PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt Design Contest!

jetblackskye
07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm hosting a small T-shirt contest.

Here are the rules:
1. The design must be car related, preferably JDM stuff
2. It must be your original design
3. It must be appropriate for all ages (no innuendos, foul language, racial remarks, etc.)
4. You cannot use copy written logo's
5. Your design must have no more than two colors.
6. The design on the front of the shirt must fit in a 4"x4" square
7. The design on the back of the shirt must fit in a 14"x14" square
8. Use 600 dpi or better, these shirts will be professionally printed.
9. The background color of your design will be the shirt's color, you can choose any color you want.
10. You can use Japanese Characters, but you must specify what the characters mean. One of our teammates speaks Japanese so we will verify what it says.
11. Very Important!! Keep your original Photoshop/Corel file, DO NOT MERGE THE LAYERS!! The Printing Company needs the layers to make the silk screens.

Be original and keep it car related, drifting, drag, autoX, whatever your passion is. We do not condone street racing, however.

How to enter:
Submit an 800x600 or better JPG of your art to [email protected] with the subject "T-Shirt Contest."
Include your Name, Forum Name, Email, Age, and which forum you saw this post on.
You may submit more that one piece of work. Do not submit multiples of the same work, this will get you disqualified.

You may post your work on this forum, but be sure to add a water mark so that others don't seal your design.

Contest ends September 30th, 2007.

Prizes:
First place is $300 and you get 2 copies of your shirt and 1 sweater or hoodie, in whatever size you want, and a professional 8 1/2” x 11”print of your design.

Second place is $200 and you get 2 copies of your shirt, in whatever size you want, and a professional 8 1/2” x 11”print of your design.

Third place is $100 and you get 1 copy of your shirt, in whatever size you want, and a professional 8 1/2” x 11”print of your design.

Legal stuff: All designs submitted will belong to the original artists unless they have been paid for their work, i.e. winning the contest.

If I really like a design and our panel of judges doesn't I might personally pay you for it, $50 for each original design. I will contact you with more information.

Judging:
Team NightShift of Daytona Beach will judge the contest. A winner will be selected in early October. No late entries will be accepted for the contest.

Thank you. If you have any questions email me [email protected]

Later,
JetBlack

PS. I don’t check my PM’s

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/jetblackskye/200538199O534160731.jpg

S14TEVE
07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
haha this sounds like a scam to steal designs.

drifting_changed_mylife
07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
lmao i wont be giving you any of my briliant t-shirt ideas

jetblackskye
08-01-2007, 07:06 AM
haha this sounds like a scam to steal designs.

There's always a cynic.

Yes I'll be making shirts from the three best designs that I get, hence the prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If the maker of the design accepts prize money then legally I have bought the rights to use that design in the way specified, i.e. making shirts.

If I don't send him any money and then use the design, then its a scam.

jetblackskye
08-01-2007, 07:08 AM

Have you made any of these brilliant t-shirt ideas?

ramblux
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
There's always a cynic.

Yes I'll be making shirts from the three best designs that I get, hence the prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If the maker of the design accepts prize money then legally I have bought the rights to use that design in the way specified, i.e. making shirts.

If I don't send him any money and then use the design, then its a scam.

It's not a contest if the "winner" is giving up the rights to their work, it's a freelance submission. By making the artist give up the rights to something with infinite potential for royalties or future payment, YOU'RE the winner, and all you did was hand deliver the artwork to the printer.

I owned a clothing company and I'm a photographer and magazine publisher, so I'm not just talking out of my ass when it comes to rights usage and ownership. Just call it what it is (freelance work) and I think you'll have better luck getting designs.

Bud Brown
08-01-2007, 11:32 AM
"It was a 'Jump to Conclusions' mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO."

:keke:

jetblackskye
08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
It's not a contest if the "winner" is giving up the rights to their work, it's a freelance submission. By making the artist give up the rights to something with infinite potential for royalties or future payment, YOU'RE the winner, and all you did was hand deliver the artwork to the printer.

I owned a clothing company and I'm a photographer and magazine publisher, so I'm not just talking out of my ass when it comes to rights usage and ownership. Just call it what it is (freelance work) and I think you'll have better luck getting designs.

I'm just modeling my contest after several that I have seen. Every one that I have seen says that after the artist submits the art the rights now belong to the submitee, regardless if it wins or not (i.e. Design our new Coke can type contests.)

Yes it is a freelance submission, "contest" is a buzzword. I want to pay people for their art as long as it has potential. I've gone the route of hiring a graphic artist for some work and I'd just like to see what others are willing to bring to the table.

Also it is a competition: several people will send me their art and it will be judged according to style, marketability, and and whether or not they adhere to the rules. Not every one gets chosen, so I can rightly call it a contest.

Maybe I should call it a Freelance T-Shirt Design Competition?

If the design really takes off then the royalty issues can be addresses in the future. But for now I'd like to make a few nice shirts and sell them for some extra cash, after paying someone for their work. Simple as that.

NemeGuero
08-01-2007, 11:52 AM
d000d3 hell4 jDM tyt3 T-sshuurrttz