PDA

View Full Version : plastic cap inside my diff....

xdumbxguyx
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
While i was getting ready to put in my 2way diff from a s14 to a s13. While i was changing the backing plates my friend droped the cap for the rtv inside my diff and i cant get it out. What should i do? Leave it in there or should i pay someone to take it apart?

s13rookie
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Leave it in there??? plastic melts with heat, and diffs get hot. Pull the diff apart and pull it out. If you cant do the work yourself pay to have it done, and then sell the car and buy a camry

I dropped a butterknife down the sparkplug hole, should i take it out before i start it.........

20 til 3
08-02-2007, 09:38 PM
lol that is a hilarious question, you gotta admit. Get a little spider arm tool and fish it out. Good luck on that. I would rather mess around fishing it out for an hour then waste a few hours and energy taking it all apart.

fliprayzin240sx
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Metals stronger than plastic, just let the gears grind it down to mush!!!

Mlogue84
08-02-2007, 11:56 PM
I had something similar happen to me. While pumping gear oil back in, the little clip thing that holds the line to the fill hole broke off in there. I just used a funnel and drained the diff by holding it upside down. Halfway through it got stuck in the funnel and I stopped then resumed filling. Done. But that's something you should have thought up on your own, maybe you name says it all. :keke:

xdumbxguyx
08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
got it taken care of took the diff apart wiggled it out thanks for the help tho guys

DOOK
08-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Metals stronger than plastic, just let the gears grind it down to mush!!!

yeah, it won't hurt anything really. When I was into 4x4ing you'll bust axle shafts and things on the trail and one of the tricks was to drain your diff fluid into a plastic bag to be reused before poping your cover to get to your diff. After putting everything back before putting your cover back on was to put the sealed plastic bag into the diff then put the cover on... the gears broke the bag open in their first revolution and ground the bag to nothing... I would suggest changing your diff fluid after you do this however.

Slow Poke
08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah, it won't hurt anything really. When I was into 4x4ing you'll bust axle shafts and things on the trail and one of the tricks was to drain your diff fluid into a plastic bag to be reused before poping your cover to get to your diff. After putting everything back before putting your cover back on was to put the sealed plastic bag into the diff then put the cover on... the gears broke the bag open in their first revolution and ground the bag to nothing... I would suggest changing your diff fluid after you do this however.

CRAZINESS!!!

drifting_changed_mylife
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
#1 i would punch ur friend in the face and #2 i would leave it in