PDA

View Full Version : windshield washer

tekon
10-09-2007, 01:34 AM
So i got a 97 240sx. and i tried spraying the liquid to wash the windshield and nothing came up. there was fluid in the little container. i am not sure what is exactly wrong with it. i think it is either the motor for the washer fluid or the fuse for it. i tried the fuse but i dont know what fuse is used for the windshield washer. does anyone know where the fuse is located for it? i know where the fuse boxes are just dont know which fuse it is.

S13Leprechaun
10-09-2007, 01:39 AM
listen when you try to spray it... you hear a noise of a little motor nothings wrong with that... is this outta no where or has the car been sitting? if its been sitting, then the holes it sprays out of could be clogged.. same thing happened to me when i got another hood... just poke it wiht a paper clip or something super pointy..

good luck.

Anto
10-09-2007, 02:27 AM
If you hear the motor running, then the fuse is fine.
Pull the line going to your nozzles on your hood and try spraying again.

If the water flows out, then your nozzles are clogged.
If the water does not flow out, then check the tubing all the way back to the fluid reservoir.
THEN check the pump.

Tenchuu
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
i had my nozzles clog up on me here a while back. then i ditched all the system for a FMIC. i need to rig up something for winter though soon.

tekon
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah i checked all of that. i think it is actually the motor because i dont hear the buzz coming from anywhere. so any one of you guys know how much it is for a new motor for it?

jdmspooge
10-09-2007, 08:44 PM
I believe I have an extra one. I'll have to look for it.

tekon
10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
alright cool. just let me know. thanks for the help guys

S13Leprechaun
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
or go to kragen or any auto parts store.. they should carry it.