PDA

View Full Version : Wow, last night I saw the most retarded thing...

daryl337
10-19-2007, 10:52 AM
So last night around 11:30pm... I am putting along (about 85 mph is putting for me) in my daily driver Southbound on the 805 towards chula-juana...

When all of a sudden about 5 pairs of headlights... coming up fast... cannon ball run style.

The first one: a VW Golf... probably going about 115
The Second One: A civic... probably doing about 100
The Third One: a 240! Probably hitting his top speed gov... (lol)
The 4th one: a Damn R34!!!! at this point I start speeding up to make sure it is a skyline and not some civic with a tailight conversion.. and it was indeed a true RHD R34...

... after I let back up.. the straggler goes by me probably about 95... a early 90's Cressida.

My question is.. If you owned an R34 GTR... why would you waste your time and risk your car of being impounded... over a GOLF, a stock-ish 240, a civic, and a friggin cressida?

I started to get all bent out of shape... and my gf asked me why it bothered me so much (she has no idea what that car is...)

There are people in this world.. like myself.. who will never own a skyline.
I have come to admit it. But I hate to see the people that DO own them use them in such a stupid manner.... Total shame if you ask me.

... that bastard better have won.

jackjack
10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
all kind of people out there. who knows what they're thinking :loco:

20 til 3
10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
who cars... street racings gay anyways

and who knows.. maybe the 240, civic and VW were built... i love it when people always say... why waste time on a civic or something... when its quite easy to make them fast as shit

out of all those cars... the cressida was the coolest

Farzam
10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Haha

He has a R34

He's probably cooler than you

He can do whatever he wants

vanish1
10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
it was probably Paul Walker

azndoc
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
The other day I was at this one shop's garage sale. Was just standing there and got to talking to this one guy. Conversation basically started because he had a Greddy oil filter and I wanted to know where he got it from. He said he needed it for his RB26.

Me: So you have a RB26 into your 240sx?
Guy: Oh no I have a R34 and R32.
Me: Oh yeah cool. I had two R32's when I was in Japan.
Guy: Oh you were in Japan. Which part.
Me: Okinawa
Guy: Oh me too. I was on Camp Foster.
Me: Cool. Yeah I remember while I was there I met this one Marine Corp Captain that had a blue R34 GTR. He was a pretty nice guy.
Guy: Yeah that was me.
Me: Oh shit it is you. Damn no wonder you looked so familiar.

So basically I met this guy like almost 4 years ago and last I heard he was selling it. But he ended up bringing it back here.

Small world.

Sorry thought I'd share.

qwikspool
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
:loco: some people dont think.

daryl337
10-19-2007, 11:29 AM

and who knows.. maybe the 240, civic and VW were built... i love it when people always say... why waste time on a civic or something... when its quite easy to make them fast as shit

For being built.. I would think they would be going a little more than 90-110 mph....

Haha.. But yeah.. the cressida was what threw me over the top.

jackjack
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
it was probably Paul Walker

yo spilner..... :naughty:

PhilVia
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
dude is this the one?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/PhilDaMatrix73/Image034.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/PhilDaMatrix73/Image033.jpg

daryl337
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
It was night time, so it was hard to tell... but that looks like it could be the beast. It was definately the pretty blue. *_*

daryl337
10-19-2007, 11:42 AM
dude is this the one?

So you saw it too?

I wanna murder the man and steal his car. :D

steve shadows
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
My question is.. If you owned an R34 GTR... why would you waste your time and risk your car of being impounded... over a GOLF, a stock-ish 240, a civic, and a friggin cressida?

sometimes...you just gotta man up and rape sombody.

I almost got raped last night BY POLICE because I just got fed up with this 300zxtt, I was on the Drag radials

I went by him so fast I thought my face was getting ripped off.

k's_silvia2.0
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
You guys just wait ixfxi isnt up yet to tell you that the skyline isnt so great.LMAO!!!!

daryl337
10-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh, I know there are times you want to play a little bit... but these cars were relatively stockish. I could tell by the rate they were accellerating (or lack thereof).... I mean... to put it this way.. my daily driver car is a stock 97 ES 300 with 175K miles on it... and I caught up to the skyline to make sure it was a skyline. I didn't really have a problem doing it....

So there wasn't alot of raping ensuing.... if there was... I didnt see it since my exit came up about 3 miles later...

You guys just wait ixfxi isnt up yet to tell you that the skyline isnt so great.LMAO!!!!

Well I know these things are over appreciated... and I am one of them.. but there IS a reason that in its debut year it wiped the floor in the racing world with nsx's and so forth...

Its a great machine to begin with.. and I would gladly take one over a 240.. if I didnt have to pay for it. ;)

SiI40sx
10-19-2007, 12:05 PM

You know i hate how EVERYTHING and their mom is considering street racing. Im actually getting tired of hearing that stupid ass word. Its like the answer to ANY type of driving to do with a car.

Changing lanes too quickly..... "oh he's street racing!!"
Speeding up a little to get in front of a slow car........"oh he's street racing!!"
Doing a 3rd to 4th pull with another car on a empty freeway for a few seconds........"oh he's street racing!!"
Driving really fast to go home and take a shit........"oh he's street racing!!"

People use the word "street racing" for the stupidest scenario's and its getting really annoying.

THE ONLY DEFINITION there should be for street racing "Two MODIFIED cars, and one person flagging, in a isolated (most of the time industrial) area competing in a STREET RACE from start to finish (usually 1/4 mile)"

anything else like retarded stock ass cars flying down a busy ass intersection or blvd with shit loads of traffic and pedestrians SHOULD NOT BE CALLED STREET RACING. Fuck......... /rant

daryl337
10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
True.. it should be called a 'speed contest'.. which until fast and the furious came out... it was.

PhilVia
10-19-2007, 12:12 PM
yup took that snapshot i thought it was tony hawk alot of people was taking pics cuz he started going around my 240 then he tail me going to chula vista....feels good felt like we were rolling to go to a car show .....shit
my 240 wide ass looks better.

tiresmokes13
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
So last night around 11:30pm... I am putting along (about 85 mph is putting for me) in my daily driver Southbound on the 805 towards chula-juana...

When all of a sudden about 5 pairs of headlights... coming up fast... cannon ball run style.

The first one: a VW Golf... probably going about 115
The Second One: A civic... probably doing about 100
The Third One: a 240! Probably hitting his top speed gov... (lol)
The 4th one: a Damn R34!!!! at this point I start speeding up to make sure it is a skyline and not some civic with a tailight conversion.. and it was indeed a true RHD R34...

... after I let back up.. the straggler goes by me probably about 95... a early 90's Cressida.

I started to get all bent out of shape... and my gf asked me why it bothered me so much (she has no idea what that car is...)

I have come to admit it. But I hate to see the people that DO own them use them in such a stupid manner.... Total shame if you ask me.

... that bastard better have won.

Easy its called being able to afford it.
I see what your trying to say i agree.
But, hey if he has the cash to back up his actions let him be.
Not the smartest thing to be doing but eh.
I love it when i see cars fly by me when i am doing 80 in a 80s nissan truck lol.
Makes my long drive home a bit more interesting.

20 til 3
10-19-2007, 12:28 PM
You know i hate how EVERYTHING and their mom is considering street racing. Im actually getting tired of hearing that stupid ass word. Its like the answer to ANY type of driving to do with a car.

Speeding up a little to get in front of a slow car........"oh he's street racing!!"
Doing a 3rd to 4th pull with another car on a empty freeway for a few seconds........"oh he's street racing!!"
Driving really fast to go to take a shit........"oh he's street racing!!"

People use the word "street racing" for the stupidest scenario's and its getting really annoying.

THE ONLY DEFINITION there should be for street racing "Two MODIFIED cars, and one person flagging, in a isolated (most of the time industrial) area competing in a STREET RACE from start to finish (usually 1/4 mile)"

anything else like retarded stock ass cars flying down a busy ass intersection or blvd with shit loads of traffic and pedestrians SHOULD NOT BE CALLED STREET RACING. Fuck......... /rant

when there are 4 cars doing 100+...i'm pretty sure they were... or are racing

and its on the streets

so you call it STREET RACING YAAAAAY... STFU ...what else would you call 4 cars doing 100+ on the street?... um, tying to get to your sexy party or what

i think street racing is people lining up on the street and racing... thats all it really is

SiI40sx
10-19-2007, 12:55 PM

and its on the streets

so you call it STREET RACING YAAAAAY... STFU ...what else would you call 4 cars doing 100+ on the street?... um, tying to get to your sexy party or what

i think street racing is people lining up on the street and racing... thats all it really is

No its called reckless driving / speeding, and whats your problem? I didnt make that statement to attack you or anything, stop being such a little girl.

SDS13COUPE
10-19-2007, 01:06 PM
I've seen that blue R34 before. He lives in the Eastlake area. I assume cuz that's where it always pops up outta no where.

Matej
10-19-2007, 01:56 PM
R34's are stupid, 240's and Cressida's are cooler.

DUFFM4N
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
skyline = typical fanboy car

swiftdrift
10-19-2007, 02:40 PM
240+rb26= jizz in my pants

im a fan of that!

daryl337
10-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I love it when i see cars fly by me when i am doing 80 in a 80s nissan truck lol.

True... mostly I am just jealous....

but still.. I personally think he should be going after bigger game... if you are going to risk getting the car impounded.. do it big. :D

PhilVia
10-19-2007, 02:44 PM
R34's are stupid, 240's and Cressida's are cooler.

lol ...... fuck yea

R34 are man lovers.....

joke im just fucken jealous

Mr.S14
10-19-2007, 02:45 PM

WORD.......................................

!Zar!
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
They weren't just doing ordinary street racing. They were doing the wangan.

What ya'll know about that!?

Anyways, R-chassis' aren't even that uncommon anymore. I see r3/2/3/4's on the street. Nothing big.

daryl337
10-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I see r32's quite often.. but rarely do I see an r34 on the streets in cali.

azndoc
10-19-2007, 03:45 PM
dude is this the one?

ROFL. That's the guy's car that I was talking about.

SimpleS14
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM

How about a 40mph roll or the Wagan? (yes I got that from Tokyo Xtreme Racer haha)

ThatGuy
10-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Drag Racing is not the only form of racing, so why should a flagger have to be involved to classify it as street racing?

Any time you are participating in some form of competition, versus another vehicle or a time limit, on a public street it should be considered Street Racing and carry a high penalty.

However, there needs to be proof that you were actually trying to race and not just speeding.

Just my opinion.

Tops*
10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
The other day I was at this one shop's garage sale. Was just standing there and got to talking to this one guy. Conversation basically started because he had a Greddy oil filter and I wanted to know where he got it from. He said he needed it for his RB26.

Me: Cool. Yeah I remember while I was there I met this one Marine Corp Captain that had a blue R34 GTR. He was a pretty nice guy.

So basically I met this guy like almost 4 years ago and last I heard he was selling it. But he ended up bringing it back here.

Small world.

Sorry thought I'd share.

Good that you didn't shit talk him in any way lol. Would've been an awkward situation.
You: Cool. Yeah, I remember while I was there I met this one Marine Corp Captain that had a blue R34 GTR. He was a dick.
Guy: Yeah, that was me.
You: Oh shit that was you............bye.

jackjack
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
just like ThatGuy said...............starting in 08 that will be the case in IL. so i've heard.

A Spec Products
10-19-2007, 04:54 PM
My pants do not get tight when I see a Skyline in the USA

I don't know why, but it just doesn't excite me more than any other modifiable car

Could be the envy talking?

k's_silvia2.0
10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Ive seen a handfull of R-chassis in my day.I even saw 3 park one day at Venice beach.1 R32, 1 R33, and 1 R34 CRAZY!!!

mRclARK1
10-19-2007, 05:04 PM

Small world.

Sorry thought I'd share.

I love it when shit like that happens.

Skylines=Nothing special IMO. I see at least 3 a day.

B18C5MK1
10-19-2007, 07:32 PM

all about the cressida son.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/782000-782999/782039_87_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/782000-782999/782039_89_full.jpg

VB13
10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
R34 ehhh who cares u can always watch fast furious XD lmao plus R32 are the best XD

TanaMU
10-19-2007, 07:58 PM
There are many cars that are not only better than an r34, but attainable too

k's_silvia2.0
10-19-2007, 08:01 PM
There are many cars that are not only better than an r34, but attainable too

Like what?Are you talikng about in the states or canada?

SimpleS14
10-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I guess its more common to see an R-chassis car over in Cali....cause over here in VA\MD\DC area its a rare sight. So far I've only seen two R33s

druthafoo
10-19-2007, 09:30 PM
ive only seen that white one

usdm180sx
10-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Sam from jspec said it best: "If you wanna pick up guys, buy an r34 gt-r. If you wanna pick up chicks, buy a 911 turbo." :bigok:

jskateborders
10-19-2007, 10:29 PM

and its on the streets

Not really. I was chilling with some peeps, and following them back from tucson, they were all going like 115. I had no Idea where I was going so i had to keep up. They were in non fast cars/suv's. They had a radar detector. No street racing, just stupid fast driving.

ixfxi
10-19-2007, 10:50 PM
my gf asked me why it bothered me so much

Because she's a woman.

(she has no idea what that car is...)

Because she's a woman.

ixfxi
10-19-2007, 11:00 PM

skyline isnt so great. but in this case, it's great enough to out-class any of the bullshit cars mentioned.

maybe the others were modified, which would put them in a different catagory. but thats besides the point...

personally, i see it as some people messing around on the frreway, i dont see it as street racing. i've accepted the term "street racing" as the police have named it: organized drag racing on the streets. this is what the police do not want, and this is what they impound and destroy cars for.

when you race a car on the freeway, its racing.. but its slightly different. you typically end up with a citation, not a car getting destroyed. so therefor, i believe there is a significant difference. organizing cars, lining up, and having someone initiate the races is way more organized and deserves a stiffer penalty.

to the r34 owner, he was probably out for some fun... i mean, just because you own a skyline, doesnt mean you limit yourself to racing exotics. race whatever you wanna race, have some fun.

the only time i think racing on the freeway becomes out of control is when there are lots of cars and people do some stupid shit cutting people off as if they own the highway. thats when its a problem. if its open and no one is out and you just wanna mess around, thats fine in my book.

either way, people still need to be careful what they do. nowadays you get slammed really bad for messing around on public roads. its not as easy as it used to be.

k's_silvia2.0
10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
^ I knew it.

unwed_transient
10-20-2007, 12:00 PM
sadly, owning an r-chassis does not preclude one from being an asshat.

exhibit 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjrKhbN4mBs

but then again, check out wreckedexotics.com. prime examples of what happens when you have more money than sense.

ixfxi
10-20-2007, 12:26 PM
haha the dialogue makes this video 100% AWESOME

Driver> oh fuck shit....
Passenger> oh shit...!
All People> WHOOoooaaaaaa... oh fuck! OH SHIT!!!!!
Back Driver> holy FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was fun.
Passenger> oh dude, hahaha.. your car is FUCKED dude!
Driver> Is it really?
Passenger> dude you just ran over a bush....... BACKWARDS!
Driver> oh no fucking way, we need a truck to get the fuck out of here
Passenger> oh call someone!

(bold text indicate greatest lines of all time)

k's_silvia2.0
10-20-2007, 03:04 PM
skyline = typical fanboy car

Damm then I was a little fanboy in '97 when I started playing Gran Turismo and my R32 and R33 were the best cars I had in my garage.I was 11 then.

Mr.S14
10-20-2007, 03:04 PM
haha the dialogue makes this video 100% AWESOME

Driver> oh fuck shit....
Passenger> oh shit...!
All People> WHOOoooaaaaaa... oh fuck! OH SHIT!!!!!
Back Driver> holy FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was fun.
Passenger> oh dude, hahaha.. your car is FUCKED dude!
Driver> Is it really?
Passenger> dude you just ran over a bush....... BACKWARDS!
Driver> oh no fucking way, we need a truck to get the fuck out of here
Passenger> oh call someone!

(bold text indicate greatest lines of all time)
LOL I would like to add
Driver>this is a better road
Passenger>yeah it is a better road
*guess not bitch*

Matej
10-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Came across this.
http://supravideo.vidiac.com/video/d90d7b0c-f4ab-4efc-9a7a-99b900830931.htm

Kuzumi
10-21-2007, 08:32 AM
all those r chassi hmmmm

saw a s13 in the corner :)

Edgar
10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
:/

20 til 3
10-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Damm then I was a little fanboy in '97 when I started playing Gran Turismo and my R32 and R33 were the best cars I had in my garage.I was 11 then.

hahaha... soo true.. i remember loving the s15 back in the day(GT2 mainly) along with the skylines over any other cars(exp suzuki eskudo*sp)

blueshark123
10-21-2007, 11:00 AM
holy shit there were alot of r34s in that vid

daryl337
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
I do love the "You just ran over a bush... BACKWARDS!!" Haha... its the backwards that messed the car up... if he had been going over the bush SIDEWAYS or HEAD ON.. well then it would have been another story. :D

zerooath
10-21-2007, 02:01 PM
i think its sad that i have seen more skylines in person than supras.

HyperTek
10-21-2007, 03:04 PM
haha reminds me of this time there was a r32 gts at the office depot... i was it and was like "blah".. and my friend was goin nuts over it "dude its an r32!!!" hahah you know who you are on this forum

theres like soo many skylines built, doesnt excite me to see one... its not a mega rare car.. now i shit my balls when ever i see a exotic super car on the road

LB.Motoring
10-21-2007, 03:12 PM
It was jdm tyte with the sportmax rimz on it.

Grendel
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
sadly, owning an r-chassis does not preclude one from being an asshat.

exhibit 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjrKhbN4mBs

but then again, check out wreckedexotics.com. prime examples of what happens when you have more money than sense.

Heh, here is part 2. The driver seems like such a douche.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431fCXuUbp8

inFAMOUSbz
10-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Driving really fast to go home and take a shit........"oh he's street racing!!"
This ^ has got to be the funniest thing i've read in a while, I had a really good laugh from it. I thank you sir. The videos of the kids wrecking the skyline and not caring make me sad. lol Talk about taking things for granted.

Farzam
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
The way I see it is that a Skyline is a cool car.

Whether you want to admit it or not, people don't think it is cause other people think it is.

I don't care what others say.

They're sexy.

daryl337
10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
The skyline has earned its rep in more places then just the US.

It has the punch to back up it's fame...

EJ253
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
people idolize (sp?) the R34 skyline. most have never even driven one. let alone seen one! (your lucky)

but for me? naw.
i couldnt handle having a car that i would get beat up over by strangers if i crashed while drifting.
plus think about the repair bill if that were to happen!
also, it would always be on my mind, id be scared to leave it in any parking lots or even my own driveway

i've rather have my ok condition little project S14
when i crash i can easily get parts ect
it'll be a different story when im studying abroad in japan.
maybe ill get an R33/R32 GTS for some fun. who knows
for now ill stick to the straight and narrow.

if i were in chris forsberg or tony angelos position i would rock something different and fun. like a SC430, IS250, or maybe even an R33

my .02
and sorry i went off topic

Diabolical
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Skylines are so overrated

topsecretgold
10-22-2007, 07:40 PM
yep he has an r34...money is his last issue in life. he can afford a ticket.

savannaae
10-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I guess its more common to see an R-chassis car over in Cali....cause over here in VAMDDC area its a rare sight. So far I've only seen two R33s

There's really only one or two in the RDU area (that I've seen)... and one of them sits in my buddy's storage unit with no motor, lol.

I'd love to see more around, but you're right, not likely to happen around here.

916S14
10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Damn i only seen one skyline here, and i think skylines are sick. Dont hate. They are a japanese muscle car. period.

Diabolical
10-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Damn i only seen one skyline here, and i think skylines are sick. Dont hate. They are a japanese muscle car. period.

No such thing

Farzam
10-23-2007, 01:08 AM
There's really only one or two in the RDU area (that I've seen)... and one of them sits in my buddy's storage unit with no motor, lol.

I'd love to see more around, but you're right, not likely to happen around here.

I've seen 4 or 5, but I bet a few were just driving through.

White R34...R32 Gts-T, R33's of some sort, blue R34 vspec II

Addicted2Kouki
10-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I see R34s every other week.
nothing too amazing to me anymore.

Driving one on the other hand, would be pretty exciting.

and let him do whatever he wants. its his car.

EJ253
10-23-2007, 02:33 AM
i think only a ricer would buy a skyline in the united states.
your buying a car that is very expensive, difficult to get parts for, and attracts a lot of attention.

people laugh when i call skyline drivers ricers.
but give me the same amount of money that they spend on that stock R-chassis and i will build an S14 that could murder it on any track

Farzam
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I think i'm gonna get a Skyline to make EJ253 jealous.

Hell yeah parts are expensive, difficult to get, and FUCK YEAH i'd get attention.

Isn't that half the reason people get cool aero (cough cough)

And certain Porsches are just as much of a PITA to get parts for.

EJ253
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
do it and see how jealous i get.
R34 GTS come to meets and everyone crowds around it WOW!
then when we go out on the freeway they either get smoked by 240s (that cost one quarter of the R34) that arent even built to go fast in a straight line or they go home to jerk off
when they come to the track, they just watch.
when they get a crack in the windsheild they have to pay $$$$$$$ for a new one. and wait 8 months

and i got aero because i want the attention for having a somewhat common car that is sick as fuck.
not because i have a rare car that no one ever sees. but is completely stock. that kind of attention is for old men in corvettes

getting a windshield for a GT3 porsche is a lot less time consuming than getting a windsheild for an R chassis.
a few days > almost a year. i wouldnt be surprised if price was similar.

getting performance parts would depend greatly on your location.

daryl337
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
How about this... you take the best s14 you can find... and I find the best R I can find.. lets see who wins...

Bottom line is... if it comes to track racing where corners are involved... the skyline will own you.

Otherwise, they would have S chassis winning the GT races.. not skylines.

VROOOM
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM
i think only a ricer would buy a skyline in the united states.
your buying a car that is very expensive, difficult to get parts for, and attracts a lot of attention.

people laugh when i call skyline drivers ricers.
but give me the same amount of money that they spend on that stock R-chassis and i will build an S14 that could murder it on any track

your funny, only a ricer would buy a R34?? most ricers i know have a civic or a 240sx. you might be able to buy a S chassis that would murder it at the track but your still driving a shitty 240sx and he is sill driving a car that will still be worth something when he sells it(if its legally here). money may be an issue to you but to some people its not.

steve shadows
10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
yeah 240sx is number one "rice" car

"D1" has officially replaced "rice"

being obsessed with anything JDM is also the new APC

where the fuck have all of you been?

or are you convinced your not feeding the hell that has ruined my own car for me to even fully enjoy.

VROOOM
10-23-2007, 04:49 PM

or are you convinced your not feeding the hell that has ruined my own car for me to even fully enjoy.

i liked it better when people mistook my 240sx for an RX7. those time are over now. i think im just gonna buy a mustang!

Farzam
10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
If I got a Skyline, it wouldn't be to be fast.

I can get Skyline parts all day and I'm not even that "connected"

And I could put half the money i'd put in a 240sx into a Mustang and own ass. Don't go there.

SiI40sx
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
If I got a Skyline, it wouldn't be to be fast.

I can get Skyline parts all day and I'm not even that "connected"

And I could put half the money i'd put in a 240sx into a Mustang and own ass. Don't go there.

yeah bigblocks are cheap and so are direct ports with the live axel setup.....

Farzam
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
$3k got a Camaro I built running 12s...including the car.

zz383 with a naaasty cam, bolt ons, clutch/flywheel, good driver...street tires too.

Diabolical
10-23-2007, 09:38 PM
yea V8s are superior

EJ253
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
How about this... you take the best s14 you can find... and I find the best R I can find.. lets see who wins...

Bottom line is... if it comes to track racing where corners are involved... the skyline will own you.

Otherwise, they would have S chassis winning the GT races.. not skylines.

post up some pics of the sickest privately owned R34s in the united states.
i'd love to see them.

cuz i got plently of pics of way sick S14s/S15s in america that are modified to the fucking T

shop cars dont count. obviously R chassis' potentials is much higher than an S. and if i had an endless budget i would build an R chassis too
but no one will build their personal R in america because the people that own them are fucking ricers who just want to be seen. they dont give a shit how it handles. thats why theyre never on the track

yokotas13
10-24-2007, 12:49 AM
They weren't just doing ordinary street racing. They were doing the wangan.

What ya'll know about that!?

Anyways, R-chassis' aren't even that uncommon anymore. I see r3/2/3/4's on the street. Nothing big.
i know a lil sumtin sumtin

daryl337
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
post up some pics of the sickest privately owned R34s in the united states.
i'd love to see them.

cuz i got plently of pics of way sick S14s/S15s in america that are modified to the fucking T

shop cars dont count. obviously R chassis' potentials is much higher than an S. and if i had an endless budget i would build an R chassis too
but no one will build their personal R in america because the people that own them are fucking ricers who just want to be seen. they dont give a shit how it handles. thats why theyre never on the track

Whether or not the owners of skylines use them for their potential (which was the whole point of this thread in the first place) is not the argument at hand. It has pretty much been established that the skyline owners arent using it for the potential the cars truly have. But I am just backing up the potential of the vehicle... which you seemed to talk down on previously.

20 til 3
10-28-2007, 04:58 PM

sooo true.... i remember when people said... whats a 240sx... now days its... orly... do you drift it like... every night

people now always say... yeah i'm super jdm with knockoff lights, bumpers, and sidemarkers

now people just laugh at me when i want a GT wing(track use) because its not jdm

back on topic... mmk... it was an r34... there cool yes... but i believe paul walker is the only man who can handle one... so if it isnt him driving, why do we care?

jeeper_x
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
^^^what the hell are you talking about?

B18C5MK1
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7622328525002589965

amdnivram
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
dont those trucks top out at 85? lol i know my dad's does, it a 85 or 86 lol

ThatGuy
01-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Wow, thank god you brought this back from 2007 just to give us that important tidbit of information.

:duh:

:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: