PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Round Box concept: CRAZIEST DASH CLUSTER EVA!!!!!!!

Dutchmalmiss
10-11-2007, 12:23 PM
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/clips/nissan-round-box-has-most-incredible-dash-weve-seen-yet-309680.php?autoplay=true

Probably will cause more accidents from driving that thing, that's for sure haha.

exitspeed
10-11-2007, 12:50 PM
If the cost of LSD's go down enough, that is completely possible. It's no more complicated then a video game to actually do.

SimpleS14
10-11-2007, 01:31 PM
way too much going on in that dash...the car has to drive itself before you can enjoy the eye candy.

I can see some of this technology trickling down into a production car.

longdy
10-11-2007, 01:48 PM
lol... if i was driving that car with all that digital graphics floating everywhere i would end up crashing or something!!... still nice concept though! haha reminds me of Demolition Man from the early 90's

exitspeed
10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
If the animated parts only happened when you turned the car on or off, it wouldn't be a problem. Nissan is all about safety lately so they aren't going to make anything that is going to distract you to the point of crashing.

Like Simple14 said, this stuff will trickle down to production cars.

Pank
10-11-2007, 03:52 PM
If the cost of LSD's go down enough, that is completely possible. It's no more complicated then a video game to actually do.

you mean LCD's, and this is probably an OLED setup anyway, just because OLED's are awesome

exitspeed
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
you mean LCD's, and this is probably an OLED setup anyway, just because OLED's are awesome

Opps. :duh: :D

ixfxi
10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
traditional needle gauges win over ANY Digital/LCD gauge, PERIOD.

You need to be able to glance at your gauge and just by the position of the needle alone, be able to determine system status.