PDA

View Full Version : Feathers in my taco

Turtle
10-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey everybody, my mom, my little sister and, I went to deliver a bounce house. Exhausted we decided to get a bite to eat. Well we were on our way back home when my little sister got hungry so we gave her a taco from taco bell.
While she was eating she saw feathers in her taco like 4 or 5 of them. They seem to be from like a crow or something. Is there any legal action my mom could take, since my baby sister age of 3 got disgusted and through up and refuses to eat now. =-[

I know some of you in here might be lawyers or something. Help please.

Jtuned_andy
10-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I really doubt it

adrians_s13
10-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I guess you can write a letter to a news channel or something?

otherwise, I woulda made this thread in off-topic chat... you'd probably get more hits than just the southwest region

jrmiller84
10-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one who finds the phrase Feather Taco hilarious? Probably.. :keke:

Why are you looking for help on an automotive enthusiasts website? Call a lawyer if you're serious and this really happened.

S13SilviaGirl
10-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Talk to a lawyer, anyone can take ppl to court. I would think if it came out of the taco bell like that then you would have a case....did you get pics? or save it?

mrmephistopheles
10-14-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm so sick of (most of) America's overly litigious attitude towards life.

Oh no, I spilled coffee on myself, I'm gonna sue!
What? You called me a name? I'm gonna sue!
Oh snap, this milk is spoiled before the expiration date - call my lawyer!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about seeing negligent people pay for their mistakes, and holding companies to their promises to provide safe products - I just can't get over how eager people are to screw each other and companies over for a buck.

You're 15 and your car insurance will be through the roof when you start driving (if you haven't already). You know why? It's because you're an insurance risk, and your insurance company wants to cover their butts in case you get a lawsuit on their asses for insuring you, should you go and maim some people.

Nobody accounts for accidents, or bad days, or best efforts anymore. It's '100% perfect or I sue, motherfucker' anymore.

Thanks for perpetuating that attitude.

CrimsonRockett
10-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm fat.

I'm going to sue Mcdonalds for getting me fat.

This super morbidly obese lady fell in front of me at work a few days ago.

She was walking with one of these walkers:

http://www.medcareproducts.com/images/FoldingWalker.jpg

When she first came in the store, the associates at the door had asked her to use an electric cart because it seemed as if she was struggling to walk with her walker(mainly because of her own weight).

She ignored them, walked around a bit, starting walking back towards the door to leave, and "slips" on a drop of water on the floor(when there wasn't any water on the floor to begin with...).

Now, she's trying to sue us.

(Not trying to be offensive here), but she looked very trailer park trash/greedy type of person.

Work and you'll get what you deserve.

That's the main reason why I didn't want the huge cash settlement from my accident.

A week after my accident, I was walking around, working on cars, and lifting 75-100lbs items at work as if nothing had ever happened. My lawyer was pressuring me into pretending to be injured, but I was more than happy getting paid twice for my car($5000 total), plus all of the medical bills paid for and some settlement money on the side.

Yeah, I could have pretended to be injured and have cashed in on about $75,000 , but with one minor slip on my end, the whole case goes to shit and I would've been screwed.

Point of my story?

Be honest. It pays off in the end.

Being honest got me a new car with the mileage of a regularly driven '04.

I'm more than satisfied.