PDA

View Full Version : S13 KADE accelerator/idle probs (searched)

Dream240
08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Okay I decided to start a new thread since my problem is similar to the old posts but not exactly the same. And I couldn't find any answers.

About 2 months ago i started noticing this bogging during acceleration at low rpms. Then a couple times my car died upon start up after a few seconds of rough idle. Now it's a constant bogging/hesitating from 0 - 3000 rpms, but only when the car is warmed up. When it's cold it pulls hard and smooth everytime. Also sometimes at a warmed up idle I will get one miss about every 5 seconds, rpms drop to 500 for a split second then back up to around 800. Here's a list of things I've already replaced.

New distributor, replaced MAF, coil w/transistor, removed MSD setup, new battery (leaking anyways), TPS is an aftermakret replacement and it's been on the car for over 6 months.

Now last night I was checking the TPS readings again and I got backwards readings for the resistance. I measured it with the pins facing me, that's the correct way right? Also I decided to leave it unplugged and drove to work this morning. No CEL and the car ran better even when warmed up, but towards the end of my trip it started bogging from take off rpms to around 2500.

My next idea is to check the injectors, does that seem like the next logical step? Are my symptoms a common problem of a crappy injector?

Any info would be helpful guys.

Dream240
08-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Okay an update for anyone that cares.

I replaced the bad injector. No help for the bogging. I also reversed the 1st and 3rd pins on my aftermarket TPS to get the proper readings that the FSM says I should have.

Now my TPS resistance readings are 1.47ohms-pedal fully released, 9.7 ohms-pedal fully depressed. It was the reverse of this before I re-spliced the wires. Unfortunately once I did this I got a really bad idle problem. Now I'm thinking to just replace the TPS altogether with a new unit. My idle problem is wierd, now it will almost die once I push in the clutch, then after a few seconds the idle kicks back up to around 700. Also I've noticed that my idle drops about 50 rpms with each setting of my air vent, from 1 to 4. And once I turn the vent off the idle kicks back up to 700. It was doing this even before I messed with the TPS.

I'm so lost right now that I'm willing to pay someone to come over and find my problem for me. I really have no idea what to do next. I'm really ready to go through the diagnostic procedures in the FSM one-by-one to find it. :(

Any experienced So Cal. guys that think they can find my problem? I'll pay for the diag. but don't waste my time with guesses. Trust me I've been doing that for 2 months now.

Oh and I've pulled codes and got 11 and 21 respectively. Done those diag tests already, and nothing.

Also I just installed a new fuel filter, new spark plugs, old wires though, got a new cap/rotor coming, replaced MAF with a working used one.

Any help out there?