PDA

View Full Version : Jim Crow. Free the Jena 6

NemeGuero
08-14-2007, 01:32 AM
http://freethejena6.org

Last fall, when two Black high school students sat under the "white" tree on their campus, white students responded by hanging nooses from the tree. When Black students protested the light punishment for the students who hung the nooses, District Attorney Reed Walters came to the school and told the students he could "take [their] lives away with a stroke of [his] pen." Racial tension continued to mount in Jena, and the District Attorney did nothing in response to several egregious cases of violence and threats against black students. But when a white student--who had been a vocal supporter of the students who hung the nooses--taunted a black student, allegedly called several black students "n*gger", and was beaten up by black students, six black students were charged with second-degree attempted murder. Last month, the first young man to be tried, Mychal Bell, was convicted. He faces up to 22 years in prison for a school fight.

http://freethejena6.org/

EDIT:if you go to the site, there is a "take action" tab.. you can send an email. they do it for you
all you have to do is fill out your name

takes 5 minutes.

!Zar!
08-14-2007, 01:57 AM
lolamericangovernmentlol

Farzam
08-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Racism is such fucking petty bullshit.

TheWolf
08-14-2007, 05:51 AM
unfortunately... taunting isn't a felony but a first degree ass kicking is.. What happened to being the "bigger" man and just ignoring it.

fromxtor
08-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Talk about ignorant.

Wahl 136
08-14-2007, 08:21 AM
That sickens me that people can still find reasons to do things like this to each other.

SexPanda
08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Damn I thought stuff like that really was a thing of the past. the government being openly prejudicial? Its a shame it still goes on in such open view to the world.

NemeGuero
08-14-2007, 01:53 PM
For those with questions: you can find a link on the website to a news article that goes more in depth on the situation.

spoolint78
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
nemeguero, did that wg go out yet?
i never got a pm fromm you.
just wanted to know because i noticed you posted this thread today.
thanks

bamaboy
08-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Violence shouldn't be the first choice, but when you are racially attacked I feel like you have to do what you have to do.The "N" word is never acceptable from a white person towards a black person, especially in anger or hurtful ways.

Racism is the ultimate form of ignorance. Racism will never die when it is facilitated by our elected leaders!

azndoc
08-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Messed up.

I can't believe shit like that still happens to this day.

jilo
08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
that is some retarded shit i swear. i dont know how people get away with it.
hope i dont get too much spam out of signing up....

NemeGuero
08-14-2007, 09:09 PM
No spam at all. I've done it.

They do send you a single email thanking you for your contribution.

BustedS13
08-14-2007, 09:52 PM
you guys ever had Red Hot Riplets? they're pretty good.

JesusFreakDrifter
08-14-2007, 09:57 PM
im not surprised by whats going on, injustice like this always happen to my peoples, im pretty sure if you didn't make this thread, no one would have known, or believed if it was just word of mouth..., like always.

SexPanda
08-14-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm only 1/8 black and this offends me. I'd have whooped some white boys' ass too...

And no that wasnt a joke involving the colors of a panda. My great grandmother was from ethiopa. My great grandfather met her in WW2 fighting the italians. Its cool what you can learn from your parents and what not.

DRavenS13
08-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Racists should have their eyes gouged out.

NemeGuero
08-15-2007, 04:13 AM
im not surprised by whats going on, injustice like this always happen to my peoples, im pretty sure if you didn't make this thread, no one would have known, or believed if it was just word of mouth..., like always.

This is why I made the thread. To spread this around. I got it from a close friend of mine off my myspace.

The more people that this gets to, the better.

Pank
08-15-2007, 06:13 PM
ok, fucking TREES are segregated now? That highschool sounds shitty