PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxycut?

BobbyDigi
08-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Listen,

I want to shed a few LB's before i get married (getting married in a year). I have cut down on portions (of course), eaten healthier, and have started to fall into a half-assed work out regiment.

I want to do more though, But i want to do it as safe as possible.

I want a suppliment that will not affect heart-rate or risk of high blood pressure (i don't want to take stackers or any other speed-like metabo-booster)

I have doen some research on hydroxycut, anyone use it?

what are the

1. Side effects?
2. health risks?
3. results?

of using Hydroxycut? is there anyhtign better that works and is as safe? Does it work?

thanks dudes!

Unholy S14
08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
the new stuff really doesnt work.

I wouldnt take it man, just go to the gym in the morning or night ( whenever you can ) and work your ass off.

loosesocksdiff
08-09-2007, 07:29 AM
30 min. weights
30 min. cardio
do it the natural way.

S14TEVE
08-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I did the hydroxy cut hardcore to tone up b4 summer... i would take it in the morning when i woke up.. then again later on in the middle of the day 30 min b4 working out... It didn't seem like it 'burned fat' faster than my body naturally would. It made me feel like i was on crack or something.. that's one of the side effects, it can make you gittery cuz its loaded with caffeine. Then when you're off the Hydroxy Cut, you sort of have withdrawals, it feels like you don't have enough energy without it. yeah dude just do it naturally, lots of cardio and low fat diet + protein powder with soymilk.

sikkk240
08-09-2007, 09:56 AM
just go the natural way man..
swimming, hit the gym.. do some cardio... walking...
Lift low amounts of wait, and do alot of reps.. that will help with just toning, and trimming off some pounds.

Farzam
08-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Instead of posting on here...go work out...
And then post on here.

Enjuku Racing
08-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I used to take that stuff during my highschool/football years. Its ok to take it now just because they removed the affedrine out of it. Honestly I did see side effects. shaking of hands. and withdrawals. But honestly if you cut down your portions and do lots of cardio you should be fine.
Trust me you can lose alot of weight just by doing this. run twice a day, once in the morning, once at night usually 1-2 miles should be fine. whats your weight and height right now?

I suggest maybe taking vitamin suppliments just because when you cut down food intake you're body might not be getting enough vitamins.

DOOK
08-09-2007, 10:03 AM
yeah, I took it back in the day when it actually had affedrine during high school football and shit, all it did was make you feel like you were invincible and on crack so you worked twice as hard during workouts etc...

BustedS13
08-09-2007, 10:10 AM
it's "ephedrine".

and if you want something that's effective, you can't go wrong with an ECA stack. Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin. but you can't just pop pills and expect to lose anything. you have to exercise, too.

DOOK
08-09-2007, 10:12 AM
where you getting ephedrine now is the question since it's illegal and all.

Enjuku Racing
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM
you can still get ephedrine I beleive. I just dont think its over the counter.

BustedS13
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
it's still over the counter. you can get it at any gas station around here, but you have to sign a form every time you buy a box.

that said, i'm sure california has some gay law about it. but i bet you could still buy it from an online vendor. not like california has customs coming into the state from the rest of the US (yet).

FinalDrive
08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
they still have it at gas stations here in GA
ECA stack is no joke, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone

DOOK
08-09-2007, 10:27 AM
West Virginia has taken it off the shelves completely I believe...

azndoc
08-09-2007, 10:32 AM
West Virginia has taken it off the shelves completely I believe...

They should take inbreeding off the shelves too.

DOOK
08-09-2007, 10:33 AM
They should take inbreeding off the shelves too.

why?.... if your sister isn't good enough for you, she's not good enough for me :D

azndoc
08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey my sister is great. Unlike your sister. PM me pics of her. Thanks.

ManoNegra
08-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Used it back when it had ephedrine. Would take it an hour before lunch and it worked - I used to jog, hit the gym and play soccer regularly then too - I could definitely see results. But yeah jittery, lack of concentration and withdrawl symptoms were crazy. Hear it's useless now.
But like everyone is saying, there are no shortcuts to getting in shape that are 'safe'. Eat right and work out regularly.

miucus
08-09-2007, 02:19 PM
i tried it once before i hit the gym. my friend said it pumps you up and you dont know when to stop lifting because you never get tired. I didnt feel pumped or feel any effects. so that was my first and last time taking it.

ManoNegra
08-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I dont' know about pumping you up but iirc it's more of a fat burner.

WERDdabuilder
08-09-2007, 03:55 PM
why lose weight now? youre just gonna gain it all back once the reception is over.

if you want to lose weight...walk slow but long distance, you burn more cals that way. and hit the gym.

trogdor
08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
i'd go with high intensity interval training if you're down for busting ass.

eastcoastS14
08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
i can find out what my room mate from this past year has been taking....he was a pretty big dude and i saw him recently after not having seen him for like 3 months and he lost a shit load of weight.....he always had hydroxycut things laying around....idk if thats what took all the weight off tho.....try smoking weed without eating lol, I know several who have shed some poundage on that diet

Matej
08-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Try riding a bicycle, it's supposed to be one of the healthiest exercises ever, even healthier than walking or running.

yojimbo206
08-09-2007, 06:43 PM
i'm a certified personal trainer and i can tell you from experience that its all hype and no payoff, it will severely affect your heart rate and eventually have negative effects on your body. if you're interested pm me and i'll send you a fat burning workout you can do at home. products like this are dangerous in the hands of the untrained and useless even to those who use supplements daily

btw i love your screen name, i'm a huge Wu-Tang fan

SexPanda
08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
My dad used hydroxycut a few years ago. with diet and excersize he lost like 20 lbs in a few months... but props to yojimbo. Anything that you put into your body like that can hurt you. I'd just cut the "shortcuts" and keep doing what your doing. You do have a year after all.

One thing you must do to loose weight: DRINK A SHIT TON OF WATER!
Water is used in metabolism, and when your dehydrated, your metabolism slows down to help conserve water. That and when you drink alot of water, your body will start to drop stored water that you have. I did it and seriously, I lost 10 lbs in a week. Its because many people dont drink enough water. When suddenly you do, your body says to itself "hey i dont need to store this" and it starts to drop it. Its not fat, but its weight nonetheless.

Wahl 136
08-09-2007, 09:58 PM
You might also consider drinking more alcohol!

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholCaloriesAndWeight.html

That's a joke, I suggest you research different diet regimes with a balanced work out. It's the only safe way to lose weight.

jayrvintayen
08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
dont use hydroxycut.
just jog like 3 miles every other day and eat healthy.
make sure you eat like 6 small meals a day, breakfast being most important.
i did that for a month and went from 186 to 165 and got lazy after that.
it was tough as hell, but fuck, it was worth it.
good luck on your workout.

musikjunkie
08-10-2007, 03:32 AM
i lost close to 20 pounds in over a year. i know it may not sound like much but i did it the natural way by lifting weights and cardio. my diet wasnt so hardcore i would be a fatty every now and then. but as i still lifted and ran i still lost the weight that is why i think the best possible way to lose weight and still say healthy

PBucch
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Id rather make dietary changes than take a stimulant personally.

Aslo, try jiu-jitsu. Heres some places in your area:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&q=jiu+jitsu&near=Columbus,+OH&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

get out there big man!

DRavenS13
08-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Using all those fat-burners is bad. They are loaded with a bunch of crap that's gonna make your heart give out and you'll be susceptible to premature heart attacks. Besides, you said you have a year till you get married, why don't you work out a schedule with your chick and work out together? I'm sure she's gonna want to look good for it too. It'll give you a chance to unwind and work out a lot of the frustration that's gonna go into planning your wedding.

BTW- what the hell is up with everyone getting married????

azndoc
08-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Just regular old running is fine.

It's free

No membership needed

No dress code

It's open 24/7 and locations are everywhere.

s13rookie
08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
The health risks of ephedra are unfounded. It got a lot of bad press that it really should not have. I work for a supplement company that used to produce a couple ephedra products and am quite familiar with the risks/benefits of the prod. I take it daily. I know they are legal in MN and they are also in Canada as a nasal decongestant. you can also order it online from lots of places.

Reducing portions is only part of losing weight. Depending on your eating habits you can lose weight by eating more. What you eat is much more important than how much. If you dont eat enough your body will go into a catabolic state and eat muscle instead of fat. Who wants to lose 20lbs and have 18lbs of it be muscle?