10-22-2007, 06:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66ydlz5ecM

word.

Koopa Troopa
10-22-2007, 06:44 AM
I love you Ben Stein

S13SilviaGirl
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM
WOW, that made me cry a little...yeah yeah...sappy girl I know. BITE ME!

theronin
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
so fucking true. a friend of mine sent me this also that Ben Stein wrote. Quite a good read imo.

If they know of him at all, many folks think Ben Stein is just a quirky actor/comedian who talks in a monotone. He's also a very intelligent attorney who knows how to put ideas and words together in such a way as to sway juries and make people think clearly.

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees.

It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, "Merry Christmas" to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu. If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution, and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship Nick and Jessica and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him?

I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too.

But there are a lot of us who are wondering where Nick and Jessica came from and where the America we knew went to.

In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something lik e this Happen?" (regarding Katrina)

Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response.

She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?" (She said the same thing when interviewed after 9-11)

In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.

Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.

My Best Regards. honestly and respectfully,

Ben Stein

azndoc
10-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you Ben Stein.

Now if the rest of America was on board like he is then we'd be better off as a country.

RJF
10-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Thank you...Ben Stein

Sadly most people know more about what is happening on American Idol, instead of what these Heros are doing for us everyday.

Farzam
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Or else yer supporting terrorists.

fromxtor
10-22-2007, 02:31 PM
^^ I agree w/ Ben, he's very wise. I would vote for him as President.

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Can somebody please explain to me what the troops are doing for the average american? Not flaming you, but what "american" thing are they fighting for?

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Can somebody please explain to me what the troops are doing for the average american? Not flaming you, but what "american" thing are they fighting for?

I believe a core value that they fight for is for you to be able to ask dumb questions. also remember its not always what they are fighting for, but who they are fighting for, family,friends, and self. and they do it without asking questions, when alot of people freak out about bad hair day or some other bull.

"What are they doing?"

upholding rights that are above you

keeping terrorism of our shores

allowing a lot of people to sleep at night

tell me something what have you done for the average American?

do you have anything to show?

as Ben said if what Britney feeds her child takes precidence over the troops of America the we as a country are in trouble.

people should start questioning the selfish not the selfless.

come home safe troops we miss you guys.

HalveBlue
10-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Honestly, I could sit here and talk hyperboles about making sure you keep your freedoms and rights, etc. But I won't.

While we could argue about the validity of the ongoing military operations throughout the world, I won't.

The fact is, this country's military it a tool wielded by the American democracy. Nothing more, nothing less.

What matters is that a select few individuals are willing to put their lives on the line for whatever this country deems necessary.

Whether you believe what the military does has merit is besides the point.

The military doesn't make policy, it just follows it.

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I believe a core value that they fight for is for you to be able to ask dumb questions. also remember its not always what they are fighting for, but who they are fighting for, family,friends, and self. and they do it without asking questions, when alot of people freak out about bad hair day or some other bull.

"What are they doing?"

upholding rights that are above you

keeping terrorism of our shores

allowing a lot of people to sleep at night

tell me something what have you done for the average American?

do you have anything to show?

as Ben said if what Britney feeds her child takes precidence over the troops of America the we as a country are in trouble.

people should start questioning the selfish not the selfless.

come home safe troops we miss you guys.

Sorry, but not one of the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 was from iraq or afghanistan. Exactly what rights are they upholding? Can you explain instead of using sarcasm to make you're high school graduate self look smarter than you really are?

Are people from iraq or afghanistan threatening my freedom? No. Are they threatening my safety, nope. So why are we there again?

BTW saving you the googling, the terrorist were from saudi arabia.

Farzam
10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Sorry, but not one of the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 was from iraq or afghanistan. Exactly what rights are they upholding? Can you explain instead of using sarcasm to make you're high school graduate self look smarter than you really are?

Are people from iraq or afghanistan threatening my freedom? No. Are they threatening my safety, nope. So why are we there again?

So someone's nationality determines how threatening they are?

That's pretty racist.

If that's the case, there can't be a Nazi American. Nazis were German. There can't be Indian cocaine dealers, cocaine is stereotypically produced in Columbia. I can't work at a Nissan dealership, they're Japanese.

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 06:51 PM

no need for google

I never said once I supported the reasons for our war....sorry not our war the oil companies war.(they have a lot of pull in the world these days.:-/) but I do fully support troops. I also never said where terrorists came from. but do not forget that at the start of all this it was very much a homeland security matter. and in my eyes still is.

and about the google, and high school education thing. spare us your annotations, they are useless especially in an online society where a majority of the time you will never meet one another. so your observations of me are bollox.

judging by what you said on the uav thread and your rep (not that I like to use that as a hit point) but you have no clue what you are talking about

So someone's nationality determines how threatening they are?

That's pretty racist.

If that's the case, there can't be a Nazi American. Nazis were German. There can't be Indian cocaine dealers, cocaine is stereotypically produced in Columbia. I can't work at a Nissan dealership, they're Japanese.
you sir are correct

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
no need for google

I never said once I supported the reasons for our war....sorry not our war the oil companies war.(they have a lot of pull in the world these days.:-/) but I do fully support troops. I also never said where terrorists came from. but do not forget that at the start of all this it was very much a homeland security matter. and in my eyes still is.

and about the google, and high school education thing. spare us your annotations, they are useless especially in an online society where a majority of the time you will never meet one another. so your observations of me are bollox.

judging by what you said on the uav thread and your rep (not that I like to use that as a hit point) but you have no clue what you are talking about

you sir are correct No clue what im talking about yet you can't prove me wrong, lol k. To be honest I dont know why im arguing with somebody that has a camo gun in their sig...you probably think im a "commie lib" :keke: .

In what way do you support the troops? Just wondering because I hear a lot of people say that yet supporting the troops to them is agreeing what fox news tells them and buying american products.

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
No clue what im talking about yet you can't prove me wrong, lol k. To be honest I dont know why im arguing with somebody that has a camo gun in their sig...you probably think im a "commie lib" :keke: .

In what way do you support the troops? Just wondering because I hear a lot of people say that yet supporting the troops to them is agreeing what fox news tells them and buying american products.

how do i support the troops
I leave for MCRDPI in about a month.I will be a troop.:fawkd:,and that camo gun is an m16 wrapped in camo tape. not its not a real one guys thats at my uncles. that is for airsoft matches
:bigok:
MCRDPI= Marine corps. recruit depot paris island

you wanna try to break me down even more by my avatar too?

tool

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
how do i support the troops
I leave for MCRDPI in about a month:fawkd:,and that camo gun is an m16 wrapped in camo tape. not its not a real one guys thats at my uncles. that is for airsoft matches
:bigok:
MCRDPI= Marine corps. recruit depot paris island

you wanna try to break me down even more by my avatar too?

tool

Great, you must be real proud. Have fun with that.

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
yes in fact I'm very proud of it. I will enjoy it. have fun in Florida

Farzam
10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Diabolical, do you really want to get pinked again?

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
yes in fact I'm very proud of it. I will enjoy it. have fun in Florida

Well good, do what you enjoy in life...just don't ruin any innocents lives when you get deployed. Im not saying you would, your probably a good person. But just remember, they didnt choose to be born in Iraq and are most likely not islamic radicals.

Diabolical, do you really want to get pinked again?

No, not at all.

ThatGuy
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
And why the FUCK shouldn't he proud Diabolical?

I said it once already, this is the last time i will. Step away from the computer, and stop posting for a while. You're beginning to upset me.

-ThatGuy

US Marine since 1998
I readily volunteer my life so that little pricks like you can complain about it on the internet.
You whine about "innocents" yet I HIGHLY doubt you have dealt with an Urban Combat situation.
This ain't fucking Halo. The "badguys" don't wear black anymore.

STOP SPEAKING ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 07:22 PM
:bowdown:aye sir I was wondering when you were gunna chime in

I said it once already, this is the last time i will. Step away from the computer, and stop posting for a while. You're beginning to upset me.

-ThatGuy

US Marine since 1998
I readily volunteer my life so that little pricks like you can complain about it on the internet.
You whine about "innocents" yet I HIGHLY doubt you have dealt with an Urban Combat situation.

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM

-ThatGuy

US Marine since 1998

OMG *bows down*

Not rly, but before I get myself banned I better shut up and leave the thread.

ThatGuy
10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not asking you to bow down to anything. I mentioned my service to let you know where I was coming from. That is all.

It is a good idea for you to Shut the Fuck Up now though.

You just came off a Pinking. Your next infraction will see you Banned.

xcusememisswyn
10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Why do I respect the soldiers?

Because they willingly serve and protect even the pussies (like you) who hide over here with your tails b/n your legs and feel brave by talking shit behind a computer screen. The only reason youre even allowed to do that is b/c of the soldiers you are talking down on.

You dont need to respect the war and its goals, but the soldiers who fight are doing so because, whether you realize it or not, it protects the freedoms of even ignorant people like you.

ThatGuy
10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
"If you can read this, thank a teacher."

"If you can read this in English, thank the US Military."

xcusememisswyn
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow, I was seven posts late there, took me too long to type that haha

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 07:40 PM

Barry....you make me happy dude I hope you know that

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM

You do know that there is no official language for the USA right? Just saying. Also the saying should go thank a WW2 vet, not thank a soldier.

ThatGuy
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
You do know I told you to shut the fuck up, right? Did I say a Soldier, you dumb Fuck? No, I said the fucking US Military. Just goes to show how ignorant you really are.

You just can't resist stirring the shit, can you?

Last warning, just saying.

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Sheesh, fine ill leave.

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
You do know that there is no official language for the USA right? Just saying. Also the saying should go thank a WW2 vet, not thank a soldier.

not to get off topic but no a days I can kinda see that. it seems to be like aa report card for U.S schools to step up esl classes to esl REQUIREMENTS.
also some more care should be taken in to the immigration laws/standards I.E refusing people we cant use. japan does it why can't we?

xcusememisswyn
10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
not to get off topic but no a days I can kinda see that. it seems to be like aa report card for U.S schools to step up esl classes to esl REQUIREMENTS.
also some more care should be taken in to the immigration laws/standards I.E refusing people we cant use. japan does it why can't we?

Japan's government and economy works to improve itself, and no one else, the US works to improve world quality, even if it costs our nation and economy more than it should.

Id have to dig out some notebooks for a better explanation, but there are some countries who work for their own economic good (Japan), and some that work for the world's economic good. Both ideas have their advantages and disadvantages, its just a fact of life that some are ego-centric while other are not.

MavericStephenc
10-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Japan's government and economy works to improve itself, and no one else, the US works to improve world quality, even if it costs our nation and economy more than it should.

Id have to dig out some notebooks for a better explanation, but there are some countries who work for their own economic good (Japan), and some that work for the world's economic good. Both ideas have their advantages and disadvantages, its just a fact of life that some are ego-centric while other are not.

thank you for the description, it would be much appreciated if you could at some point go into more detail because I'm very interested in economy and government.

xcusememisswyn
10-22-2007, 08:32 PM
This is my short term answer, if your more interested you can PM me or something lol I dont remember the technical names off the top of my head, but you should get the basic idea from this:

Some countries work towards the good of the world economy and globalization, while others worry only about themselves and have a more egoistic economy.

The U.S. works towards globalization in the hope that business and technology will flourish best if it is allowed to exist and grow anywhere in the world. This shows with the great amount of imports that we have from India to China, and the fact that a lot of "American" companies have actually moved out and gone international, because it is better for them both in America and worldwide. America has tariffs, but not a lot, only enough to prevent all American industry from going under.

Japan on the other hand only cares about its own economy. American cars have huge tariffs, and they have all kinds of laws that make the Japanese consumer buy new cars every few years rather than drive a used car as we can here in America. Older cars generally face tough inspections, and cost more to drive there, which Japan does so that its citizens buy new Japanese cars and keep that portion of their economy running well.

This is just an example within the automobile industry, but it exists across all industries, imports are easily accepted in the U.S. because it helps support the overall global economy, while the Japanese economy does most everything in house, and puts high tariffs on a lot of its imports so that the things made within the state are a lot more appealing.

Baka Sama
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
You do know I told you to shut the fuck up, right? Did I say a Soldier, you dumb Fuck? No, I said the fucking US Military. Just goes to show how ignorant you really are.

You just can't resist stirring the shit, can you?

Last warning, just saying.

Hahahahahaha.. Wow, its been years since that side of That Guy has come out. Maybe Zilvia isnt hopeless.:rofl:

S14-vietusmc
10-23-2007, 01:28 AM

wtf, whats wrong with this dude... im just trying to bring some patriotism too zilvia but someones gotta try to kill it... damn i love being in the military...

Koopa Troopa
10-23-2007, 02:01 AM
To that asshole who thinks there's no purpose in Iraq...

Have you ever gave a starving kid water and food? Didn't think so.

Eathquake happened in Srilanka, where was the US Marine Corps a week later?
Tsunami in Thailand and Malaysia, where was the US Marine Corps a week later?
Mud slide in the Philippines, the Marines were there a day later.

Matej
10-23-2007, 03:10 AM
I love America, I highly respect the troops, but I hate how militant the government is.

The U.S. works towards globalization in the hope that business and technology will flourish best if it is allowed to exist and grow anywhere in the world. This shows with the great amount of imports that we have from India to China, and the fact that a lot of "American" companies have actually moved out and gone international, because it is better for them both in America and worldwide. America has tariffs, but not a lot, only enough to prevent all American industry from going under.
Companies can care less about globalization or any of what you said. Things are imported from India and China because it's cheaper than producing them here, same goes for moving businesses overseas. Sure it may create a few hundred jobs somewhere, but looking at the big picture it does virtually nothing for the foreign country's economy, they don't have the power to take advantage of it. Corporations are just taking advantage of the fact that many third world countries have few if any labor laws and unions, thus saving the corporations millions of dollars in labor and production costs. So in the end, it's again mainly only the first world countries benefiting from this, and so you don't think I'm dissing the U.S., I'm talking about North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia. By the way, the U.S. is predicted to give up its throne as the world's economic superpower in the next few years, as the European Union is quickly rising to the top. This can be best described by the old saying "money makes the world go 'round." Sad but true.

These are my thoughts, I don't have anything against anyone on here personally, I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs so please don't neg rep me all of a sudden, I don't like how threads like this always divide up our little tight-knit car community.

codyace
10-23-2007, 09:46 AM

For sure. They don't care if it's warm/frozen or used. I'll never forget watching kids even fight over the frozen bottles we'd throw to them.

That is a fantastic explanation for it. People tend to think it's so easy to tell freind from foe...when they really have no clue. Heck, I never really trusted the 'friends' we even had over there...

xcusememisswyn
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Companies can care less about globalization or any of what you said. Things are imported from India and China because it's cheaper than producing them here, same goes for moving businesses overseas. Sure it may create a few hundred jobs somewhere, but looking at the big picture it does virtually nothing for the foreign country's economy, they don't have the power to take advantage of it. Corporations are just taking advantage of the fact that many third world countries have few if any labor laws and unions, thus saving the corporations millions of dollars in labor and production costs. So in the end, it's again mainly only the first world countries benefiting from this, and so you don't think I'm dissing the U.S., I'm talking about North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia. By the way, the U.S. is predicted to give up its throne as the world's economic superpower in the next few years, as the European Union is quickly rising to the top. This can be best described by the old saying "money makes the world go 'round." Sad but true.

These are my thoughts, I don't have anything against anyone on here personally, I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs so please don't neg rep me all of a sudden, I don't like how threads like this always divide up our little tight-knit car community.

Not companies, governments. Japan sets up laws and works to keep its personal economy running, no matter how it affects other states. They setup laws and tariffs to keep production, jobs, and money within the Japanese economy. Japan doesnt care how our automobile companies do, so they tariff the hell out of our cars, while the U.S. only puts enough tariffs on Japanese cars that the American market can still compete. Driving an American car in Japan=Baller, driving a Japanese car in America= boring.

The U.S. on the other hand does not create these laws because they work to improve the global economy rather than the national economy. The U.S. could easily set up laws to keep jobs and money stateside, but they dont. I'm not saying the U.S. does this to improve third world countries, but they do it to improve the global economy, which is dominated by the countries you listed, so its in hope that for the most part it will benefit all those countries.

Basically the U.S. works towards globalization, while Japan would be content to keep to themselves, and only make international business when it benefits themselves.

Random Shit:
In 2004 we exported 75195 million dollars more to Japan than we imported from them.
In 2006 we imported about 82% more than we exported, while Japan exported 12% more than it imported (mostly oil and resources).

PBucch
10-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon.
Ron Paul

Diabolical
10-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon.
Ron Paul

Well said, but put you're flame suit on.

R5SpdAttitude
10-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I am a soldier and I just returned from my 2nd deployment and that is the best thing that I have EVER EVER seen or even heard on TV. Atleast someone out there gives a crap about us. Its not easy doing our job and that guy certainly deserves a high five if nothing else! I have never heard anything put into words so well. THANKS BEN STIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Ron Paul

Ahhh yes, that is the reason. There are people that are sending things to the troops on a daily basis. Essentials that you take for granted... A hot meal, a bath, TV, and a nice comfy bed to sleep in. Get over yourself. Put down your keyboard and pick up an M16. Go to Iraq and see what they are dealing with over there. The whole reason for the "support our troops" is to prevent what happened to them in Vietnam, from happening now.

Regardless of how YOU and others feel about policies ect...those serving don't have the luxury of saying "no I wont go because I dont agree with you". So, they are over there, doing what they are told to do. Forget the whole crap of "we are over there to protect you". Imagine you were there, and you heard about the ungrateful fucks saying that what was designed to help moral, by typically civilian families doing it on their own accord, as being a "cover up" or a way to "distract from failed policies"...how would that make YOU feel while you are in the damn desert being shot at? How would it make YOU feel to hear that and know that you are seeing your best friend die when an IED went off?

For once, can't fucking Americans stop thinking about their own feelings on the matter and actually give a DAMN about the men and women over there? Regardless of what one individual may think...while sitting in front of their computer screen, about our government and how we ended up over there again...it is about making sure that the men and women feel that they are supported, right or wrong they were sent there...and not on their own accord. Yes, they signed up to go...and why? So you don't have to. Why? So their kids don't have to.

Jung918
10-24-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.cutterod.com/soldier/index.htm

something to think about when you got something to bitch about

Kn1ves
10-24-2007, 01:40 AM
WOW, that made me cry a little...yeah yeah...sappy girl I know. BITE ME!

Red eyes? Get Clear Eyes...

PBucch
10-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Ahhh yes, that is the reason. There are people that are sending things to the troops on a daily basis. Essentials that you take for granted... A hot meal, a bath, TV, and a nice comfy bed to sleep in. Get over yourself. Put down your keyboard and pick up an M16. Go to Iraq and see what they are dealing with over there. The whole reason for the "support our troops" is to prevent what happened to them in Vietnam, from happening now.

Regardless of how YOU and others feel about policies ect...those serving don't have the luxury of saying "no I wont go because I dont agree with you". So, they are over there, doing what they are told to do. Forget the whole crap of "we are over there to protect you". Imagine you were there, and you heard about the ungrateful fucks saying that what was designed to help moral, by typically civilian families doing it on their own accord, as being a "cover up" or a way to "distract from failed policies"...how would that make YOU feel while you are in the damn desert being shot at? How would it make YOU feel to hear that and know that you are seeing your best friend die when an IED went off?

For once, can't fucking Americans stop thinking about their own feelings on the matter and actually give a DAMN about the men and women over there? Regardless of what one individual may think...while sitting in front of their computer screen, about our government and how we ended up over there again...it is about making sure that the men and women feel that they are supported, right or wrong they were sent there...and not on their own accord. Yes, they signed up to go...and why? So you don't have to. Why? So their kids don't have to.

Hope you had fun typing that up.

If you think for one GOD DAMNED MINUTE that every american in this country does not support the kids taht are over htere fighting youre dumber than you act on these boards.

I mean seriously, there may be people out there who lack compassion and dont give a damn, I for sure am not one of them. Your longwinded response does nothing but give validity to the quote I posted. drum up violent and tragic imagery of combat to invoke guilt in me for thinking about this shit with a level head and rationale rather than jingoism. Fuck you.

We all know youre from a military family, but please shut the fuuuuuuuck up, heres another Ron Paul gem for your ass.

Disclaimer: I came across these quotes researching candidates and bear no affiliation or allegiance with mr Ron Paul.

I have never met anyone who did not support our troops. Sometimes, however, we hear accusations that someone or some group does not support the men and women serving in our Armed Forces. But this is pure demagoguery, and it is intellectually dishonest.
Ron Paul

:aw:

xcusememisswyn
10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Her point is that the troops arent there by choice, if you have problem with the causes of the war then bring it up with the people who put us there, but dont give shit to the people who are there not by choice, but by force.

There are a lot of people who dont support the troops, its not about the bumper stickers or the flag pins, there are people out there who just flat out have something against military servicemen. They see military uniforms and immediately get ready to raise hell and go into some rant about the war and how that person shouldnt be doing what he/she is doing. I live by a military base, I see this a lot. To say that everyone supports the troops is bullshit.

If you can look at the war with a level head and rationale you would realize its not the troops choice to be there, and that they are just doing their job. Take it up with the president, the oil companies, the government, whoever you want, but dont for a second think that the troops dont deserve support or that their accomplishments and struggles shouldnt be appreciated. They didnt choose to be put through this shit, but they do it because in some weird hidden way they hope it continues to protect the people like you who sit at home behind their computer screen and try to discredit their work.

PBucch
10-24-2007, 09:22 AM
No shit theyre just doing theyre job, it is what they signed up for. I considered the military in 03 outta high school, but for me the negatives outweighted the positives in regards to signing up in a time of war.

I never said nor implied that they do not deserve support. I posted an interesting comment, she took it personally.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 10:15 AM
PERSONALLY

I think we should build human like robots to fight in Iraq

only in Iraq

its a war without honor

where troops are basically martial policeman protecting our oil reserves getting blown up by homosexual hypocritic Muslims who are entralled in 1500 yr old debate over who is "more" muslim.

I think Robots would be worth the money.

All we need to do is get rid of Social Security and Welfare, cut the taxes on some of the upper middle class then build robots.

Boeing already has been working on it and its a sucess, its just expensive.

But i think robots are cool.

+ Iran cannot even come close to being on top of a Robot Army.

Robot fucking army for the win.

This way we could have Human Army in MORE support rolls and would lessen the strain on Stop-Loss and Repeat visits to that god forsaken hell hole.

Oil is importants, Robots should help.

xcusememisswyn
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
No shit theyre just doing theyre job, it is what they signed up for. I considered the military in 03 outta high school, but for me the negatives outweighted the positives in regards to signing up in a time of war.

I never said nor implied that they do not deserve support. I posted an interesting comment, she took it personally.

Posting the comment implies support for it.

+ Iran cannot even come close to being on top of a Robot Army.

Robot fucking army for the win.

classic. haha

B18C5MK1
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
To that asshole who thinks there's no purpose in Iraq...

yes i have actually. and i didnt need to carry a m16 while i was handing out water and food to starving kids... none the less, we too were in a war zone. and it was very disturbing. we went to sudan to help free slaves. not many people realize that slavery still exists today. the only thing we were "armed" with was our Bibles and the Word of Jesus Christ... all the while you guys are in iraq fighting what was once the 'war on terror' and has now become the event to give iraq "democracy".. but really we all know its blood for oil..

Eathquake happened in Srilanka, where was the US Marine Corps a week later?
Tsunami in Thailand and Malaysia, where was the US Marine Corps a week later?
Mud slide in the Philippines, the Marines were there a day later.

where was the military during the Rwanda genocides? oh thats right, rwanda doesnt have anything of value to trade for us to protect them unlike kuwait did when we first went to war with iraq. forget about freeing slaves and helping people survive... what's gonna make our pockets bigger?

what about the sudan civil war that lasted 15+ years? what about the current wars currently going on there now? we can't stop mother nature from happening, but can we save a few million kids from another genocide? saddam was hung for the genocides he did in the 80s, but theres still wars going on now in africa.

he who controls the oil controls the world. oil/petrol isnt just used for cars. its used in many things, so even if we convert to hybrid, electric, etc kinds of cars, it wouldnt matter, because we still need petrol. it's used in heating homes, used to manufacture products like synthetic fiber, synthetic rubber, perfumes, fertilizers, explosives, dyes, etc... it also has many other uses as well.

wow im getting off topic. i'll stop. sorry for the rant.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
OIL

and...

if you dont want to be living in thatch huts and pooping where you cook your food in 20 years.

support the troop surge

and the motha fuckin robot army

OIL rocks and we need it.

we need oil to fuel developments in energy that are not actually related to OIL

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 10:21 AM
So why was PBucch banned? You realize that everything everyone says in here is pretty ignorant and conjecture right? NONE OF YOU ARE IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW. Unless you ARE there or have VERY close family members there, no one really know's HOW bad / good / whatever, it really is.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 10:23 AM
So why was PBucch banned?

because he dissented against the MACHINE

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
There are members on this board that are in Iraq at this very moment. They have even been posting pics on here from the sand box. I do understand that there is a lot of ignorance in the world, and he has to understand that making personal attacks on ANY member of this forum are not allowed...hence his banning. He could have said that same shit to you, or anyone else and would have been banned equally.

SiI40sx
because he dissented against the MACHINE

LOL..... let me add to the humor of this monarchy / parliamentry type run forum and "posi" rep you!

ThatGuy
Unless you ARE there or have VERY close family members there, no one really know's HOW bad / good / whatever, it really is.

There are a few of us in this thread that match that description perfectly.

SiI40sx
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
There are a few of us in this thread that match that description perfectly.

Yeah and honestly THOSE few should be the only ones speaking / stating FACTS in this thread. Everyone else shouldnt ignorantly comment on anything.

Oh and by the way I take it back, this place isnt a monarchy or parliamentry but completely totalitarian......

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
duh ^ its a private forum.

I play cup chicks on a big screen while I pass out cups of melted chocolate icecream with caramel on top at most parties I have at my house.

because its my house.

I can blast cup chicks over and over in a loop on the screen

while forcing my guests to eat icecream.

but they are more than willing to leave.

thats why I support lisa in flaming me for posting pictures of things that are not expressly and engine or car, such as a female body (because of the fact the female body is in its inherit nature impure) haha.

but seriously who cares IM not banned yet so im not pissed

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah and honestly THOSE few should be the only ones speaking / stating FACTS in this thread. Everyone else shouldnt ignorantly comment on anything.

Oh and by the way I take it back, this place isnt a monarchy or parliamentry but completely totalitarian......

Cesar,

You are confusing the hell out of me! Stop it! ;)

duh ^ its a private forum.

I play cup chicks on a big screen while I pass out cups of melted chocolate icecream with caramel on top at most parties I have at my house.

because its my house.

I can blast cup chicks over and over in a loop on the screen

while forcing my guests to eat icecream.

but they are more than willing to leave.

thats why I support lisa in flaming me for posting pictures of things that are not expressly and engine or car, such as a female body (because of the fact the female body is in its inherit nature impure) haha.

but seriously who cares IM not banned yet so im not pissed

Steve~

I never flame you....I just delete you impureness....lmao.

xcusememisswyn
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
I come from a military family, I live next to a military base. More of my friends are in the military then out. I work with military, I lift with military, I hang out with military, I play golf with military, I have family dinners with former colonels at least twice a month, I drink with enlisted buddies at least once a week. I think I'm in the clear.

But ya, its a private forum, to go all out at a mod like that is just stupid.

drifting_changed_mylife
10-24-2007, 10:43 AM

-ThatGuy

US Marine since 1998

no one said its like halo dude! breath!!! all hes saying is that people who join the armed forces end up ruining ppls lives over seas. the oppresion of another contry by the united states is something i will never support. + ppl who join the armed forces do it with some blind patriotism. and come back to empty promises

ThatGuy
10-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow, war ruins people's lives?

Thank you for that insight. What would we do without you.

drifting_changed_mylife
10-24-2007, 10:53 AM
thats all you have to say?? get a fuckin life dude.

they say shoot you dont think twice, just pull the trigger. they pat ur back saying "good job" and its all worth it, right? ur a fuckin tool man. you dont think 4 your self.

S13SilviaGirl
10-24-2007, 11:06 AM
OK, too damn political up in here. OP thanks for a great video!