PDA

View Full Version : John Tanner must go.

B18C5MK1
10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
John Tanner is a blow hart and must be removed from his position as the nation's top voting rights official at the Justice Department.

He was caught on video claiming that photo ID requirements do not disproportionately disenfranchise minority voters because: "Our society is such that minorities don't become elderly the way white people do; they die first."

Can you believe that doooosh actually said that?!?! He is our top voting rights official!? Ewwww. Un-friggin-believable.

He went on to argue, irrationally, that these requirements actually benefit minorities because: "Anything that disproportionately impacts the elderly has the opposite impact on minorities."

My mang -Barack - sent a letter to Attorney General Peter D. Keisler last week demanding that John Tanner be removed from his position. Damn straight.

Obama's camp has set up a click to send messege thingamadoo on their website so that you can echo his thoughts... click:

TANNER MUST GO (http://my.barackobama.com/page/speakout/johntannermustgo)

If you look back at Tanner's record, its not surprising.

Tanner has been an outspoken advocate for photo ID requirements for all voters. While that sounds like a good idea in theory, think about all the old folks who have no new ID's and all folks that live 'off grid'... do they not deserve a right to vote? We live in a democracy, where the goal should be to encourage eligible voters to vote, not to create new barriers to make it more difficult for them to participate... and its noooo suprise to anyone that study after study show that photo ID requirements have a discriminatory impact on African American and other minority voters... and old farts too.

Take two seconds. Click the link... Click the other link... send a note... Get this jerk-off out of office. Please.

daryl337
10-23-2007, 04:00 PM
No.. they dont deserve to vote. If they don't partake in social lives... then they have no business voting on social issues.

:) just my unwarranted and unethical opinion. :)

unwed_transient
10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
i don't see a problem with photo id requirements.

that's the problem with most americans, they won't get off their lazy asses to do anything, they just want everything handed to them. so what if you have to go wait in line to get a photo id, it's not important to you to vote?

Dirty Habit
10-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Blow hart = Mind bottling.

Agamemnon
10-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I dont see how required photo ID's is a discriminatory act, but I dont think a photo ID should be required to vote.

2ilvia
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
all you should need is proof of right to vote, not that you really choose the president anyway...

vipi0
10-23-2007, 08:24 PM
he right they do die alot

mrmephistopheles
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Photo ID isn't that big of a deal.
In the modern age of stolen identities, it's one MINOR step toward accountability. I don't get the correlation between disenfranchised minorities and the ability to obtain and possess a photo ID. As long as you're a legal citizen, there really isn't any.
Regardless of that dude's comments, that argument is bunk. Photo ID is ok, and I'd rather have to show a piece of paper with my name and picture on it than either have someone steal my vote, or be implanted with a RFID chip.

Diabolical
10-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Most minorities dont vote anyways

rhyderofthastorm
10-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Most minorities dont vote anyways

hahah, followed by, "hey I'm not racist, I'm just telling the truth!"

Jung918
10-24-2007, 01:10 AM
What is wrong about calling it how he sees it? Is it wrong to call something that is black, black? Why is this country so pc?

savannaae
10-24-2007, 01:32 AM

LOL!!! +1 :rofl:

rhyderofthastorm
10-24-2007, 04:58 AM
What is wrong about calling it how he sees it? Is it wrong to call something that is black, black? Why is this country so pc?

Nothing wrong with calling it as seen, just making light of the situation. I mean, some stereotypes have a basis where they originated even though it doesn't necessarily represent the whole population.