PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Animes Ever

twofortyrida1388
10-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Here's my personal favs.

DBZ, YuYu Hakusho, Cowboy bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Trigun, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon(back back in the day). These aren't in any order. Theres a few here and there not listed but I have watched these from episode 1.

Whats your fav?

zero.counter
10-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Bleach, Eureka 7, Burst Angel, Naruto, Karas, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Cowboy Bebop, Robotech (I, II, and III of the original series)

jeeper_x
10-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Doraemon is the greates anime for real......you guys should look it up......classic anime!!!

Baka Sama
10-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Here's my personal favs.

DBZ, YuYu Hakusho, Cowboy bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Trigun, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon(back back in the day). These aren't in any order. Theres a few here and there not listed but I have watched these from episode 1.

Whats your fav?

Did you seriously just say Sailor Moon?! Hahahha:ghey:

Record of Lodess War
CowBoy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Escaflowne
RoboTech/Macross
Naruto Shippuden
Flame of Recca
FLCL
Dragon Ball Z (And only Z!)
Your Under Arrest!
Love Hina
Tenchi Muyo
Ronin Warriors

smellslikecurry
10-23-2007, 12:45 AM
you know we have an anime thread right

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=130393&highlight=anime

jrmiller84
10-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Deathnote... end of story.

</thread>

ayuaddict
10-23-2007, 12:49 AM
doraemon, sazae san, chibimaruko chan.

hahaha.

i doubt anybody gets it...

Kn1ves
10-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Here's my personal favs.

Whats your fav?

Do you only watch cartoon network?

Trigun has been said.

watch GunGrave.. trust me, you wont regret it

edit:
Ok ok, lets throw some more out there

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Onegai(Please) Teacher/Twins
Love Hina
Samurai Champloo
Chi? wtf was that called.. the robot love shit... CHOBITS

BustedS13
10-23-2007, 12:55 AM
well, if we're gonna play this game.

Ranma 1/2
Gunsmith Cats
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Initial D
NGE

...and Agent Aika :d

and of course, Akira is the finest feature length animated film of all time, japanese or otherwise.

ayuaddict
10-23-2007, 12:58 AM
oh i also enjoyed Miyazaki Hayao's movies

like tenchuu no shiro laputa, mimi wo sumaseba, kaze no tani no naoshika, sen to chihiro no kamikakushi, mononoke hime...

but i doubt anybody has seen then either...most of them were made in like the 80's.

longdy
10-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Here is my list:
Akira, Eureka 7, Lovely Complex, Cowboy Bebop, OUTLAW STAR, Robotech Macross Saga and Macross Zero, All of Hayao Miyazaki Films, FLCL, All the GUNDAM series(except american SD gundam *shivers), Mushishi, GTO, Shana, Samurai 7, Initial D, Pokemon, Full Metal Alchemist, Jin-Roh, Death Note, TRIGUN, Rounin Warrior, Rounin Kenshin, Ninja Scroll, Zoids, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Panic, Bleach, Naruto (excluding fillers), Hellsing, Heroic Age, Prince of Tennis, Yu Yu Hakasho, The Big O, Hamtaro(ahahhaha), 5 Centimeters-a chain of short stories about their distance, Tsubasa Chronicles seasons 1&2, Ramna 1/2, and thats about it.....lol

oh im his brother btw saw this thread and couldnt help myself
.._.. _
.(*A*)
d(.....)b
.|_)__)

monkey7
10-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Vampire hunter D and Urusei Yatsura are my favorites. I still have them on colored vhs tapes.

powersteeringless180sx
10-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Macross, Ghost in the Shell, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam:The 08th MS Team

Sil-Abc
10-23-2007, 02:21 AM
GTO. nuff said. all u guys just list the ones cartoon network shows.

Jakob
10-23-2007, 02:23 AM
hellsing is one of my favourites.

0wn3r
10-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Here is my list:
Akira, Eureka 7, Lovely Complex, Cowboy Bebop, OUTLAW STAR, Robotech Macross Saga and Macross Zero, All of Hayao Miyazaki Films, FLCL, All the GUNDAM series(except american SD gundam *shivers), Mushishi, GTO, Shana, Samurai 7, Initial D, Pokemon, Full Metal Alchemist, Jin-Roh, Death Note, TRIGUN, Rounin Warrior, Rounin Kenshin, Ninja Scroll, Zoids, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Panic, Bleach, Naruto (excluding fillers), Hellsing, Heroic Age, Prince of Tennis, Yu Yu Hakasho, The Big O, Hamtaro(ahahhaha), 5 Centimeters-a chain of short stories about their distance, Tsubasa Chronicles seasons 1&2, Ramna 1/2, and thats about it.....lol

oh im his brother btw saw this thread and couldnt help myself
.._.. _
.(*A*)
d(.....)b
.|_)__)

wow, maybe he should have just asked you if there were any you DIDN'T like instead.

Some of the best I've seen: Bleach, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo

I'm still pissed at Naruto for its fillers.

10-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I can't believe Kn1ves is the only one who listed NGE.

you know we have an anime thread right

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=130393&highlight=anime

+1

murda-c
10-23-2007, 07:11 AM
i watched the last episode of cowboy bebop on adult swim last night and that never gets old.

bang.

jrmiller84
10-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm still pissed at Naruto for its fillers.

Shippuden is making up for it though.

We have a subscription through narutocentral.com (http://www.narutocentral.com/news/) that let's us see them the day after they come out (takes time to translate).

Also, if you guys want to download full series, narutocentral has most animes. It's $5 a month for the subscription and you get pretty much everything you can imagine.

kyoru
10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
i rarely watch anime, but my all time favorite is trigun, i just love the character design in that anime, plus it is funny as shit. other favs. vampire hunter d, fist of the north star, samurai 7, NGE, escaflowne, and gundam wing. really digged the old megaman anime too. i hate dragon ball z way to boring for me, I have better things to do then to wait for a dude to charge his fireball up for an episode. i have a soft spot for mech animes.

quasimoto
10-23-2007, 07:35 AM
from my external hard drive folder:) :

.Hack
Ah! My Goddess
Akira
Berserk
Bleach
Blue Submarine
Bubblegum Crisis
Card Captor Sakura
Chobits
Clamp
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
DNAngel
Dragonball Z &GT
Escaflowne
Eureka 7
Evangelion
Flame of Recca
FLCL
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
Full Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Gantz
Gate Keepers
Get Backers
Ghost in the Shell
Gundam Wing
Hamtaro
Hellsing
Initial D
Inu-Yasha
Magic Knights Rayearth
Megaman
My Neighbor Totoro
Naruto
Noir
One Piece
Outlaw Star
Paranoia Agent
Pokemon
Princess Mononoke
Ranma 1/2
Robotech
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo
Scryed
Shaman King
Slam Dunk
Slayers
Spirited Away
Tenchi Muyo!
Tenjo Tenge
Trigun
Vampire Hunter D
Yu-Gi-Oh
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Zoids

Koopa Troopa
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Azumanga Daioh
Azumanga Daioh
Azumanga Daioh

I also like Initial D, Urusei Yatsura and Ghibli movies.

TheWolf
10-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Shippuden is making up for it though.

We have a subscription through narutocentral.com (http://www.narutocentral.com/news/) that let's us see them the day after they come out (takes time to translate).

Also, if you guys want to download full series, narutocentral has most animes. It's $5 a month for the subscription and you get pretty much everything you can imagine.

You are a twit.. naruto central makes it's money stealing fansubber's work and hosting it as their own content. The are just about as bad as people burning fansubs to dvd and selling them on ebay.

http://www.dattebayo.com/

just go there and download the torrent. bleach is wed night around 10pm est
naruto is thurs night around 10pm est

When I did timing for tvnihon they started putting our episodes in their lineup and selling $5 access to them when it's a free download to begin with. NarutoCentral now with over 120 stolen series's. Shits free and should stay free.

02BRB20
10-23-2007, 08:08 AM
You are a twit.. naruto central makes it's money stealing fansubber's work and hosting it as their own content. The are just about as bad as people burning fansubs to dvd and selling them on ebay.

When I did timing for tvnihon they started putting our episodes in their lineup and selling $5 access to them when it's a free download to begin with. NarutoCentral now with over 120 stolen series's. Shits free and should stay free.

damnit, you beat me to it.

yeah, its all about dattebayo; even if you cant d/l torrents the episodes come out on youtube after the sub's been released.

the anime is cool, im waiting for it to get to the more interesting arcs; then were going ot start seeing sickkkk animation.

till then, the manga keeps on me on the edge of my seat

Tops*
10-23-2007, 08:15 AM
oh i also enjoyed Miyazaki Hayao's movies

like tenchuu no shiro laputa, mimi wo sumaseba, kaze no tani no naoshika, sen to chihiro no kamikakushi, mononoke hime...

but i doubt anybody has seen then either...most of them were made in like the 80's.

Hmmm Yuta, I (the family) actually own all of those movies...they're all available in English translation now.
Man...Totoro was my boy back in the day.
Heisei Tanuki Gassenn Ponnpoko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

The Prince of Tennis (テニプリ)
Detective Conan (名探偵コナン)

daryl337
10-23-2007, 08:44 AM
GITS (movie and stand alone complex)
Trigun
Ranma 1/2
Jin-Roh
Akira
Ninja Scroll

jrmiller84
10-23-2007, 08:45 AM

Whoa, excuse me for not being in the know of the anime community, jesus fucking christ. I'm not the one paying them money, chill the hell out.

twofortyrida1388
10-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Do you only watch cartoon network?

Trigun has been said.

watch GunGrave.. trust me, you wont regret it

edit:
Ok ok, lets throw some more out there

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Onegai(Please) Teacher/Twins
Love Hina
Samurai Champloo
Chi? wtf was that called.. the robot love shit... CHOBITS

OMFG!! I forgot all about GunGrave(that shit was deep), and Samurai Champloo. I've seen all the episodes in these as well. NGE I've seen a few here and there and Golden Boy I've seen bits of too.

twofortyrida1388
10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I just can't watch the o.g.'s in japanese and reading subtitles. There was shit tons listed that I'll have to try out.

!Zar!
10-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Sad thing is I've seen 95% of what's been listed. o_O;

exitspeed
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM
The OG Transformers the Movie.

I haven't seen a lot of Anime outside of the normal Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Project A-Ko.

SiI40sx
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
DBGT, Ranma 1/2, Initial D (Cuz its JDM), Princess Mononoke..... thats pretty much it, Im not that JDM

PBucch
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I like Akiraand ninja scroll, pretty sick movies, as well as the Kenshin OVA's

The only series i ever got into was Berserk, everything else seemed childish to me.

What is an anime that is full of violence but also with a good plot, not too much supernaturaul shit or COMEDY, I FUCKING HATE COMEDY IN ANIME(ie trigun)

ManoNegra
10-23-2007, 12:59 PM

Word, DB is pretty quick to post new eps and their torrents are fast.

Sad thing is I've seen 95% of what's been listed. o_O;

Ditto.

Some series I didn't see come up much but that I think are worth checking out:
- Maision Ikkoku
- Scryed
- Rah Xephon (sp)
- Kenshin
- Wolf's Rain
- Lupin
- Touch (baseball drama)
- Ebichu (and anything by Gainax)
- Crayon Shin-chan
- Tenchi
- Bubblegum Crisis (chicks with guns prototype)
- Giant Robo
- Gundamn 83 - Stardust Memory and 80 - War in the Pocket.
- Mermaid Scar and Forrest
- FLCL
- Lain
- City Hunter

Others I'm sure I'm forgetting about too.
And seriously, wtf? Sailor Moon? Azumanga Daioh? DBZ? Chobits??? [/Hater] :coolugh:

Antihero983
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
all the gundam series, cowboy bebop, trigun, NOIR, inuyasha, samurai champloo, lupin III
a few others i cant remember

2f2fLOL
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Here's my list of favorite animes:

Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Hajime No Ippo
Initial D
Yakitate Japan!
Rurouni Kenshin
D Gray Man
too many to list.

ManoNegra
10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
^ So did you loved the ending of Yakitate Japan? I know I did... not.
Hajime no Ippo was awesome, we need more boxing Anime.

Ooops... add Capeta to the list.

Baka Sama
10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Are we really listing Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh as the greatest Anime? What are we in middle school?!

The greatest anime of all time by far is GOLDEN BOY! Hahahaha
Watch Golden Boy, Episode 4: Swimming in the Sea of Love. Watch it in english dub to. It will change your life...forever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmBSfci0yE

Koopa Troopa
10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
And seriously, wtf? Sailor Moon? Azumanga Daioh? DBZ? Chobits??? [/Hater] :coolugh:

Azumanga pwns j00 weak ass anime! Funniest show I've watched in a long time.

I've been watching Oruchuban Ebichu as well.

ManoNegra
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Ebichuman is the shit.
I think I AD would be a show I would appreciate if I were high.

Koopa Troopa
10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I havn't seen Azumanga in English but from watching it in Japanese alot of the jokes are a play on the Japanese language and culture... It'd be a hard show to appreciate if you didn't know much.

Like when they go to Okinawa and Kaorin is wearing an Umin Chu shirt or when they go to Kokusai dori. Best damn show ever

twofortyrida1388
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
GunGrave and Cowboy Bebop just makes you want so much more. I had them on dvr and watched em over and over. GunGrave was the shit son. I spent a whole week watching it from the time I got home till it was time for nighty night. I havent seen golden boy since I was 13.

B18C5MK1
10-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Initial D

:p

2f2fLOL
10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
^ So did you loved the ending of Yakitate Japan? I know I did... not.
Hajime no Ippo was awesome, we need more boxing Anime.

Ooops... add Capeta to the list.

Yeah, the ending sucked big time. It seems liked they rushed everything at the end.

Forgot about Capeta cause the subbers are taking so long with the episodes. It's all good though. They're the only ones subbing the show.

axiomatik
10-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm not too big into anime, but there were a few series that I enjoyed on adult swim:

Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin III
FLCL

Never really got into any others, plus I don't really have the time anymore. Any series (except for transformers when I was a kid) involving giant robots fighting has always bored me. Also, shows where the characters just kind of wander around forever and run into a monster or two each episode are just boring too. I've watched Akira, and it's a decent movie. Nothing super special in my eyes.

Hailtothesilvia
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion > all

although Doraemon is an awesome classic

ManoNegra
10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Claymore
Darker Than Black
Riding Bean
Ah! My Goddess
You're Under Arrest
Hikaru No Go
Fushigi Yugi
Mushishi
Angel Heart
Last Exile
And so on and so on...

twofortyrida1388
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Where do you watch all these? All I have is blockbuster, g4, and adult swim.

StaticX27
10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.baka-updates.com/releases.php
^
All your anime needs taken care of at one stop.

I download an average of 3gb per week... Its kinda hard to mention favorites :p

twofortyrida1388
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
^^^Damn!!^^^

nassin31spr
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Cowboy Bebop

Those are my top favorite.

B18C5MK1
10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
my top 3:

prince of tennis
http://tokidoki.animeblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/the-prince-of-tennis.jpg

initial d
http://www.firingsquad.com/games/initial_d_import_review/images/initiald.jpg

full metal alchemist
http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/f/f7/Full_Metal_Alchemist.jpg

Firestorm
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
initial D
great teacher onizuka
cowboy bebop

those are my favourites, i'm not too much into that whole fantasy thing, cowboy bebop rocks because it's classic (i love the OST).

currently i'm watching wangan midnight in order to shorten the time to initial D stage 5 ;)

ManoNegra
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM

Animesuki.com is a pretty good source too. No licensed titles though.

twofortyrida1388
10-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I'll have to check it out.

2f2fLOL
10-25-2007, 09:48 PM

www.animesuki.com (http://www.animesuki.com) is another good site for anime that have not been licensed. I also get a lot of my anime from boxtorrents. Boxtorrents has a lot of complete anime series. I've downloaded over 120gb from boxtorrents and who knows how much from animesuki.

EDIT:
Animesuki.com is a pretty good source too. No licensed titles though.

Beat me to it. :D