PDA

View Full Version : 1998 240sx SE KA-T25

John_R
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Price Lowered: $7500
E-mail me with any comments/questions: [email protected]

I'm looking to sell my 1998 240sx SE. It has 99,xxx miles on it. Over the past summer I put together a small turbo kit using mainly ebay found parts with an S13 T25 turbo. It was only really a test install so it wasn't ever polished up. Needs some pipe work, needs the exhaust cut and rewelded with about an inch lower, and it needs a new Oil Pan w/fitting welded in. (the guy that did it, didn't follow my instruction and put it an inch and a half lower than I wanted.

The car is on Megan Racing Street Coilovers + MR tie rods (which have held up great). Sitting on 18x9(f) and 18x10 Motegi Touge rims (heavy, but look great). With 265s in the rear and 245s up front. The rear and front fenders have been pulled and rolled, but not the best job. I was going to replace or add flares on the front/or front and back at some point, so my friends and I experimented with the puller trying to get as much as we could out of it. So the fronts look kind of wavy, but the rears look excellent. The 265's don't scrub or touch at all, but its running a bit of negative camber.

Now onto the bad. The car was rear ended by my ex-girlfriend almost 2 years ago. I never got it fixed because I wanted to save up for a body kit first. The rear bumper is pushed up against the lights and the trunk lid latches, but doesn't close all the way. When you drive it, it rattles pretty damn loud. I've taken it to some local shops and they said there is absolutely no frame damage. Its just the sheet metal where the latch is, needs to be aligned and the rear bumper replaced. The rear quarter panels had zero damage except where the rear bumper pulled the mounting bolts out of them towards the bottom.

I've got a replica body kit that I never really even test fit. I mounted the front bumper temporarily, but didn't leave it on. I've also got 30mm wider front fenders, but they need a bit of work to make fit.

Other than that, the paint on the roof looks like its oxidized a bit. The interior is a little dirty, but looks great. I'm running a SAFC-II and Prosport boost and oil pressure gauges. I've removed all the emmissions shit, and cleaned/painted the intake manifold. I installed K-Sport HID 6000K lights into the halogen projectors. The cutoff is really low. I planned on pulling these apart and replacing the lenses with HID lenses.

E-mail me with any comments/questions: [email protected]

The stuff that goes with the car (6 piece body kit un painted and not installed, factory S14 rims, whatever emmissions stuff I took off from stock, and an extra KA24DE head (that looks almost new).

E-mail: [email protected]
Picture Gallery
"http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/johnwr1983/98%20240sx%20Turbo/"

kingyogi
09-05-2007, 03:49 PM
how much for the exhuast?

John_R
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Dude, that exhaust is like a $99 ebay special. It was like $150 shipped to my door. Go to ebay my friend, not taking mine off.

John_R
09-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I feel I am practically giving this away and it is killing me. Take it away before I change my mind.

spg240sx
09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
link to pics doesn't work

John_R
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Pics: "http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/johnwr1983/98%20240sx%20Turbo/"

Won't let the link stay the way it is. It makes "..."

Canaduh
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Why doesn't the trunk close? That whole rear-end looks kinda shady if you ask me. (no pun intended)

John_R
09-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Please read my original post.

It was rear ended in a low-speed accident. It pulled the bumper out of the lower rear quarters and bowed in the sheet metal where the truck latch is. Its not a sharp bend or anything. You could probably pull off the rear bumper and whack it back into place by hand. I took it to a couple body shops when the accident first happened and they said there is absolutely NO frame damage. Just the sheet metal on the latch and the rear bumper. That's it.

If you were to see it in person, you'd see what I was talking about. The damage isn't that bad. The paint has just been flaking off for years.

John_R
09-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Would there be more interest in this car if I were to strip it down and make it stock? If interested, let me know. I really just need some money right now and am willing to work with any offer that will help me pay some bills off.

spg240sx
09-17-2007, 02:52 PM
just my two cents, but if you put a new rear bumper on it and had the trunk fixed, you could probably get your asking price... and possibly a little more. bump for you