PDA

View Full Version : Forced Performance Nissan SR20 20g Turbocharger Group Buy!

ForcedPerformance
08-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Hello Nissan Enthusiasts!

Let me begin by introducing our company to everyone. Forced Performance has been around since 1996 beginning mainly with turbo DSM's. Since then the company has grown extensively and we are looking to continue our growth by offering better products to the turbo Nissan world. We were the Largest Mitsubishi Turbocharger Distributor in North America for 2006 and hope to be again for 2007. Our new Nissan TD06SL2 20g turbocharger is part of that plan!

We would like to offer a group buy on our new Nissan SR20 20g turbocharger. Our Nissan SR20 TD06SL2 20G with 8cm2 turbine housings give an enormous increase in flow with 650cfm of airflow. The larger TD06SL2 turbine wheel eliminates the typical back pressure problems associated with smaller turbos and really lets your motor exhale.

The MHI 20G compressor wheel is one of the most popular for 2.0-2.5 liter engines that focus on maximum street car performance, but it is also capable of running as much as 30psi when higher octane fuel is used to avoid detonation.

Our Nissan 20g turbos are built in house at Forced Performance, so you know you are getting a turbo that you can count on to run hard without failure.

The wastegate actuator is preset to 1bar (14.5psi) so wastegate flapper blow open in the upper RPM is virtually eliminated.
Included with the turbocharger is a complete turbo gasket set at no additional cost! Everyone likes something for free!

Now for the pricing details, we would like to offer this turbocharger at the group buy price of $899 plus shipping.

To participate in this Group Buy, please call or email. Amber will be administrating the Group Buy.
Phone: 972-984-1800 ext 100 (Ambers Ext)
Email: [email protected]

An email with your name, address, 2 telephone numbers and a declaration that you are prepared to order and pay for the turbo will hold a spot for you in the GB until Amber can follow up with you to collect your CC info.

Now for some pictures!

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/graphics/00000001/full/NTNissan20G6SL2_1.jpg

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/graphics/00000001/full/NTNissan20G6SL2_2.jpg

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/graphics/00000001/full/NTNissan20G6SL2_3.jpg

http://www.powerarmor.com/%7Eamber/Pics/DFWDSM/FP/TD06-20GMap.JPG

mashloh
08-28-2007, 08:31 PM
so what rwhp numbers can we expect from this turbo on an sr with the standard support mods? also is it a bolt on replacement for the stock T25? the hole alignments looks like it's closer to T28?

Thanks in advance.

ForcedPerformance
08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Depending on the dyno and the car you will see 375 to 450whp from this turbo. It is most similar in shape and configuration to the Greddy 20g upgrade for the SR20.

hellion240sx
08-31-2007, 10:01 AM
so would you say this is a cheaper option than going the gt2871r? because thats around the power they are capable of iirc. and also is it a direct replacement. do you need another style mani, elbow, dp, new lines, an adapter of some sort, or anything. basically is it bolt off old turbo bolt on new turbo?

Dr. Moreau
08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
is the wg actuator adjustable? in case i want the base pressure to be less than 1 bar.

Prok0
09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Is it Ball Bearing or standard journal bearing?

Also what sort of spool could be expected for an SR with basic supporting mods?
Have you guys put it on any SR cars?

jr_ss
09-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Most people are going to want to run lower PSI than 1 bar, especially if they haven't gotten a tune. From the pictures it looks like the actuator is adjustable, but how low can you adjust it? I'd also like to know spool rates and if it's BB or not. What are the exhaust housing size's are available? I know Mitsu makes an 8cm and a 10cm, with 8cm being closer to .63 and 10cm being closer to .84 a/r's respectfully. Thanks in advance, Glenn.

GSXRJJordan
09-01-2007, 03:40 PM
All great questions... the 20g is a great turbo for our motors, with similar spool to a t3 .60 trim (from what i've seen, definitely boosting before 4000rpm) but with great top end.

So this is a journal bearing t2 flanged .84 AR that we're talking about right?

ForcedPerformance
09-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll try to answer some of the popular questions.

Actuator - Adjustable yes, but it isn't made to be adjustable to less than 14psi. You see, this turbo is intended for 350-450whp applications. Not low boost 250whp applications. This may not be the best turbo to run if you are limited to very low boost pressure like 10psi. If you must run less than 14psi boost pressure, this turbo is not for you - you need a smaller turbo.

Bolt on? - This turbo is modeled after the Greddy T518Z which was a TD05H 18g turbo for the SR20 engine. So this turbo is a "plus 1" to both sides of that popular Greddy turbo for the S13 S14 SR20 application. Plus 1 on the compressor side since we made ours with MHI 20g wheels and Plus 1 on the turbine side since we made ours with the TD06SL2 turbine wheels instead of the smaller TD05H. So you shouldn't need more than fresh gaskets (included) and perhaps some spare bolts incase you break some taking it apart. This is of course if you are installing it onto the SR20 engine. I'm looking into the oil line compatibility at this time, not 100% sure on that point yet.

Flange and A/R - This is a T2 flange, just like the stock turbo. It is a 8cm housing, which is roughly equivalent to .65 A/R ratio in Garrett terminology. Since this turbo already has the larger TD06SL2 turbine wheel, it's exhaust flow is already greatly increased. Using the larger 10cm housing will result in too great of turbo lag to be considered "streetable". The large TD06SL2 turbine in a 8cm housing is the best blend of response and top end power for the 450whp max of this turbo. Boost threshold is about 3500-4000rpm depending on exhaust size, compression ratio, gear selection etc.

Ball Bearing or Journal bearing - These turbos are floating journal bearing turbos, not BB turbos. This is an important part of making this turbo affordable. BB = $$ and for this type application are not really necessary, this smallish turbo already has good response and spool up due to it's configuration.

Hope that helps.

Boost On!

hellion240sx
09-04-2007, 11:11 AM
isn't the BB factor more of a reliability issue? also what psi are you looking at to get to 250-300-350-400-450 psi?

GSXRJJordan
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
The Ball bearing is there for increased response and faster spool, more than reliability (although it probably does help the turbo stay in it's prime for longer) - keeping turbos cool (and free of bolts/crap chipping the compressor wheel) is what keeps them alive/reliable

This turbo looks fantastic. I'll have to look into this as a (much) cheaper alternative to the GT3071 later this year.

SR20s14Drifter
09-12-2007, 04:40 PM
The oil lines do not match the pitches are different..i have to send mine back since i think its fucked..but they are gonna take care of it...THANKS FP!!

Talked to Robert, cool guy very helpful...i hope to finally get this damn thing up and running.

GSXRJJordan
09-12-2007, 07:18 PM
That's awesome that they're taking care of you... so one of the oil fittings is M10x1.25 and the other's M10x1.50 or what?

A note for those upgrading turbos - go stainless lines (which I'm sure most do) and CHECK FITTING SPACE/Shape/Thread Pitches. AN->NPT/BPT adapters are versatile/customizable, but it sucks to be in SR20S14Drifter's shoes with a car that's just sitting there because of something as small as a fitting :(

I WILL be purchasing one of these in the next few months... I've decided :)

Kouki
09-13-2007, 08:59 AM
I have a couple questions. I see that you guys have a manifold for the SR. Is it actually made by you, or is it just sourced out then put you're name on it? Also, what kind of deal can you do on a GT2871R with a .64 a/r?

wazimba
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
The oil lines do not match the pitches are different..i have to send mine back since i think its fucked..but they are gonna take care of it...THANKS FP!!

Talked to Robert, cool guy very helpful...i hope to finally get this damn thing up and running.

Thats highly odd i just got the turbo from them too and all the lines from my blown hks turbo bolted on to the FP 20g turbo.if you wanna use the stock lines you can or even the taka lines.
i just dynoed it it and it made 381whp and 353tq at 1.2 bar all this on a pretty stock motor with just cams.it has awesome power cant wait to push 1.7 bar.

THANKS FORCED PERFORMANCE THIS TURBO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aoshi112
09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Thats highly odd i just got the turbo from them too and all the lines from my blown hks turbo bolted on to the FP 20g turbo.if you wanna use the stock lines you can or even the taka lines.
i just dynoed it it and it made 381whp and 353tq at 1.2 bar all this on a pretty stock motor with just cams.it has awesome power cant wait to push 1.7 bar.

THANKS FORCED PERFORMANCE THIS TURBO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you post the dyno sheet?

wazimba
09-13-2007, 07:41 PM
here you go and the mod list on the car
completely stock sr20det
BC stage 2 cams and injectors.
no springs/no retainers
stock head gasket/studs.
FMIC
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/TigerRacin20Gsr.jpg

hellion240sx
09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
wow. no exhaust? intake? upgraded fuel pump or fpr? so that's what 16 psi? sorry not familiar with bar

Dr. Moreau
09-14-2007, 10:44 PM
1.2 bar = ~17.4 psi

edgardo i'm pretty sure he has all the basic mods everyone and their grandma does when they swap a sr into an s chassis (exhaust, walbro fuel pump, intake, etc.) what i think he meant by completely stock sr is stock internals.

turtl631
09-14-2007, 11:11 PM
completely stock sr20det
no springs/no retainers
stock head gasket/studs.
FMIC

I'd watch that, if you're revving close to 8 grand or bouncing off a 2 step or rev limiter, you could have issues. KB240SR on FA had the BC 264 cams with stock valvetrain and it let go after a while of revving to 8k. The lift on the BC cams is pretty high for a 264 duration cam, and stock valve springs aren't up to the task at high rpm.

qt_240
09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
W0w! .. i really wish you had this offer just a few months earlier, I recently just Purchased a brand new S15 BB T28.. Is this price for a limited time only? I might be interested in get this turbo anyways for next season. Just PM me your reply.. thankx

GSXRJJordan
09-15-2007, 06:32 AM
That's fantastic torque for this size turbo. I definitely agree about the valve springs though, the BC cams have some serious lift and you should upgrade to Peak Performance (value) or Tomei/HKS (JDM) springs. God I love seeing smooth dyno graphs like that with gobs or torque on SRs.

I'd love to see someone with stock cams to see how fast we can get it to spool... I'll bet on 20psi it can hit 350 ft-lbs of torque between 4000-4500rpm on the stockers.

DJ_Sunrise
09-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Wow.. that graph looks nice. I hope these are around in a few months, I have to save up now. Thanks for posting the dyno sheet, you've convinced me to pick one up..

-Bart

wazimba
09-15-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah it will get some valve springs and some solid lifters pretty soon just didnt have time to do all that with the event just a couple of days before but when we do ill post up the new dyno graph with at least 1.6-1.7 bar of boost so we can really see how this baby rock and rolls.

ALL HAIL THE 20G!!!!!!!!!

Kouki
09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
What size injectors are you running on this setup???

kognition
09-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Yup, you better watch your rpm's with stock springs and retainers. Gonna float something. Impressive graph for sure.

wazimba
09-16-2007, 09:13 PM
What size injectors are you running on this setup???

850cc injectors

ichibans13.5
09-18-2007, 08:45 PM
the tdo6 turbo has always impressed me for a 20 year old mitsubishi truck turbo- anychance of making the evo 8/9 green turbo for nissans with the td05 housing?

808DRFTR
09-18-2007, 09:51 PM
how long will these prices last?

SR20s14Drifter
09-19-2007, 04:59 PM
He did not took care of me. I call him the day i Installed it and told him that my turbo was leaking oil, and he ask me if i had use the OEM oil feed line and i told him Yeah then he check the pitch of the threads and they were different then i told him that i didn't know because it didn't say anything about not using the OEM feed line in the web or in the box. Them he told me that he was going to fix the oil line feed for free because it wasn't my fault. Assuming is for the SR and I didn't find anywhere that say NOT to use the OEM oil feed line. He tells me to ship it back so he can find me a line to work with it. I call him tow days later and he tells me that i had to pay $65.00 for the line after paying for the shipment back out of my pocket. He told me that he was going to take care of me and not leave me in the cold. I told him it wasn't about the money it was about lack of information and telling me he was going to fix it for free and them turn around and charge me. I was the first one to buy a 20G turbo from them.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTNissan20G6SL2&Category_Code=Nissan-Turbo

v-empire
09-20-2007, 09:08 AM
being a fan of the 4g63 and the turbos, i was quite familiar with this model and results. i wanted to try it on my sr20det. looking at the price it is affordable comparing to other options.
i got my hands on one regardless.

the turbo wasnt hard to install at all.

just like any after market parts, intercooler pipings, body kits etc, a bolt-ons in our after market parts language means, ok!, it will work perfectly normal, but there may be a slight chance of modification.

we as simple "basement garage engineers" should be competent enough to put it together, if not i wouldnt recommend touching your car until you are ready.

professionals and other resources are out there if you want pay for install, if you want it done right.

for the DIY people, for the most of you, pretty simple common sense is to double check everything and not assume anything.

when i installed it, i replaced my garrett gt2871 turbo, using the same oil and water braided lines, and aeroquip fittings. all it needed was a banjo AN3 fitting which i figured out in like 2 seconds.
i got the turbo and i checked if it fitted. yes it did, and obviously i made sure the threading was smooth and tight, with some lock sealed/tight to prevent pulling the entire unit out again after the install for leaky problems and what not.

double check everything, and i ran my own "break-in" process for numerous hours cause i wanted to make sure it was healthy before giving it a beating.

no problems there.

great turbo. self street tuned and it pulls harder than my garrett.

i will post dyno charts as soon as i get one done.

Dave
.................................................. ...............................................

i took some pics.

hope it helps, enjoy.

here i had to modifiy the return line because the angle and lenght was too akward because of the steering shaft. could be because of my aftermarket motor mounts and how the motor sits. i dont know but its was so obvious so i fixed it easily for my car. easy common sense.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/Picture097.jpg

and that was about it, the intercooler piping was altered a little but no biggie. we as tuner messing with cars should be smart enough to work around it.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/Picture102.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/Picture100.jpg

v-empire
10-25-2007, 09:27 AM
here is yesterday's dyno results.
same setup as before- s14 sr20det, 740 injectors, BC stg2 cams, powerFC, 20G forced performace turbo, MR manifold, Commetic HG and ARP studs, 24psi, stock head, stock bottom end.

now from the black s13 to the r32:
new extended driveshaft.

swapped out
Commetic Head Gasket,
ARP head studs.

soulja boi cranked to 24 psi
race gas
Dyno Jet

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/sr20det20G_TR.jpg
440 RWHP
430 TQ

check out the power it picked up from 4k - 4.5k
thats nearly 200 whp & TQ within 1000 RPM from 4k-5k rpm
@4500rpm it has 400 TQ , woooooo!
we are excited.... and we hope the other r32 does the same or better with a built motor. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
share your inputs, we need ideas for the ride!

GSXRJJordan
10-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm really impressed at the torque you guys are getting... for drift/etc that's a great torque curve, and with some bigger cams I'm sure you'd get another 20hp or so out of the top end for some serious drag.

Turbo looks good :)

scottie
10-26-2007, 09:52 AM
He did not took care of me. I call him the day i Installed it and told him that my turbo was leaking oil, and he ask me if i had use the OEM oil feed line and i told him Yeah then he check the pitch of the threads and they were different then i told him that i didn't know because it didn't say anything about not using the OEM feed line in the web or in the box. Them he told me that he was going to fix the oil line feed for free because it wasn't my fault. Assuming is for the SR and I didn't find anywhere that say NOT to use the OEM oil feed line. He tells me to ship it back so he can find me a line to work with it. I call him tow days later and he tells me that i had to pay $65.00 for the line after paying for the shipment back out of my pocket. He told me that he was going to take care of me and not leave me in the cold. I told him it wasn't about the money it was about lack of information and telling me he was going to fix it for free and them turn around and charge me. I was the first one to buy a 20G turbo from them.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTNissan20G6SL2&Category_Code=Nissan-Turbo

Dude what else do you expect? You were the one that probably cross threaded the turbo! Again this is why if you dont know what you're doing then take it to a shop. I would have charged you too. :loco:

SR20s14Drifter
10-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Dude what else do you expect? You were the one that probably cross threaded the turbo! Again this is why if you dont know what you're doing then take it to a shop. I would have charged you too. :loco:

meh..i went with a GT3071R setup from FULL RACE..so :fawkd: you and FP...no need of simpathy from a :mrmeph: like yourself..the only reason i went with FP is because my brother has a 1g dsm with their 3052 setup putting 430whp, and he mentioned how great service for him was...anyways, dyno numbers should be in soon.

scottie
10-28-2007, 10:38 AM
meh..i went with a GT3071R setup from FULL RACE..so :fawkd: you and FP...no need of simpathy from a :mrmeph: like yourself..the only reason i went with FP is because my brother has a 1g dsm with their 3052 setup putting 430whp, and he mentioned how great service for him was...anyways, dyno numbers should be in soon.

BFDD. I hope for your sake Geoff included the lines :keke:

AntiVtec
10-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah FP's customer service blows. I had some issues with the 20g and all i wanted was some help on solving them. I wasnt asking for my money back or free service, or parts and the scumbags ingnore my emails and calls. The one time i got thru they said to send them pics of my problem so they can help. I did, along with like 5 emails and 10 calls over the next 3 weeks and no answer. So last time i deal with them they left me and a few others high and dry. To me FP stands for Fresh Poop!

v-empire
10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
i m sorry to hear your experiences with them.
i never had to deal with their tech support or anything.

i got the turbo and installed it with no problems. of course i ve done many different turbo installs, this was as close of a bolt up, for me. may be different for others, or maybe you received a different product. i dont know.

looking at it, it was straight forward.

flanges bolt up, t2 and turbine housing. clock the turbo. hook up the ss braided lines, test fittings, cut to shorten the oil return flange i had, stick a rubber hose in there.
look for piping that bolts up, used s13 gredyy intake flange, ok, s14 hot pipe flange, fits, ok.
cut few silicone hose connectors, move the pipes a little, bolts up. done.

break in, dyno run, at 17ps. 380whp, with a little lag compared to hks GT2835. ran for one month beaten at NOPI Nationals Drift.

next month, pulled the whole motor out, gasket, head stud replaced,installed it onto the skyline r32, dyno at 24 psi, number and range change drastically! perfect. boost lag?? from 3.5k rpm to 4.5k rpm, picked up more than 200 whp and tq, each.

900 dollar turbo, and this baby is going to Irwindale for D1GP ALL STARS.
still trying to blow it up. we are testing the product quality, arent we? best way to test it is on the race track with full throttle and heat, and red lines.

i have no idea how your purchase was a nightmare, but i will share as much as i can, but its really a simple install.

however, i am happy with the results, and i will actually be getting another one for my other SR20det powered s13. for the price and performance, its perfect for my application.

WILDACEX187
11-03-2007, 01:20 AM
is this turbo the size of a t25 or a t28? is the turbo not clocked for a sr already?

v-empire
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
huh?

20G turbo.

you need a professional to install this if you arent sure.
it was a breeze for me. maybe different for you. it bolts right on to my megan racing manifold and dump pipe/o2 housing.

turbo can be clocked by loosening the bolts, and turning the housings.
a t25 or t28 wont make 440 whp and 430 tq @ 5k rpm on 24 lbs of boost.
its impossible for it to be the same size.

it is obviously larger.

i m just stating the experience i had with this turbo. u may call or do more research on it by contacting the original thread starter. i will post more tuning, success or failure as i go along. good luck and happy tuning.

WILDACEX187
11-05-2007, 05:35 PM
yea i emailed them. they said that reclocking is not necessary. thank u gonna start saving for it

vosko
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
what size in MM is the turbine wheel. i want to compare to my current td06

nismo-joe
11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
so if we sign up now for the turbo, how long are we looking at waiting to get one?

turboboost12004
11-10-2007, 02:04 PM
i know im saving up for one, i jus hope its around long enough to get one.....much better that the s15 turbo, and the gtrs..power wise...and that torque is amazing.....lol

WILDACEX187
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
s15 is only good up to 300whp. this as u can see is good for alot more

v-empire
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
please contact forced performance for the details.

its my duty to post my experiences up.
my recommendation is that you get your motor ready to handle higher boost as precaution. at lower boost, it may seem 'laggy' compared to gt2871 but the power is easily reached.

when we turned the boost up to 24 psi and up, the spool up was as quick and jumped alot higher and harder comparing to a smaller trim turbo we tested, i want to say a hks gt2340? i have to find the dyno chart.

i will try to get another dyno tune with more motor prep and maybe running it at 27psi. but at this time car runs great and we are not messing with the setup as the car has to be at D1GP World All Stars (rep for Thailand!) for competition and we may redo the motor during completely off season.

good luck.
and happy boosting!

WILDACEX187
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
any other zilvia members have experience with this?

Max_PSi
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM

If your turbo itself is leaking, then it sounds to me like you need an inline oil restrictor. Phase2 sells them. Some turbo applications require this. If you feed too much oil to the turbo, you'll blow the internal seals. Requiring a re-build.

I suggest that if your gripe with FP is not settled, please take this to the reviews section. Although your feedback is important, it really shouldn't be discussed in their GB.

ichibans13.5
11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
or a turbo will leak if not clocked with the feed on top and drain on bottom.
found this on JUNs website
SPECIAL CIRCUIT MACHINE

JUN Hyper Lemon Silvia is a vehicle which broke the one minute barrier with S tires first as Silvia in the Tsukuba circuit. It put into practice using the parts made from FRP, the weight of a body was reduced, and car weight is dropped to 1098kg. Engine is tuned up to full to the inside. Turbine is TD06SH 20G-10. When boost 1.3km/cm2, Max output 520ps. The front brake caliper was exchanged for 6pot(s) made from ENDLESS, and required braking power is also secured in the circuit. Good time record is carried out also in the circuit of every place.

slideways2004
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
how long is this price going to last for?? b/c on the website its listed as $1045. what is the price for us on zilvia??

Jesses240
11-14-2007, 12:40 AM
How many slots need to be filled until the GB is over...

I am interested but I don't want to wait.

boyou2
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM
hi there,

here's my personal experience:i'm living in france,and a friend of mine is selling these turbos

i installed this to a friend's sr20det s14,his specs are:

HKS super dragger cat-back exhaust
Biki
750cc
q45 AFM
A'pexi filter
Greddy elbow
Hybrid FMIC
Coppermix clutch
and HKS down pipe
plxr500
and a AVCR

so,as i said,i installed it,and it's quiet a bolt-on turbo,it's a little bigger than a classical t28(approximatly 5mm bigger than a t28),journal bearing,the only thing that you must be carefull,it's about the SS lines(oil and water),because the central part of the turbo is an IHI one,not a Garrett,so it's a special SSlines order you have to do,for the rest,it's like any turbos installation.

For the SSlines,if i can say you what you have to order:1x90° exit plug for water,a 120° is better,a longer water line,'cause the compressor is a bit bigger,so you have more distance to do,1x90° water entry and approximatly 25/30cm long,and 1 size bigger Banjo for oil entry(as i said,it will be better to order SSlines AFTER you receive the turbo ;) )

oh yeah,also,be careful to use a very good quality gasket for the elbow,because,in the 1st page's picture,where the elbow is standing,there's no place enough between the inside and the outside:http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4884/ntnissan20g6sl22gw4.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ntnissan20g6sl22gw4.jpg)

it's a very thin part.another point,the oil return which comes with the turbo is not adapted,so i had to use the t28's one,and put it on the td06,with a minor mod',and it was all right.But my friend who sold it,did a feedback to the enginneer's,and they're going to change these negative points

so,now,the result:

a very good efficiency,it spool at 3200rpm,and full boost at 3800rpm,at approximatly 14psi,and it's during since 7k/7.5krpm

we raced together,i was with my old Honda CBR600,and he totally bitted me,from 90km/h to 240km/h,with the stock ignition timing,amazing thing.

some pictures to compare the td06 and the t28(sorry for the quality) :

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2521/image039pi2dd3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4554/image043ka8lq4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

the only bad thing:

a month later,the actuator of the waste-gate died,but the warranty was here,so,he get a new one a week after.

more than words,some pictures:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/738/image040ut9mz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7839/image041hm6ni7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/874/image044gw5bw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/718/image045dw0fd1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3574/image000xm7og9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8656/image001mt4yn8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

NOTE>the 2 last pictures,you can see an SSAutoshit elbow,it was for a test,and was garbaged ^^

so,i hope that my remarks won't be taken as an offense,or something like that,i think it was an objective report of what you have to expect from this turbo and his installation.

see ya,and Bonjour de la France :bigok:

v-empire
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
thanks. ^^ we swapped out the wastegate actuator the next day for an hks one also..

i spoke to them briefly a week or two ago and i did ask about the pricing and the group buys.

just call them up and they should take care of you with the pricing.

i think its just how many sets they have for the initial runs, probably about 15 or so turbos that's left on their shelves ready to go.. once the whole run is sold out from the shelf, i think the 'group buy' ends...so call them up and tell them Tiger Racing recommended to call.

Muad-Dib
11-16-2007, 03:52 AM
Hi guys,
I'm boyou2's friend , it's my turbo on photo.
I blown the second actuator in 60km again.
I'm directly dealing with a guys who speak whith the boss of the factory, he says that actuator's diaphragm are made by dupont. He don't understand why they break, he will cut my old one to do an autopsy.
Do you now if HKS t28 actuator are bolt on?

WILDACEX187
11-16-2007, 10:25 PM
try bolting on the actuator from the turbo in the pix. if that fits then the hks will.

boyou2
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
we ain't gat it yet,it was sold

SuicidnS13
11-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Great looking turbo from the sound of things!!!

Papo240
11-18-2007, 09:06 AM
20G all the way, 280whp at 11psi

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/papyol/DSC00176-1.jpg

Tearlessj
11-19-2007, 01:38 PM
What manifold is that?

turboboost12004
11-20-2007, 01:21 PM
if i purchase some taka oil lines then will these work with the turbo?

Replace the hard to work with factory turbo lines on S13 T25 turbo to Earls' steel braided lines. Lines includes coolant in, coolant return, oil in line and aluminum washers. Works for all bottom mounted T25/28 and GT series turbos.Oil LineNew! all Taka oil line now comes with banjo fitting for the block to keep the stock restrictor bolt.

i am wondering if these will work.....sumone please let me know?
http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/s13srt25tuli.html

boyou2
11-21-2007, 10:46 AM
As i mentionned in my message>NO T25/T28 OR GARRET SS LINES WILL FIT TO THIS TURBO,the central "body" ( ? ) is an IHI style,so it will not work with Garrett's SS lines,it's a specific sizing

i don't how to explain that

banjos gots different size.....

you know what i mean??

slideways2004
11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
20G all the way, 280whp at 11psi

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/papyol/DSC00176-1.jpg

is that the greddy kit??

WILDACEX187
11-26-2007, 01:48 PM
i emailed forced performance about the lines and this is what they said

"I am not sure what size the stock lines are, but here are what the 20g uses:

Water Lines - 14mm x 1.5mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Feed Line - 10mm x 1.25mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Drain - Stock"

can anybody verify t25/28 ss lines fitting on here?

turboboost12004
11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
so whats going on with this gb?......so what ss lines can i get that will fit the turbo?

Def
12-04-2007, 11:32 PM
i emailed forced performance about the lines and this is what they said

"I am not sure what size the stock lines are, but here are what the 20g uses:

Water Lines - 14mm x 1.5mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Feed Line - 10mm x 1.25mm Banjo Bolt
Oil Drain - Stock"

can anybody verify t25/28 ss lines fitting on here?

The water lines are the same fitting size, but Garrett CHRA's have a 7/16" inverted flare oil feed, so you'll just need a 10mm x 1.25mm to -4(or whatever your oil line is) adapter. The only issue is that most places use that inverted flare fitting as a restrictor, so make sure you still have one that's probably 0.050-0.070" ID for a journal bearing turbo.

turboboost12004
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
The water lines are the same fitting size, but Garrett CHRA's have a 7/16" inverted flare oil feed, so you'll just need a 10mm x 1.25mm to -4(or whatever your oil line is) adapter. The only issue is that most places use that inverted flare fitting as a restrictor, so make sure you still have one that's probably 0.050-0.070" ID for a journal bearing turbo.

thanks DEF...thats all i needed to know......lol.....im going to order my x mas gift tommorow!!!!!

turboboost12004
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
i got mine today.... their costumer service was awsome......gud price for the turbo

Highboost180SX
12-07-2007, 03:25 PM
i got mine today.... their costumer service was awsome......gud price for the turbo

Did you get the groupbuy price?

turboboost12004
12-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Did you get the groupbuy price?

yeah..just mention that u saw it on ZILVIA.NET........

Highboost180SX
12-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Wicked La!!!

Berzerker
12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Does this turbo need to be water cooled and does that HKS acctuator actually fit? I might want to throw it on my ka instead of the s15 t28.....

jspecusa
12-10-2007, 03:03 AM
great turbo why?
1. last longer then ball bearing turbo
2. can hit higher boost then ball bearing turbo
3. bang for the buck hp
now you just need to make a cast iron manifold for KA to use this turbo and you have a great kit.
cheers,

sam

turboboost12004
12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
it is oil cooled.....journal bearings....last longer like jspec sed and its has a great potential to unlock the torque and hp on the ka!....cheers mate!...

boyou2
12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi guys,
I'm boyou2's friend , it's my turbo on photo.
I blown the second actuator in 60km again.
I'm directly dealing with a guys who speak whith the boss of the factory, he says that actuator's diaphragm are made by dupont. He don't understand why they break, he will cut my old one to do an autopsy.
Do you now if HKS t28 actuator are bolt on?

any answer????

turboboost12004
12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
yea its a bolt on......

v-empire
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
we ran this turbo for the skyline r32 with an sr20det last D1GP in Irwindale event, last month.

Car ran really fast. clocked fastest entry on Sunday's World All Star match, unfortunately, an axle snapped during tandem with JR. Gittin during the tandem battle and it ended up in the wall. not too bad of a fix. will be back with wide body.

i found some pics of the car with the 20G Turbo and "Sam Tiger".

Daijiro Inada loves the power and Sam's crazy entries :)

see you guys out there.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/d1gpskyline.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/SamTandemJR.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/daijirointerview.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/d1gpskyline2.jpghttp://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/D1gpcoopertirestiger-1.jpg

ForcedPerformance
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
There have been several questions regarding the group buy. This group is still active. You will need to contact myself or our other sales guy Aniel to place your order. Please mention you saw the group buy on this website and you will get the group buy price. To reach us, you can call these numbers:

Amber - 972-984-1800 ext. 100
Aniel - 972-984-1800 ext. 117

There is a bit of misinformation in this thread as the turbo that boyou2 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=54094) and Papo240 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=24721) have posted up are not our turbo. Our turbos do not have that blue tag on the front of the compressor housing.

Also, our turbos do not use an IHI bearing housing. Our turbos are a Mitsubishi based turbocharger.

As someone has already posted, you will need to purchase a stainless steel oil feed line as a stock SR20 oil feed line will not work. We sell the oil feed line for this turbo:

Nissan 20g Oil Feed Line (http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=FPMLSSNissan&Category_Code=Nissan-Turbo)

You reuse your 12mm banjo bolt where it fits to the block and you get a new 10mm x 1.25mm to fit our FP Nissan 20g turbocharger. The water lines and oil drain line should all bolt up the same as factory.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact Aniel or myself.

Thank you,
Amber

turboboost12004
12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
thanks amber for the info and clearing this up for us....i should get my oil line after the holidays....since im broke now!!!!!...hahaha

AntiVtec
12-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I was one of the first to purchase this turbo from this GB, and the had to install the turbo without any further assistance since you guys at FP left me hanging even after i sent you pics you requested. The water lines are the same fitting size, but only one oem hardline can be reused (the one that goes to the back of the block) but get all ss lines if possible. However, to reuse the oem line first you have to clock the turbo slightly by first drilling a new copressor housing pin hole and clocking so the center cartridge is perfectly vertical as it should be from the manufacturer. The oil feed is 10x1.25 to w/e AN adapt. your using. The t25 oil drain flange can be used but you have to modify the bolt holes and get smaller bolts, plus the tube hits the steering rack so you cut it and make a custom hose. The turbo pulls decent above 16psi, but my freinds car with the 2871r .86 and same tune pulls me by a little: both cars at 18psi and my car is lighter. Peace.

GSXRJJordan
12-20-2007, 03:37 PM
^^^ Normally I'd leave this alone, and I'm sorry that you feel you got "burned" by FP because they didn't hold your hand through what you imagined to be a bolt-on install, but the reasons you gave for this turbo not being perfect are pretty lame.

The info you posted is helpful to anyone, like yourself, that didn't research the swap first. But I have to ask, why would you try to re-use the shitty hardlines anyway?

Lastly, the TD06-20G has WAY more headroom than the .86 2871R - if you and your buddy both have stock intake manifolds and cams, that might be what's limiting you both, but your turbo can do about another 80hp on top of that 2871.

ROIDMONKEY
12-20-2007, 03:50 PM
ok im all sell with this turbo . im calling tomorrow to order it but first i want to make sure i have everything everything i need for my install so we dont get into troubles the day of installation . im ordering the TAKA lines for the SR and the oil feed line from FP , what else do i need to order

GSXRJJordan
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
That should do it. You might have to play around with your intake/intercooler piping, because the FP turbo places them a little differently than a t25 or t28. Let us know how it goes, and post pics of the install!

ROIDMONKEY
12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
That should do it. You might have to play around with your intake/intercooler piping, because the FP turbo places them a little differently than a t25 or t28. Let us know how it goes, and post pics of the install!
I will post pics bro thanks , Im running a T28 right now making 300whp at 18PSI ( HKS 272 cams,740cc inj, and a Neo afc for now untill my power FC comes back from repair, taking foreever damn japannese :))
hoping to be on 380whp with more room on turbo for future engine upgrade

WILDACEX187
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
should do 400 hp with your mods me thinks

ROIDMONKEY
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
couldnt wait till tomorrow , just ordered :)

turboboost12004
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM
i need a manifold......lol cant wait to install

boyou2
12-24-2007, 05:10 AM
yea its a bolt on......

thx for the answer :love:

ForcedPerformance,sorry for the misinformation,i thought it was the same turbo,BTW,main points are the same i think(oil and water feed lines,etc)

AntiVtec
12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
^^^ Normally I'd leave this alone, and I'm sorry that you feel you got "burned" by FP because they didn't hold your hand through what you imagined to be a bolt-on install, but the reasons you gave for this turbo not being perfect are pretty lame.

The info you posted is helpful to anyone, like yourself, that didn't research the swap first. But I have to ask, why would you try to re-use the shitty hardlines anyway?

Lastly, the TD06-20G has WAY more headroom than the .86 2871R - if you and your buddy both have stock intake manifolds and cams, that might be what's limiting you both, but your turbo can do about another 80hp on top of that 2871.

First of all i did research the install and even spoke with them personally and they told me it was direct bolt on besides the oil line. I am not new to turbo installs and its not impossible to install i just dont like to be lied to: i told them i was short on time and needed something simple. Also having to open and drill into my brand new turbo voids the warranty so thats the only thing i wanted them to take care of, not hold my hand thru the whole thing. They said they would fix after i sent them pics and then ignored me. Once they have your money and number your screwed. Theres another guy they screwed ealier in this post. So dont talk about people like ME when you dont know me. Im sharing my honest experience for others. The turbo might have more headroom than the 2871 but for people on a budget like me and my freind, the 2871 pulls harder. So i dont know who your bangin at FP but dont try to save their rep by making me look like an idiot.:fawkd:

GSXRJJordan
12-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Hahaha, sadly, not gettin any play from anyone at FP. I don't even own one. But I was thinking this would be a great alternative to a top mount T3 50trim, because it has the same headroom and a much simpler (bottom mount) setup. My hat's off to you AntiVtec for completing the swap and coming back to comment :)

onefst240
12-27-2007, 02:18 PM
What inlet pieces would i need to use for the 20g?? intake-turbo and hot pipe-turbo inlet pipes. THanks

turboboost12004
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
i think you can use the ones from the t28....

AntiVtec
12-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Hahaha, sadly, not gettin any play from anyone at FP. I don't even own one. But I was thinking this would be a great alternative to a top mount T3 50trim, because it has the same headroom and a much simpler (bottom mount) setup. My hat's off to you AntiVtec for completing the swap and coming back to comment :)
Cool, and if you wanna use this turbo to its full potential it needs big boost and cams so if you have money to build your motor then yes this will poop on the 2871r. If you dont have the $ for a built motor then maybe you should look for something different or wait till you can build it up.
Oh and by the way nice bike.
Laz.

AntiVtec
12-28-2007, 07:04 AM
i think you can use the ones from the t28....

I used a t28 compressor inlet pipe and 45 deree silicon coupler from the hot pipe to a t28 compressor outlet pipe. But i had to cut about 2" off the inlet pipe and flared it to prevent the coupler from blowing off on boost.
Hope this helps,
Laz.

ROIDMONKEY
12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
well im waiting for UPS today for the 20G i ordered last week , I do have HKS cams 272 and stock internals no planing on going over 400 just close to it for now .im also doing a custom manifold TOP mount for better flow . will let u guys know,

onefst240
12-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anybody know where i can get the compressor inlet and oulet flanges? I can just make my own piping to go to my intake and intercooler. Thanks in advance

turboboost12004
12-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Does anybody know where i can get the compressor inlet and oulet flanges? I can just make my own piping to go to my intake and intercooler. Thanks in advance

i saw some online but cant remember where.........lol....

onefst240
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
completely stock sr20det
no springs/no retainers
stock head gasket/studs.
FMIC

What are you tuning it with??

v-empire
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM
^ that car was tuned with power fc.

v-empire
01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
the R32 skyline is on a ship on its way to Hawaii.

those around the area and going to the event, please come say hi.

u can ask as many questions about this SR20det Forced Performance 20G turbo setup while we are there, our likes, dislikes, characteristics we have experienced etc....

we will be going up against a few FormulaD drivers, and the best drifters of hawaii....... wish us luck.

ATL drift style ...wooo!

venue and date info below:

http://racinginhawaii.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162

Sam Tiger Racing will be piloting the car

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/20070701_0131.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/2007_Nopi_ATL_Teasers_Day1_598.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/tigerskylinedrift.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/forcedperformance2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/forcedperformace.jpg

v-empire
01-16-2008, 08:27 AM
few Hawaiians asked about the Turbo and car setup and car being there,
so here is an update for those in hawaii, planning on coming to the event.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/EventPoster-WorldChallenge-Flat.jpg

car currently sitting at the ticket office

and will be moved to a walmart, then to a k mart then to a mall.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/100_7738.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/redempire16/100_7722.jpg

turboboost12004
01-26-2008, 10:11 PM
awsome....i still got to get a manifold and the oil lines and the little filter that goes with it......but im in the process of getting a sc300....thats why im selling my 240sx hatch,.......

ROIDMONKEY
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
just finished the installation of the 20g here is some pics. going to dyno today so i bring results later
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/Ajfina/IMG_0471.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/Ajfina/IMG_0470.jpg

WILDACEX187
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
pls tells us your specs also.

slideways2004
02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
roidmonkey, it looks like your water lines bolted up and you used an adapter for the oil. also what kind of manifold are you using?? did you make the downpipe or bought it prebuilt?? your setup looks really good and i want to copy it

turboboost12004
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
nice set up man

ROIDMONKEY
02-13-2008, 10:40 PM
roidmonkey, it looks like your water lines bolted up and you used an adapter for the oil. also what kind of manifold are you using?? did you make the downpipe or bought it prebuilt?? your setup looks really good and i want to copy it
going to find out all the fitting we used to tell u, the water line its hook up on the water pump pipe. they drilled a hole there and put a fitting . instead of going behind block.
i posted the results here http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=1833445#post1833445

cisco240
02-13-2008, 10:52 PM
What are the differences between this 20G and the 20G that comes in the Greddy turbo kit for the KA 240SX?

GSXRJJordan
02-14-2008, 12:15 PM
The 20G on the KA kit is probably a TD05 - smaller, less hp. I can't see them throwing a ~480hp turbo on a stock KA's kit.

cisco240
02-14-2008, 12:45 PM
The 20G on the KA kit is probably a TD05 - smaller, less hp. I can't see them throwing a ~480hp turbo on a stock KA's kit.

No, I know it's a TD06SH 20G. Supposed to be capable of 450hp. Injectors from the kit aren't capable but the turbo is.

GSXRJJordan
02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Interesting, probably the 8cm wheel vs. the available 10cm wheel here, but wow. Go Greddy.