PDA

View Full Version : Misfire with SR

clutch kick drifter
07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
ive had similar problems before but never anything this odd. I would of assumed it was a boost leak for sure but its not. At idle the car will either be steady at 800 or jump all around and sound like a damn V8 idling or some shit. Then it smokes, for instance. I was backing up tonight outta my driveway and just saw the smoke in the headlights. It sputters and miss'es real bad while just cruising in vacum and it is super uncomfortable to drive, especially in slow traffic.... almost impossible to keep it from dying sometimes. I had a exhaust leak prior to the O2 sensor but fixed that and swapped to another Z32 MAF thinking it could of been that. when i swapped them i looked underneath the MAF ( Its in the coldpipe) and there were drops of water? WTF! Now the odd thing.... if i get on it the car runs awsome... puts some smoke out though. Its obvioulsy getting way to much fuel. I check and changed my plugs and they were black as shit.
It has a : Gt2871r , 650cc injectors, re-tune, Z32, and thats the major upgrades that may have a chance of messing something up.

misfitsfreak81
07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
sounds like you may have fried your piston rings. if the plugs are black that typically means that they have been oil fouled. this is also most likely where the smoking problem is coming from. the oil that is blowing past the rings is getting burnt with the fuel mixture. do a compression check and a leak down test to confirm.

also check that your pcv valve is not pluged and is functioning properly. replace it if you have any doubts, they are pretty cheap. hopefully this will help you out.

mike

clutch kick drifter
07-30-2007, 11:19 PM
thanks but i believe i found it.... i went to time the car and unplugged the TPS sensor like your supposed to, forgot to hook it back up, and she PURRZ!?1? So bad TPS sensor or something messed up with the tune? Its defiantly down on power though because of the timing im assuming