PDA

View Full Version : To all in SoCal with pets:::

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Just wanted to pass along some info that was passed to me on the Yorkie forum I am on:

I wanted to pass this information on. I posted it in the CA forum, but it keeps getting lost under all the new posts. This was posted on another forum from a friend of mine... keep your babies safe!

"My vet in Chino had 3 cases of Parvo today, he said the winds are making Parvo cases rise and to keep a close eye on your pets right now. Keep puppies away from dog parks, fields, places where dogs congregate..."

B18C5MK1
10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
thanks for the info.

Inlandsilvia
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the good info. My puppy had parvo and lucky we caught it in time and was able to save her. It wasn't cheap, but she was well worth it.

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Anytime...I know there are a lot of dog lovers on here too... Stay safe everyone!

axiomatik
10-24-2007, 11:36 AM
wait, there's such things as yorkie forums?

whiteytighties
10-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Heard a couple of puppies around the area have died from Parvo. Coworker's cousin's puppy is very sick right now with Parvo and is probably dead already.

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
wait, there's such things as yorkie forums?

www.yorkietalk.com
www.justforyorkies.com

haha. yeah...and there are more, those are just my favs.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
what about smokes effect on animals with regards to the fire?

I was concered a little bit

I mean im doing fine but animals might choke on existing.

they arent the brightest species

ronmcdon
10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
excellent info thanks! I'll be sure to keep my maltese away from the park.

Mr.S14
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks but my bitch, doesnt need it, shes immune to everything, especially chuck norris!, this 140 pnd Rott will tear his godly hands apart.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
NWS NWS NWS!!!! OMG NWS!!! ^^^^^:aw:

Yuri
10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
www.yorkietalk.com
www.justforyorkies.com

haha. yeah...and there are more, those are just my favs.

Are they anything like S-chassis forums?

My Yorkie is sick with something. She won't eat, and her hair is falling out in chunks. Can anyone tell me what she has and what I can do about it?

Search Noob! All teh OG Yorkie owners on here have covered this like a thousand times. most of us are sick of answering questions by Yorkie bandwagon jumper noobies that have already been answered. Theres a whole thread on this, Mods, lock this.

^Haha, pwn3d. IBTL.

SimpleSexy180
10-24-2007, 06:30 PM
^lmao!

YORKIE FORUM owns!

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
OM my God Yuri!!!!

LMAO....that was the FUNNIEST thing bar none! Why? Because I want to do that on there, but I cant....I got in trouble for calling a BS poster a Troll!

Farzam
10-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Lmfao +rep to Yuri.

irax
10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
what is parvo? and what are the symptoms?
My cat has been EXTRA lazy, and EXTRA sleepy... but she doesn't vomit or cough or sneez? I think she is ok but I'm a little worried.

Agamemnon
10-26-2007, 10:22 PM
what is parvo? and what are the symptoms?
My cat has been EXTRA lazy, and EXTRA sleepy... but she doesn't vomit or cough or sneez? I think she is ok but I'm a little worried.
No, you have a normal cat.

illvialuver
10-27-2007, 12:19 AM
i didnt know people on here owned dogs, all i ever see is cats. my dog got parvo when i was younger and she survived but all her puppies died.

ayuaddict
10-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Yorkie tech section...

89dc240
10-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Yorkie Advanced Tech

And please don't hurt me for this, I like dogs, but couldn't resist:

Yorkie Parts For Sale/Yorkie Parts WTB

Agamemnon
10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
"Anyone know of a good shop where I can get my Yorkie corner balanced?"

Matej
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
No, you have a normal cat.
Hahahaha gnarly.

GabeS14
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
So is anyone gonna clarify what the hell Parvo is??
can I take my yorkie to get tunned and tested. if he gets it?

?:bowrofl: hehe

axiomatik
10-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Parvo FAQ (http://www.workingdogs.com/parvofaq.htm)

Yeah, I want to get my yorkie dyno tuned.

S13SilviaGirl
10-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Both of mine are running at peak performance.... :p

GabeS14
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Thx axiomatik:
"Parvovirus is a viral disease of dogs. It affects puppies much more frequently than it affects adult dogs. The virus likes to grow in rapidly dividing cells. The intestinal lining has the biggest concentration of rapidly dividing cells in a puppy's body. The virus attacks and kills these cells, causing diarrhea (often bloody), depression and suppression of white blood cells -- which come from another group of rapidly dividing cells. In very young puppies it can infect the heart muscle and lead to "sudden" death"
just in case others ask!

Agamemnon
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Both of mine are running at peak performance.... :p

Mine has a nasty rear main seal leak.

Dirty Habit
10-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Ugh. My ex had yorkies. Took them everywhere with her. All they did was sit in front of me and yap yap yap yap..all the time.
Little fuckers would bite your hand and shit if you tried to pet em, or shit and piss all over everything...then eat it.
Bitch was lucky she didn't have one around when I gave her the boot, cause I woulda drop punted one of those fuckers through the ceiling.

No offense S13 but Ive learned never to have a lady that keeps small dogs. Always maintenance on one or the other. Id rather work on my car.

S13SilviaGirl
10-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Mine has a nasty rear main seal leak.\

haha, mine has that once in a while...less than premium fuel intake....

Ugh. My ex had yorkies. Took them everywhere with her. All they did was sit in front of me and yap yap yap yap..all the time.
Little fuckers would bite your hand and shit if you tried to pet em, or shit and piss all over everything...then eat it.
Bitch was lucky she didn't have one around when I gave her the boot, cause I woulda drop punted one of those fuckers through the ceiling.

No offense S13 but Ive learned never to have a lady that keeps small dogs. Always maintenance on one or the other. Id rather work on my car.

No offense taken. But, that was probably crappy training on her part. Or maybe the dogs just didnt like you :keke: haha. Mine don't bark, they are well behaved and LOVE car rides! haha.

Dirty Habit
10-31-2007, 09:03 PM
^^
Agreed. The yorkies were basically her, in dog form. I came very close to punting her through the ceiling too. But thats another story.

My basset hound loves car rides. Just recently it found out how to roll down the window. The last time we went out it pushed the button to get the window down, then put her head out the windo, but when she did, she put her paw back on the button, rolling the window back up and about decapitated herself. Luckily I heard her yelp and hit the window lock button.:doh: