PDA

View Full Version : This look like a good deal to you?

SexPanda
08-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, Im looking around for a new, uh, another car to toy around with. The 240 is cool, but looking never hurts. I found this on a local site, and its a sweet little car, but I dont know if I would be willing to invest 5 grand on it. Any opinions, or even better, experience with these cars is much appreciated.

I'm posting this in the Off Topic because its not a z car or an s-chassis...

http://shopping.rollanet.org/index.php?a=2&b=182581

wootwoot
08-30-2007, 09:11 PM
They are pretty easy to work from what I have gathered and 200hp will net you mid 12's on street tires but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone

SexPanda
08-30-2007, 09:15 PM
...but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone
lol nice.

Anyhow, the car you wouldnt recommend, or having a car as fast and as small as that... I mean yeah if i got in an accident they wouldnt have to buy a coffin its so small, so thats a plus. Im just looking for a small car I can mess with. I was also looking at a 92 miata... but the VW is soo much sexier.

Well thanks for that info. +1 man.

Cam B
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah, the miata if a fun car too. I'm sure you've heard about the ls1 swaps everyone is doing to them.

A Spec Products
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Everytime I see the Kharmann Ghia, I think of the Janet Jackson video in the desert

OHHHHHH YEAH

TiNMAN
08-31-2007, 12:14 AM
janet jackson aye? :naughty:

wootwoot
08-31-2007, 12:43 AM
Get a Miata, then drive drive drive drive drive. Worry about power and other stuff later as it comes! Just start with all the right maintainence, some decent tire(which will be cheap!) and an alignment

I have no idea where you live but I'm sure there are some tracks near the fort.
Either way they are both girl cars.

TiNMAN
08-31-2007, 12:44 AM
zoom! zoom! zoom!

BustedS13
08-31-2007, 01:36 AM
that's the one vw i like. but... if you're thinking about a miata... get the miata. surely just as fun, but you can drop the top. and i'm sure the miata would be far easier to maintain.

SexPanda
08-31-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah the ghia coupe is wayyy too nice for me to screw up... I mean its a classic. Miatas are like neons... almost. The one for 1500 i was looking at has 220,000 miles, and the top is torn to shit, but it runs, and im sure a rebuilt engine is only a few bucks. if i do decide to do this, i'll have a budget *(minus the car) of about 2000... a greddy turbo is about 1200. A used top in good condition is about 200. It'd be a fun car...

Quick question about fitment if anyone has experience. I weigh about 240 and im 6ft tall. All muscle, well mostly lol... I've sat in one before, but the passenger seat and only for about a minute with the top down. it was also a 99. Would I fit? lol.

ThatGuy
08-31-2007, 02:12 PM
My dad recently bought a Miata because he no longer enjoyed riding his motorcycle in Pa. traffic. He is your size, if not a little heavier. He has no problems with his. It's a triple black 1999 5-speed.

They are fun cars to drive and perform pretty well. They've been raced for years for a reason. Once you get past the homosexual stereotype that insecure males put on them, they are great little roadsters.

Cam B
08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
They are fun cars to drive and perform pretty well. They've been raced for years for a reason. Once you get past the homosexual stereotype that insecure males put on them, they are great little roadsters.

well put. they are great cars and A LOT of fun. and like you said, you always have the option of dropping the top
:bigok:

BustedS13
08-31-2007, 05:08 PM
they're a blast to drive. i'm not sure when they started putting tilt wheels in them, though. i drove a '91 and the steering wheel was maybe a millimeter above my legs. a tilt wheel would be a godsend in those cars.. other than that, comfortable.

wootwoot
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I love them, i just refuse to drive one as a daily. hahah

illvialuver
09-01-2007, 12:35 AM
i dont think about janet jackson i think about my brothers ghia and kill bill 2.

anyway they are cool ass little cars, good on gas and fun to drive, plus you can get a badass stinger exhaust and clean wheels, very cool little car, i would take it over a vw bus or a bug anyday.
a guy here in clovis has a porsche motor in his and is runnin like 11s -12s

wootwoot
09-01-2007, 12:01 PM
sti motor......bwhaha