PDA

View Full Version : help me out....just a little please

sr20detfreak
08-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Ok before i start here i have searched and all the search solutions have been tried so don't flame me so bad :x: .

Here we go I have a 1993 240 with the 95 ka24de. Just a couple small mods but i'll put them down in case anyone thinks they have anything to do with it, CAI, hotshot headers, 3in catco cat, 3inch RSR cat-back.

Now my problem.....rich....RICH. Its so rich that it will not stay at an idle it will start but will not stay running, and there is the black smoke and all that good stuff and the WRX type burble out of the exhaust.

Now my list of shit that has already been tried..
-Cap
-Rotor
-Plugs
-Wires
-O2 sensors
-coolant temp sensor
-FPR
-4 new injectors
-new maf
-no vacuum leaks

Please i need some ideas!!

s13rookie
08-04-2007, 04:11 PM
The new injectors you have, are they stock flow? Also, you said you got a new MAF, but did you check the connector? Any CEL's? Did you check for codes? you can throw a code without having a CEL

sr20detfreak
08-04-2007, 04:32 PM
the injectors are stock flow
and i haven't checked for codes yet although the check engine light is not on, i know there are different methods for checkin for codes and i plan on doing that in the near future

s13rookie
08-04-2007, 04:39 PM
are you using the 1993 or the 1995 ECU?

adictd2b00st
08-04-2007, 05:12 PM
yea what ecu are you running? and is the swap you used obdI or obdII ?

sr20detfreak
08-04-2007, 10:18 PM
i'm sorry i can't answer either of those questions at the moment i did not do the swap i bought the car from a person who did not feel like messing with it anymore i will have to get the answers from the previous owner on those. But would the ECU from a 93 really make it run that much richer, just curious?

thanks for the help

slamdbusa
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I have a '95 engine set in my '91, the mods I performed are as follows:

'95 engine/tranny/exhaust (manifold and downpipe)
'91 S13 auto converted to stick
'91 distributor
'91 ECU, upper + lower auto harness
'91 ECT guage sensor (S14 reads hotter)
'91 upper intake manifold ( for the butterflies, due to the hesitation at take off w/the A/C on)
'91 vacuum tubes and sensors (for the EGR and butterfly accuator)

I had the richness problem to, but It's been awhile since I installed it, but I think it was the MAF sensor being bad/dirty.