PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise in Star Trek?

B18C5MK1
08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
http://i16.tinypic.com/54oc0ih.jpg

IGN says that J.J. Abrams has asked Tom Cruise to play Captain Christopher Pike in the upcoming movie version of "Star Trek". Pike was James T. Kirk's predecessor and captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the original and unaired Star Trek TV pilot. The role would be little more than a cameo. IGN says:

Cruise's name first surfaced last fall as a possibility for a role in Trek, but Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson said, "That story is not true." There was still bad blood between Cruise and Trek studio Paramount at that time, but in recent months Sumner Redstone, the Viacom honcho who ousted Cruise, has softened his rhetoric, leaving the door open for reconciliation. A Cruise cameo in Trek, however, would be a favor to Abrams and not to Paramount.

While I appreciate JJ Abrams absolute faith in my Star Trek knowledge, it's possible he's overestimating the average movie goers enthusiasm for Star Trek trivia. Besides you're asking for trouble to put Tom Cruise's scientology lovin ass on a spaceship. You'll yell action, he'll see some lasers, think it's the rapture and start killing everyone. :keke:

Source:
http://www.wwtdd.com/

BustedS13
08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
while you were still learning to spell your name, i was being trained to CONQUER GALAXIES

DRavenS13
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe being in Star Trek will jog his memory as to what planet he really comes from, and then he can go back home to the rest of the AMAZING people there, and take that jello-pudding-brained girl and their offspring with him.

Unholy S14
08-08-2007, 10:06 PM
hahahahah that pic is awesome

Farzam
08-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Tom Cruise surrounded by aliens...
What's the difference?

SexPanda
08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Tom Cruise in a movie about flying around in space meeting aliens...
Isnt that what his religion basically is? I wonder why he turned it down lol.

BustedS13
08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
how did the dude with the pilot license and airstrip instead of a driveway, who starred in risky business and top gun, turn out to be such a douche?

SexPanda
08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Tom Cruise doesnt have absolute power, no. But damn near it. So hes damn near absolutely corrupted. Besides, being in such a liberal place like hollywood for so long changes people. They start to go crazy, start believing aleins cause everyones troubles, and that global warming is going to kill everyone, and that they are better than everyone else because they own 20 prius's...

DRavenS13
08-09-2007, 02:05 AM
how did the dude with the pilot license and airstrip instead of a driveway, who starred in risky business and top gun, turn out to be such a douche?

He broke up with Nicole Kidman. I think that would be enough to drive any man insane.

exitspeed
08-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't dig Star Trek so I don't care much.