PDA

View Full Version : Cali heads.. I missed Jury duty.. whats the penalty?

HyperTek
10-04-2007, 04:39 PM
so what happens next? my date was 10/1,.... i recieved the summon a while back but put it down and jus remembered it was this week.. so i check the site and it says to show up to court on the following monday..

What is typical to happen? will I get fined?? thats just what I need, on top of still paying a ref ticket to the court for my old s13.. f*cking court system rules my life.. =\

stinky_180
10-04-2007, 08:08 PM
i missed mine too. i ended up getting a warning and i have to re-do the questioneer and call on a certain date. if you miss it again you'll def go to jail or some other shit.

adrians_s13
10-05-2007, 01:32 AM
they can't do shit... who is to say that the mail was never delivered or something..

Sil-Abc
10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
i missed mine and never got in trouble. its not certified mail so they cant prove u received it. :D

HyperTek
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
hmm thanks for your replys guys

i dont feel too bad now..
ironic that yesterday my mom recieved a failure to appear for jury duty notice in the mail too.. her date was last month.. hmmm Im sure she didnt recieve the letter

hmm i like how you get penalized for everything... miss a court date for a traffic ticket and you are automatically fined $500 *I know thats different, but still thats an expensive fine most people cant afford, and it adds a failure to appear into your record that screws you over*..

adrians_s13
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
hmm i like how you get penalized for everything... miss a court date for a traffic ticket and you are automatically fined $500 *I know thats different, but still thats an expensive fine most people cant afford, and it adds a failure to appear into your record that screws you over*..

damn... I got 2 of those... :ugh: but they were court dates to fight the ticket... I just forget to show up to my own ticket contest

azndoc
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
You should be scared for your life.

Haven't you seen Prison Break.

The government will frame you and come after you.

Run off to Panama.

Now......

TonKpilS14
10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
my dad never goes 2 that shit..

he just acts like he didnt get the notice in the mail.

hahah

VROOOM
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
i didnt go to my jury duty once. called to tell them i missed it and they said i showed up. she told me to say i was there and i never went

!Zar!
10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
miss it once, you get a warning.

miss it a second time, and the chances are high to have a warrant out for your arrest.

and you will receive jail time.

soreballz
10-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I know lots of people that just pretend they never saw the summons. They've been doing it for years, and have never gotten in trouble (or even warned) for it.

916S14
10-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I never go to Jury Duty, i tell them i cant speak english, and with a name like mine no one will argue, it sounds very foreign.

Jung918
10-05-2007, 11:01 PM
You fuckers are piss poor Americans. It makes me feel good to know that I spent the last 4 years of my life protecting your freedoms. Fucking shit bags. Don't bitch when your car gets stolen saying the justice system did nothing for you.

Ricks15
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
You outta call them Fucks up and explain or BS them a good story and ask for a extension. Basicly the sooner you serve the better its is, just get it out of the way once and for all. Ill tell you this when you do go take a Ipod or some shit cuz its boaring as hell waiting there all day in the jurior pool room.

soreballz
10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
You fuckers are piss poor Americans. It makes me feel good to know that I spent the last 4 years of my life protecting your freedoms. Fucking shit bags. Don't bitch when your car gets stolen saying the justice system did nothing for you.
Stop crying.

<3

Andrew Bohan
10-06-2007, 02:23 PM
look at it this way

would you want people who try to get out of their duties to decide whether or not you go to jail?

i'm glad they they succeed in getting out. makes room for honest people on the jury.

soreballz
10-06-2007, 07:22 PM
look at it this way

would you want people who try to get out of their duties to decide whether or not you go to jail?

i'm glad they they succeed in getting out. makes room for honest people on the jury.
Makes perfect sense to me.

I've only been called upon for jury duty once. I went, waited in the jury waiting room for 5 hours, and they sent EVERYONE home. I'd call that a complete waste of my time.

EDacIouSX
10-06-2007, 09:23 PM
You should be scared for your life.

Haven't you seen Prison Break.

The government will frame you and come after you.

Run off to Panama.

Now......

fuck panama run to mexico. maybe it'll make the people running our way stop and follow you back to where they belong LOL.

just to clarify, im cool with the legals. I'm not cool with illegals

HyperTek
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
grrr i got a job interview @ 11am on tuesday.. guess i cant report to the court on monday since its columbus day.. i guess im suppose to report at 8:30am tuesday.. does that mean i will be there for a few hours or will they jus give me a warning and let me go?? This interview is for a position that I really want and rather not reschedule since there is competition for this position and id hate to give up on a job for some stupid jury duty

drewford
10-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I missed my summons for jury duty back in April. Same story as yours. They then sent me another notice to appear (I didn't get to do the call-ins this time around).

But for my second round they scheduled it the same day of my college graduation ceremony. So I called some number on the form and they happily rescheduled me for early June. So all I can say is wait for the failure to appear letter.

!Zar!
10-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Most of the time you will get a warrant out for your arrest.

So don't get pulled over.

heh.