PDA

View Full Version : Rate a shirt design!!

Teknolust72
08-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Zilvians, I know most of you guys dont pull punches when it comes to advice and criticism. So I figured I would turn to you guys for an honest opinion. I've designed a few shirts before for other companies and what not, but I wanted to try my hand on a shirt that really didnt have a client to cater to. So, this is a rather new (and interesting) direction for me.

I believe you guys have to sign up on Threadless.com to actually vote/rate this design, but membership is free, and you might even find some cool shirts that you'd want to buy.

Threadless- Shirt Design (http://www.threadless.com/submission/129611/Say_What)

http://media.threadless.com/subs/big/129611.gif

SexPanda
08-15-2007, 12:53 AM
i dont get modern art. Is it a unicorn?

A Spec Products
08-15-2007, 12:58 AM
It's alright, not really seeing the concept of the design though

It is kinda mixmatch styles which I understand, but I don't grasp the connection of the speech bubble and the rear design

But I'm tired of that swirly q's type old type design stuff (no thanks to the Viceroy "V" LOL!)...with that kinda stuff you expect to see a fleur-de-lis (New Orleans Saints logo for those not knowing) sitting dead center or something...just kinda overdone imo...just like adding the word "couture" to anything

You could probably cut the bubble down to not have the double layer....cause right now its a 4 color screen, and if you take out the 2nd bubble you can have a 3 color screen, which would save cost (not counting black text as a screen)

DRavenS13
08-15-2007, 01:02 AM
i think it's angry, swirly paint. see how it's swearing?

Teknolust72
08-15-2007, 01:11 AM
It's alright, not really seeing the concept of the design though

It is kinda mixmatch styles which I understand, but I don't grasp the connection of the speech bubble and the rear design

But I'm tired of that swirly q's type old type design stuff (no thanks to the Viceroy "V" LOL!)...with that kinda stuff you expect to see a fleur-de-lis (New Orleans Saints logo for those not knowing) sitting dead center or something...just kinda overdone imo...just like adding the word "couture" to anything

You could probably cut the bubble down to not have the double layer....cause right now its a 4 color screen, and if you take out the 2nd bubble you can have a 3 color screen, which would save cost (not counting black text as a screen)

I thought about the whole 3 or 4 color process thing, but Threadless will take care of printing of submitted designs, whether its 2, 3, or 4 colors. So I figured just get "crazy" and do 4 colors. Bad part is, Threadless will have rights to the design.

lil240sx95
08-15-2007, 01:26 AM
i would buy it...looks like a shirt that would make it to urban outfitters, if not tell me where they sell it and i will buy it and wear it

spitfire7
08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
i love the edit bubble. all u need is two guys, and one steppin on the others shoe, and one with the edit bubble. pm me i have a million ideas.

SexPanda
08-15-2007, 01:41 AM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a807/a807.gif
a design i made that tshirthell.com bought. i got 10 free shirts and 200 bucks... HELL YEAH!

But besides the fact i dont understand it, id wear it. your design looks cool.

BustedS13
08-15-2007, 02:21 AM
why are those photoshop brushes cussing?

azndoc
08-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Not a fan of it.

Don't get it.

Don't like it.

kanagawa_kouki
08-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Not feelin' the shirt, but I do give you props on being creative and trying new things... On the other hand, I'm sure their are many people out there that would purchase and wear that shirt. :)

Teknolust72
08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Its so awesome to get everyone's first thoughts of the shirt. Its funny, and sometimes totally random, what goes through peoples minds when it comes to clothing. Thanks to everyone who gave their insight and ideas.

Not_Nissan
08-15-2007, 08:31 PM
id wear it...its kinda random...not really a direct point....which makes it cool i.m.o......but ey, oh well...i'd buy it

Frosty_spl
08-16-2007, 08:25 PM
There is no concept, just design elements that have to correlation to one another. Keep trying!!!:)

DUFFM4N
08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
two conflicting styles...not feelin it

kyoru
08-16-2007, 09:29 PM
two conflicting styles...not feelin it
i have to agree, your bubble is clashing too much with your background, which can be good in some cases

Kn1ves
08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
i thought it was the viceroy shirt cussing us out.

Teknolust72
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
The design was taken off of threadless.com. I've got a few more I will be submitting in the next few weeks. Thanks for everyones input; I will be taking it into consideration as I design new stuff.

S14TEVE
08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
trying too hard to be random.
the strokes are way too thick.
you shouldn't have stretched the shapes horizontally. the rounded corners on the word bubbles became stretched too which looks a little cheesy.
the design in the back would be dope by itself.