PDA

View Full Version : Tucking hood cable

aznrib
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
So I was tucking my engine harness under my fender and there was not enough slack on the hood cable to zip tie with the the engine harness. Right now i have the cable as close to the frame as possible but is there anyway to have it out of sight just incase my tire does touch the frame? This is on a S14 by the way. Would have been easier if it was a S13.:duh:

pbcstylez
07-30-2007, 01:30 PM
i let it hang the way it is, should I be worried? I figured it woudl be tough enough to hold up to the wheels as it wouldnt constantly rub it, only under compression? can somebody add to this? I would like piece of mind now thanks to aznrib.

!Zar!
07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Relocate your hood cable to inside your engine bay.

It also makes it harder for a thief to open your hood.

projectRDM
07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
What's a hood cable?

Cam locks for the win.

sneakerjunkie
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
ok well i had a rubbing problem and then moved the cable and wires up higher to prevent rubbing and it did but it was bitc$ to pop the hood i had to pull the hood latch like 30 times to finally pop the hood so i ended up letting it jus the hood cable hang well i left my cable hanging and then i was backing out of a prking spot and had my wheels turned all the way next thing i kno the cable completly rips out and now i was forced to convert to hood pins. i have a s14 btw

Irukandji
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
i let it hang the way it is, should I be worried? I figured it woudl be tough enough to hold up to the wheels as it wouldnt constantly rub it, only under compression? can somebody add to this? I would like piece of mind now thanks to aznrib.

I burned through my hood cable in less than a day at the track. Instead of being cool and replacing it I got ugly hoodpins and ditched the hood latch assembly.

projectRDM
07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
ok well i had a rubbing problem and then moved the cable and wires up higher to prevent rubbing and it did but it was bitc$ to pop the hood i had to pull the hood latch like 30 times to finally pop the hood so i ended up letting it jus the hood cable hang well i left my cable hanging and then i was backing out of a prking spot and had my wheels turned all the way next thing i kno the cable completly rips out and now i was forced to convert to hood pins. i have a s14 btw

We speak English here, try again.

babowc
07-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Aerocatch FTW! :D

pbcstylez
07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
haha SOB, I suppose I have no choice but to relocate inside the engine bay. SneakerJunkie how did you tie yours up so that it became a PITA? pics please so I can avoid that method!

sneakerjunkie
07-31-2007, 12:43 AM
We speak English here, try again.

ok MR I need to correct people on the way they write. WHO CARES!!

FaLKoN240
07-31-2007, 01:43 AM
It's hard to understand what the hell you're saying when you don't use proper writing skills.

I relocated mine into the engine bay too late. :( On my old s13. Haha. I don't have to worry about it now though ;)

projectRDM
07-31-2007, 09:34 AM
ok MR I need to correct people on the way they write. WHO CARES!!

Those with intelligence care, because your post looks a lot like this:

heymengijus got discoolpart4mycar andidlikhelpputinitonbutdont no how2do it

If it takes me 20 minutes to decipher it, I'm not going to bother.

pbcstylez
07-31-2007, 05:07 PM
so sneakerjunkie pics?

aznrib
08-01-2007, 07:05 AM
I am also curious. Pics please.

240AM
08-01-2007, 07:39 AM
You could always remove the cable and get some hood locks.

pbcstylez
08-01-2007, 12:18 PM
You could always remove the cable and get some hood locks.

Like I said, this is besides the point, I would liek to see the damage done, and how to avoid it - thanks