PDA

View Full Version : How to tell when your community has too much tax revenue

RJF
08-17-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/08/img_0001.jpg

With the lousy economy in Michigan, most towns and cities have been struggling with shrinking revenues from state and local property taxes. All over the state, public employees have been getting laid off. There are, of course exceptions, with Bloomfield Hills north of Detroit being one of them. How many cops have you seen cruising around your neighborhood in $100,000 Cadillac XLR-Vs?

Yuri
08-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Bloomfield Hills is basically the OC of Detroit if that's possible.
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Judging by the flames, I'd say they might have done it for the Woodward Dream Cruise.
You know, to have something to pull over musclecars with.

illvialuver
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
yeah, that sucks, i mean cop cars that are fast makes me wanna be a cop just so i can drive as fast as i want, and get away for shit when im not on the clock,
but at the same time, i wish that all cop cars were as slow and as gay sounding as the french cop cars in the movies, cause that would make getting pulled over intertaining. i mean i would have to run from the cops, that woul d be liek having a fat donut digesting 20 year vet cop chasing you and your mike vick..... your gonna run.

SexPanda
08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
The cops around here have the lowest trim impalas you can buy... lol.

exitspeed
08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Bloomfield Hills is basically the OC of Detroit if that's possible.

I didn't think there was.

!Zar!
08-17-2007, 03:26 PM
There is a cop car that look like Barricade from the transformers rolling around a city near me.

bamaboy
08-17-2007, 04:21 PM
sometimes these high end cop cars are impounded units they want to show off to the drug dealers to scare them.....but that is shitty if they bought it

Matej
08-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Recently I've seen the police over here rolling around in unmarked supercharged Cobalts.

unwed_transient
08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
sometimes these high end cop cars are impounded units they want to show off to the drug dealers to scare them.....but that is shitty if they bought it

i came in here to post this.

DRavenS13
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
CHP in central CA roll around in SS Camaros- I guess because the speed limit up there is a lil higher and on open highways, you want to catch all the ppl tryin to speed up to sacramento or something. But $100k? Day-um. Capitalism at its best.

Farzam
08-18-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd love to be that cop...

Frosty_spl
08-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I bet it was donated by GM. There is no way they bought it.

Dirty Habit
08-18-2007, 01:55 PM

i came in here to post this.

Same here.

I bet it was donated by GM. There is no way they bought it.

GM is having enough problems as it is in Michigan. Donating a car like this instead of cutting mass employees or telling them their retirement is gone would make a lot more people pissed.

I used to live on 10 mile road, we would go to Bloomfield hills to pick up friends..some of the people there are absurdly rich.

Then agian, I dont live in Cali..so..