PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Aero

FaLKoN240
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
I know everyone is gonna hate me, flame me or whatever about legitimate parts and what not. I don't give a shit about that, I'm buying it to look fly on the track for cheap. I'm not baller enough for 1.5k aero..yet.

But I'm just looking for anyone that has bought aero, from Ebay and had close to no problems.

In terms of:

Fitment

Shipping

Price?

I'm looking for companies specifically that I can look up on Ebay.

I know one guy on here has Works9 ebay aero.

Anyone else? Thanks.

Farzam
08-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Just more of a PITA to get to fit great...
It won't be perfect but with enough time you'll get it "good enough" probably.

Half the price for a little less quality of something that'll break? Okkkay.

FaLKoN240
08-02-2007, 01:49 AM

Yeah, I know it sounds silly. But I'm just testing the waters to see if anyone has good experience with these things.

Mods I know this may become a flamefest. I'll lock it myself if it seems to head the wrong direction.

bo2o
08-02-2007, 02:15 AM
I have some replica aero. The fitment is ok u basically just make things fit with self tap screws and washers. Also another thing about replica aero is it is wavy so, you have to have a good wet sand to get things nice and smooth. I got my kit for about 450 picked up locally from a vendor on zilvia.

adrians_s13
08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
my buddy has an origin knock off. fitment issues occured near the bottom rear of the sideskirts (on the door-side, not the wheel side)... it just wouldn't sit flush with the car for some reason. kinda hard to explain, esp cuz i dont have any pics. hope that helped.

btw, isnt there a thread where some dude was selling copies for $500? you might wanna look that one up.

xtreme_s14
08-02-2007, 02:25 AM
i'm not sure if they have an ebay account.. but i've heard a few good things about Shine Auto Project! but of course, with any replicas you have to do a lil' body work for ok/great fitment! google them! errr.. actually www.shineautoproject.com

awesomenick
08-02-2007, 02:29 AM
I think as long as the kit was designed for your car, and fit somewhat okay... Even if it wasn't a great fit, it would still be cool to have. It would give your car some character, and you wouldn't be so sad if it got smashed. If I ever get aero, I'm just going to spray paint it! :rawk:

Vision Garage
08-02-2007, 02:51 AM
If you track it, just get a rep kit. Find WideGTS on the group buy or advertiser section.

TiNMAN
08-02-2007, 03:08 AM
i bought some of my oem aero off ebay? fitment is ok, shipping was so so(crazy ass lookin boxes or cardboard taped together to make boxes?), and prices were ehhh...but im pretty sure you arent talkin about oem stuff. why dont you just grab some version select?

Rasty180SX
08-02-2007, 03:29 AM
I know everyone is gonna hate me, flame me or whatever about legitimate parts and what not. I don't give a shit about that, I'm buying it to look fly on the track for cheap. I'm not baller enough for 1.5k aero..yet.

But I'm just looking for anyone that has bought aero, from Ebay and had close to no problems.

In terms of:

Fitment

Shipping

Price?

I'm looking for companies specifically that I can look up on Ebay.

I know one guy on here has Works9 ebay aero.

Anyone else? Thanks.

Well, if you gonna use it for the track I'd say go for it. I mean you get what you pay for. If you gonna trash the kit on the track then go ahead and give it shot. The fitment shouldn't be that bad at all. You just need to make it work. Good luck!!!

kamikazekid
08-02-2007, 04:43 AM
go for it. I bought an $850 Origin Stream kit, high price, good shipping, shitty fitment. you dont have much too lose.

!Zar!
08-02-2007, 05:01 AM
Just buy it. Who gives a fuck about perfect fitment. It's for the track. Toss some paint and zipties on it and you're done.
Who's going to bitch and complain, parking lot racers, HIN judges? LOL Fuck them.

He's looking for REAL experience. Not guesses and probables.

No shit aero breaks. Doesn't matter if it's $1.5k aero or $500 aero. When you're going balls out at the track while lookin fly shit brakes.
i'm not sure if they have an ebay account.. but i've heard a few good things about Shine Auto Project! but of course, with any replicas you have to do a lil' body work for ok/great fitment! google them! errr.. actually www.shineautoproject.com

Shine Auto has nice stuff. Quality is high for the price. I'm putting a few of their parts on one of my car.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
08-02-2007, 07:19 AM
go for it. I bought an $850 Origin Stream kit, high price, good shipping, shitty fitment. you dont have much too lose.

just a little fyi origin is also a copy company. although "jdm", i think they get their kits mage in china too!:-/ :bash:

DOOK
08-02-2007, 08:17 AM
yeah, knock off shit for the track is where it's at, that's what I'm going to do, getting flamed all the while. my theory is like stated above, get it on, get it tight with zipties :D

mehsilvia
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Actual eBay reviews:

Raceonusa is a knock-off manufacturer and sells on eBay.
http://stores.ebay.com/RACEONUSA-aero-and-body-kit-MFG
Definately a little higher in price, but quality and fitment was perfect. I bought my INGs copy front bumper from them (local SoCal so i was able to pick it up too)

AllStarKits is another manufacturer that makes decent body kits.
http://stores.ebay.com/1-AllStarKits-BodyKit-Warehouse
They actualy have two shops - AllStar and ImportTTrenz (itz-usa.com).

I can speak for ImportTTrenz cause i helped them develop the first BuddyClub2 replica kit for the Sentra SpecV. They used my car and bumpers for the mock-up and creation of the kit (Got a free kit out of it too).

They even used my ride on thier site:

http://www.itz-usa.com/images/T/B-NISE04-TCS2FB-01.jpg

http://www.itz-usa.com/images/T/B-NISE04-TSC2RB-01.jpg

Taniguchi_Is_#1
08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
origin fitment sucks. like it had to be cut in half almost to fit on my friends ae86. shineauto is real good for the price (same ae86 friend exploded the bumpers on the origin and hopped on the shine). the material is SUPER flexible, too. only problem is that they only currently make a g-sonic replica for s13's. i think i'm gonna jump on the raceonusa piece de shit BN sports/uras crap next month. it's like, $550 shipped.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
how much do one of these run for the bluies? my brother is in kuwait and maybe i'll buy this for him as a gift before he comes back!
http://www.itz-usa.com/images/T/B-NISE04-TCS2FB-01.jpg

Irukandji
08-02-2007, 11:21 AM
My Origin bumper was apparently not real... It fit pretty shitty where the fender meets the bumper but it wasn't that hard to make it work. Just drill holes where you can't see it from the outside and use zipties to hold it to fit well.

azndoc
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
It's a matter of luck and how you go about making it fit yourself.

I have a Uras knock-off. It sucks and i had to do a lot of sanding and heat gun treatment to it to make it fit somewhat okay.

Just gotta do work.

A friend of mine bought a "Authentic" BN Sports Blister kit. Said fitment was crap. Sucks to hear.

GL, can't go wrong with something that you know is going to get jacked up on the track if its cheap.

darius_tii
08-02-2007, 12:50 PM
hey dood i have a buddy who can get replica aero for cheap and it seriusly fits pretty nice..
Im nto sure if you hve seen my budd matts aero but he has that same kind
Lemme know if ou want some
Later
Darius

95Blue240sx
08-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I bought my sides and front from widgets, when he did the replica aero gb. I think he still has a thread goin in the Advertiser's special section. Hes a cool guy and I got my shit for cheap. I fitted the sideskirts a couple weeks ago and it looks good so far. As for the front, I never put it on yet. No money for paint so theres no point.

dirtdiggler666
08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
i 2nd that widgets is a cool dude i got my front bumper and it fit better than my real version select go figure, but im sure its still hit and miss

Farzam
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
He's looking for REAL experience. Not guesses and probables.

No shit aero breaks. Doesn't matter if it's $1.5k aero or $500 aero. When you're going balls out at the track while lookin fly shit brakes.

Given the fact that I have no idea what knockoff aero he wants, i'm just giving him my input on what i've seen while installing ebay aero.

jkeisser
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
HEAT + FBG = easy.

DOOK
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
HEAT + FBG = easy.

hammering your aero.... ok.... using a big fucking hammer..... not ok

midnight zenki
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
:ugh: .....I think FBG is fiberglass not BFH.

A Spec Products
08-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Don't you have bigger problems than not having aero?

Don't be a poser

HELLA poser

HELLA, ELLA, ELLA, ELLA AYE AYE

Just find a friend that bought aero in person from somewhere, then see how his fit and see what he needed to do to make work

In my case I just got aero and did what it took to make fit, not perfect but like you said, aero gets blasted anyway and is not super vital to the car

Oh and I'm poor