PDA

View Full Version : the old race Resident Evil 5 thread that sucks

Suk02Si
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25817098&sid=6175993

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/runninscared/archives/2007/07/zombies_in_afri.php

The two subjects are intersecting again, as the recently released trailer for Resident Evil 5 has a number of commentators concerned about how the trailer portrays a white hero--the returning Chris Redfield--against hordes of black zombie foes in what could be an African village.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw

Nobody said anything when Resident Evil 4 came out:loco:

EvilRB
08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
So what, they plan on finding white, Asian, or Hispanic people that living in the middle of an African village? WTF! It's just a game!

yarou
08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Look, I've killed many, many white American zombies, last time it was Hispanic zombies. I think it's only culturally respectful that we have black zombies as well.

And so it shall be done :bigok:

exitspeed
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I was gonna post this, but didn't want to start a thread that was gonna get locked and people pinked.

I think it's BS. Their comments about why it's racist are more racist then anything the game is depicting. The funny thing is they are saying "the white man killing the black man"...Um helloooo dumbasses, Japanese people are designing the game! Obviously it's not the white devil's idea.

I was really looking forward to this game. This is gonna delay it for sure so they can change it to white people shooting white people. Looks like I'll be looking forward to it a lot longer.

jeeper_x
08-03-2007, 01:59 PM
what's next?......PETA's bitching about us killing Doberman zombies?

TheSquidd
08-03-2007, 02:05 PM
LoL what's this about me getting pinked????

Seriously though, racism is racism because stupid people let it get to them.

Reacting and giving attention to racism, is as bad as being racist. We had a thread on this.

Flipzide
08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
ugh.. i figured this topic would surface on here sooner or later. it got pretty crazy over at gamefaqs.com.

imo, no racism is involved in the game. the zombies just happen to be the locals where the game takes place, dur.

SimpleSexy180
08-03-2007, 05:55 PM
wow, I cant believe people are complaining about that shit.

it's embarrassing to me as an "American".

CKAMC
08-03-2007, 06:35 PM
ohh noes there is hate in the world :loco:

delphis
08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
lol well the last one took place in france and all the people were white? whats the deal. if it took place in asia they would be mostly asain. this is how the world works. easy fix.... make a black character that you switch off with along the game time line.

KwKouki
08-03-2007, 06:38 PM
ITs in haiti...................where they have documentation of a man walking the streets weeks after he was buried and declared dead. Its just more bullshit to cry about and try to make money.

Matej
08-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Don't like it don't buy it don't complain.

ka24deturbo
08-03-2007, 06:43 PM
wow, I cant believe people are complaining about that shit.

it's embarrassing to me as an "American".

I'm with you!

Hey only an african americans game character can kill other african american characters, no ifs ands or buts! :loco:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/913931_47363_front.jpg

Most of the african american that I know are extremely sensitive and IMO take advantage of the whole racism B.S. and to be really honest it sickens me that most can't get over it.

Just don't put african americans in any game......Oh wait someone might complain why there aren't any african americans in any games!

Matej
08-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I still can't sleep over CJ killing white people in San Andreas, I'm soooo offended, ughhhh.

DRavenS13
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
There has to be drama like this... it promotes the game. There's gonna be so much controversy over this that people are gonna go buy the game to see what the hype is. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

FaLKoN240
08-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Uhh when I saw the preview for RE5 I didn't feel discriminated against. Some of my fellow black people really need to let the chip on their shoulder go.

It's not like Redfield was saying racially insensitive catch-lines as he mowed them down with a shotgun. :ugh:

SexPanda
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Everyone knows japanese people arent racist! what were they thinking lol...

No seriously. Being politically correct pisses me off. Its like if you dont treat everyone equally, and fairly, then they'll get upset. Its like "oh no, we dont want to offend africans by having a white hero" or "oh no, there are 4 white guys and 2 black guys in that poster, we need to even it out!" Well I have news.

THE MOTHER FUCKING WORLD DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT! STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES! SUCK IT UP, DONT BE SUCH WHINEY LITTLE BITCHES!

But yeah, racism is bad. Seriously though, get a life if you worry about a video game about killing zombies and a virus that turns people into a zombie being racist.

jeeper_x
08-04-2007, 01:43 AM
lol well the last one took place in france and all the people were white? whats the deal. if it took place in asia they would be mostly asain. this is how the world works. easy fix.... make a black character that you switch off with along the game time line.

umm....RE4 took place in spain, my friend.....:rolleyes:

S14Josh
08-04-2007, 04:16 AM
The thing that seems odd to me, is most of the people who say the game is racist, are really being racist towards whites. They are basically saying that we love to kill blacks and we created this game to breed younger generations to have a true hate to african americans.

Its total bullshit how they say "Oh a white guy killing blacks is SO racist." When in fact the game is created by capcom in japan.

I think the best part of the article was the quote from the one guy on some other blog site:
"According to the statistics of racial make-up in the world, I'd actually say that whites have been unfairly discriminated against in the series, if anything, since so many of them have been enemies in RE, It only seems fair that Africans get treated equally, and with only one game full of primarily black enemies to six games full of primarily white, from a racial viewpoint I'd say that the Africans are getting off easy."

Some people just love bringing attention to the wrong situations...in an unnecessary manner.

fliprayzin240sx
08-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Its the japanese's fault. They did it as propaganda to incite civil unrest in the Unite States of America. The second American Civil War is neigh. This game will make the LA riots after Rodney King look like Disney World...

Either that or people need to get a fucking life. Instead of posting bullshiet online, why dont they spend some time in the fucking youth center in the ghetto and do something productive. And no, slanging crack to 12 yr olds aint productive.

NAACP needs a new hobby too, i swear like they can get the word n****r out of people's vocabulary. People will use the word no matter what, and I say PEOPLE, its not just white people who use it in racist terms, its not just black people using it to put down another black person...Thats almost as bad as getting offended by the word F*ck and trying to stop the world from using the word. Whats that gonna accomplish? Why dont they spend the man hours and resources to do doing something more positive. Education is the answer...

Political Correctness can kiss my ass.....IM MOVING TO AUSTRALIA....

3-240's-N-aMule
08-04-2007, 09:30 AM
That game is racist as fuck. White man cappin blacks? In africa? Wtf? Nah jk. Some people are stupid though and need a new hobby instead of sittin back thinkin "oh white man killing blacks in a video game? Oh dear". Shit is fuckin stupid. On a side note i am half black and dont see any fuckin problem with this at all seein how 95 percent of the zombies i capped, blew up, torched and sawed up have been white. Game looks pimp as hell though.

SochBAT
08-04-2007, 02:05 PM
The game looks SICKK!

Its like, RE4, WAY more intense.

But the funny thing is, i personally feel some people take racism to an extreme.

"You can't have ANYTHING pertaining to African americans doing anything, because its racist."

I can picture it in my head, that if stupid shit like this go on, somewhere along the lines, certain races will become myths. Just like unicorns and orges.

s13Dr1ft
08-04-2007, 02:41 PM
they should start the game as White people getting the virus, once they contract the virus, they turn black...Zing. give me a break, im sure NAACP wouldnt mind if it was a black character killing white zombies in Iowa.
ORRRRRRR Just make every character in every game green. couldnt do blue/red because the gangs would go ape shit. Purple, gay people whouldnt allow it. Orange is too close to American Indian's...Yadda Yadda yyyyibhasbfjhavb

I love racisim though, i cant lie. I myself am no racist. I just love racisit humor and how offended people get by little words. And the people who try to be correct, by saying "African-Americans". Most black people i know say they hate being called African american. Im half honkey half wop/grease ball/guido.

Fast1One
08-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Im with everyone else, this stuff gets out of hand....

illvialuver
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
its a game some people are racist, im sure if you looked at anyone long enough you could peg em as racist.
shit they should make a game called kill te cracker, adn you would be a black super hero killing white people in hoods and pick up trucks, and i would play it. and im white.

Farzam
08-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Definately racist, cause anything involving 1 race associating with another race in a negative fashion is! durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RazoE
08-10-2007, 02:58 AM
What the fuck?

where are the Mexican and Asian zombies?

we aren't good enough to kill..?

fuck you all....

k's_silvia2.0
08-10-2007, 03:01 AM
Hey Is Everyone Forgetting That Its AVIDEO GAME!!!

exitspeed
08-10-2007, 07:39 AM
they should make a game called kill te cracker, adn you would be a black super hero killing white people in hoods and pick up trucks, and i would play it. and im white.

They did...it was called GTA San Andreas, but white people didn't have a problem with that.

fromxtor
08-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Welcome to geography 101, Haiti is closer to Florida than it is to Africa.

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow watch this new vid released in a Japan mag. This game is going to be so great. I like the light and dark aspect. Your eyes having to adjust.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167098

turbodcivic
03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
god DAMN this game looks sooooo sick, hope they release it for wii

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
god DAMN this game looks sooooo sick, hope they release it for wii

Don't hold your breath. But I think the Wii will get it's own original RE game soon.

drifting_changed_mylife
03-28-2008, 10:50 AM
if they hold of on this game cuz of this BULLSHIT imma be REALLY REALLY PISSED!!

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 10:51 AM
^
This isn't holding the game up at all. I just didn't want to make a new thread since there already was a RE5 thread.

jackjack
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
UNGH....... DAMN......... i cant wait for this. which reminds me.... i have to bust out the cube and play some RE4.

blasting_speed
03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
In GTA San Andreas all you do is kill white cops and Mexican gansters as a black dude. IDK what the big deal is. Its a game, and nobody have any problems with GTA San Andreas. If you don't like the idea of the game don't buy it. Simple as that. Its not putting thoughts in my head that its cool to kill blacks.

exitspeed
03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
^
It's not the issue any longer.

Well it shouldn't be at least.

blasting_speed
03-28-2008, 02:27 PM
^

I'm sure that the game is going to be completely awesome. No doubt, but i know that's a subject that people have had as soon as the preview came out.

SimpleS14
03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
^

Can you remove the posts then?

Because when I clicked on the title...it was the first topic at hand that came to mind...and I was like "wtf? who bumped this? this is OLD?"

Also the "thumbs down" icon threw me off.

Anyways, i look forward to reviews before buying it.

mkiv98
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
i always feel bad for the guys that make these games, looks lik such a pain in the ass, haha

exitspeed
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Have you guys seen the new trailer?

Awesome. Period. We have a good 9 months left though.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/878/878446p1.html

kyoru
06-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Looks awesome, and I don't know why people are pulling up the race card for this game, RE4 was very good.

Sil-Eighty SE-K
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
i cant wait for this game!!!! Resident evil is one of my favorite series ever

Quail
06-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I can't believe people are complaining about black zombies. Are people really that stupid?! Its set in Haiti. HAITI. Its just something for ridiculous "P.C." bastards to get their knickers in a twist about. I don't know any black people (including myself) that would take the slightest offence to this game. Seriously, its ridiculous.

exitspeed
06-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Ok. Since this thread was so actually about the whole race thing, and that's no longer and issue, but people keep reading the first couple pages I'm going to close this thread and start a new thread for RE5.