PDA

View Full Version : place to drift ???

peterpanz33
09-16-2007, 10:49 PM
i am looking for place to drift such as empty huge lot or something near

palm springs and indio area..

if anybody know place.. let me know.. just moved here and damn..

gotta go some place and have some fun...

TiNMAN
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
hehehehehe. ;)

articdragon192
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Willow Springs International Raceway.
El Toro Airbase when events are run
Horse Thief Mile
Irwinedale Speedway
California Speedway

Or if you're ballsy, the parking lot of your local police station ;D

deadpirate
09-17-2007, 12:34 AM
^^ thank you artic....almost thought i was going to lose my mind

projekt_s13
09-17-2007, 01:01 AM
The parking lot of your local police station is the best place to drift. If your lucky a sheriff might join so you can tandem.

peterpanz33
09-17-2007, 02:48 AM
i was just looking for local drift spot..

i guess there is not many people in this forum lives in my area...

Z_Spool
09-17-2007, 03:01 AM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=154153

soreballz
09-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Two things:
Number one, street drifting is for fags.
Number two... Dude, you're fucking Indio... Do it in the damn dirt somewhere.

rainier
09-17-2007, 04:57 AM
200 S Civic Dr
Palm Springs.

projekt_s13
09-17-2007, 08:04 AM
i was just looking for local drift spot..

i guess there is not many people in this forum lives in my area...

We dont openly talk about this stuff on a public forum.

Do what other people do, drive around and find a safe place.

SiI40sx
09-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Ive asked this back in the day too..... before all the events were out, and I too got flamed lol..... your all assholes man, I just wanted an empty lot dammit !!!!! but yea u dont need an empty lot now, theres events galoure!!!! and stupid cheap too, just prep your car, save up $100 and itll be 10000000x safer to do it on the track, in case anything happens you know? Good luck man

TheSquidd
09-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Two things:
Number one, street drifting is for fags.

Yeah fucking right. You know you watch the Youtube videos from Japan of people street drifting and go ooooo and aaaaaaaa. Please. Street drifting is fucking gangster. It's reckless, and irresponsible, and dangerous, but it's cool and you all wish you could do it.

That being said, street drifting in America can land you jail time, so I doubt anyone that does, wants to be telling some random internet person where they do it. As stated before I would look into going to the track, 150$ for event fees is a lot cheaper than 1200$ in fines and jail time.

peterpanz33
09-17-2007, 11:28 AM
when i lived in japan.. there was industrial area and a lot of people come and had fun.

cops ? they show up sometimes and just kick us out..

here hell no.. i got arrested before.. playing around on street..

i guess i have to look for it...

200 S Civic Dr
Palm Springs ??

that dont even exist... maybe you were looking for police station or something... funny...

PRADOgy
09-17-2007, 11:59 AM
dude.. indio and palm springs thats like .... i mean how can you not find anywhere to slide?

azndoc
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
It's Socal

There's so much events going on like every weekend.

There should be no reason to street drift. Sure we've all done it before. But like Squidd said. There's just no reason to deal with all that bullshit that comes from it if you got caught.

At least at the track you have place where there's no cops around and so no worries. There's plenty of people there willing to give you advice.

TravisSW
09-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Best bet is just save up for some steelies and junk tires and hit up the track like everybody else is saying.

It's true that some people have a little bit of fun once in a while, but you gotta be smart about it and pretty much...never do it. lol

Of course when it rains, you have an excuse if you get rolled lol. (woops clutch slipped, was too wet, etc.) but i'm sure they heard it all from us 240 guys and gals. haha

I'm still waiting to track my car, need to stop my 2nd gear from grinding though and find extra wheels/tires.

SiI40sx
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Best bet is just save up for some steelies and junk tires and hit up the track like everybody else is saying.

It's true that some people have a little bit of fun once in a while, but you gotta be smart about it and pretty much...never do it. lol

Of course when it rains, you have an excuse if you get rolled lol. (woops clutch slipped, was too wet, etc.) but i'm sure they heard it all from us 240 guys and gals. haha

I'm still waiting to track my car, need to stop my 2nd gear from grinding though and find extra wheels/tires.

"Sorry officer I hit the clutch by accident"

"So you accidentally hit the clutch, turn the wheels, entered the corner sideways and slide 300 feet while I heard you tapping on the gas?"

"......yeah?"

"please step out of the car....."

DUFFM4N
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
The parking lot of your local police station is the best place to drift. If your lucky a sheriff might join so you can tandem.

better have a cage though....:fawkd:

projekt_s13
09-17-2007, 06:53 PM

lol they tend to play rough like the occasional ramming but thats just how they drive.

soreballz
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah fucking right. You know you watch the Youtube videos from Japan of people street drifting and go ooooo and aaaaaaaa. Please.
I'm proud to say I never went through that phase, actually. :)

articdragon192
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM

Yeah, that cage will be a jail cell soon enough, hahaha.

jeffsm3
09-18-2007, 02:27 PM
"Sorry officer I hit the clutch by accident"

"So you accidentally hit the clutch, turn the wheels, entered the corner sideways and slide 300 feet while I heard you tapping on the gas?"

"......yeah?"

"please step out of the car....."

classic man!! hahaha

IcedOutSoulja13
09-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Angeles Crest is a good place...hit a few motorcycle riders...get caught by CHP then sherrif a little farther up...3 for 1 =D feel free to go there