PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Car... I Got Got Again...

turtle m3th
09-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey zilvians, It's like the title says, I got jacked for my DD this time though and my other car doesn't even run so i'm screwed. So, I was on my way out to class when I saw a cop posted out in front of my apartments which caught my attention because there has been alot of stuff going down in my area lately (El Cajon). So I'm just watching this cop as I'm walking and I finally realize that fact that I've walked to fucking far and haven't past my car yet. Damn... So I go up to the cop and file a claim on the spot, but It seems like they've got plenty more important stuff to do so i'm asking for your guys help just looking out for it. Anyways here goes the details, Its a Green 00 4dr civic LX, the passenger side front and rear door are dented on the bottom and the fender on that side is dented around the lip area as well. The trunk on the driver side is dented along with the little piece that goes under the taillight and there is a small electric eye wear sticker on the passenger side of the windshield. The only thing that really sets my car apart from others is the fact that the driver side headlight is hazy as hell because I started sanding it down with the wrong grit paper and never pick up the right one. Oh yeah, the license plate reads 4RIN910. Thanks for your time guys, I appreciate any kind of help I can get.

-david

PRADOgy
09-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear.. what crack head steals a stock 4 door.. unless a system
im sure youll get it back dude..probably just a joy ride(hopefully)

as far as the narc.. he probably had the attitude of "just take a seat and ill get back to you as soon as possible".. and you damn well know he took his sweet asss time

turtle m3th
09-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Would you guys happen to know how the insurance companies deal with stolen cars that are recovered and ones that aren't recovered? I wouldn't know how the process goes because I just cut my loses last time and didn't claim anything because they wouldn't have given shit for.

longdy
09-11-2007, 06:34 PM
wish i could help but i dont have any experience in this area... but i feel your pain though... lol alot of my 240 parts were stolen out of my garage... so yea man i hope you get your car back man...

GL

nissanguy13
09-11-2007, 06:47 PM
If they recover it theyll just give it back and tell you have a good day, unless its so bad its not salvagable. Then theyll pay you blue book. If they never find it, then they will pay blue book......unless you just have liability then your fuct.

Sorry to hear about your car, I live in Santee and visit El Cajon frequently. I will keep an eye open for you.

turtle m3th
09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
I've got some new news! turns out that the cop I first spoke with was there recovering another car which means I got the Singapore swap. Still waiting for the adjuster to give me a call though. school sucks without books.

thejapino
09-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Would you guys happen to know how the insurance companies deal with stolen cars that are recovered and ones that aren't recovered? I wouldn't know how the process goes because I just cut my loses last time and didn't claim anything because they wouldn't have given shit for.

My brother had liability on his civic. Stolen and recovered stripped. They gave him an option to buy back his bare (and beaten) shell or have them junk the car. He chose to get it junked but HAD TO PAY for storage and fees. I didn't know that before...

a_ahmed
09-13-2007, 08:18 AM
man that is too bad i feel bad for you..

I hate people who steal... what greedy lazy losers...

turtle m3th
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
This shit sucks! everywhere I go i've got that "is that my car?" feeling. Well on an better note I did have full coverage so I should be fine whether they find it or not, but i'd much rather have it back. I'm waiting for the claims adjuster to call me up to see if a can get a rental car because this 2 hour bus ride home shit sucks...

JDMS1lv1a
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
This shit sucks! everywhere I go i've got that "is that my car?" feeling. Well on an better note I did have full coverage so I should be fine whether they find it or not, but i'd much rather have it back. I'm waiting for the claims adjuster to call me up to see if a can get a rental car because this 2 hour bus ride home shit sucks...

those thieves need to die :rl:

turtle m3th
09-14-2007, 09:52 AM
The car was recovered last night but I was at school so I didn't receive the call. From what I was told they had to take it to the tow yard because of the fact that there wasn't a battery. Of course all of my shit is gone, and of course I don't have receipts for some of it because they were gifts so I don't know how to go about getting anything back for these items. Anyone have a clue on what I can do here?