PDA

View Full Version : Attn: USMC! Where are you stationed?

TipStylez
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Will be going in, and was wondering where you guys are all stationed and how you like it or any commets ect would be great.

Thanks

qwikspool
08-06-2007, 09:39 PM
not a marine but navy, stationed here in camp pendleton ca with the devil dogs. been in for 5 yrs.

ms!3
08-06-2007, 09:50 PM
good luck with boot and your future career. marines are bad ass. my dad was one, we mainly lived in cali and NC the whole time he was in.

Jung918
08-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm a veteran but was stationed at pendleton. Can't say about anywhere else because I was there most of the time. If you have a chance to go over seas, then do it. That is part of the experience. What is the mos you are getting yourself into? Also, let me be the first to tell you that you will hate life. I'm glad I did it, but I would never do it again.

ThatGuy
08-07-2007, 04:10 AM
MCAS New River. Jacksonville, NC.

Been here since 1999.

I like it, most hate it.

Every base has it's positives and negatives. Just make the best of it.

We don't promise you a rose garden.

Evil240
08-07-2007, 08:48 AM
i was with support battalion at MCRD San Diego for a while... then went to Pendleton for a bit. never got approved to go anywhere.. fuggers =D

did you already enlist? waiting for bootcamp? or are you deciding what MOS you want? depending on your MOS you have better chances to be stationed elsewhere.

and on a side note: if you DONT want to see combat, avoid infantry and communications... hahaha. Im a grunt, my friend was in communications (because he thought it would avoid combat), and at the end of it all, he was standing next to me with a radio.. hahaha

ThatGuy
08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
if you DONT want to see combat, avoid infantry and communications...
If you don't want to see combat, don't bother signing up.

innovation
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM

Thats totally a catch 22. Nobody wants to see combat or go to war. Some people sign up for the sheer benefits that the military provides. Btw I'm not saying you are wrong in your statement, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to be shot or worse.

ThatGuy
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
^Then stay out of the Marine Corps.

Benefits are great, but if you aren't prepared to fight, go elsewhere. This is not the place to get money for College.

mRclARK1
08-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by: ThatGuy

:werd:

Really, that should be a no-brainer joining any branch... but especially if you sign on with the Marines or the Army.

You sign up, you accept the fact that combat is a possibility... and much more likely in certain MOS's.
Originally posted by: innovation
Thats totally a catch 22. Nobody wants to see combat or go to war. Some people sign up for the sheer benefits that the military provides. Btw I'm not saying you are wrong in your statement, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to be shot or worse.

Ummm... some people join, and WANT to see combat. Most of those just don't want to see it twice. :-/

Originally posted by: ThatGuy

Benefits are great, but if you aren't prepared to fight, go elsewhere. This is not the place to get money for College.

Agreed. Something I heard said once that stuck with me (and no, I wasn't a Marine): "You train to do a job we hope you'll never have to do"

Be prepared to fight in ANY military service capacity... it comes with the territory.

To the OP: Good luck and stay safe. :bow:

ms!3
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
MCAS New River. Jacksonville, NC.

Been here since 1999.

I like it, most hate it.

Every base has it's positives and negatives. Just make the best of it.

We don't promise you a rose garden.

i lived there 2000-2005. my dad was stationed in camp lejune(sp?)
it was alright there. kinda small. not much of a car scene excpet for RPM and hp motorsports, or what ever it was called. wish you had your car like it was now acouple of years ago. i woulda liked to see it :D

S14-vietusmc
08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
was at MCAS Yuma, AZ. deployed twice to the sand box. now at Camp Fuji, Japan. loving every minute here. deploying is fun, everyone should do it. it'll humble you and be glad your an American.

Koopa Troopa
08-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Okinawa, soon to be Iraq....

As far as not joining the grunts... Eh that's not how the Marine Corps works...

I'm a 3521 Motor T mech yet right now I'm fapped to a Security Company doing field MP crap. 3521 yet I've been issued a M249 SAW, Mossberg 500 and an M16A4 with an ACOG and have been training in CQB and convoy ops for the last 6 months...

Sorry but all MOS's have the opportunity to be a combat MOS, it's just the way the Marine Corps works...

ThatGuy has to be a CRS or a career recruiter....

corwin
08-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Was stationed at Pendleton all my time, I liked it. Even on shitty days, just drive, theres always something to do around there.

I'm glad I did it, but I wouldn't do it again, lol.

Evil240
08-07-2007, 11:26 PM

seriously huh?

i went is as a grunt.. with a sign up bonus of $5k extra for the GI bill.. my friend went in for band, got a $50k bonus... hahahahaha (his ass got deployed more times that anyone i know).

eh... some people like combat, some dont. just think about it this way... its like hunting big game, cept the big game hunts back, (but usually they have piss poor aim)

for all the current marines being deployed to iraq n shit, supply isnt really giving a fugg about inventory. a friend came back with 6 30rd mags and another had came home with an eotech sight.

marcencar
08-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Main Duty station1: Camp Pendleton

2 Pumps(West-Pac)

Main Duty Station2: Oki

Edit: Been to war, its an experience but wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

UNISA JECS
08-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Im a Marine veteran I was stationed at Camp Pendleton CA I served from 95-03 I also did some time in Camp Lejune NC I liked both places but didn't really like the humid east coast weather.

ziggity
08-08-2007, 01:14 AM
2 years in, Campen right now.

TipStylez
08-08-2007, 02:05 AM

Well i tell you right now that im not joing for the benefits, im joining because i want to be a marine and go into combat.

Im going for 3 diffrent MOS, infantry, scout sniper, and last with my fingers crossed...special forces. Well see what i end up in.

I really want to go overseas. Only thing is i dont know no one there haha. But if i can convince acouple of my marine buddys to go with me, then overseas i go.

Thanks for all the replys. Whats all your guys MOS & Rank + Age anyways? I just want to know haha..curious.

Evil240
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Well i tell you right now that im not joing for the benefits, im joining because i want to be a marine and go into combat.

Im going for 3 diffrent MOS, infantry, scout sniper, and last with my fingers crossed...special forces. Well see what i end up in.

I really want to go overseas. Only thing is i dont know no one there haha. But if i can convince acouple of my marine buddys to go with me, then overseas i go.

Thanks for all the replys. Whats all your guys MOS & Rank + Age anyways? I just want to know haha..curious.

if infantry.. your are fine. if scoutsniper.. better start practice with your rifle qualifications. if you want force recon: swim... hahaha. the most difficult time i had was the swim quals. first time ever swimming with full gear sucked arse.

ThatGuy
08-08-2007, 09:01 AM

MOS 6326 MV-22B Avionics Technician. Currently an Instructor.
Rank Sergeant, should be Staff Sergeant after next months board.
Age Well it says it in my profile, but 27. Joined in September 1998.

TipStylez
08-08-2007, 09:43 AM
^You serious...my local sergeant is also a avionics technician haha.

Yeah, i been practicing. Theres a ranger i personaly know that used to be an ace marksman and hes teaching me and ect.

I already know i will hate the swim quals...but ima try my best to see how far i can go.

corwin
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
MOS - 3043 Supply Admin. Had the billet of Fiscal Chief.
Rank - Sergeant.
Age - 24.

I joined Oct 7 02, went on terminal Aug 22 06. Woo college! lol

corwin
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
As for supply not caring about inventory, it depends. Ammo isn't handled by supply, thats the S-4s job usually. Every other piece of high dollar gear they should care about... but oh well, lol.

mRclARK1
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
... first time ever swimming with full gear sucked arse.

Don't lie to him... it's loads of fun. :keke:

azndoc
08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to say good luck.

Get as much travel as you can.

Volunteer for duty to travel.

Except the big sandbox unless you want to.

Seriously good luck.

Evil240
08-08-2007, 04:10 PM
MOS: 0313 LAV gunner
from 1999-2004

swimming was semi fun, cept my bdu bottoms and tightywhiteies came off during swim qual and was swiming bare ass. fugg, i have never seen anyone laugh that damn hard. Fugg that shoe string that we had to use as a freaking belt.

ejkisela
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
USMC Civilian count? hahaha. Here on the "rock", born here, hopefully won't die here. S14 Viet. Say Hi to Obi-san from Baka Eric Shabu Shabu from Okinawa!!

ThatGuy
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
ThatGuy has to be a CRS or a career recruiter....

No way. CRS and Recruiters try to take people who don't want to be Marines or stay Marines and change their minds. I'd rather they didn't even bother if they need someone else to convince them.

I am on my 3rd Enlistment. The 3rd time I swore in was the only time I have received a bonus. I still would've done it, if there was no bonus. I'm not here for the money, there is so much more to it then that.

Koopa Troopa
08-08-2007, 04:39 PM
You took the 10k?

Only reason I'm reupping is cause they wanna give me 40K to stay in Okinawa... I'm not going to argue with that. If I go to Iraq next week I'm planning on coming back with $60K tax free but now I have less than 2 days to get a package approved by Headquarters Marine Corps or I'm not going... Admin doesn't work that fast....

kuramaya
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Okinawa Japan
Marine Gunnery Sergeant.
Marine Corps has done me well. Retire in less than 5 years. If it weren't for the Marine Corps and the choices I have made and the Marine Corps has made for me, I wouldn't have the Son and Wife I have today..oh yeah, and I drive a JDM Tight 180SX with more mods than I need:2f2f: :2f2f: :2f2f: :2f2f:

corwin
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Career Jammers... they all blow. Can't do a damn thing for most of the people who actually want to stay, and waste their time on the people who don't.

MADE
08-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm a Staff Sergeant (6414) in the Avionics field and loved every minute of it. So far I've been stationed in Iwakuni and Okinawa Japan and now San Diego Ca.

kuramaya
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm a Staff Sergeant (6414) in the Avionics field and loved every minute of it. So far I've been stationed in Iwakuni and Okinawa Japan and now San Diego Ca.
Boot!

Ha Ha

azndoc
08-08-2007, 06:41 PM
First Civ Div

Camp Couch

marcencar
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
MOS: 0612 FieldWireman
Date: Nov98-Sept02

kuramaya
08-08-2007, 07:18 PM
First Civ Div

Camp Couch

Ha Ha "Force Recline"

Evil240
08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Ha Ha "Force Recline"

this one made me laugh a bit.. hahaha.. k.. a lot... anyone ever get NJP'ed for any bullshit reason?

azndoc
08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Ha Ha "Force Recline"

LOLz Yeah I was trying to figure out the last part of it. LOLz thanks for reminding me. I used to add the Reefer Patrol to the end of it also.

This is what I did for the Marines.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4129/cartoon5hw5.jpg

mrmephistopheles
08-09-2007, 06:57 AM
MOS 6326 MV-22B Avionics Technician. Currently an Instructor.
Rank Sergeant, should be Staff Sergeant after next months board.
Age Well it says it in my profile, but 27. Joined in September 1998.

MOS 5811 Military Policeman
Rank Cpl, would be Staff Sergeant if I'd stayed in.
Age 27. Also joined in September 1998. :keke:

Yeah, i been practicing. Theres a ranger i personaly know that used to be an ace marksman and hes teaching me and ect.
I already know i will hate the swim quals...but ima try my best to see how far i can go.

If you're not good enough at this point to shoot competitively, stop practicing. The only reason you shouldn't is if your guy is instructing you 100% by the Marine Corps' Way. If you go in thinking you know what you need to know, you'll get wrapped around the axle when you go to the rifle range. Bootcamp is primarily the place to Listen, acknowledge and DO. Volunteering or deviating from the instructions will only lead to pain, discomfort and heartache.

Swim quals aren't too bad if you're a decent swimmer. Just hit the pool and practice swimming, etc.

I'm an old crusty fart. I'm also a salty Mola Ram-looking bastard who looks like he'll kill you for picking your nose.

That's ok Daryl, you're still cool to me. :D :keke:

Ha Ha "Force Recline"

Camp Couch
Camp Commander: Gen Laziness
CO: Capt Morgan
XO: Capt Crunch

I'm in charge of Pvt Parts and not much else.

This is what I did for the Marines.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4129/cartoon5hw5.jpg

Yay for Corpsmen, esp FMF Corpsmen.

OP: If you want advice on getting the job you want (none of the ones you listed are good options), let me know. I can also tell you about VA benefits and shit like that.
I had made a long post about jobs/recruiters/bullshit and ALL the bases I've been on, but it got lost into the ether when my connection spazzed out.

kuramaya
08-09-2007, 07:04 AM
:rant2: :rant2: Damn you!

Ha Ha, fuckin Po Po, I never knew that. Explains alot about your attitude:keke:

S14-vietusmc
08-09-2007, 07:12 AM
USMC Civilian count? hahaha. Here on the "rock", born here, hopefully won't die here. S14 Viet. Say Hi to Obi-san from Baka Eric Shabu Shabu from Okinawa!!

Obi-san? from FMO?

MOS: 2336 EOD

corwin
08-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Props with the EOD. We lost our EOD MSgt when we were in Iraq December 05. Damn good guy he was. Still pisses me off =/

mrmephistopheles
08-09-2007, 08:14 AM
:rant2: :rant2: Damn you!

Ha Ha, fuckin Po Po, I never knew that. Explains alot about your attitude:keke:

:keke: You know you love me.

I was actually one of the coolest MPs you could've ever encountered. If you weren't being a dumbshit, and you weren't being belligerent, I'd pretty much let you slide.

I only ever processed one underage drinker on Oki (and if you know anything about Oki, that's about the only thing underage Marines do). Most of the time I just gave them a lecture about responsible behavior and reminded them that 'if they're drunk on base, stay in their room, if they're drunk off base, STAY off base'.
I also hated writing tickets, so I usually gave verbal warnings.

kuramaya
08-09-2007, 08:28 AM
:keke: You know you love me.

I 'if they're drunk on base, stay in their room, if they're drunk off base, STAY off base'.

Best advice ever on zilvia

TipStylez
08-09-2007, 09:43 AM
thanks for all the tips and everything guys.

mrmephistopheles
08-09-2007, 11:24 AM
thanks for all the tips and everything guys.

Have you signed anything yet?

TipStylez
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
i signed a DEP contract. Im going in right after highschool.

mrmephistopheles
08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
iirc that's nothing. You haven't been to MEPS yet, right?

ejkisela
08-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Obi-san? from FMO?

MOS: 2336 EOD
Yeah from FMO!!! We went to Yokosuka on an Energy Manager's course. He is one funny dude!

mRclARK1
08-09-2007, 10:21 PM
i signed a DEP contract. Im going in right after highschool.

iirc that's nothing. You haven't been to MEPS yet, right?

You can back out of DEP anytime, or at least before you sign anything binding... at least that's what they say.

UNISA JECS
08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
For you west coast Marines who remembers the story about the Dragon Lady down at MEPS....lol the one that checks your nut sack....lol

Jung918
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
For you west coast Marines who remembers the story about the Dragon Lady down at MEPS....lol the one that checks your nut sack....lol

Which meps did you go to? All I remember at meps is doing duck walks and some dude had shit marks all over his whitey tites.

Koopa Troopa
08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Some 80 year old Navy doctor checked my junk... I'da killed for some "dragon lady"

Inlandsilvia
08-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the Marine corps devil pup! The transformation is just getting started. One of the best choices I have ever made in my life. I was in for 10yrs and got out as a Staff Sergeant. I hope you enjoy your time in whether it's for four years or 20 years. Semper Fi!!!

TipStylez
08-10-2007, 02:40 AM
I will be going to MEPS tonight.

mrmephistopheles
08-10-2007, 06:33 AM
I will be going to MEPS tonight.

Fuck.

Well, don't sign anything that you don't agree to. Don't let them pressure you. DEP contract doesn't mean shit. If you're promised a bonus, make sure it's in your contract. If you're signing up for a specific job, make sure it's in your contract.

Don't get forced into a shitty job. You can always delay going to MEPS if it means you get the job you want.

I'm going to go ahead and advise against infantry 100%. It's not a good job to have, period. I can break it down Barney-style for you if you like, but it's a abad career choice. Pick something with transferrable skills, or something that'll give you sufficient freetime to take college courses.

TipStylez
08-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Any tips on what IS a good career choice?

Evil240
08-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Fuck.

Well, don't sign anything that you don't agree to. Don't let them pressure you. DEP contract doesn't mean shit. If you're promised a bonus, make sure it's in your contract. If you're signing up for a specific job, make sure it's in your contract.

Don't get forced into a shitty job. You can always delay going to MEPS if it means you get the job you want.

I'm going to go ahead and advise against infantry 100%. It's not a good job to have, period. I can break it down Barney-style for you if you like, but it's a abad career choice. Pick something with transferrable skills, or something that'll give you sufficient freetime to take college courses.

so true +1

in every single job i have had, i have never stated that was infantry. cause in all honesty, that skill really doesnt transfer over good to civilian life. pick a mos that you feel you would like to carry over after the marine corps.

i mean infantry was fun for me, but that was it... try going into a bank job and telling them.. "dude.. i used to kill people for a living.." hahahaha. Im pretty sure your boss will never piss you off or try to fire you though.

TipStylez
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
^hahahaha.

Turned out my MEPS was delayed cause of some medical papers, so i just went in and took my ASVAB test. Passed with 33, i dont know if thats good or bad. But they did say i did almost perfect on the mechanical ect parts and told me any job i want thats related to being a tec or a mech il get 100%.

I still want to try my best to become a scout sniper for the special forces.

Jung918
08-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Any tips on what IS a good career choice?

That is for you to decide. I know people that chose a job that is related to the air station. They got out and worked for Boeing. I chose to be in military police because I plan on going into the civilian police force soon.
Also, before you sign the contract, make sure you get the occupation that you want. There are 4 digits. the first 2 are the occupation and the last 2 is the specialty. Make sure all 4 numbers matches the job that you want and not just the first 2 sets of numbers.

ie. 5800 is the Military Police occupation. However, 5811 is an actual military police. There is also 5831 which is a corrections specialist.

Ask them about sign on bonuses and also the 50k GI Bill option. From what I hear about the military hurting for bodies, you should get at least one of them.
If you get the bonus, you wont receive it until after your mos school. It also gets taxed.

mrmephistopheles
08-10-2007, 11:20 PM
I still want to try my best to become a scout sniper for the special forces.

It's your choice.

Understand that for those of us who've walked down this particular path, that's like saying you'd rather drive a very shiny and clean Pinto as opposed to a Mercedes that needs a cleaning.

In a bar or a club, you'll get some cool points, and maybe bag some ass for it.
You'll also get cool points and bag ass just for the fact that you're in the Marines, so the difference is negligible.

Basically to be Force Recon or a Scout/Sniper, your best bet is to go infantry. There's no guarantee of Force Recon or Scout/Sniper - you basically have to be shit-hot and request it.

Going infantry is like all the worst aspects of boot camp, but for the duration of your career.
Living in squad bays, humps, constant PT, field exercises, deployments, etc.

Basically what you end up with when you're doing being infantry is this:

Physical fitness
bad ankles/knees, sometimes other injuries
alcoholism/misogynist attitude (or both), although this isn't uncommon for all Marines
ability to shoot accurately
some interesting stories

No real job skills, even though they'll tell you when you get out that you can put that you were a direct supervisor of x amount of employees, that's just bullshit that an employer will skim past without acknowledgment.

sidenote/agreement with Jung

go for the bonuses, sign up for the GI Bill and any top-up you can.
If you plan to go to college, it's a smoking deal.

Evil240
08-10-2007, 11:57 PM

Physical fitness
alcoholism/misogynist attitude (or both), although this isn't uncommon for all Marines
some interesting stories

No real job skills, even though they'll tell you when you get out that you can put that you were a direct supervisor of x amount of employees, that's just bullshit that an employer will skim past without acknowledgment.

errr.. pretty true! lets see, i have:
fractured my right leg twice, my left leg twice and both my knees have scarred tissue floating around and pops everytime i lift shit.
im actually sober these days, although i was an alkie for a few years.
if i can see it i can shoot it...
i do have some intresting stories tho

but when your marine career comes to and end, just remember to leave the attitude with the career. I mean once a marine always a marine and all, but civilians dont want that in their face. who remembers taking the seminar/class to reintroduce you back to civilian life?!? hahahahaha

but in the end, pick the job you want, and what ever comes after is what you make of it or want from it.

corwin
08-11-2007, 08:10 AM
I thought you were only guaranteed the OC field, i.e. the first 2 digits like 03, 58, 30, etc, but the last 2 digits are assigned to you. I know plenty of people who wanted a certain job but got something totally different but still in the same OC.

The Marines Corps College fund. This is what you want in your contract. You say you want the 50k GI Bill, they'll tell you that you already have it. You sign up for the Gi Bill in boot camp, (you have to pay 1200 to get it) and later you can pay an extra 600 to get a 5400 kicker. Both are well worth it, and you should do so.

If you have the College Fund on your contract too, that'd be about 90k you'd have for college. I'm using my GI Bill to pay rent, cuz my tuition gets waived. Think about it, its a sweet deal.

mRclARK1
08-11-2007, 11:01 AM
It's your choice.

Understand that for those of us who've walked down this particular path, that's like saying you'd rather drive a very shiny and clean Pinto as opposed to a Mercedes that needs a cleaning.

In a bar or a club, you'll get some cool points, and maybe bag some ass for it.
You'll also get cool points and bag ass just for the fact that you're in the Marines, so the difference is negligible.

Basically to be Force Recon or a Scout/Sniper, your best bet is to go infantry. There's no guarantee of Force Recon or Scout/Sniper - you basically have to be shit-hot and request it.

Going infantry is like all the worst aspects of boot camp, but for the duration of your career.
Living in squad bays, humps, constant PT, field exercises, deployments, etc.

Physical fitness
some interesting stories

sidenote/agreement with Jung

go for the bonuses, sign up for the GI Bill and any top-up you can.
If you plan to go to college, it's a smoking deal.

Good points there...

Basically what it comes down to is if you REALLY want to make special forces, and think you have what it takes to do it, the only way to find out is to join up, and go infantry for your best shot, and see if you can make it. Thing is though, if you end up hating it, which most do, you're stuck there. Basically it's a gamble. Also, have you looked at the requirements for special forces? They ARE different then basic infantry. Medical requirements etc. are higher... many people can get into the Marines (or any other military branch) in LOTS of different MOS's, and not have the medical requirements for special forces. I don't know what they are for Force Recon, but I would assume they're similar to the other branches' special forces units etc. Also, minimum scores for the ASVAB are higher IIRC.

I know a guy who joined up with the Army (not US, but the story still makes my point. lol)... and planned on going special forces. He assumed if he could qualify medically for infantry, he could do the same for special forces. He was wrong. He couldn't pass the vision exam, and he was just over the line to qualify to have corrective surgery, so he never made it. Just did a tour in the infantry instead... and got out as soon as he could cause he HATED it.

I'm not telling you to NOT do it. If you really want it, and have looked at your options and the requirements as well as there expectations of you, as well as what being in the infantry actually involves 99% of the time. If you've looked at all those CAREFULLY and thought about it, and still want to go for it... then good luck. :bow:

greenmonster80
08-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I have been in since Summer of '96. Lots of time overseas and deployments. Lots of time away from my wife and kids. To be honest, wouldn't have it any other way. Love my Job. Beautiful thing to see your impact on the battlefield. In today's environment the best fields to be in are your infantry/artillery or mechanized units. No bad guys say," Hey lets mount a hasty attack on that re-enforced weapons Copany over there." Instead they wait for the supply/support pog's to be in an environment outside their comfort level. I plan to retire from the USMC and move into a job completely different from that I do now. I enjoy my job now but it is a young man's game. I do it now while I still can. Bottom line I want to be able to look my grandkids in the eyes and explain my ribbons with pride. Not everyone is in the USMC for those reasons. Use the USMC for the uniqueness it offers. Supply/admin jobs can be done anywhere. Hell even old ladies do them for 40+ years.

Jung918
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Don't worry about it. Just remember to give us your address when you get to boot camp. That way some of us can mail you... letters. hahahahahah

mrmephistopheles
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Don't worry about it. Just remember to give us your address when you get to boot camp. That way some of us can mail you... letters. hahahahahah

Yes, you'll need lots of 'moral support' while you go thru bootcamp.

1Via!
08-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Qui, you had better learn to speak a bit louder before you hit boot camp. :P

S13SilviaGirl
08-12-2007, 08:40 AM
You'll also get cool points and bag ass just for the fact that you're in the Marines

The man speaks the truth!!! :coolugh:

Marines=Fucking sexxxy mad hotness. Women will put out and do just about anything... But, women DO prefer you to be a Marine that is alive...just FYI

kuramaya
08-12-2007, 10:16 AM
The man speaks the truth!!! :coolugh:

Marines=Fucking sexxxy mad hotness. Women will put out and do just about anything...

:cool:

Dress Blues make the drawers drop:rawk:

Tenchuu
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I be stationed at me couch after 4 years that included 29 palms, Okinawa, Korea, mainland japan, San Diego, and Iraq

sal240sx
08-12-2007, 08:57 PM
MOS:2862-Ground Radio Tech
Currently stationed-29 damn stumps
Past duty stations-Oki(ELMACO) Pendleton(Trax) MacDill AFB(Tampa, fun times)

Corwin is right about being guaranteed only your occ field and not your specialty. Dont know if someone mentioned this, but dont forget to ask about an enlistment bonus. Although it does help to be infantry, you dont necessarily have to be to go Force Recon. Ive been in for 12 yrs, and Im gettin out in Oct with 4 surgeries from a broken leg, and torn ligaments from being airborne. Would I do it all over again? Hell fuck yeah