PDA

View Full Version : couple trys to name their son '4real' or 'superman'

Evil240
08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
seriously... some parents are idiots...

from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070808/od_nm/newzealand_name_odd_dc;_ylt=AlZIEI5KR5pbcsqd7cxChs qs0NUE

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a baby.. Wed Aug 8, 9:23 AM ET

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their chosen name of 4Real has been rejected by the government registry.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton say they will get around the decision by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages by officially naming their son Superman but referring to him as 4Real, the New Zealand Herald newspaper has reported.

The Wheatons decided on the name after seeing the baby for the first time in an ultrasound scan and realizing their baby was "for real."

They decided 4Real was the best way to write it, but the name was rejected because the registrar said a name had to be a sequence of characters.

Pat Wheaton said he was considering appealing against the decision through the courts, but whatever happens he won't be budged on his choice.

"No matter what its going to stay 4Real," Wheaton told the Herald, "I'm certainly not a quitter."

A spokesman for the Department of Internal Affairs, which operates the registry told the Herald discussions with the Wheatons about their son's name were continuing.

The baby is now two months old, after the Wheatons first applied to register his name in later June.

spitfire7
08-09-2007, 09:37 AM
they are crazy as hell

91rps13
08-09-2007, 09:40 AM
LOL.. poor kid hope they dont get away with it .. 4real man...LOL..

speaking of babies, i think am gonna be a dad :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....

No 4real or superman for my kid..LOL

Farzam
08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Why don't they spell it...

FORREAL
FORRELL
FURREYULL
FOR-REAL
FAREALZ

or even...

FOREEL!

Evil240
08-09-2007, 10:00 AM
LOL.. poor kid hope they dont get away with it .. 4real man...LOL..

speaking of babies, i think am gonna be a dad :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....

No 4real or superman for my kid..LOL

CONGRATS!

if its a girl.. name her silvia.. hahahaha

91rps13
08-09-2007, 10:16 AM
CONGRATS!

thanx..

silvia would be freakin awsome!!!!! or zilvia LOL!!!

for some reason i hope its a girl..

JDMS1lv1a
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
name the kid Batman lol

thatdrifterguy
08-09-2007, 01:45 PM
wtf? ive seen names like J-5 and the local newspaper actually stated that he had a brother named J-4 i believe.

ls180sx
08-09-2007, 01:54 PM
CONGRATS!

Thats what I named my baby girl :hsdance:

BBSilvia
08-09-2007, 04:02 PM
i feel bad for that kid if he gets names superman

unwed_transient
08-09-2007, 04:17 PM
those names are tame.

my mother used to be a teacher. she had two students who were brothers.

i shit you not, they were named pimpish and shithead (not the actual spelling, it was pronounced shi-thead)

Evil240
08-09-2007, 04:23 PM
those names are tame.

my mother used to be a teacher. she had two students who were brothers.

i shit you not, they were named pimpish and shithead (not the actual spelling, it was pronounced shi-thead)

thats pretty bad... but!

i know a girl who gave herself an english name... "Garfield" no joke.

i was recently introduced to my moms-friends-son... who set his english name as "Turbo" (im guessing he watched too much initial D or to much FF)

as for myself, i watched a lot of westerns when i was 3 or 4 years old.

eastcoastS14
08-09-2007, 04:31 PM
christ people are fucking stupid.....what the fuck ever happened to nick names....thats why you name your kid something normal so he doesnt get shit on his whole life....then you can give him a nickname thats as embarassing as you want......this kid will end up hating his parents and getting his name changed if not killing them in their sleep.....4real? im gonna have a kid and name him RUphukingjoking

SexPanda
08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Lol thats like the girl named asshole (pronounced ashley)

Im guessing these people are your average, uneducated thug wanna-be's named Tyrel and She'queefa.

And i'm also guessing these people are white, since they live in New Zealand. I hope the hip hop community is happy they've turned an entire generation into dumbshits. Lmfao

But its ok, theyre all rich. I respect that.

DRavenS13
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Do we not remember the FAMOUS people that name their kids ridiculous shit?

Gwyneth Paltrow- Apple
Courteney Cox- Coco
Bruce Willis - Scout
Jason Lee- Pilot Inspektor (Why?)
George Foreman- all his kids are named George
Michael Jackson- Blanket

....the list goes on and on.

xblack240x
08-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I feel sorry for kids that have to grow up with random names that allow them to be riduculed all the time...

Matej
08-10-2007, 10:14 PM
#1: Yo what's your name?
#2: Superman.
#1: 4real?
#2: Sighhh... :(

Evil240
08-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Do we not remember the FAMOUS people that name their kids ridiculous shit?

Gwyneth Paltrow- Apple
Courteney Cox- Coco
Bruce Willis - Scout
Jason Lee- Pilot Inspektor (Why?)
George Foreman- all his kids are named George
Michael Jackson- Blanket

....the list goes on and on.

errr.... nicolas cage named is son 'Kal-El" and said that he thought the krytonian name for superman was fitting

Phoenix_95
08-11-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm going to name my kid Roflcopters...when I have one lol :tweak:

jilo
08-11-2007, 06:18 PM

unrelated, but i had a female ferret once that i had named silvia. she turned out to be retarded. quite literally, she had some sort of nervous system defect that made her lose use of her rear legs. so after a while she ended up getting put to sleep from my muffler...... from a silvia.

dont name kids silvia....

1121S13
08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I saw something similar on the news today. Some old lady naming her dog Sh!thead... She said, "i don't see the difference between naming my dog Sh!thead and names like Dick for people."

ZenkiKid
08-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Shannon Sossamon (chick from 40 days 40 nights) named her son AudioScience.

Evil240
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Shannon Sossamon (chick from 40 days 40 nights) named her son AudioScience.

i just read that too... "Audio Science Clayton" wow!

SexPanda
08-13-2007, 12:33 AM
i just read that too... "Audio Science Clayton" wow!

To quote the late, great Rick James:

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug"