PDA

View Full Version : Tron is ON!

exitspeed
09-11-2007, 10:18 AM
This should be cool. I never actually seen the OG one, but I know it's a classic. Another movie to look forward to.

Tron is On
Long-awaited sequel gets a director.
by IGN Staff

September 11, 2007 - Joseph Kosinski's name might not yet be familiar to most, but the architect-turned-commercial director is, like, so hot right now in the world of genre films. Kosinski, who recently signed on to direct the planned remake of Logan's Run at Warner Bros., has now been linked to Disney's long-awaited sequel to Tron.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Kosinski is in final negotiations to develop and direct Tron, the next chapter of Disney's 1982 cult classic.

Kosinski will reportedly oversee the visual development of the project and have script input with screenwriters Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Lost). The story is being kept secret.

Sources have informed THR that Kosinski will be crafting a sequence involving the movie's Light Cycles to flesh out his vision for the film. The source added that visual effects artists, many of whom were inspired by the original Tron, are vying for position to work on the sequence.

Kosinski, a former architect, was propelled into the movie business when director David Fincher became impressed by his animated architectural renderings. He has directed award-winning commercials for Apple, Nike and Nintendo.

Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original Tron, will be a co-producer on the new movie.

wootwoot
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Tron cannot be done in modern times....It wouldnt BE Tron then. Angry! I cant believe they are going too either. I thought it was a financial disaster back in the day, now they are going to try it out again?

exitspeed
09-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Tron cannot be done in modern times....It wouldnt BE Tron then. Angry! I cant believe they are going too either. I thought it was a financial disaster back in the day, now they are going to try it out again?

I think now with our CG the movie can be much better. Tron turned into more of a cult classic. Cult classics usually get sequels eventually because there are sooo many people that want it.

Like me with Robocop for instance.

axiomatik
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
yeah, but the problem is that so much of the 'feel' of the original movie is dependent on the computer graphics of the day. Maybe it will be really cool, but I am having a really hard time imagining what it would be like. And lol at a Logan's Run remake. Jesus, there is just no end to the remake, is there? Next year we will probably have a remake of Jurassic Park, followed by a remake of the first Pirates of the Caribbean.

exitspeed
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Next year we will probably have a remake of Jurassic Park,

I know you were being sarcastic but there is a new Jurassic Park coming out...

Andrew Bohan
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
the only thing better than tron is the tron arcade games of the mid-late 80s.

yes i remember them when they were new.

exitspeed
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
the only thing better than tron is the tron arcade games of the mid-late 80s.

yes i remember them when they were new.

I remember that game too. I used to play it at the gas station next to my house.

PhilthyS13
09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
It won't be a real Tron movie without crappy special effects.

It was the first movie I ever rented, and the first I ever saw on vhs. The store had it in beta, too.

The game was cool, I used to play it all the time. I think it made more money than the movie.

wootwoot
09-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Thats the thing, I dont understand how they are going to do this. The crap effects are what made it Tron. Hopefully they can pull it off though!

monkey7
09-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Now I can pull out that glow in the dark frisby and wack my friend in the head!

Interested on how this movie is going to turn out.

ManoNegra
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow, brings back memories. Hope they get it done right.

axiomatik
09-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Tron Guy (http://www.tronguy.net/) will be pleased.....

zaneithan
09-12-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX8CyhXqilk

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
09-12-2007, 08:00 AM
plus when tron came out comoputers were still relatively new to the everyday person. it could be very good or very bad. but i'm excited to hear that they are gonna give it a try!