PDA

View Full Version : The Real barn find thread. Post your stories.

Yuri
07-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Or friends stories. Or just sweet Real barn find pics.

Quite a few years back, I had a job over the summer doing construction.
We were building a very large log home for a Doctor in Wisconsin, on a cliff overlooking the Mississippi river.
During a break, I walked around the field around the house that was completly covered in dry tall grass. On a little hill between parts of the field, was a Citroen DS! It was cream, and in really rough shape, with lots of rust. But it was complete. I thought this was awesome.
Until the next day.
That day we had a truck unload a bunch of building supplies.
The owner of the house had told us that the property had come with a little garage, but it was locked and he hadn't opened it.
We were going to use the garage to put supplies in, so we cut the lock and opened the doors.
And found another DS!
This one was brown and in much better shape than the first, it only had flat tires.
Apparently the owner of the property had purchased it without knowing it came with a Citroen DS and a DS parts car!
I never found out what happened to the cars after that.

Here's what a DS looks like.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/citroenDS.jpg

TiNMAN
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
not bad, not bad.

ill be looking for locked barns and garages when its time for me to cop a house.

Farzam
07-31-2007, 08:23 PM
They were probably bought and used in some sort of Scarface re-enactment.

yojimbo206
07-31-2007, 11:15 PM
best barn find?

how about a mint condition gt40 effin CRAMED into a tiny barn on a regular suburban street? i was all of 16 at the time so it was like seeing a celebrity. meh, it'd still be sweet.

TheWolf
07-31-2007, 11:18 PM
not really a barn find but I traded a guy a set of marine manifolds for a 318 chrysler and $1200 bucks to buy my 1970 bmw 2002. He said piss on florida and was moving to maine to learn how to build wooden boats by hand. (whatever floats your boat man ;) ) he dropped the car off on his way to the airport.

http://www.diesel-direct.com/02original.jpg

it took me years to find out that it was actually 1969 BMW 2002 ti Alpina. One of like 300 cars that year. The flares are peculiar to that year along with the front spoiler. Only other car photographed with the same unit is the old castrol gt racer. Also boat boy at one point title pawned the car for $500. Talk about a hard life.