PDA

View Full Version : THE Gran Turismo thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, it's inevitable. GT5 is going to come out within the next year and the suspense is killing me like a fat kid waiting for his cake. Prologue is set to release in October this year and their will be online play. I'm really excited to use the new wheel with gearbox, in-car views, 16 cars vs. old school 6 cars per race, EVERYTHING. I have nothing else to say...until later.

Here's the latest update on it from ign.com

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/813/813424p1.html

It's like waiting for the next transformers movie haha!

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
i doubt it will come out within a year

anyone remember GT for the PSP ?

slothonaleash
08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
damnit....my brother is taking his ps3 to his dorm this year

exitspeed
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
i doubt it will come out within a year

anyone remember GT for the PSP ?

My guess is late 08, so a year from now. That's a pretty educated guess. If I was going to go towards the unrealistic side, I'd say Spring 08. But I know that's not gonna happen.

The fact that Prologue is coming in Oct, means they are pretty far along in development. And Prologue is also a Online Demo of sorts to see how their online system holds up.

Kinda like what they just did with the Halo 3 demo.

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 12:01 PM
true true but we will see

they can always run into problems

Drunk Bastard
08-17-2007, 12:01 PM
i hope the drifting is like in gt3 and not like in gt4

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 12:02 PM
The only thing I'm going to hate about online play is, no matter how confident I am with the game, there will always be those prick hacker/cheater players to taint with online record.

And about the drifting, I'm sure it's not going to be like GT3. It was a bit improved though if you tried out the GTHD demo. I wasn't digging the scoring system with the distracting sounds and flag display, but waaay better than GT4 that's for sure.

exitspeed
08-17-2007, 12:05 PM
true true but we will see

they can always run into problems

AND, PD usually does. ;)

Which is why I'm sticking with my concervative date og Holiday Season 08.

I'm pretty good with making educated guesses when it comes to the game industry.

I made a $100 bet with my uncle Wii would surpass 360 worldwide by September.

And well:

0.43M Japan
6.69M America
3.31M Others
10.43M
Wii
41.7%
3.39M Japan
4.15M America
2.87M Others
10.41M
41.6%

Right now Wii is selling 200k more units/week then the 360. So by Next week it's a done deal.

Yesterday he asked me where I wanted my gift certificate at?

The only thing I'm going to hate about online play is, no matter how confident I am with the game, there will always be those prick hacker/cheater players to taint with online record.

That's why you form a small league like I do and only race with this people. This way you avoid "the douche".

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
wii sucks

i could care less how much it sells

but lets look at the software sales lol

people buying wiis are parents for their little kids :)

exitspeed
08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
wii sucks

i could care less how much it sells

but lets look at the software sales lol

people buying wiis are parents for their little kids :)

Huh...almost everyone one of my friends have one...Almost non of them are parents or kids. I'm certainly neither.

We won't get into that debate though. :)

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
naw we wont.

im just a big wii hater lol

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
That's why you form a small league like I do and only race with this people. This way you avoid "the douche".

I'm down to create a Zilvia GT league!

wootwoot
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
naw we wont.

im just a big wii hater lol

I'm sorry that you do not have the skill and hand control to master the art of Wii golf..Maybe if you keep practicing

I've been playing Live for Speed recently at my friends and holy hell...I want that exact thing with more people and all of the GrandTurismo courses. Shit is f'n sweet. Just not a lot of cars or courses. Handling dynamics are pretty accurate though

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
id rather play a realistic golf game on my ps3 or 360

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 12:33 PM
^^ actually, the wii sports golf game is pretty fun.

To stay on topic tho, i hope they have the nomenclature for the nissans right this time. For GT3 and GT4, they had the S13 fastback named the "240sx" when it was a "turbo" car AND it was rhd. I know it's a small detail to overlook, but it urks me! I know it's not gonna happen, but that'd be awesome if they add the zenki 180sx. PIGNOSE FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exitspeed
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
id rather play a realistic golf game on my ps3 or 360

Hhee, realistic as in using a anolog stick to swing a club rather then making a actual swinging motion? heheh.

Ok, lets stop now.

I've been a Nintendo fanboy ever since well...I was a boy. I own both 360 and Wii, and I'll be buying a PS3 as soon as MGS, GT, and GTA4 come out.

Wii is fun though. I love the fact it has the virtual console so I can buy all my old favorites.

illvialuver
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
i think this was about gt5 and not about the nintindo wii.
as soon as i finish my car, i think ill have to buy a ps3 just for that game, does anyone know if there will be customization to cars other than wheels?
like on other game systems?
the graphics are the best ive seen in a driving game, but i could honestly car less about driving ferrarri, im not tyrign to be a hater, but it is nice to have more cars to choose from and 16 peope to race against other than just 6 is cool too.

LongGrain
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
i thought GT4 sucked ass. IMO forza was way better. not looking forward to GT5

exitspeed
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
i think this was about gt5 and not about the nintindo wii.
as soon as i finish my car, i think ill have to buy a ps3 just for that game, does anyone know if there will be customization to cars other than wheels?
like on other game systems?
the graphics are the best ive seen in a driving game, but i could honestly car less about driving ferrarri, im not tyrign to be a hater, but it is nice to have more cars to choose from and 16 peope to race against other than just 6 is cool too.

they have not revealed that fully at this point. To answer your question.

bboyt3nsk
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Good link!

I WILL be buying a PS3 for this game. I just REALLY hope they get the sound right this time. The cockpit view looks cool, itll be the closest thing ill ever get to driving a ferrari or caterham. Im excited though!

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
i thought GT4 sucked ass. IMO forza was way better. not looking forward to GT5

Forza was WAAAY too easy. Forza 2 was alright, but still easy.

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
i always thought GT4 was the easy one compared to forza or 2

you can wall ride every turn, very unrealistic.

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
^^^ why would you wallride a turn anyways? attempting to drive unrealistically is defeating the purpose of "simulation." I'm sure you can wallride, knock AI's offtrack, take shortcuts in Forza also.

Unholy S14
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
try to wall ride in forza and u will see realism.

Forte EXE
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I bet most of you guys who say GT4 sucked played with a controller. Its a simulation game, it is recommended you play with the Logitech Driving Force pro. And Forza and Forza 2 was horrible. Cant wait till GT5 comes out. ONLINE BABIIIE!

TheSquidd
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I bet most of you guys who say GT4 sucked played with a controller. Its a simulation game, it is recommended you play with the Logitech Driving Force pro. And Forza and Forza 2 was horrible. Cant wait till GT5 comes out. ONLINE BABIIIE!

Actually I played it with the logitech.

It didn't SUCK, it was an alright game, but it's really just lost a lot of it's luster after 5 iterations of the SAME game with new cars. It's like the difference between Madden 07 and Madden 08. It's still the same shit just prettier. They need a lot of help in this respect.

Forza I think was just overall more FUN.

Maybe the graphics sucked, and maybe the car selection wasn't all it could be, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the most fun games to play online (if you can find a good group of people).

Either way, as a racing fan, I look forward to every racing game with unnecessary optimism.

Dutchmalmiss
08-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Here's some pics courtesy of ign.com

replay of GT-R leading the pack
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/807/807856/gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102038344.jpg

15 cars in this one
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/807/807856/gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102028438.jpg

Shot of the Prologue menu w/ customizable background, calendar/time display, regional temp. Pretty cool.
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/813/813395/gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051552632.jpg

Another menu shot
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/813/813395/gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051500619.jpg

In-Dash view!
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/813/813395/gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051535305.jpg

More in-dash (looks like you can customize your glove color?)
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/813/813395/gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051503853.jpg

BOROSUN
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
well i just got my ps3 60gig so, im set. aka blueray player + 300 the movie + 1080p = gangsta.

20 gig is dead and 60gig is discontinued. replace with 80gig with emulated ps2 price shoots back to $600. it might be awhile again before it drops.

wootwoot
08-17-2007, 10:18 PM
FUCK YES for getting to drive Brands Hatch.

jrocslider
08-17-2007, 10:31 PM
damn.... GT5 already? with all the bullshit with GT4 coming out this will most likely be out early 08. its all good though cause i'll most likely have a PS3 by this time.

d*star180
08-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Any news on mods.......Im a ricer so i want some pimping ass aero on my shit. Probably never gonna happen in GT though, i guess its for the better though.

EDacIouSX
08-18-2007, 04:06 AM
i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchmalmiss
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm tryin to look for the article, but a representative of PD claimed that most, if not all, body parts were made separately and are thus detachable. This was early in GT5 development, but I think he was "hinting" towards damage and MAYBE aero enhancement.

jilo
08-18-2007, 12:56 PM
faak i was just talking about how buying a system for one game is a bad idea, looks like ill be eating my words soon.

Unholy S14
08-18-2007, 05:36 PM
the producer of GT has already said that there will be no damage.

sorry.

Diabolical
08-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Highly doubt every single car will have cockpit view

undesiredshoe
08-19-2007, 12:13 AM
There should be a game where you can choose cr ratios for your pistons, change out stock cams for longer duration cams for power or just a cool sounding idle, different size turbos so i can use a sr t25 on a corvette, add drag slicks, choose different tire sizes, different wheel widths and sizes/offsets, different sounding bov's, tune your car on a dyno and control your afrs and timing with the possibility of running to lean/too much timing, control how much boost you want to run, control meth/nitrous injection via rpm switch, efan switch at certain temperatures, coolant type, brake fluid type, different fuels, add cooling panels, sideskirts, origin aero, roll and pull fenders, and your car should be able to detonate due to bad tuning, overheat from bad water pumps or leaks, break spokes on wheels because you chose rota wheels and blow struts, because you could only afford stock replacements and not stance coilovers. Oh yeah there is a game like that, its called Reality.

Cam B
08-19-2007, 05:13 PM
There should be a game where you can choose cr ratios for your pistons, change out stock cams for longer duration cams for power or just a cool sounding idle, different size turbos so i can use a sr t25 on a corvette, add drag slicks, choose different tire sizes, different wheel widths and sizes/offsets, different sounding bov's, tune your car on a dyno and control your afrs and timing with the possibility of running to lean/too much timing, control how much boost you want to run, control meth/nitrous injection via rpm switch, efan switch at certain temperatures, coolant type, brake fluid type, different fuels, add cooling panels, sideskirts, origin aero, roll and pull fenders, and your car should be able to detonate due to bad tuning, overheat from bad water pumps or leaks, break spokes on wheels because you chose rota wheels and blow struts, because you could only afford stock replacements and not stance coilovers. Oh yeah there is a game like that, its called Reality.

Damn, thats a long ass sentence:keke:

Dutchmalmiss
08-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Just in case you haven't seen it yet. GT5's latest trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HjO12QbT4XU

exitspeed
08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Highly doubt every single car will have cockpit view

That's cause you are a moron. They are spending countless hours right now modeling every cars cockpit.

Mr. Skeptical.

BOROSUN
08-23-2007, 11:27 PM
i just dl the dirt demo. the car control is pretty good and crash/damages effects is good too.

im hoping for the same...i would love to smash a f430 to somebody's veyron or something. nascar style.

SimpleS14
08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn...it looks like I'm getting a PS3 next year. So far its Resistance, GT5, MSG4 and RE5 that I want for a PS3.

Dutchmalmiss
08-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Sweet, an off-screen demo of gameplay (1080p/60fps!)

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/949/949777/vids_1.html

And an interview between ign and THE man himself, Kazunori Yamauchi, talking about the interface, damage, etc.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/815/815772p1.html

Dutchmalmiss
09-07-2007, 10:55 AM
More vids including a features, garage, and another gameplay demo!

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/949/949777/vids_1.html

614duece40
09-07-2007, 05:22 PM
damn almost worth buying a ps3 and getting this almost!

BOROSUN
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
does anyone have the logictech g25 wheel working on the ps3?

im about to buy one...

D1GP
09-13-2007, 10:56 PM
i hope this one is better then gt4... they really need to focus on a smaller amount of cars and get rid of all the worthless ones that they include. computer AI was terrible in 4, id be driving my line and they push me off the track lol. also a big improvement would be to get better sound effects of the cars. they all sound the same and mods do very little to change the note. race exhaust, turbo spoolage, and bov would really make the gameplay a lot more interesting.

PRADOgy
09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Actually I played it with the logitech.

It didn't SUCK, it was an alright game, but it's really just lost a lot of it's luster after 5 iterations of the SAME game with new cars. It's like the difference between Madden 07 and Madden 08. It's still the same shit just prettier. They need a lot of help in this respect.

Forza I think was just overall more FUN.

Maybe the graphics sucked, and maybe the car selection wasn't all it could be, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the most fun games to play online (if you can find a good group of people).

Either way, as a racing fan, I look forward to every racing game with unnecessary optimism.

The only thing forza had going was the drifting and the engine swaps.. thats it.. GT is waaay outa there league .. and i mean way on top..

exitspeed
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
does anyone have the logictech g25 wheel working on the ps3?

im about to buy one...

I wish. I have the DFP and will be using that. :2f2f: I'll post pics of my set-up soon.

SimpleS14
09-20-2007, 03:49 PM
This is quite interesting.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/20/nissan-gt-r-will-debut-in-gran-turismo-5-as-downloadable-car/

steve shadows
09-20-2007, 05:02 PM
looks like im going to need a ps3

Dutchmalmiss
09-20-2007, 09:39 PM
This is quite interesting.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/20/nissan-gt-r-will-debut-in-gran-turismo-5-as-downloadable-car/

This is gonna be awesome, along with the LONG overdue dual shock 3 debut.

Tops*
09-21-2007, 12:54 AM

Dude, I HAVE this game. I bought it used for $11k and there was already a saved game on it with 6.25% completion so I just started off there. I read the reviews before I bought it and the only bad part about this game is that there's no restarting if you fuck up, it's just straight up game over. That and there's a daily subscription you have to pay (it's like $3/22 miles you play or some shit like that). The AI drivers in the game are pretty realistic and propose a challenge in all events. Game's REALLY similar to Test Drive Unlimited, but even better! I highly recommend this game to everyone. :D

Dunkee
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Cockpit view gets old real quick. Here's one of the demo vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lCSz1mtAw

Sound needs tons of work before matching anything close to real life..there sure is a lot of blind faith in this game. Pretty graphics ain't everything. PD is gonna have to bring something else to the table to pull Sony out of the shithole they're in. And that GT TV they keep talking about so far is just commercials?! $40 for a demo that should be free..no thank you.

Yuri
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Game's REALLY similar to Test Drive Unlimited, but even better! I highly recommend this game to everyone. :D

Yeah, I've had Test Drive Unlimited: Real Life for a few months now.
I've been really impressed by it, I mean, check out the improvement in graphics.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/Yuri%20projects/Jaguar/NFSJag.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/Yuri%20projects/Jaguar/NFSreallife.jpg
It's lots of fun, but I do have some complaints.
1. You actually have to pay for gas and maintence.
2. Even though it has an awesome damage model, most of the time, you have to deal with the police because of it.
3. Police AI is too much improved, and individual police units don't show up on your navigation screen.
4. It's too hard to earn money, my garage only has 3 cars, and I don't even own a house yet.
5.Too much traffic makes it hard to really wring the performance out of your cars.
6. I've been playing this game for 6 months, and still haven't been able to pick up a hitchhiking Supermodel. :duh:

Dutchmalmiss
09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
^^ fuck, that's pretty whack if the "driver" isn't physically shifting or pulling the hand-brake.

on a side note, i was playing DiRT for the ps3 and the in-cabin views are AMAZING.

TheWolf
09-24-2007, 08:08 PM
realistic race sim's are already out.. it's called GTR 2! The only game really with a working clutch that you have to feather and a gearshifter support implemented. I liked GT2/GT3 and GT4. But the collecting cars thing has to stop. it's a game but I'd rather drive a race car on a race track than some lame ass fiat FWD 2L car to try and win some prize cup.. to advance another round. samething over and over again.. game play just isn't there

Dutchmalmiss
10-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Uh oh. Prologue demo is already out in Japan.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/828/828359p1.html

Perhaps we can go to the Japanese Playstation store and get some of this action? I'm SOOO not partying tomorrow.

Dutchmalmiss
10-20-2007, 02:56 AM
GT5 Prologue: Demo is out NOW

Only thing is, you need a Japan Playstation Store account. Here's a link to show you how to sign up for it.

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

have fun

PS: It's only available from today until November 11th, so don't wait.

If anyone can translate Japanese, that would be great because I don't know how to progress haha. Also, what's the option that's under transmission selection when selecting a car?

Gnnr
10-21-2007, 03:58 AM
From the IGN interview...

Will customization be reflected in a car's physical appearance?
Down the road, yes. Right now, no. Yamauchi said that one of the main benefits to developing this title on the PS3 is that the system is powerful enough to craft detailed cars with realistic features inside and out. Cars are built piece by piece, which means changing individual bumpers and hoods is something -- like vehicle damage -- that they can see in the future as part of a system update.

So does that mean they'll offer damage and body mods through and online update for the PS3 or something?

Dutchmalmiss
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
GT5 Prologue was released on the 13th last week in Japan. It's available to purchase as a download or a hardcopy. You can get it online here http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-Gran+Turismo+5+Prologue-70-2bns.html. Don't worry, it's not a region-locked disc, so it'll play on our US ps3's.

Here are the tracks:

Superspeedway - Daytona International Speedway
The Road Course - Daytona International Speedway
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Eiger Nordwand (Forward)
Eiger Nordwand (Reverse)
London (Forward)
London (Reverse)

and the CARS:

Acura
Acura NSX '91

Alfa Romeo
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06
Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 JTS Q4 '06

Audi
R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '07

BMW
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW Z4 3.0i '03 BMW M3 Coupe '08

Chevrolet
Corvette Z06 (C6) '07

Daihatsu
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07

Dodge
Dodge Viper GTS '02

Ferrari
Ferrari F430 '06 Ferrari 599 '07

Ford
Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07

Honda
Integra TYPE R (DC5)

Lancia
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

Lexus
Lexus IS F '07

Lotus
Elise Sport 190 '96 Elise 111R

Mazda
ATENZA Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)

Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (R230) '02

Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium '07

Nissan
SKYLINE GT-R Vspec II Nur (R34) Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP (V36) Skyline Coupe Concept Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP (V36) GT-R Proto GT-R (R35)

Renault
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 '00

Subaru
Subaru Impreza WRX STi '07

Suzuki
Suzuki Swift Sport '07 Cappuccino (EA21R)

TVR
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

Volkswagen
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01

ONYX S-13
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
But the collecting cars thing has to stop. it's a game but I'd rather drive a race car on a race track than some lame ass fiat FWD 2L car to try and win some prize cup.. to advance another round. samething over and over again.. game play just isn't there

I totally agree.. I don't see why any of those companies (Fiat/dihatsu(sp?)/and the like) are even in the game.. Even FULLY built a stock CRX will compete/beat them..

Instead take those companies out of the game and put added memory (<-- I'm not sure if that's the right word to use, but I think you get the idea) towards something else that will actually make the game better. Not worse.

jeeper_x
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
do you know why Daihatsu is in GT series?......

Toyota basically owns 51% of Daihatsu......just some market scheme and we need the compact class races in GT series, right?....haha

do you know why Fiat is in GT series?......

Fiat Group is the largest automobile manufacturer in Italy and used to dominated the WRC back in the late 70s and early 80s......

illvialuver
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
if they keep making the games realistic I think alot of poor people would rather stay at home and buy a ps3 and play a video game vs spending thousands on end to build your daily into a dd and a track car, and to pay for all that shit.

If it gets any more real dmv might start charging for registration for the cars you drive in the games.(jk)

90KAcoupe
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
GT5 Prologue was released on the 13th last week in Japan. It's available to purchase as a download or a hardcopy. You can get it online here http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-Gran+Turismo+5+Prologue-70-2bns.html. Don't worry, it's not a region-locked disc, so it'll play on our US ps3's.

Here are the tracks:

Superspeedway - Daytona International Speedway
The Road Course - Daytona International Speedway
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Eiger Nordwand (Forward)
Eiger Nordwand (Reverse)
London (Forward)
London (Reverse)

and the CARS:

Acura
Acura NSX '91

Alfa Romeo
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06
Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 JTS Q4 '06

Audi
R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '07

BMW
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW Z4 3.0i '03 BMW M3 Coupe '08

Chevrolet
Corvette Z06 (C6) '07

Daihatsu
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07

Dodge
Dodge Viper GTS '02

Ferrari
Ferrari F430 '06 Ferrari 599 '07

Ford
Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07

Honda
Integra TYPE R (DC5)

Lancia
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

Lexus
Lexus IS F '07

Lotus
Elise Sport 190 '96 Elise 111R

Mazda
ATENZA Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)

Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG (R230) '02

Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium '07

Nissan
SKYLINE GT-R Vspec II Nur (R34) Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP (V36) Skyline Coupe Concept Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP (V36) GT-R Proto GT-R (R35)

Renault
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 '00

Subaru
Subaru Impreza WRX STi '07

Suzuki
Suzuki Swift Sport '07 Cappuccino (EA21R)

TVR
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

Volkswagen
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01

are those the cars on the demo or the actual game car list?? this would take all the fun out of the GT games.. i love having cheap cars that i have modded and setup well enough i can beat all the highend racecars.

oh and on the game.. u shouldnt be able to have TCS on a s13 or anything like that.. if the car didnt come with it.. u cant get it on the game.. thats just my opinion.

Tearlessj
12-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Its for Prologue. Not the full game.

Nachtmensch
12-18-2007, 02:40 AM
anyone have a coupon code for play-asia? im gonna buy it

TheWolf
12-18-2007, 08:23 AM
someone record a lap around the daytona road course... want to seee!!!!

Dutchmalmiss
12-18-2007, 11:13 AM
anyone have a coupon code for play-asia? im gonna buy it

Damn, I shouldve looked around for that, haha! I was so excited I couldn't contain myself and just bought it on the spot.

Gnnr
12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I can't believe they're charging for demos! I remember when they came free with magazines or you could pick them up at a local game shop for free. Or am I misunderstanding this?

I don't own a PS3 yet, I'm waiting on this to come out. But if I did I be trying to figure out if I could get a pirated version of this...have they figured that out yet on the PS3? I claim ignorance on this one....

Dutchmalmiss
12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
I can't believe they're charging for demos! I remember when they came free with magazines or you could pick them up at a local game shop for free. Or am I misunderstanding this?

I don't own a PS3 yet, I'm waiting on this to come out. But if I did I be trying to figure out if I could get a pirated version of this...have they figured that out yet on the PS3? I claim ignorance on this one....

I understand your thoughts on this. Although, any sort of ordinary demo gives you no sense of accomplishment or completion after playing it, this is more like a GT5 "lite" where you can still earn money to buy cars, pass driving missions, play others online, etc. I'm pretty sure that with whatever was accomplished with Prologue can be transferred to the actual GT5 just like the credit and license transfer capability from GT3 to GT4. I do agree that the price is a little steep for a minigame of a game.

Dutchmalmiss
01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Alright I got some good playing time on GT5 Prologue, and might I say it's coming along VERY nicely. The physics are greatly improved, and here it is.....DRIFTING IS BACK. They've intensely changed the handling so it's as fun as it was in GT3. The in-cabin views are improved with better light/shade effects. Each car's interior looks SO precisely detailed. The driver now actually moves his hand to shift, and it all looks good drifting in this view haha! The new London track isn't all amazing to drive on, but good GOD the visuals/landscaping/everything are amazing! The only thing is, it's still all in japanese, so i can't quite figure out how to connect and start racing online. As far as the events, they're not as challenging as I hoped to be. Some of the events are better recognized as the mission races from GT4. You also start with 3,500,000 credits so there isn't much to buy right off the bat other than the Alfa Romeo 147 and Integra (cars are mostly 3,700,000 and up). All in all, if you're an avid GT fan, this is a great package to try to import or download online via a japanese network account.

PRADOgy
01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Drifting is as fun as it was in GT3. .

Oh ill be first in line for this for sure now!

exitspeed
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Once a real release date for GT5 is announced I will plan to buy a PS3.

Dutchmalmiss
01-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Once a real release date for GT5 is announced I will plan to buy a PS3.

Hey, speaking of PS3's, I found this nice site where you can get the shell of the system (other systems as well) professionally coated for around $100. The quality looks awesome!

http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-99-playstation-3.aspx

ronmcdon
01-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I totally agree.. I don't see why any of those companies (Fiat/dihatsu(sp?)/and the like) are even in the game.. Even FULLY built a stock CRX will compete/beat them..

Instead take those companies out of the game and put added memory (<-- I'm not sure if that's the right word to use, but I think you get the idea) towards something else that will actually make the game better. Not worse.

Agreed. I think there's far too much emphasis on having too many cars. Even if its a fast car, you really don't need 12 different variations on the R34 Skyline. That's redundant and uninteresting. I'd much rather have more tracks and different types of events. If they had some of the local tracks like Willow Springs and Buttonwillow, that would make me very happy. Also, a more interactive career mode thats even more involving with the tuning would be desirable.

As fun as the GT series may be, it's come to be very formulaic. It felt like every sequel was barely a more polished rehash of the original. It's still a good game no less imo, but it's getting old.

exitspeed
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
^
I too would like to see a more advanced career mode. Where you earn spongers, maybe budget money for different things. Not a full out Simcity meets GT, but somewhat.

Dutchmalmiss
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
^
I too would like to see a more advanced career mode. Where you earn spongers, maybe budget money for different things. Not a full out Simcity meets GT, but somewhat.

Funny you should say that, because with the release of "Home" (sort of like Sony's version of Sims or Second Life) for the Playstation network, they'll be somehow working hand in hand with each other when connected. For example, in your virtual home, the car you select in GT5 may be in your garage at your virtual home. You can probably set up a room with various trophies you've won, add posters of photos you've taken from photo mode from the game, or meet other people and see if they want to race. The possibilities seem endless.

ONYX S-13
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Even if its a fast car, you really don't need 12 different variations on the R34 Skyline. That's redundant and uninteresting. I'd much rather have more tracks and different types of events..

Agreed..! Why would anyone ever need that? More tracks and details, better physics and or sound quality would make the game waaaayyyy better then what it is... Of course the BEST possible upgrade for me personally would be a better AI driver.. That alone would make the game 10X's better

HaLo
01-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Alright I got some good playing time on GT5 Prologue, and might I say it's coming along VERY nicely. The physics are greatly improved, and here it is.....DRIFTING IS BACK. They've intensely changed the handling so it's as fun as it was in GT3. The in-cabin views are improved with better light/shade effects. Each car's interior looks SO precisely detailed. The driver now actually moves his hand to shift, and it all looks good drifting in this view haha! The new London track isn't all amazing to drive on, but good GOD the visuals/landscaping/everything are amazing! The only thing is, it's still all in japanese, so i can't quite figure out how to connect and start racing online. As far as the events, they're not as challenging as I hoped to be. Some of the events are better recognized as the mission races from GT4. You also start with 3,500,000 credits so there isn't much to buy right off the bat other than the Alfa Romeo 147 and Integra (cars are mostly 3,700,000 and up). All in all, if you're an avid GT fan, this is a great package to try to import or download online via a japanese network account.

Got it on the 31st... played all night tonight.. I love it...
:bigok:

Nachtmensch
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
i heard rumors of the US getting prologue. anyone know of this? i heard early February...

Rob's S14
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I think I'll have to play it somewhere first. I bought ps2 for gt4 and was disappointed. I'm sure it will be good, but I don't want to bet 4-5 hundred on it.

S13Boosts
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
damn i need a ps3 now just for this game :bash:

KiLLeR2001
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Ill be buying a PS3, GT5, HDTV, Logitech G25. I think I'm also gonna make my seat out of a spare s13 seat I have lying around that way when i'm driving my s13 in game it'll sorta feel like I'm in one.. can't wait!!!

Dutchmalmiss
01-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Haha, just wanted to show off.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/dutchmalmiss/DSC01686.jpg

Hey HaLo, have you played online yet?

HaLo
01-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Haha, just wanted to show off.

Hey HaLo, have you played online yet?

Nope, not yet... Maybe soon? I installed the online patch, took me forever...

DreamN
01-03-2008, 05:02 AM
Blah.. I wish PS3s were cheaper :(

Oh well, I'll continue to wait until GT5 comes because really that's the only reason why I would want the PS3.

exitspeed
01-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Ill be buying a PS3, GT5, HDTV, Logitech G25. I think I'm also gonna make my seat out of a spare s13 seat I have lying around that way when i'm driving my s13 in game it'll sorta feel like I'm in one.. can't wait!!!

That's the way I'm going. The G25 looks like it's coming down in price too.

Like I said, as soon as I get a date of release I'll finish working on my set-up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/CockpitPart1001.jpg

HaLo
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Looks nice Mel... Make one for me?

Dirty Habit
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Just got my ps3 the other day. And Ive been playing wangan midnight.

I totally forgot about the prologue being released. Gonna pick up that here in the next few days.

exitspeed
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Looks nice Mel... Make one for me?

I'll give you the plans...

Dirty Habit
01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
I used to have a set up for ps3. I used to drift competitions over on the GTP forums all the time. Perhaps I will have to put it back togeather for some laps.

Guys on gtp are sick, if anyone hasnt checked out some of their cockpits, you really need to check them out.

EDacIouSX
01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Blah.. I wish PS3s were cheaper :(

Oh well, I'll continue to wait until GT5 comes because really that's the only reason why I would want the PS3.

same here... cant wait for gt5.

KiLLeR2001
01-04-2008, 12:06 AM

Like I said, as soon as I get a date of release I'll finish working on my set-up.

hahaaha perfect dude, this is exactly what i had in mind..... cant waitttt wooooooooo

Dutchmalmiss
01-07-2008, 11:15 AM
WHY must another GT thread be created!!?! Haha, anyways. Looks like whoever ordered the japanese copy, including myself, wasted money. They're planning on releasing GT5: Prologue in the states in spring '08.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Gran_Turismo_5_Prologue

origin_s135
01-07-2008, 03:32 PM
WHY must another GT thread be created!!?! Haha, anyways. Looks like whoever ordered the japanese copy, including myself, wasted money. They're planning on releasing GT5: Prologue in the states in spring '08.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Gran_Turismo_5_Prologue

WOW, thank you so much for posting that up, i'm hardly on psn, but i was so close to getting the game from play-asia.com so after i read this, i ebayed a copy of suikoden 5 haha.

Dutchmalmiss
01-07-2008, 03:36 PM
WOW, thank you so much for posting that up, i'm hardly on psn, but i was so close to getting the game from play-asia.com so after i read this, i ebayed a copy of suikoden 5 haha.

Yep, sounded like a last minute decision from them, too.

SimpleS14
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I wonder if its even worth buying. :/ Since its only five tracks, 50 cars and essentially "Pre-GT5" or a development stage passed Beta (RCO?).

ronmcdon
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I wonder if its even worth buying. :/ Since its only five tracks, 50 cars and essentially "Pre-GT5" or a development stage passed Beta (RCO?).

I wouldn't. I think it's distasteful that they would charge for the 'Beta' when its been the industry standard to get the Beta for free. It sets a bad precedence. I'd just wait till the full version comes out before I decide to buy anything.

90hatchie
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
i got gt5p
online rocks (some shifty guys like ramming you into wall)
drifting is great
understeer problem that gt4 had is gone
graphics rock
i love the interior view
and it works so nice with my g25

DreamN
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
^ how well is the clutch feel with the g25 playing gt5? how realistic is it? details man!!!

oh and is it just a generic interior for every car or actual interiors of every car?

90hatchie
01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
no clutch in gt5p but will be in full gt5
its actual interior of every car
the cars feel really good
shifts are smooth and yea i got a hard on for gt5

Dutchmalmiss
01-07-2008, 11:05 PM
i got gt5p
online rocks (some shifty guys like ramming you into wall)
drifting is great
understeer problem that gt4 had is gone
graphics rock
i love the interior view
and it works so nice with my g25

Damn, I'm so jealous hahah.

90hatchie
01-07-2008, 11:15 PM
if u got ps3 buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Prologue-GT5-PS3-IMPORT-Japan-version_W0QQitemZ200189324178QQihZ010QQcategoryZ62 053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ps3 has no region protection so u can play any ps3 ps2 or ps1 game u want

Dutchmalmiss
01-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I have GT5p. The G25 that you have is what makes me jealous.

90hatchie
01-08-2008, 04:18 AM
it only gets better
ordering this next week
http://store.videogamecentral.com/playseat-a1gp-evolution.html

driftyour40
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
looks like I will be getting a ps3 soon.

Dutchmalmiss
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
it only gets better
ordering this next week
http://store.videogamecentral.com/playseat-a1gp-evolution.html

Ok, that's overkill haha. Just make one. exitspeed has the blueprints for his build. I'm sure if you ask, he'll help you out.

exitspeed
01-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok, that's overkill haha. Just make one. exitspeed has the blueprints for his build. I'm sure if you ask, he'll help you out.

Mine eventually will have a front and I'll be carpeting the whole thing.

FYI the final phase of my set-up will come later this year when I finish off the lower level. My cockpit will be set in the middle of my new media room in front of a 100" projector. The lower level is my 08 project.

Grendel
01-09-2008, 10:25 AM

Dude that is so bad ass :) Can't wait till I'm out of the dorms and have room for cool shit like that.

origin_s135
01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
please someone make one out of this[i know everybody remember these back in the days]:
http://www.vipkids.co.uk/bluewellbeds/sports_carbed_lg.jpg
that shit would kick ass.

Grendel
01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I've been playing the GT5 japanese demo a lot the last few days. Can't wait for the full game to come out.

I want a wheel, which one would you guys suggest?

Dutchmalmiss
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
G25 or NOTHING!

http://www.komplett.ie/img/p/400/324740.jpg

Grendel
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
G25 or NOTHING!

http://www.komplett.ie/img/p/400/324740.jpg

The reviews of that one sound pretty good, it works with PC and PS2 also right?

Also, is prologue an american release or just japanese?

exitspeed
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
The reviews of that one sound pretty good, it works with PC and PS2 also right?

Also, is prologue an american release or just japanese?

It'll be released here too (or has already. Actually haven't been keeping up).

Dutchmalmiss
01-14-2008, 12:22 PM
It'll be released here too (or has already. Actually haven't been keeping up).

US version should be out March 19th, $40.

http://www.psu.com/Gran-Turismo-5-Prologue-to-hit-March-19th,-$3999---a0002308-p0.php

vitaliko
01-14-2008, 12:56 PM
anyone know how i can download gt5p? im too impatient to wait for shipping lol.

As far as cockpit setup, cant beat this one, designed by a racing instructor at Jim Russell:

www.bobearlracing.com (http://www.bobearlracing.com) even has a special bracket for g25 shifter :)

exitspeed
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
^
That's awesome. Mine cost like $20 to make.

BOROSUN
01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
thats same price as the playseat w/ g25 shifter attachment. plus you can fold it away and its not as bulky.

DRIFTER-M
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPOJOS

$40 shipped, pre-order.

Just saw that, figured some of you who want the game would like to know. :D

Dutchmalmiss
03-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Damn it's been a while since this was updated. But it looks like the US version of GT5 Prologue will have a little more than the Japanese version, for those who care haha.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/857/857267p1.html

Key US-only features
- car tunabililty
- drift mode

Squirrel82
03-08-2008, 07:38 AM
I was trying to download the Hong Kong version of prologue last night but it wont let me add funds with the credit card.How can do this?

Dutchmalmiss
03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I was trying to download the Hong Kong version of prologue last night but it wont let me add funds with the credit card.How can do this?

If you still want a non-US copy, just go to play-asia.com

You'll get the hardcopy for the same price, which is a better deal IMO. Otherwise, at this point in time, I'd suggest just waiting for the US copy, which actually has more content.

Squirrel82
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I got it to work.Bad thing is I cant read chicken scratch.

origin_s135
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
^^^
doesn't it come out in april? and you couldn't wait one month????? jesus....

Dutchmalmiss
03-10-2008, 11:24 PM
^^^
doesn't it come out in april? and you couldn't wait one month????? jesus....

Yeah, I was thinking the same. By the time you beat that version, the US version, which will have more features, will be out by then. :keke:

SimpleS14
03-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Nice gallery: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/gran-turismo-5-prologue-1/

Dutchmalmiss
03-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Got an email from GTPlanet. Here's a link with more details on the US/Euro exclusive features for GT5: Prologue.

http://www.gtplanet.net/

Dutchmalmiss
03-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Ah son of a delayed bitch...
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862361p1.html

2009 release, not surprised though.

exitspeed
03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
That's OK with me. I don't have money for a PS3 yet. :)

Grendel
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Ah son of a delayed bitch...
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862361p1.html

2009 release, not surprised though.

That's blocked for me at work :( Is it just the full game that is delayed? Prologue is still coming out on time right?

Dutchmalmiss
03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Prologue is set for April 15th release.

GT5 is the delayed one.

Grendel
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Prologue is set for April 15th release.

GT5 is the delayed one.

Cool thanks :)

Aeroscraper326
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh sweet baby jesus I can't wait for this game.

M4Rl0N
03-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Thats not fair i dont even have a PS3 yet......

ill buy and take it to my friends house to go play it:keke:

DreamN
03-27-2008, 03:13 PM
This game is the only reason why I'll end up buying a PS3. Can't wait :D

Grendel
03-27-2008, 03:59 PM

Metal Gear Solid also! Gonna be so sick!

DreamN
03-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Well, I'm not one for shooter games, but I guess for those that love'em I'd probably agree.

xfallen1x
03-27-2008, 04:59 PM

Metal Gear Solid also! Gonna be so sick!

:werd: that's the reason I bought mine! I can't wait until it comes out. And Metal Gear Solid... OMG!! Saw the video on it and it's freakin' sick!

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 10:24 AM
TEH MEGATONZ! (ign forum nerd phrase)

GT5 may have damage!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/28/gran-turismo-5-update-one-year-out-damage-modeling-being-consi/

Dutchmalmiss
03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
TEH MEGATONZ! (ign forum nerd phrase)

GT5 may have damage!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/28/gran-turismo-5-update-one-year-out-damage-modeling-being-consi/

Hopefully they've been working on a damage engine for the game already. A year doesn't seem enough for every car to be graphically damage-simulated.

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Hopefully they've been working on a damage engine for the game already. A year doesn't seem enough for every car to be graphically damage-simulated.

IIRC I read an interview with Kaz and I think he said they've been developing one for a long time. They just have not been able to implement it. And it's not complete. I do remember he said it would have to be far more realistic then Forza's engine for him to approve it.

Dutchmalmiss
03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah I'm wishfully thinking this will be some revolutionary dynamic damage system where none of the panels will damage the same way. For example, the amount of paint scraping off depending on the velocity of impact to another car or wall, or intensity of a dent and/or ripples for the same reason. Seems extreme though.

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah I'm wishfully thinking this will be some revolutionary dynamic damage system where none of the panels will damage the same way. For example, the amount of paint scraping off depending on the velocity of impact to another car or wall, or intensity of a dent and/or ripples for the same reason. Seems extreme though.

It does, but in that interview, those are the reasons why he's hasn't has such a system yet. Because he doesn't want to half ass it.

tougemaster
03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
I have the Japanese Version rite now but dont like it at all. I think the GT4 is the best they has made.

Dutchmalmiss
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I have the Japanese Version rite now but dont like it at all. I think the GT4 is the best they has made.

GT4 was my favorite in terms of tunability and tracks.

GT3 was the best to drift with.

GT2 was :-/ .

GT1 started it all.

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
GT3 was my favorite of all. GT4 just felt like more of the same.

tougemaster
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
GT5 is way too real.. you must play with Logitech steering wheel.

tougemaster
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
By the way, im looking to sell the GT5 (Japanese Version) so you must know Japanese otherwise its kinda hard to understand on some detail things.

kdashy
03-28-2008, 12:50 PM
GT4 was my favorite in terms of tunability and tracks.

GT3 was the best to drift with.

GT2 was :-/ .

GT1 started it all.

You didn't like GT2? That thing was epic. 600 cars whaaaaa.

In any case, ill be recieving my PS3 monday in anticipation of this game.

Dutchmalmiss
04-03-2008, 01:24 PM
UPDATE: Prologue will have damage as a downloadable update around fall '08.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/864/864142p1.html

SimpleS14
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm hoping this means they will fine tune it for GT5.

Debating if I should get GT5 Prologue.

BOROSUN
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
woot woot woot

Dutchmalmiss
04-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Geeettttt iitttt! I'll race you. :bigok:

Grendel
04-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Dude it's like $40 isn't it? Thats like 4 days of going out to eat dinner, you can spare that! :)

s13Dr1ft
04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Will GT5 have more cars? I mean Prolouge has what 60? I downloaded the demo on PSN and got bored very fast.

exitspeed
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Will GT5 have more cars? I mean Prolouge has what 60? I downloaded the demo on PSN and got bored very fast.

A final car list is far in the future. But I can't image there's going to be less then GT4.

Dutchmalmiss
04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it was 1000+. Very possible.

Dutchmalmiss
04-15-2008, 11:59 AM
DAMN SCHOOL AND MY PROFESSORS WITH MANDATORY ATTENDANCE!
It's out today and I can't play until I get home at like 5. :wtc:

SimpleS14
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Speaking of cars in GT5 (full game)....I wouldn't be surprised if there were less cars than GT4. Didn't GT3 have less cars than GT2?

Dude it's like $40 isn't it? Thats like 4 days of going out to eat dinner, you can spare that! :)

I rather go out and eat. Playing video games can be anti-social at times.

My friend is getting it today after hitting up the gym, I will ask him what he thinks about it and see if I should buy it or not.

However, chances are I will not buy it and just borrow it from him. :)

slider2828
04-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I've been playing the JDM version of the prologue and I really don't like the unresponsiveness of the controls vs. GT4.... Didn't really like it and some of the competition is so fake. Like evos are faster than an R8 on the straight. Like WTF?!?! so stupid...

Dutchmalmiss
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I've been playing the JDM version of the prologue and I really don't like the unresponsiveness of the controls vs. GT4.... Didn't really like it and some of the competition is so fake. Like evos are faster than an R8 on the straight. Like WTF?!?! so stupid...

Wireless controllers will never be as responsive as a controller with a cord, just like WIFI vs broadband via hardwire. I tried playing gt4 on my ps3 and it totally fucked up the way I controlled the cars. About the AI, it was stated that there'd be continual updates on improving such things like AI.

slider2828
04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Yah, but the PS3 doesn't have corded controllers...> At least at my friends house... Are there ports for older controller? I know wireless sucks cause its the same deal on Counterstrike too... Really noticeable....

kdashy
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Are there ports for older controller? I know wireless sucks cause its the same deal on Counterstrike too... Really noticeable....

PS3s don't have ports for the older controllers.

I haven't really noticed any lag while playing wirelessly, while playing GT Concept HD or any other game.

crzycav86
04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
i didn't read this thread. anyone have the g25 wheel?

anyone see this video?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRYAsAZInX4

ellisonrox
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
just picked up the game and played for a little bit

as far as i know, you aren't able to upgrade your cars (no cosmetics like wings or wheels either) or adjust suspension or gearing

seems like it's just like the demo, except expanded.

so.. it looks like it's gonna suck driving stock cars for the whole thing.

i already regret getting this, and i love gran turismo. :(

SimpleS14
04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Yah, but the PS3 doesn't have corded controllers...> At least at my friends house... Are there ports for older controller? I know wireless sucks cause its the same deal on Counterstrike too... Really noticeable....

There is an adapter that can allow you to use PS2 controllers.

autobahNESSA
04-16-2008, 08:39 PM
So far I think it's pretty fun and don't mind spending the $39.99 on it. And also you aren't stuck with just stock cars. You can buy Nomuken's Blitz R34 lol.

Dutchmalmiss
04-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't want to give a final word on this version yet. It's pretty different from the Japanese version though. The "time goal" races are pretty challenging to get a gold on, also. So far so good on my end. I've yet to race online, anyone have yet?

kdashy
04-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I don't want to give a final word on this version yet. It's pretty different from the Japanese version though. The "time goal" races are pretty challenging to get a gold on, also. So far so good on my end. I've yet to race online, anyone have yet?

It's not bad, I haven't tried the supercar or time trial tier yet.

But everyones crashing into each other, its so funny.

BOROSUN
04-17-2008, 02:49 AM
still waiting to finish dling.

i'm gonna be up all night. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nachtmensch
04-17-2008, 02:52 AM
race me. PSN: Nachtmensch87

im saving up for a ferarri 430 to finish class A now

oh, and the GTR make race is nail-biting haha

Dirty Habit
04-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Why does everything have to do with drifting have that song from tokyo drift in it now. Jesus.

Ill be picking my copy up today. Ppd over at a gamestop.

Eastside DriFto
04-17-2008, 06:37 AM
I think the game is prtty sick..I don't like that you can't hook the cars up..and there are no old cars.(240sx,ae86)But it way better then the demo I played a Formula D.I should be online play today when I get out of work...I CAN"T WAIT!!

Grendel
04-17-2008, 07:19 AM
just picked up the game and played for a little bit

as far as i know, you aren't able to upgrade your cars (no cosmetics like wings or wheels either) or adjust suspension or gearing

seems like it's just like the demo, except expanded.

so.. it looks like it's gonna suck driving stock cars for the whole thing.

i already regret getting this, and i love gran turismo. :(

In one review I read, it said you can upgrade your car once you pass A class. Not sure if thats true or not, I just got into A class this morning.

The GTR is a beast, gets away from you pretty easy if you aren't smooth with it :p

supercleans13
04-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Anyone wants to race I'll be on tonight around 8:00 pm eastern.
SILVIA4LIFE

slider2828
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Nice I will look for the adapter, but yes there is lag, if you play gt4 as much as I did to ge all golds on all licenses and etc... there is substantial annoying lag or lack of controller/car sensitivity. But AI is pure junk...

kdashy
04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
In one review I read, it said you can upgrade your car once you pass A class. Not sure if thats true or not, I just got into A class this morning.

The GTR is a beast, gets away from you pretty easy if you aren't smooth with it :p

You unlock quick tune after beating A,B and C events, where you can modify power ride height and other suspension settings.

No visual mods though.

s14_legend
04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
just a teazer to the full blown version ...

kdashy
04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
just a teazer to the full blown version ...

its not like GT5 is coming out anytime soon.

By the time it does I wont even care that I bought prologue, or maybe ill be glad cause they'll probably let you transfer credits.

Dutchmalmiss
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
its not like GT5 is coming out anytime soon.

By the time it does I wont even care that I bought prologue, or maybe ill be glad cause they'll probably let you transfer credits.

That, AND you'll probably get a freebie with the first 3 licenses like GT3->GT4.

an_orange_s2k
04-17-2008, 01:16 PM
i picked one up yesterday..did anyone else? i figure i'd give it a shot since the full thing isnt gonna come out for a while

Dirty Habit
04-17-2008, 01:24 PM
It wont let me do online, keeps fucking up a download. WTF.

ellisonrox
04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
just played online and won two out of two races :hsdance:

12,000 for a first place finish in the beginner races, not too shabby.

i don't know why they make you use a cappucino in the C class races though.. and no miata? uh.

they could've done a better car selection imo

3 suzukis? whatever. :down:

Grendel
04-17-2008, 03:29 PM
You unlock quick tune after beating A,B and C events, where you can modify power ride height and other suspension settings.

No visual mods though.

Thats ok, those options are enough to play with for me :p

It wont let me do online, keeps fucking up a download. WTF.

Yea the update wouldn't work for me either, got to about 50% and errored out :(

an_orange_s2k
04-17-2008, 03:35 PM
are any of you guys using the wheel? im debating if i should jsut pick up a madcatz one or just want for the offical one to come out.

Dirty Habit
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Ive got an old one. I'm gonna buy the g25 sometime though. Make a badass cockpit too.

fliprayzin240sx
04-17-2008, 05:04 PM
So the question ive been having since i got my JDM one a while back is...YOU CANT MOD CARS?!?!

ellisonrox
04-17-2008, 05:17 PM
So the question ive been having since i got my JDM one a while back is...YOU CANT MOD CARS?!?!

i know.. seriously.. it's kinda disappointing, but maybe an update will fix that?

btw, does anyone know what today's update even did?

Dutchmalmiss
04-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Japanese version = no mods for sale, no tuning
US version = no mods for sale, slight tune option with height/spring rate/powerband/not sure on what else

Also, did anyone notice on the race screen before you choose to start the race, on the top, it says "Gran Turismo 5: Prologue spec II" ? It simply justifies that the US version is simply an upgraded version of the Jap version.

BOROSUN
04-17-2008, 11:25 PM
i think the ai is a little better. not like before they run you over like the
ppl online.

maybe once the damage update is available. ppl wont drive like idiots or maybe they will but, theyre getting ass wrecked.

i'll be on later :fedorthedestroyer

Nachtmensch
04-18-2008, 03:06 AM
Japanese version = no mods for sale, no tuning
US version = no mods for sale, slight tune option with height/spring rate/powerband/not sure on what else
camber, toe, downforce, transmission ratios, steering angle, tires (obviously), height, spring rates, dampers, ABS, traction control, stability management, and probably something else im forgetting

kdashy
04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
They just released two videos on GT:TV today:

The GT-R Legend inside story Part 1
First impression Lancer Evolution X

But I didn't have to download one of them, must've already been on the disk.

Dutchmalmiss
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I hope everyone's racing in "professional" mode. I had to retry a couple races in the last class. Also it doesn't help that I only wanted golds for all the races. :eek3d:

HyperTek
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
are any of you guys using the wheel? im debating if i should jsut pick up a madcatz one or just want for the offical one to come out.

get this
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Logitech-Driving-Force-Pro-Racing-Wheel-PS2-PS3/3002383/product.html

Its still a good wheel.. better then any madcatz.. the only wheel better then it right now is the G25 which is over $200

Dutchmalmiss
04-23-2008, 01:55 PM
^^ Yeah, the Logitech DF-Pro is what I'm using now. Still love it.

Gnnr
04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Any of you guys using a wheel or pedals to play? I'm gonna start looking into this for when I buy a PS3 for this game.

Dirty Habit
04-23-2008, 02:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/FiftyKing/gt-4beer1.jpg

Dudes on the GTforums get waaay into this shit. hahah. Awesome.

Grendel
04-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Well I called gamestop, I guess prologue has $18 trade in value. I haven't beaten A class yet, but I'm trading it in anyways towards GTA4. Trading in some older PS2 games also.

Money is tight and I gotta get GTA4! :p

kdashy
04-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Well I called gamestop, I guess prologue has $18 trade in value. I haven't beaten A class yet, but I'm trading it in anyways towards GTA4. Trading in some older PS2 games also.

Money is tight and I gotta get GTA4! :p

I think we all understand.

Im thinking of trading in Warhawk for it, but I doubt that has much value.

Grendel
04-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I think we all understand.

Im thinking of trading in Warhawk for it, but I doubt that has much value.

I bought warhawk online :(

such a waste of money :p

Dutchmalmiss
06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
It's been a while since I played GT5P because of the goddamn GTA4 bug biting me. With the whole GT Academy thing starting, I'm motivated to play again. If you guys still don't know about it, or haven't read from the separate thread about it, here's the info regarding GT Academy.

http://www.gtplanet.net/

Also, if you read about the Nurburgring track edition below that, expect a near-future big update with the Ring course, the Madrid course, and possibly more features!

HyperTek
07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
At the E3, Joystiq.com managed to track down Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi and get the latest info on Gran Turismo 5. What Yamauchi had to say is not good news for those who hoped to get a hold of the Playstation 3’s flagship product anytime soon.

According to the GT creator, the team is still working on improving GT5 Prologue via updates, new features mentioned are vehicle damage as well as new tracks and cars. Development of the full version is pushed further back, the full Gran Turismo 5 is not expected to be released before 2010. GT Mobile for the Playstation Portable is still in development too, you shouldn’t expect this one before 2011 though.

Meanwhile, Sony has launched GT TV, a ambitious product that offers Gran Turismo users high definition car video content such as car reviews and documentaries. GT TV can be watched on your Playstation and will contain a mix of free and pay-per-view content. Most notable shows include BBC’s legendary Top Gear magazine as well as coverage of the Japanese Super GT series. Below is a little trailer of what to expect..

http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo-5-release-date-gt-tv/

dam 2010 huh

exitspeed
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Odd, what wasn't mentioned in that article is that they are coming out with Prologue 2 in the near future.

camry
07-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Gran Turismo 5 might actually be pushed back to 2010 because they're focusing on making prologue better right now.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-in-2010/

iwishiwas-all*
07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
^^^ fuck at this point Playstation 4 will be out by then dammit!

Dutchmalmiss
07-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Jesus. They better be getting EVERYTHING done right! Like tire brand/air freshener scent/ and floor mat selection.

exitspeed
07-18-2008, 09:26 AM
^^^ fuck at this point Playstation 4 will be out by then dammit!

Actually Sony has said from the beginning that the PS3 is going to have a lot longer life cycle then previous systems. 10 years is what they are expecting from it.

BOROSUN
07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
prologue updates?
i havent even touched prologue.

Dutchmalmiss
07-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Actually Sony has said from the beginning that the PS3 is going to have a lot longer life cycle then previous systems. 10 years is what they are expecting from it.

Could be more. PS2s are still selling and they were released in 2001.

I haven't touched Prologue in a while either. Rockband, MGS4, and GTA4 are still pwning my life.

ronmcdon
07-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Gran Turismo 5 might actually be pushed back to 2010 because they're focusing on making prologue better right now.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-in-2010/

thank goodness for forza :(

Dutchmalmiss
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Not sure if anyone's keeping track anymore, but there's a new update being released tomorrow which includes improved gameplay, physics, and more tire choices. I'll step away from my 360 and start freshening up again.

IGN: GT5P update (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/895/895216p1.html)

BOROSUN
07-31-2008, 10:41 PM
99 cent for the 1st two weeks. i wish it was free. i guess i'll dl.

kdashy
07-31-2008, 10:52 PM
I really wish they'd redo the online play interface, its so lame.

SimpleS14
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Bump this thread from the dead with a new trailer of GT5!!

l2uQ2ayvvWY

I'm so amped for this game!

HyperTek
06-02-2009, 09:14 PM
i picked up gt5p this weekend but didnt put much time into it.. doesnt really gave me *because i was ruined by always playing pc race sims, so going to a console racer i have high expectations that need to be met*

OOooO damage!!

ronmcdon
06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
gt5 trailer shows 15-16 nascar racers on the track at once.
hope that really means you can race against that many cars in the game (not the 6/8 limit).
not too crazy they decided to add nascar, but it's a great marketing move.

has sony given us an actual release date yet?
I'm betting $50 with a friend of mine that Diablo 3 will get released before gt5.

zerooath
06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Man, I swear. GT5 better blow every other racing game out the water and out the fucking atmosphere. They are taking FOREVER with this game.

If its basically the same game as before with different locations and different camera angles and you still only have the options of adding different wheels or a huge ass wing then this game will be an absolute fail.

dahveed
06-02-2009, 11:41 PM
damage! WRC! yay! haha, and NASCAR too i guess. i really hope that they nail down the engine sounds for once, it's something all the GT games have lacked. annoying.
the trailer didn't have any F1 cars though :(

HyperTek
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
forza 3 will probably be out by than lol
VirtualR - Sim Racing News (http://www.virtualr.net/)

the thing i hope they improve is that you should not be able to beat everyone after the first lap.. thats just too easy about these games.

sleep
06-03-2009, 03:18 AM
forza 3 will probably be out by than lol
VirtualR - Sim Racing News (http://www.virtualr.net/)

the thing i hope they improve is that you should not be able to beat everyone after the first lap.. thats just too easy about these games.

Forza 3 will be released without a shadow of a doubt on October 27th.

And i quote a turn 10 employee......

Have to say I enjoyed the E3 presentation especially as FM3 is going to be released sooner than I thought. However I do have a question for you all. Do you think it was wise for Dan to say "FM3 will have the greatest roster of cars on the current consoles"?

The reason im saying this is its rumoured GT5 will appear tomorrow and its rumoured this game will have nearly 900 cars! Do you think Dan should of kept quiet and waited for news on GT5 because if this game does appear tomorrow then IMO it will make Dan look a bit silly.

Waiting for news about GT5 will make you grow old. We're going to release a game this October, let Polyphony say whatever they want. They should spend more energy creating and shipping an actual game. :)

--------
Brian Lockhart
Turn 10 Studios
Viva Forza!

HyperTek
08-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Gran Turismo 5 Officially Announced ยป VirtualR - Sim Racing News (http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo-5-officially-announced/)

Gran Turismo 5 Officially Announced

Posted 2 hours, 38 minutes ago in Console

Right when everybody was getting ready to blame Sony and Polyphony Digital for not releasing any new info about Gran Turismo 5 at the GamesCom Expo, the title has been officially announced on the Japanese GT website.

Even though no release date was given, the official feature list includes some very interesting bits. Gran Turismo 5 is said to include no less than 1000 cars, apparently not all of them in the same detail level though. 170 of the cars are said to be premium models with full interior modeling that even reacts to damage. The other 830 cars are standard models, including many cars that have been seen in GT4 before.

Also listed are over 60 tracks, more are expected to be announced later. Gran Turismo 5 will retain all the popular features of the GT series, including photo mode, the extensive career mode and much more. New features include extensive online capabilities such as private races, text/voice chat and the ability to export replays directly to Youtube. Gran Turismo 5 will be using the new user interface that has been introduced with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Cars
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 standard models (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) (Cars we have seen in GT4 before)

Tracks
60 tracks confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

Vehicle Physics
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles (possibly rollover)
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
Faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle

GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output

Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved user interface
Continuous Play for videos

Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

ronmcdon
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
What?!
I thought they 'announced' this damn game a few years ago already.
This thread alone began in Aug '07.
Still no release date or planned online play (as per the article posted by Hypertek), what a surprise.
Maybe next year.

krazyfil
08-18-2009, 08:03 PM
sorry but forza will own... this is turning into the next final fantasy.. push back after push back... and i heard that even when they do release the game that u will have to keep buying new mini cds for updates on the game and other shit... but either way my roommate has a ps3 so i might rent it and try it IF it ever comes out

HyperTek
08-18-2009, 08:19 PM
well they keep pushing GT5 back to watch what forza does.. fuck it, once F3 drops, then GT5 drops, they cant keep still and will start developing forza 4 to beat gt5.. just you watch lol

I doubt they will make add on cds, maybe add on content via download, but i doubt they would charge for em.

ronmcdon
08-18-2009, 08:30 PM
To Forza's credit, imo they have been pretty consistent, improving, & taken over the Grande Tourismo series.
You have to give them credit for releasing fairly polished driving games every 2 yrs or so.
They deliver what they say they will.

Polyphony used to be this way from the first Gran Tourismo, up to GT4.
Why GT-5 could never quite get released, I could never understand, and tbh I find it frustrating.
Wish Polyphony would just put up, or shut up with the GT-5 ordeal.
Either you give a release date and/or something newsworthy, or just scrap it.
Their dilly-dally'ing is really old.

HyperTek
08-18-2009, 08:32 PM
what!?! they bearly speak.. unlike crap need for speed shift that keeps throwing out these "ima real hardcore racing game look how pretty i am" videos

exitspeed
08-19-2009, 07:52 AM
HyperTek has made my morning with this and the PS3 slim announcement.

can't effin wait!

Smackthatfourty!
08-19-2009, 08:13 AM
i cant wait till this comes out

Dutchmalmiss
08-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Still no release date?? I've been playing GT4 to get my nurburgring fix lately. I really really hope they still implement further cosmetic modding apart from wheels.

Z33dori
08-19-2009, 09:35 AM
there a few new videos floating about, gamerscom/gamerscon or w/e it is

Demo footage
damage footage (which looks crap)

i'll try and find those vids again..

Dutchmalmiss
08-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I'd be happy if they can also add the model differences between the s13s and s14s (zenki/chuki/kouki years).

For some reason in GT3 and GT4 they named the kouki s13 hatch with an SR a 240sx, and that bothered my purist heart.

exitspeed
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd be happy if they can also add the model differences between the s13s and s14s (zenki/chuki/kouki years).

For some reason in GT3 and GT4 they named the kouki s13 hatch with an SR a 240sx, and that bothered my purist heart.

I thought that was just the A-Spec version. I thought it was right in Japan.

Dutchmalmiss
08-19-2009, 09:43 AM
No idea haha. But being as perfectionist as they seem, you'd think they'd get the nomenclature correct.

exitspeed
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM
No idea haha. But being as perfectionist as they seem, you'd think they'd get the nomenclature correct.

You woulda thought so. But I think they were somewhat trying to appeal to the masses. The same people that call Kouki S13's Type X's yo cause it sounds cool.

exitspeed
08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Vid of the damage.
YouTube - Gamescom 2009 Gran Turismo 5 Damage video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8CQxM_LFo)

HyperTek
08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
dont get me started on forza,. xbox can not support a good steering wheel from what i read because it simply cant, something to do with the way the x and y axis works on that system. but i think most of the forza players play with gamepads anyways.

YouTube - Gamescom: Gran Turismo 5 Gameplay part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9mEghOpg0Q)

i hope the damage really affects teh car though, will force people to take cleaner lines in online races etc.

Dutchmalmiss
08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
dont get me started on forza,. xbox can not support a good steering wheel from what i read because it simply cant, something to do with the way the x and y axis works on that system. but i think most of the forza players play with gamepads anyways.

YouTube - Gamescom: Gran Turismo 5 Gameplay part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9mEghOpg0Q)

i hope the damage really affects teh car though, will force people to take cleaner lines in online races etc.

Logitech G27 Confirmed by Developer, First Look (http://www.gtplanet.net/logitech-g27-confirmed-by-developer-first-look/)

new g27 wheel from logitech. has a fuckin shift light indicator wtf.

HyperTek
08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
yeah heres a video review of it
http://www.virtualr.net/srt-special-report-logitech-g27-review/

and the led lights to me are not in a good location

they should have did something like this which was modded to a g25
http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/racing-forums/943158972d1234552589t-mmg-simrdisp7x-g25-edition-pic3.jpg

Sim racing is a big deal
YouTube - My Sim Racing Cockpit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFShIpoOVE4)

TheWolf
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
that touchbuddies screen/cockpit is fantabulous... I love it...

as to GT5.. it will never be released... the nascar thing actually is a downer for me..

exitspeed
08-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't need that.

Maybe I'll finally be able to dust this bad boy off and finish it up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/CockpitPart1003.jpg

I hope so soon. I've been tempted a couple times to sell it just because it seems like an eternity until GT5 comes out.

Dutchmalmiss
08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
cool i have the same wheel. my friend has a g25 and it's very tempting to get one and make a set up like yours haha.

exitspeed
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Do it. S13 seats are cheap.

HyperTek
08-19-2009, 02:47 PM
some guys do PVC PVC is the cheap solution! Check this out! - RSC Forums (http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=179555)

if i ever get around to doin one i wanna pick up a cheap bucket seat and throw it behind a projector. Pick up a used/cheap projector on ebay or build one.
YouTube - [rFactor] De Tomaso Pantera on Vanport International Raceway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srcQEZU0Ukg)

SimpleS14
08-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Vid of the damage.
YouTube - Gamescom 2009 Gran Turismo 5 Damage video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8CQxM_LFo)

I really really hope that is just a dev. iteration and there are more improvements to be made.

The lack of busted headlights, scratches and flickers as the bumper scrapes on the road makes me wonder...

HyperTek
08-19-2009, 08:17 PM
shouldnt really matter tho, the mass market is spoiled because games like grid and forza came out wiht damage so GT now has to do damage, otherwise it will get bad reviews if it doesnt have damage.. just hope the damage affects handling but it will probably be dumbed down for people to play it.

SimpleS14
08-19-2009, 09:10 PM
shouldnt really matter tho, the mass market is spoiled because games like grid and forza came out wiht damage so GT now has to do damage, otherwise it will get bad reviews if it doesnt have damage.. just hope the damage affects handling but it will probably be dumbed down for people to play it.

I think it will matter because the same venues giving the reviews will compare the graphical effects of one game vs. another....and damage details will be in the mix. I don't like the comparisons (Forza vs. GT), but it's bound to be there.

I'm also a visual person and I like to see my slip-ups stand out more during the replays. :keke:

Z33dori
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't think anyone will be able to touch Grid's awesome damage models .....

Dutchmalmiss
08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't think anyone will be able to touch Grid's awesome damage models .....

Seriously. The detail to damage in that game is phenomenal.

DRIFTER-M
08-20-2009, 06:22 PM

Yeah damage is not too important to me, I am more of a physics guy.

Want to talk about dumbed down, check out Forza's redo feature, so that if you crash you can rewind and replay and not crash again. Not that I ever considered Forza a super-sim like GT, even though drifting was fun in Forza, this redo feature takes any sense of simulation completely out of the game now. It is considered to me, arcade now.

Everything is being dumbed down, it is sad. I hope GT5 sticks to it's guns and delivers the hardcore sim we have been waiting for.

I have also heard from alot of others in the industry that NFS:Shift has the best driving physics of any of the big 3. Truth.

I guess we shall see...