PDA

View Full Version : new job= what car?

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
so im going to start my new job at either lexus or toyota....:x:
i want to get a newer car....something fast and clean, something i can buy at a dealership....all my close friends have semi fast cars (saleen stang,3 new si civics, s2000,g35) well i dont wanna feel left out...i want something fast but i dont wanna pay too much...
any help would be nice...thanx....:squintd:

Farzam
08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
http://saladwithsteve.com/agcar.gif

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
forget fast go for style and have the nices car. the IS is a nice car. but a g35 is the same price.

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
were can i buy one of those at?

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
forget fast go for style and have the nices car. the IS is a nice car. but a g35 is the same price.

they are nice but i want somethign semi-fast.....is350 msrp is 39k so is a g35.....i do want soemthing nice with style but i dont wanna sacrafice power too...

EchoOfSilence
08-09-2007, 01:52 PM

lexus IS350? infiiti g35?

man i say screw getting the new car, keep the 240, save for down payment on a house, and/or invest your $$'s

614duece40
08-09-2007, 02:13 PM
forget those cars, get a beater for gas savage and use the money you would spend on those cars and put it into a 240.

wootwoot
08-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Toyota Matrix.

Farzam, i love you.

Farzam
08-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd love you but then i'd need to take the advice I gave this guy.

DOOK
08-09-2007, 02:21 PM

lexus IS350? infiiti g35?

man i say screw getting the new car, keep the 240, save for down payment on a house, and/or invest your $$'s

only good advice in this thread thus far... take care of the important shit first bro, worry about the luxuries later.

Baka Sama
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Most people are too caught up with keeping up with the jones' to actually save their money.

It all depends on how much money you have to put down, how much you have in the bank left over, how much your new job is paying you, have you even started your new job, and how loaded are your parents.

Your only 18.. Most kids your age dont have +35k cars. And trust me, you dont want to be stuck in a 6 year 400.00/month car payment.

viscid240
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
you dont want to be stuck in a 6 year 400.00/month car payment.

Sure he does, why do you think he asked this question.

Get a STI or a g35.

ManoNegra
08-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Lol, I know too many kids who as soon as they have a half decent job go out and buy STI, s2000, etc and can't barely afford the gas after. If you 'must' get a nice car then I'd suggest you save your money and put down a hefty down payment. Also nice car + young kid = raped by insurance company. Lube up.

SiI40sx
08-09-2007, 03:13 PM
How about if you end up being the FASTEST out of your friend but look the worst? P.O.S 240, CLEAN AND STRAIGHT but with ugly ass paint, ugly wheels (but with function) putting 250whp on a turbo swap. You spend 1/5 of what you would with a new "fast" car and will be even faster than it.

Baka Sama
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
^ 240's are only ugly when people make them ugly. s14's can be a very nice DD.

BBSilvia
08-09-2007, 03:56 PM
i agree with them stick with the 240 and save up for more important things

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Most people are too caught up with keeping up with the jones' to actually save their money.

It all depends on how much money you have to put down, how much you have in the bank left over, how much your new job is paying you, have you even started your new job, and how loaded are your parents.

Your only 18.. Most kids your age dont have +35k cars. And trust me, you dont want to be stuck in a 6 year 400.00/month car payment.

TURE...I DONT WANNA PAY THAT MUCH A MONTH.... I START IN ABOUT A MONTH...WELL IM GETTING AN INTERNSHIP SO I DONT HAVE TO START AS A PORTER OR A LUBE TECH... IM NOT SURE WHAT I'LL BE DOING EXCEPT WRENCHING....BUT I WASNT THINKING ABOUT A G35..... BUT IM LOOKING AT MAYBE A COBRA OR AN STi A USED ONE OF COURSE...

seantwopointone
08-09-2007, 04:05 PM

that made my day.

and oh snap you're 18.

insurance blows for a 18 year old. unless you're making serious bank you are gonna be cutting into food money to pay for your car.

IMO not worth it. buy a beater and work on it.

ALTRNTV
08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
What exactly will you be doing at the dealership? How much will your pay be? You sure you can afford all of this?

It says you're 18, 18 year olds don't typically get the "high-paying" jobs at dealerships. They usually get the car washing jobs...

ManoNegra
08-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Aside from the asshole whose daddy owns the company, I've never met an intern that could afford any of the cars you're looking at.

Wei240
08-09-2007, 05:01 PM
so, what does your friends do that do have nice cars... ask them for a job...

if it's their parents money, then forget it,
just stick with something cheap and reliable...

Baka Sama
08-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Double post!

Baka Sama
08-09-2007, 05:11 PM

if it's your parents money, then get a 06' M45 !

fixed.

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM

if it's their parents money, then forget it,
just stick with something cheap and reliable...

the 1 with a g35 worx at stater bors(super market)
the 1 w/an s2000 worx at vons
the 1 with a saleen is a porter at a local chevy dealer
the 2 of the guys w/brand new Si's both work at stater bros.
and the last guy w/ a si worx at Fedex

one of the parents is kinda of "wealthy " i guess his dad is and x-sheriff.....mom is a nurse...adn the guy w/ the g35 his g-ma gave him money for a down payment on the g35...it was no more than 3k...

Phlip
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Make - Fucking
Model - Clue

... if you're making enough money to afford a brand new car at 18, do the smart thing and get a reliable used one, stack that paper and invest it in yourself.
"Guns & Butter" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_versus_butter_model)

WILDACEX187
08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
go to bank and open up a investment portfolio. buy a last get q45 for about 12k i think and u'll be fly

aznpoopy
08-09-2007, 05:42 PM

one of the parents is kinda of "wealthy " i guess his dad is and x-sheriff.....mom is a nurse...adn the guy w/ the g35 his g-ma gave him money for a down payment on the g35...it was no more than 3k...

dude
they don't own their cars
the bank (or parent) owns it until they pay it of
what you're really buying into is a 5-10 year load of debt

i'd advise against it unless you actually need a car
if you just want one, play it smart and hold off

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 05:45 PM
then i need to get a 240....would it be better to buy a 240 on the street or at a dealer?

ManoNegra
08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
street would be cheaper as long as you know how to spot a good trouble free car. If not bribe someone to come with you. Beer works.

eastcoastS14
08-09-2007, 06:04 PM
hey man ive got a friend with each car youve listed plus plenty others....from G35's to Sti's to RX7's...and I gotta say, I wouldnt give up my 240....now the kid with the Sti works but gets raped on payments/ insurance and has minor upgrades but serious shit is too expensive....G35 is paid for by friends dad and its stock right now.....my 240 was purchased for $2500...i pay $84 a month for insurance so all my money can go toward mods/booze and whatever else I want. with even 20k you could build a 240 that would p0wn your choice of $30-50k cars....If I were you get yourself a nice daily driver...maybe a nice truck or something, get a nice S14 and build that ish....my last car 350whp s14 would easily put any of my friends cars to shame and without the high insurance and no payments at all

EchoOfSilence
08-09-2007, 06:06 PM

dude
they don't own their cars
the bank (or parent) owns it until they pay it of
what you're really buying into is a 5-10 year load of debt

i'd advise against it unless you actually need a car
if you just want one, play it smart and hold off

dude please don't follow in their footsteps and please listen to aznpoopy.
save your money, buy your 240, go slow with it, and make sure you're building your savings with your income. your friends' jobs aren't enough to safely sustain their car payments and a healthy lifestyle without a lot of parental support. be the smart one.

EchoOfSilence
08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
street would be cheaper as long as you know how to spot a good trouble free car. If not bribe someone to come with you. Beer works.

here, I'll translate for you:

ManoNegra will come with you if you get him drunk and you pick him up. He'll help you out. :naughty:

Matej
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Go VIP!

http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/english/images/top_05.jpg

BustedS13
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
you're 18 and you want a brand new car? well, unless mommy and daddy are going to throw you the keys, i'd suggest holding off. there are far more important things than having a nice car. based on the fact that you're getting a job instead of college, i don't think you could afford anything too spectacular anyway. stick with whatever you have, or buy something reliable and cheap. save money, don't waste it.

blknismo180
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
you're 18 and you want a brand new car? well, unless mommy and daddy are going to throw you the keys, i'd suggest holding off. there are far more important things than having a nice car. based on the fact that you're getting a job instead of college, i don't think you could afford anything too spectacular anyway. stick with whatever you have, or buy something reliable and cheap. save money, don't waste it.

i just completed my first year in college....and am getting certified through my schools program...its called toyota t-ten...so while im workin i also go to school....i agree w/everyone...idk if they all get screwed over or not but....i know i want something decent.....

SexPanda
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM

THE AMBIGUOUSLY GAY DUO!
lmfao that made my day as well...

And just go out and buy a solstice. they're pretty quick, they look good, and best of all, they're FR.

BustedS13
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
i just completed my first year in college....and am getting certified through my schools program...its called toyota t-ten...so while im workin i also go to school....i agree w/everyone...idk if they all get screwed over or not but....i know i want something decent.....

ah. well, that's cool that you're doing college and working at the same time, but it'd still probably be wise to avoid pouring a ton of cash into a car right now.

bamaboy
08-09-2007, 09:39 PM
everything these people say is true. I've always had good jobs and it took me until I was 24 to actually be able to comfortably afford a car in the 24-30k range, and to tell you the truth, I will not ever finance that much on a car again. Remember, no matter what happens to you, wrecks, lose your job, get fired, decide you boss is an asshole and quit.....yadayada... you still have to make that payment every month or you will start a journey down a long dark road called fucked up credit. I went down that road, trust me, it sucks balls and no car no matter how nice can make you feel better about it.

ManoNegra
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
here, I'll translate for you:

ManoNegra will come with you if you get him drunk and you pick him up. He'll help you out. :naughty:

No way in hell. I've helped people in the past only to regret it.