, ITS THEIR FORUM!!! YAYY. So what do you do? You be quiet and take it gently and slowly. Are mods opinions always right or at least ethically / politically / or even socially right? NO. But their forum their rules period. Actually when you sign up part of the agreement says something like "a mod can move / lock / delete any thread for any reason" doesnt it? This is zilvia, enjoy!

Wow, you caught on quick. :bigok:

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 11:49 AM

Well, that is true. And no we arent always right...and when we realize we are wrong...a lot of us fess up and offer an appology.

Sarcasm isn't appreciated. Don't like it here? Feel free to leave.

Diabolical
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Its sad an 04 spoke his mind ( the truth IMO ) and a mod who has a military family got butthurt and used the banhammer.
Dude, you're a conspiracy theorist liberal like the rest. Of course you'd stand up for a coward.

Most of the people on this board are misinformed dumbass kids following what Kanye West's politics are.

By the way, Ron Paul's a useless sack of flesh like pretty much every other politician out there. He's trying to use intellect to prove that cowardly liberals are actually supporting the troops despite actions contrary to that opinion. He's failing, just like every other supposed intellectual making wordy excuses for badmouthing the people who are dying trying to bring a country from the Dark Ages.

Im an old school conservative against the war does that make me a coward? You as an american disgust me, we need to deport nazis like you.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
If you guys want to talk politics go on Freshalloy

there are more threads on 911 being an inside job

and Officers in the military too.

its fun but awkward, and ive been followed by the spooks more lol

naw but seriously zilvia is fun

FA is evil

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Its sad an 04 spoke his mind ( the truth IMO ) and a mod who has a military family got butthurt and used the banhammer.

an 04? who?

I am not a mod who has a military family. I am in the military, so yes I take that pretty close to heart...as do the majority of the mods/admins on this site.

unwed_transient
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
we need to deport nazis like you.

:keke:

this doesn't bode well for you.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 11:58 AM
hey nazis are people too

have some fucking compassion

exitspeed
10-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Im an old school conservative against the war does that make me a coward? You as an american disgust me, we need to deport nazis like you.

I think it's already been stated that this is NOT that place for heated political debates. If you don't like it, just leave.

It's obvious by your shiny red squares you don't care to cooperate or be a contributing member of this forum.

VROOOM
10-24-2007, 12:00 PM
everyone in that thread let their emotions get the better of them.

SimpleS14
10-24-2007, 12:00 PM
FA is evil

FA is not 100% evil...I just ignore those threads (like I ignored the ones over here).

Atleast I can post on the 'Hot Chicks' thread over there without too much worry haha

S13SilviaGirl - Before you lock this thread...as its going off-topic IMO...I have a question.... who (or what) is your avatar/sig?

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, that is true. And no we arent always right...and when we realize we are wrong...a lot of us fess up and offer an appology.

Sarcasm isn't appreciated. Don't like it here? Feel free to leave.

Is sarcasm ever appreciated? Yeah I do like it here, but I dont like the type of "authority" that runs this place. Feel free to leave? I leave all the time, I go to the top right corner of my firefox and click the little x or sometimes just click on the little x on the tab.

exitspeed
10-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Just leave this thread open for the day and see how many people will bite.

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
S13SilviaGirl - Before you lock this thread...as its going off-topic IMO...I have a question.... who (or what) is your avatar/sig?

Kuromi, she is apart of the Sanrio (hello kitty) charachters. She is fairly new, since 2005.

Is sarcasm ever appreciated? Yeah I do like it here, but I dont like the type of "authority" that runs this place. Feel free to leave? I leave all the time, I go to the top right corner of my firefox and click the little x or sometimes just click on the little x on the tab.

That was intended for the majority, at least that is what I intended by the spacing in the post.

MavericStephenc
10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I love this forum.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MavericStephenc/ribbon_support_our_troops.png

Diabolical
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
an 04? who?

I am not a mod who has a military family. I am in the military, so yes I take that pretty close to heart...as do the majority of the mods/admins on this site.

Yea? Well I hope you step on a fucking IED and die just like the rest of you loser soldiers. You arent fighting for freedom you cocksucking brainwashed terds, shut the fuck up. You dont get respect from americans, newsflash fucktard 80% of americans are against the war. Why dont you go suck george bushes dick because you basically are already doing that by fighting for an illegal war. THe war is UNCONSITITUITONAL, you probably dont even know what that means but here ill break it down for you.

IT MEANS ITS GOING AGAINST WHAT AMERICA WAS BASED ON, AKA YOUR A FUCKING ANTI AMERICAN RUINING MY COUNTRY YOU FAGGOT BRAINWASHED FUCK

You joined the military because you dont have the brains for college, now you want respect? Respect for joining a pathetic fucking colt and walking around TURBANLAND with an M16 doing nothing? Killing innocents? Fuck you, respect is somebody like me in college making real money and providing to AMERICA. Im going to be helping america while making money and living my life, meanwhile your KILLING our fucking economy with your bullshit war and corrupting our society. Whos the real coward huh? Whos the anti american? You fucking pig.

BTW, im sick of you fucking nazi loving soldiers complaining about the war and how unappreciated you are...dont fucking SIGN up for something then complain about it K? You couldve done the smart thing and went to college but nooo you fucked up because your a braindead FUCKING moron.

WW1 vet: Hero
WW2 vet: Hero
Vietnam draftee: Hereo
War on Terror vet: Dumb fucking redneck piece of shit that deserves 0 respect

Fuck this site, fuck the faggot mods, fuck the brainwashed military fighting for nothing and fuck who ever died for this bullshit war. Good bye you fucking cumshitters.

VROOOM
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Yea? Well I hope you step on a fucking IED and die just like the rest of you loser soldiers. You arent fighting for freedom you cocksucking brainwashed terds, shut the fuck up. You dont get respect from americans, newsflash fucktard 80% of americans are against the war. Why dont you go suck george bushes dick because you basically are already doing that by fighting for an illegal war. THe war is UNCONSITITUITONAL, you probably dont even know what that means but here ill break it down for you.

IT MEANS ITS GOING AGAINST WHAT AMERICA WAS BASED ON, AKA YOUR A FUCKING ANTI AMERICAN RUINING MY COUNTRY YOU FAGGOT BRAINWASHED FUCK

You joined the military because you dont have the brains for college, now you want respect? Respect for joining a pathetic fucking colt and walking around TURBANLAND with an M16 doing nothing? Killing innocents? Fuck you, respect is somebody like me in college making real money and providing to AMERICA. Im going to be helping america while making money and living my life, meanwhile your KILLING our fucking economy with your bullshit war and corrupting our society. Whos the real coward huh? Whos the anti american? You fucking pig.

BTW, im sick of you fucking nazi loving soldiers complaining about the war and how unappreciated you are...dont fucking SIGN up for something then complain about it K? You couldve done the smart thing and went to college but nooo you fucked up because your a braindead FUCKING moron.

Fuck this site, fuck the faggot mods, fuck the brainwashed military fighting for nothing and fuck who ever died for this bullshit war. Good bye you fucking cumshitters.

that was uncalled for. some people need to learn when to keep thier mouths shut

exitspeed
10-24-2007, 12:16 PM
^
Wow I'm glad I got some more neg rep in on him before he gets banned.

This thread is reallllly weeding the forum out.

MavericStephenc
10-24-2007, 12:16 PM

people like youI want to blow up.:mrmeph::rl:

barry told you already, get the ban axe

just like last night you when you misjudged me....i did go to college. i also want to join the military . once again have fun getting a tan

Diabolical
10-24-2007, 12:18 PM
I pray to fucking god barry steps on an IED and dies a slow painfull fucking death, fucking marine scum.

SimpleS14
that was uncalled for. some people need to learn when to keep thier mouths shut

+1

that was just unnecessary

eastcoastS14
^^ man are you serious? You make the rest of us liberals look fucking terrible....i think you need to go back to school and open a text book

now Im about as liberal as they come but I still respect and honor the troops....I have friends there by choice for various reasons and I tell them and others who came back and tell me stories that they have way bigger balls than I do, the troops deserve to be honored in any war because they are soldiers of our country risking their lives.....now no one is asking you do support the war, I am totally against this war, I want it over so my friends can come home safely as soon as possible. But you should at least show some respect for those fighting and dying. If you believe that US soldiers are all over there killing civilians and punching babies than youre nothing more than a conspiracy theorist. You feed into the extreme left bullshit just as much as people who think we should nuke everyone feed into the extreme right bullshit. You provide no factual evidence to back up any of your statement....seriously man have some heart, most soldiers over there are just 20year old kids who want to do a job and come home

and that hope you step on an IED comment was so fuckin far out of line its not even funny

Diabolical
10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey maveric, I hope next time your in Iraq the Juba sniper puts a fucking bullet in your head

FaLKoN240
Well, that's one way to get banned if I've ever seen one.

You're not even making good points, you're just saying the most offensive things you can think of.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NWQVMQBKL._AA240_.jpg

Diabolical
^^ man are you serious? You make the rest of us liberals look fucking terrible....i think you need to go back to school and open a text book

Hey fuckup, im an oldschool conservative, not some fucking fag loving white guilt liberal.

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Hmmm I DO have a college education, and I DO deploy...I am on shore duty right now. Learn and educate yourself before you open your mouth.

Diabolical
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Hmmm I DO have a college education, and I DO deploy...I am on shore duty right now. Learn and educate yourself before you open your mouth.

Bullshit, cocksucker. 1% of the military is college educated.

MavericStephenc
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
what would be better is if you grew some balls and did it yourself. I would enjoy it more

mRclARK1
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I read the first "Ben Stein" thread. I didn't post in it because I felt I didn't need to/had anything to add.

I will say this now,

1) Common decency: Really, come on... Learn it. There's no need to degrade and insult people for a difference in opinion and political thoughts. You have the right to disagree and voice your opinions. Some people don't have that. So enjoy it.

2) This is not directed at any one member: It does not matter one fucking bit what you're thoughts on ANY current events are. The troops (past and present) DESERVE your respect. They've earned it. Just putting on the uniform is a sacrifice, and for that, show them respect and you WILL get the same in return. I can guarantee this much: 98% of men and women in uniform did NOT think to join with the intent to protect each and every American (or whatever country you serve) or some political agenda, but to protect either their mother, father, brother, sister, wife, children, and there brother or sister in uniform standing next to them. They just happen to defend your family/loved ones at the same time, and do it because it's their job. End of story.

mrmephistopheles
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
THe war is UNCONSITITUITONAL, you probably dont even know what that means but here ill break it down for you.

*Naughty, not-nice words*

Why are people so hung up on the justification of the war?
I personally don't agree with the war, don't think we should've gone in, and think we should've gotten out LONG ago.

The previous thread wasn't about that, although people kept wanting it to be.

You complain about people being stupid and unable to attend college to enlist in the military, that's a complete fallacy and is held dear only by ignorant people who want to feel that people in the military are inferior to them.

I could've gone to college - pretty much any one that I chose.
I chose a different path instead.

As far as the rest of what you said....
Well, see my earlier post in this thread about people who resort to insults in an argument.

S13SilviaGirl

Shall we take bets on how long before this guy has a new user name?

And for the record, the majority of the military has at least SOME college education, officers are required and senior enlisted personnel have to have degrees before being promoted now.

exitspeed
Hey fuckup, im an oldschool conservative, not some fucking fag loving white guilt liberal.

And to point it out, your previous post makes YOU look like the most uneducated lowlife on the forum. I have more respect for the newbs that ask "where can I buy Type X body kits from."

Keep in mind, you are making other conservatives look very bad while your at it.

Koopa Troopa
10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
I say unlock the thread too or leave this one open. I liked the "OMG baby killer" statements and I think to myself, "Am I really such a big deal to some people?" Then again it shows that half these members are so ignorant with their comments that they've completely failed to realise that some of us are actually posting from Iraq right now. Stop living on MTV and get your own fucking opinion. Check Craigslist or Ebay.

How hard is it to skim past my thread? Check it out.

I'm actually off to the boarder for 100 days so if I don't get called a baby killer again before I leave....... Fuck you hippy. Have fun driving your t28 powered HS13 with knock off aero and making posts about wiether or not your wheels will clear your z brakes..

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Kuromi, she is apart of the Sanrio (hello kitty) charachters. She is fairly new, since 2005.

That was intended for the majority, at least that is what I intended by the spacing in the post.

Ohh yeah I see that, lol...... sorry, but hey, you'd be surprised how many people mis-read things on here so many times! Its no one's fault :love:

eastcoastS14
BTW I think I smell the ban axe ban hammer and banchete comin down hard all at once

MavericStephenc

with a vocabulary like that I'm astonished you made it through high school let alone get accepted to college. you sir are wrong, you are the type of person who fucks this country up. you DON'T know the meaning of sacrafice and you never will. It must really hurt to live with yourself sometimes, so instead of wishing death apon you like you do to others here... I wish you a long life where in your old days all you can hope for is death because personal loathing will be way to much for you to cope with. but no one can deliver that pleasure to you so you die a slow lonely death. :)

eastcoastS14
10-24-2007, 12:31 PM
bah please on ban him for a few so I can neg rep him

exitspeed
Ohh yeah I see that, lol...... sorry, but hey, you'd be surprised how many people mis-read things on here so many times! Its no one's fault :love:

What'chya talking about Willis.

http://www.shoxty.com/archives/gary-coleman.jpg

S13SilviaGirl
I say unlock the thread too or leave this one open. I liked the "OMG baby killer" statements and I think to myself, "Am I really such a big deal to some people?" Then again it shows that half these members are so ignorant with their comments that they've completely failed to realise that some of us are actually posting from Iraq right now. Stop living on MTV and get your own fucking opinion. Check Craigslist or Ebay.

How hard is it to skim past my thread? Check it out.

I'm actually off to the boarder for 100 days so if I don't get called a baby killer again before I leave....... Fuck you hippy. Have fun driving your t28 powered HS13 with knock off aero and making posts about wiether or not your wheels will clear your z brakes..

Be safe out there! And yes, I will have fun driving my t28 powered s13 just for you! :kiss:

mrmephistopheles
10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Bullshit, cocksucker.

Hey now, what goes on between Lisa and I is private. :keke:

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Iraq was a dumb idea in the pure stance of MONEY

its too fucking expensive and no one there appreciates what we have tried to do to help them out of mud huts and arguing about the length of mohammeds cough impact there and come into capitalism or some form of peace...but we need the fucking OIL, you guys dont understand how fucking bad we need it.

they should have just assasinated Saddam

come out and said

Yeah we fucking assainated that piece of shit

what? bitches? fuck everyone if they are about to front

we killed that mother fucker out right because he wouldnt sell us the good shit

instead we sent an army in.

well deal with it. Persia is worse than Saddam, but thats the only alternative if we pull out and become pussies in the immidiate future.

or we can just nuke Tehran

whatevr its cool with me im sick of people sticking up for these godforsaken countries screwed up leadership

ThatGuy
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Damn, I could've sworn I made a prediction about Diabolical getting heimself banned.

As fas as the "Hate" and "IED" comments go... well, look at my User Title.

MavericStephenc
10-24-2007, 12:39 PM

hey lets keep this pg rated meph

exitspeed
10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Algae. Biodiesel fuel made from algae. That is our answer.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
nws Nws Nws!!!!!!!!

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Post pics!!! haha ewwww

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I shall Ban Kevin....

mrmephistopheles
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Good luck with that one, dear.

MavericStephenc
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Post pics!!! haha ewwww
thats funny

I shall Ban Kevin....
once again I love you guys
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/MavericStephenc/ribbon_support_our_troops.png

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Iraq was a dumb idea in the pure stance of MONEY

its too fucking expensive and no one there appreciates what we have tried to do to help them out of mud huts and arguing about the length of mohammeds cough impact there and come into capitalism or some form of peace...but we need the fucking OIL, you guys dont understand how fucking bad we need it.

they should have just assasinated Saddam

come out and said

Yeah we fucking assainated that piece of shit

what? bitches? fuck everyone if they are about to front

we killed that mother fucker out right because he wouldnt sell us the good shit

instead we sent an army in.

well deal with it. Persia is worse than Saddam, but thats the only alternative if we pull out and become pussies in the immidiate future.

or we can just nuke Tehran

whatevr its cool with me im sick of people sticking up for these godforsaken countries screwed up leadership

lol you say some of the funniest shit sometimes

S14DB
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Algae. Biodiesel fuel made from algae. That is our answer.
Soylent green is people!

Koopa Troopa
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM

Who gives a fuck what we're fighting for? I don't. I could give a fuck if we pull pull out of Iraq tomarrow and the country tears itself apart or if we stay here for another 200 years. Bored ass Americans with nothing else to do so you start picking at shit.

America was founded on pillaging villages and taking advantage of weaker cultures. What's changed? Nothing. Go read a history book jackass.

I joined the military because it's a family thing. My choice and I'm glad I did. I've been to Thailand, Korea, Japan (mainland and Okinawa), Kuwait and Iraq. I might not have your fancy college education but at least I can use punctation and correct grammar when writing something. Oh yeah, I also know the difference between a colt and a cult. You might want to repeat a couple elementary grades.

The only thing corrupting society is jackasses like you. It's horrible to think the possibility of it happening but one day you're going to have kids then you're going to pollute your kid's minds with your ignorant thinking.

Once again, I might be a "braindead moron" but at least I am familiar with the concept of punctuation and basic grammatical skills. The concept might still be a Japanese thing though and has yet to hit American shores.. Look for the release this summer. I hear it's going to be bigger than PS3.

How is a Vietnam draftee a hero? Get the fuck outta here dude.

What has the military done for me? Oh yeah I've been living in Okinawa for the last 3 years and have at least 2 more to come, I drive a t04S powered Silvia that'll be boosting 1.5 bar when I come back to continue tuning it, I can read and write two different languages where as you can barely read and write your native language. Do they no longer teach English in college?

You might want to consider signing up for those next semester.

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Soylent green is people!

Simple Green What?:loco:

mRclARK1
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Soylent green is people!

buhahahahahahahahaha

B18C5MK1
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MclmOo39yKY

DragonUSMC
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
damn i missed all this!?!!

but hey he might have a point... Marines are kinda dumb. But we sure can beat the $hit out of anything on this earth with a MRE spoon and a chem-light. I say that makes up for it a little bit =D

Vision Garage
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
So much hate from the banned. I swear you kids need to calm down. Support our troops. Shit they've seen worse than pissy little kids. Even if you dont agree with the politics, its not right to oppose your thoughts on someone else. No one is forcing you to join the Armed Forces. But if you keep doing this shit, it will come back to fukk you up. You are one person against millions. Think before you say shit!

Phlip
10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey, I heard some people were getting banned today...
How come this has to happen while I am working?

DragonUSMC
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Hell i didnt even know Ben Stein had an awesome book and interview thing! I've been saying that stuff since i came back from the sandbox! I think the real culprit is Britney Spears and her damn popularity, or lack there of.

See what happens when all you do is concentrate on work while at work? You miss all the good stuff. =(

exitspeed
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM

Yea you REALLY missed out. I even got to instigate a lil. I made my afternoon fly by!

silvia-junkie
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
how can anyone not support the troops? they our our friends our family and our neighbors, but above all they are our FELLOW AMERICANS. i have many friends and family members who have served or are currently serving. 1 who was hit by and ied and will never be able to walk right again and a few i have not heard from since they left. i thank them, and all who serve. i would give my life to protect thoes may americans fighting for us.

do i support this war no. i know i dont have all the information nor do i claim to. but i dont think we have any business being over there. i know some of you think we do and some of you dont. but thats what makes this country great we can publicly express our belief and feeling freely.

SUPPORT OR TROOPS NOT NECESSARILY THE WAR

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM

Phil, you can't always have ALL the fun :fawkd: I just beat you to it!

fromxtor
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
^^ Word, everytime I turn on the TV the news is actually airing BS stories about celebs. Like thats why I turned on the news, to find out Britney has visitation rights again. If I wanted to follow her story I would just be addicted to a gossip forum, instead of the multiple car forums I'm on. Bottom line is there isn't hardly anything this day and age worth reporting on so they feel like all this insinificent stuff is worth cramming down my throat. That's probably why I only turn the news on maybe once a week.

Onto the whole "war" discussion, I personally believe(I know I know Ms teen SC :keke:) the war has been won, and we are just over there trying to keep things stable till Iraq can figure out how to take care of their own country after years of living under a dictator. Do you really think I enjoy getting deployed, that I relish the day I have to go back for my third time? Come on

azndoc
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Alright

First of all. To those who think that the troops wake up one day and decide to go to war on our own is probably the biggest dumbshit in the world.

We don't say "Shit Bob what do you feel like doing today? I know let's invade another country."

We are sent there by a government that we chose to serve and a country that we sacrifice our own freedom and lives for.

Don't fucking blame the military for doing a job that a lot of others take for granted or don't have the self pride to do.

Seriously why do people insist on holding protests outside of military bases. We DON'T make the decision to go to war. We are sent there to do a job.

Go to the Whitehouse, your Senators, and your local politicians to complain and argue. Don't do it to us.

Just serve one fucking day and you might have the slightest idea why we pride ourselves so much. You don't understand. You can't talk shit about something that you have never done or never will.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html) http://www.quotationspage.net/icon_info.gif (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html)http://www.quotationspage.net/icon_plus.gif (http://www.quotationspage.com/myquotations.php?add=27169)http://www.quotationspage.net/icon_email.gif (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html#email)http://www.quotationspage.net/icon_blank.gif
John Stuart MillI'm done.

mRclARK1
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
^^^ One of my favorite quotes of all time right there.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
kids need to calm down. Support our troops. Shit they've seen worse than pissy little kids. Even if you dont agree with the politics, its not right to oppose your thoughts on someone else. No one is forcing you to join the Armed Forces. But if you keep doing this shit, it will come back to fukk you up. You are one person against millions. Think before you say shit!

well hold on now

this i honestly disagree with.

We shouldnt be silencing the obviously trite and ignorant.

By silencing everyone simply by disagreeing with politics concerns over our current foriegn policy we arent any better than Iran.

I don't know all the details on the Banning's but I have a feeling it was not for the sake of allowing a balanced display of points of views.

but then again its a private forum...so its their choice

ThePenIsMightier
10-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I support the troops as individuals fighting to survive, but I don't see how they're protecting my freedom, and 99.8% of the rest of us here in the U.S.A.'s freedom. The only way our lives are in danger from what we've seen in the recent past is terrorism. Do you fear terrorism? If you do then doesn't that mean the war was lost? Oh no!

I also think it's funny how the attitude is all America!!, but the politics of this board have that totalitarian vibe.

I support the troops. I hope they live. But they signed up for it knowing what they'd be fighting for. I won't participate in a war to horde resources.

fliprayzin240sx
10-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Shiet Im in the military and I dont believe in the war. I got in before 9/11, I wasnt one of the people who signed up because I'm "patriotic." I came in because its a job for me. It was either this or try to to school while working full time and supporting myself. No way in hell I could have started my life in a dead end job working 40-50 hrs a week, trying to go to school with 14-16 hr semester. I joined the AF because of the steady paycheck and I get proficient on a job that I can use later down the road. I guess me wanting to better my life made me less american...

mrmephistopheles
10-25-2007, 12:51 AM

By silencing everyone simply by disagreeing with politics concerns over our current foriegn policy we arent any better than Iran.

I don't know all the details on the Banning's but I have a feeling it was not for the sake of allowing a balanced display of points of views.

Conspiracy theorize much?

Come on Steve, we're not Fox News and I'm not Bill O'Reilly. Nobody is going to shut you down because they don't agree with you.

Nobody got banned because of their views or opinions.

I'm actually getting irritated at this sort of cockamamie BS theorizing.

All users were banned for rule violations, not for differences of opinion.

I support the troops as individuals fighting to survive, but I don't see how they're protecting my freedom, and 99.8% of the rest of us here in the U.S.A.'s freedom. The only way our lives are in danger from what we've seen in the recent past is terrorism. Do you fear terrorism? If you do then doesn't that mean the war was lost? Oh no!

I also think it's funny how the attitude is all America!!, but the politics of this board have that totalitarian vibe.

I support the troops. I hope they live. But they signed up for it knowing what they'd be fighting for. I won't participate in a war to horde resources.

I'm sure you think you're a smart guy.

Clearly you can't read before you type though, because I've covered one of the points you've raised.

THE CONCEPT OF SUPPORTING TROOPS IS THAT IT'S DONE REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION THEY'RE IN.

Not sure how I can spell that out any more clearly.

Now to address another issue you've raised - the concept of the servicemember's duty to protect freedom, etc.
That's the primary duty of a servicemember. That's the MAIN reason they've been enlisted (or commissioned).
Part of that job means you follow the orders given to you by those in your chain of command. The only time when it's permissible to disobey those orders is when they're clearly illegal orders (go kill that baby/go rape that woman, etc). Foreign policy decisions are not within the purview of any servicemember to question. While you may not agree with that, those are the rules we play by.

As far as why the war started and what America's goal was behind it - I can't say. I don't agree with the war (though it is nice to have Saddam out of power), and I want us out of that quagmire ASAP.

The reason this forum isn't a democracy is simple. This is a private forum. It's privately owned, and staffed by volunteers. If we allowed users to elect moderators, then the owner wouldn't have as much control over his property. Last time I checked, Best Buy wasn't keen on having customers pick their managers and employees.
Zilvia is free to use, but we still like to think of users as customers, with the goal of providing a good experience (product). In order to make that experience nice for all, we have rules established for users to abide by, and terms that they must agree with. Sometimes users fail to abide by these rules and are subject to administrative action.
Any business would do the same to anyone who cause their other customers to have a negative experience.

Your suggestion that Zilvia is a totalitarian state, or others' that it's a Nazi state, etc are just plain ignorant and immature.

We're not unreasonable here, we just have a low tolerance for BS.

LimitedEdition
10-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Many people have already said it,

I dont agree with the war, but that doesnt stop me from supporting our troops. They are Americans just like us and deserve the respect.

Lets take this for instance, the tool that said all troops are braindead fucks or whateve, what about the ones that have been in since desert storm and earlier? My point is, its not like you get to choose whether or not you want to deploy. Uncle Sam says your going and guess what, you end up there.

My uncle joined in 1998. He didnt join to go fight some BS war. He joined for the job, sight seeing, education. 7 years later he was deployed to the sandbox.

I dont know, someone might be able to understand my response.

All troops have my respect though.

HalveBlue
10-25-2007, 01:08 AM
...Your suggestion that Zilvia is a totalitarian state, or others' that it's a Nazi state, etc are just plain ignorant and immature...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXM9IzZcFME

:keke:

Vision Garage
10-25-2007, 01:14 AM
well hold on now

this i honestly disagree with.

Steve, they can talk all they want. Its a forum and thats just life. I just want to make sure they dont go around everywhere saying shit like this. If they were to say this stuff in a public place, lets hope they can run like forest gump cuz there wont be flaming or banning, more like punching and kicking.

supad0rk
10-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Why are people wishing death upon others because what they believe in, how they feel, or what their job is? Just because at your job, if someone asks you to do something you can simply say no and get fired? Life is easy for the people who sit around and do a simple task but when it comes to putting your life on the line you think twice, some jobs don't give you that choice. Government, politics, hate, differences, and religion all help fuel war so in my opinion you are no different from the ones who start it.

These people are simply doing their duty, if you believe you can do a better job at directing a few million people then do so. Or do you simply come on a forum to spread your hate in an attempt to show that you are not running a country for a reason? In reality if there was no competition between a single person, we did only simply enough to survive, and our only thought was to live, create a spawn and die without passing on any knowledge besides that, we could live without war. If that is what you really believe in give up everything you have, take off all the clothes that keep you warm, get off your fucking computer, and live out in the wilderness... let's see how long you survive. And if you don't like this country then GTFO. People make mistakes and the wrong a lot of times including the leaders of our country, but if you can't show back bone to stand up for what you believe in and protecting those around you then how do you call yourself a human being? Listen up there are worse things out there than death, if you lose people who love you and you are still alive it hurts a lot than any death can bring. If you are just going to babble on about politics why don't you run for some kind of official, don't talk shit to the people who follow orders to protect your sorry ass.

Learn to STFU and enjoy life because every second you have sitting around you have the choice to do so or not. There are people out there who have to wonder whether they will make it to the next day or not, you fucking cock socks have no knowledge or understanding of what that is like. I support all of those out there and their families because they have to deal with that everyday. When have you ever had to put your life on the line for someone you didn't know?

ThePenIsMightier
10-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Nobody got banned because of their views or opinions.

Looking through the original thread, nearly every person who had an opinion other than Ben Stein's was banned. No porn posts. No advertising. Just thought I'd point that out.

Now to address your unfounded personal attack on myself...

I'm sure you think you're a smart guy.

Clearly you can't read before you type though, because I've covered one of the points you've raised.

THE CONCEPT OF SUPPORTING TROOPS IS THAT IT'S DONE REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION THEY'RE IN.

Not sure how I can spell that out any more clearly.

You can read too. You just chose not to read the first sentence in the first and last paragraphs of my previous post. Here let me reiterate. I support the troops. I cannot imagine being one, and that's why I live in Dallas. I don't like hurting people blah blah blah war is stupid. I still support the troops. No need explaining anything to me. I can read. :mrmeph:

Now to address another issue you've raised - the concept of the servicemember's duty to protect freedom, etc.
That's the primary duty of a servicemember. That's the MAIN reason they've been enlisted (or commissioned).
Part of that job means you follow the orders given to you by those in your chain of command. The only time when it's permissible to disobey those orders is when they're clearly illegal orders (go kill that baby/go rape that woman, etc). Foreign policy decisions are not within the purview of any servicemember to question. While you may not agree with that, those are the rules we play by.

Thank you for that insight. I know.

As far as why the war started and what America's goal was behind it - I can't say. I don't agree with the war (though it is nice to have Saddam out of power), and I want us out of that quagmire ASAP.

Well we can make our own conjectures about why we started a war on terror in Afghanistan and ended up in Iraq. It seems obvious to me, but I can't be certain.

The reason this forum isn't a democracy is simple. This is a private forum. It's privately owned, and staffed by volunteers. If we allowed users to elect moderators, then the owner wouldn't have as much control over his property. Last time I checked, Best Buy wasn't keen on having customers pick their managers and employees.
Zilvia is free to use, but we still like to think of users as customers, with the goal of providing a good experience (product). In order to make that experience nice for all, we have rules established for users to abide by, and terms that they must agree with. Sometimes users fail to abide by these rules and are subject to administrative action.
Any business would do the same to anyone who cause their other customers to have a negative experience.

Your suggestion that Zilvia is a totalitarian state, or others' that it's a Nazi state, etc are just plain ignorant and immature.

We're not unreasonable here, we just have a low tolerance for BS.
Understood, but Best Buy isn't a discussion forum. It's a retail store. Here we come to discuss whatever is on our minds. When discussing whatever, opinions often rise. Saying you are making this place better by silencing opinions that differ from your own is well...

an opinion. It makes the place better for you, but you aren't a "customer".

mrmephistopheles
10-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Looking through the original thread, nearly every person who had an opinion other than Ben Stein's was banned. No porn posts. No advertising. Just thought I'd point that out.

Indeed. It was a matter of personal attacks, and failing to follow forum rules.

Now to address your unfounded personal attack on myself...

The sardonic nature of my accusation wasn't clear, and I've only myself to blame. It's entirely obvious to anyone following along that yes, indeed, you are capable of reading.

You can read too. You just chose not to read the first sentence in the first and last paragraphs of my previous post. Here let me reiterate. I support the troops. I cannot imagine being one, and that's why I live in Dallas. I don't like hurting people blah blah blah war is stupid. I still support the troops. No need explaining anything to me. I can read. :mrmeph:

I certainly did read it and replied to it.
I never accused you of not supporting the troops (and in fact made no comment on anyone's preference on the matter) - simply that you did not understand the purpose of the 'movement', if you will. You made that clear when you said you didn't understand how US servicemembers in Iraq were defending yours or others' freedom. I explained that it's without regard to where they are and what they're doing that their primary job is the defense of the nation.

I don't follow what you mean about your decision to live in Dallas because you don't want to serve in the armed forces. :confused: :confused:

Thank you for that insight. I know.

Sorry if I broke it down Barney-style for you there, but you clearly stated in that first sentence that you didn't understand the situation. I was merely trying to help.

Well we can make our own conjectures about why we started a war on terror in Afghanistan and ended up in Iraq. It seems obvious to me, but I can't be certain.

Agreed. In the end, it'll still only be conjecture. What we should be concerning ourselves with at this point is the election of a better leader and pressuring our representatives to resolve the situation. Much as blame needs to be heaped around, pointing fingers does nobody any good right now.

Understood, but Best Buy isn't a discussion forum. It's a retail store. Here we come to discuss whatever is on our minds. When discussing whatever, opinions often rise. Saying you are making this place better by silencing opinions that differ from your own is well...

an opinion. It makes the place better for you, but you aren't a "customer".

I know. I simply couldn't conjure up a better comparison on short notice.
This forum isn't necessarily to discuss ''whatever is on our minds", but primarily a place to discuss the 240sx, with an OT forum for flavor.
Opinions are fine and welcome, so long as they're presented appropriately.
For the umpteenth time, we're not making an effort to 'silence opinions' - it's a matter of keeping the forums a nice place to be. How can you possibly blame me for the fact that the people banned weren't capable of controlling their emotions sufficient to continuing an argument?
Again, it's not a matter of making it a better place for *ME*, it's for the general public. If I was the kind of admin you're painting me as, I'd be deleting users and posts willy-nilly and you'd never even know that anyone disagreed with me. It's irritating that people enjoy taking moderation personally and will without fail, make the mod/admin out to be a power-crazed jerk.

In the end, it's a private forum open to registration pending agreement to a set of rules designed to keep the forum running smoothly. It's not a democracy and freedom of speech is not a given. Given that all of the admin/mod staff is American (and some of us have served in the military), we tend to support the ideals our nation was founded on. We don't, however, stop ourselves from eliminating a problematic user if it means editing a post or banning them.

I believe in one's freedom of speech, and prefer to let people's opinions air freely. I cannot abide personal attacks though, and users that break forum rules cannot be left unchecked. If you sincerely have a problem with our handling of our forum, we suggest you seek comfort elsewhere.

ROADKILLS13
10-25-2007, 10:35 AM
AND I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA TALK ABOUT 240'S........

EndLeSS8
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I believe in one's freedom of speech, and prefer to let people's opinions air freely. I cannot abide personal attacks though, and users that break forum rules cannot be left unchecked. If you sincerely have a problem with our handling of our forum, we suggest you seek comfort elsewhere.

So where does one draw the line between flaming and personal attacks?

A good portion of the premium members and posters with high post counts/ friends with the moderators have huge leeway, while newer posters have ZERO slack.

Regarding flaming, a lot of premium members take great pride in personal attacks, that go well beyond flaming.
I understand that yes, noobs should search before making topics that have been asked for the zillionth time, however, even in normal, relevent topics, a good portion of the older members/premies/high post counts go beyond flaming.

Again, it's your forum, so I read only the threads that I like, and you can moderate whatever way you so feel.
It's kinda like, I'm in your house, so I have to obey your rules.
That is perfectly acceptable.

However, to deny that mods are biased towards Premies/older members/high post counts, I feel, is quite untrue.

The best example is Chmercer

He ripped people off for T-shirts. Excuse after excuse, and he's banned from the marketplace.
However, he STILL IS on the forum. You can check his last visit here on Zilvia, it is Oct 17th, 2007, WELL beyond later than when he ripped people off.

The mods are biased towards him because they have a relationship with him. Also, Chmercers REAL LIFE friends have made ZERO attempt to right this wrong.

If fact, they made a mockery of things, adding insult to injury to people who were ripped off by Chmercer
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=161583

If it was any other noob poster, or someone disliked, they would of been permabanned, no questions asked.

EndLeSS8
10-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Baka Sama was banned for personal attacks against other members.

Chmercer has instigated personal attacks against other members and has never been banned.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1462641&postcount=51

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1450392&postcount=79

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1444659&postcount=24

SimpleSexy180
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
He said all this talking about supporting our troops was taking away from talking about why we are there. Which is true!

which is slightly true, but those are two different different subjects in the war. Sadly....

this war is an embarrassment IMO. I support the guys over there, they will come back and should be honored for doing there job.

But the way OUR government has been ran the past years pisses me off. NOW IRAN is a so called threat, give me a fucking break US OF A

ThePenIsMightier
10-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Endless - Chmercer did get banned for saying "a nigga'd put rims on a toaster if he could" a while back. A Chris Rock joke iirc. Not consistent with what I and others have been banned for, but hey, private forum.

mrmephistopheles (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=3010) - thank you for being civil. But I did want to point out that if you only took what was said in the other thread as a personal attack because it was against your opinion. The people in that thread that brought the other side to the table were completely civil and called nobody names. They asked questions and wanted to have their points answered. That is normally how a debate works.

Now if you read the people not answering questions, but defending themselves (it's hard to defend that the troops are actually doing anything), you will notice much name calling and what I would consider attacks. "they fight for stupid people like you to ask stupid questions like you just did" was one that struck me.

I can't remember the last time an Iraqi wouldn't let me ask a stupid question. I can't think of the last time I even saw an Iraqi. The troops aren't fighting to defend my freedom. They may use that as defense against "commie libs" (lol) who ask these blasphemous un-american questions, but in reality they aren't.

Just thought I'd point that out.

steve shadows
10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm actually getting irritated at this sort of cockamamie BS theorizing.

All users were banned for rule violations, not for differences of opinion.

free speech?

it seems like the rules have been changing a lot lately

Unholy S14
10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
anyone like cereal ?

supad0rk
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
The members that were banned sounded very civil when voicing their opinions. However when someone decides to instigate no matter how calm they are sounding, it is still instigating. If I ask you "What good do you fucking do for this country?" does it matter what tone I make it seem like I am asking?

I would suggest against asking a person what their own worth is in life and backing them into a corner, most people don't appreciate that. Let me ask you, what is your personal worth in life? You aren't doing a single thing that really helps me, why should I care whether you live or die? You know what, I don't think you are really doing anything for this country at all, you should really just leave. Remember that whatever BS excuse you make it doesn't matter, I don't see you lifting a finger for me... sooo that makes you useless.

ThePenIsMightier
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Okay. Well I didn't say anyone was worthless, nor did I imply it. I didn't say because the troops aren't doing anything for me I don't support them. I said Even though the troops aren't doing anything for me, I still support them.

You're trying to back me into a corner by putting words into my mouth. My tone didn't resemble what you made it out to be, nor do I believe any of what you said.

And I'm a 19 year old college student working as a waiter 6 nights a week. I do what I can.

But people like you get far in life too, riding on the ass that you kiss all day to get that promotion or whatever. Why don't you argue with me on a valid point instead of mouthing off some irrelevant BS?

U12Bluebird
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM

I guess Pat Buchanan isn't a conservative by your logic.

You disappoint me bro.

On another note, I don't know why people talk about politics on a board like this. Seriously if you want to discuss politics, then do so on a political blog or a board for political issues. I don't know, I guess I'm not so keen on talking about politics on here as much, given the cyclical nature of such. I learned my lesson on here before since it doesn't accomplish much.

steve shadows
10-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Well yeah all the republicans against the way the war was formulated are blackballed.

I don’t know the details of all this gay drama, but a vote against continuing the war for another 5-10 years is not necessarily against the Troops.

wrapmeup2005
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Not to step on anyone's toes but Im sure that they will be stepped on but, how many people that say "support the troops" actually do a single thing to support them. To me, most everyone goes on with there daily life because thats how life goes, the first person we think about is "numero uno." Honestly, troops think about themselves as well, they aren't fighting for our freedom for free with no source of contribution to them. They enlist because of a signing bonus, free college, the benefits that you get after. I understand that you guys are fighting for "our" country, but there isn't any real reason to fight, and there isn't a reason to fight to be "free." I think America has been "free" since we fought the British.

My views may be taken lightly or harshly by those that are serving right now as I write this but the last thing I would want to do is go through what they are dealing with. I couldn't imagine having a huge lifestyle change like you did and I kudos that but at the same time I couldn't imagine fighting for America, or any country because I do care about numero uno....and so does everybody else!

Our troops are living a hard life in a definite third world country but so are a lot of people that don't even have the choice. We don't say, "Support the Ethiopians" for living how they are and for dying slow deaths from malnutrition or disease. We don't congradulate the people who put their lives on the line for the most dangerous jobs that make Americans happy (the men and helicopter pilots that hang high voltage cable, aircraft pilots, etc., even everyday people getting in a car or getting out of bed run the risk of dying.)

Im just saying, I would like to say I support the troops, but they are getting something out of it just as well. I know the situation sucks but they sign on knowing that.

supad0rk
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I said the members that got banned, not you. I really don't have any love or hate for anyone here, if all you want to do is argue points go for it. All I was saying is show some respect, if you support them then why do you bother saying that they aren't protecting your freedom? I'm not shoving words into your mouth or backing you into any corner, I am asking you what you would feel if someone decided to question you like that.

Sure we are taught to ask questions in life and question authority, but none of these people here are that authority. Don't go disrespecting them because you don't like something that they are the ones that have to deal with it. You know why most of this forum and a lot of places have gone to shit, because there is a lack of respect between everyone.

I respect you and whatever opinions you have, I would gladly glance over and approve or disapprove in my head whatever i thought was right or wrong. I stay very quiet on this forum in that way because I don't like to jump into bull shit that will just cause a troll to get what he wants. However, I will same something when I realize that someone is lacking something that is really what starts differences and conflicts, it's respect. I read over one of the member's posts that made it seem like another member should not be proud to be in the armed services, you want to tell me that people should stand around and take shit like that? Being told that you shouldn't be proud that you volunteered to lay your life down for people you won't even meet? You tell me what gives a person the right to ask that, the first amendment? Since when do we use THAT as an excuse to go around respect?

And someone will say there are plenty of members on here are disrespectful, I agree because I used to have a bunch of red squares from some premie asshat who decided to neg rep me because I replied to a thread, I didn't fuss about it because it's a damn forum and a stupid thread. Life goes on, it didn't sink into my heart, just showed his ignorance. However, I don't think something like that should justify me mouthing off to even him.

Really if you don't get it yet, it's about respect. No political points, no whose right or whose wrong, he or she bull shit, just respect. Would you appreciate it if you were in his or her position and you were being asked all these questions and having all the put on your shoulder simply because you wanted to do what you think is right? If tomorrow some random country decides to invade us do you think that his or her opinion of you questioning what they are doing out there will make a difference whether they decide to save you or not?

EndLeSS8
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Endless - Chmercer did get banned for saying "a nigga'd put rims on a toaster if he could" a while back. A Chris Rock joke iirc. Not consistent with what I and others have been banned for, but hey, private forum.

Chmercer was temporarily banned for that racial slur.

However, regarding ripping people off for T-shirts, and for the personal attacks I posted up, he has been only "Banned from the Marketplace"

Even when McRussellPants (who knows Chmercer in person, in real life) posted:

Viceroy properties For Sale:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rights to Viceroy and associated Viceroy stuff.

With this you get

-Admin login to Viceroy.co.nr, only the coolest Team site in the USA

-Template for Viceroy Shirt making, all you dumbasses who bought tall Ts with a V rattled on them from charlie can finally get them or something.

-Rights to use Ruritania font on cars, hang out with Vertex, bust on warren for saying no to knockoffs or something.

-Cool Avatar gifs and Labyrinth sigs.

-Maybe a free sticker.

Such things make you king of the streets, allow you to scam zilvia and still get green rep, and people sack on you for being a dick.

500$ Firm

Posting for a friend:

CHmercer user Login and Password.

-Premium Membership
-2000+ posts
-2000+ Rep
-You'll probably get aims from dumbasses 24/7 about traffic lights and shit.
-No access to Marketplace.

150$

Original thread here: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=161583

How is ripping people off even funny?

His original post for T-shirts was dated July 12, 2007
The thread was closed August 4, 2007

Chmercer was apparently on vacation/excuses/whatever so there was a huge delay.
Now he has stopped responding to emails and PMs even when he is back from vacation etc.
He was last seen on Zilvia on Oct 17th, 2007 http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=11878

Which is LONG after his vacation/excuses/whatever.

Again,
If it was any other poster or member, they would of been permabanned immediately for intentiallly ripping off members of the community (and have one of his friends jokingly make an insulting thread)

However, since Chmercer/Viceroy is "well known" on Zilvia, there is very little justice being done about this.

Permaban should be the BARE MINIMUM of the punishment.

ThePenIsMightier
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
On another note, I don't know why people talk about politics on a board like this. Seriously if you want to discuss politics, then do so on a political blog or a board for political issues. I don't know, I guess I'm not so keen on talking about politics on here as much, given the cyclical nature of such. I learned my lesson on here before since it doesn't accomplish much.

What did you accomplish by reading this thread, or posting in it for that matter? You aren't as wise as you think.

Really if you don't get it yet, it's about respect. No political points, no whose right or whose wrong, he or she bull shit, just respect. Would you appreciate it if you were in his or her position and you were being asked all these questions and having all the put on your shoulder simply because you wanted to do what you think is right? If tomorrow some random country decides to invade us do you think that his or her opinion of you questioning what they are doing out there will make a difference whether they decide to save you or not?

Why would I just be silent because it's the "right thing to do"? I don't believe my opinion is particularly insulting. I also know there are many people who share my opinion who won't / aren't here to speak up for themselves.

And about people saying blatantly rude things like "you shouldn't be proud to be in the military", is it really that hard to ignore someone with such ignorant opinions? For some reason you'd think being thick-skinned would come with being a soldier.

And endless, please, there is a forum for your qualms too.

U12Bluebird
10-25-2007, 02:25 PM
What did you accomplish by reading this thread, or posting in it for that matter? You aren't as wise as you think.

Killed time, what's your point? You're still bitching and whining about stuff that none of us have any control over.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply here, since it's privately run. You're a guest, and you're obliged to follow the rules. Unable to do so, then it is not the place for you or anyone else to stay.

EndLeSS8
10-25-2007, 02:55 PM
And endless, please, there is a forum for your qualms too.

I think you might of misunderstood my previous post.
Sorry for the long windedness, but this is the jist of my post (Which is indeed relevant to this conversation):

The mods have stated that they banned Baka Sama because of personal attacks to another member of the forum, not because of differences in opinion.

I stated and gave evidence of Chmercer personally attacking other members (in addition to his actions on Marketplace) yet Chmercer was only given a Marketplace ban.

That is why my points are relevant to this discussion.

S13SilviaGirl
10-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Now if you read the people not answering questions, but defending themselves (it's hard to defend that the troops are actually doing anything), you will notice much name calling and what I would consider attacks. "they fight for stupid people like you to ask stupid questions like you just did" was one that struck me.

I can't remember the last time an Iraqi wouldn't let me ask a stupid question. I can't think of the last time I even saw an Iraqi. The troops aren't fighting to defend my freedom. They may use that as defense against "commie libs" (lol) who ask these blasphemous un-american questions, but in reality they aren't.

Just thought I'd point that out.

First off....there was one poster banned for personally attacking me. Then, the original poster of this thread, was as I stated, banned for calling another girl on the forum a bitch, and used it in a derogatory manner. His actions cause his banning to be lengthened. Now, I have no need to sit here and explain an individuals banning to you. Nor, do you or anyone else have the right to an explanation. So, please, before you accuse us of silencing members, look at their actions prior to their being banned...which some trail on for a good year or more.

As far as the "defending your freedom" bs...I stated before, in the last thread...it ISNT about that crap. Now, imagine that the US has NO self defense. No military. No group of people volunteering to serve. Where do you think we would be right now at this very point in life? I can even begin to imagine!

We are pretty open minded here. There are a lot of things that are tolerated on here that are not on other forums...things that a lot of others would be banning people for.

Now, if everyone wishes this to be a STRICTLY car related forum only, I mean, yeah...the OT section could be deleted. Then, we wouldn't have the reasons to "ban people for their opinions" as some have stated.

And, as said before, if you don't like the policies here...the ones that you AGREED to when you registered, please feel free to find the door.

I think you might of misunderstood my previous post.
Sorry for the long windedness, but this is the jist of my post (Which is indeed relevant to this conversation):

The mods have stated that they banned Baka Sama because of personal attacks to another member of the forum, not because of differences in opinion.

I stated and gave evidence of Chmercer personally attacking other members (in addition to his actions on Marketplace) yet Chmercer was only given a Marketplace ban.

That is why my points are relevant to this discussion.

There are reasons as to why he was not permanently banned. Those are not open for discussion. As for the other members...they are only on a few months hiatus. They will be back after their time-out. Not one person has had an IP ban, not one was permanently excused from our forums.

babowc
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
jeez..
so this is what the off-topic is like :ugh:
I dont browse around often, but :aw:
DRAMA!