PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Turbo

rycepicker
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Just wondering, is there anything I need to know when I remove my t25 turbine? I hope it's not too hard, I blew the seals on my turbo and am gonna get it rebuilt. Any special tools I need? Or anything to look out for?

Thanks all :D

Dousan_PG
07-27-2007, 10:29 PM
umm...basic tool and wrentchs
nothing crazy
look out for? torque it back to spec
thats about it.

yokotas13
07-27-2007, 10:53 PM
pull hte manifold and o2 housing at the same time

Sileighty_85
07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
remove o2 sensor and move the oil dipstick tube to the left by removing the 10mm bolt and drop the down pipe,
replace hardlines with Circuit Sport lines

rps13sr20
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
When you take off the mani you will need to move the part of the radiator hose that connects to the engine. And definitely get those turbo lines that Sileighty_85 mentioned. You dont want to get stuck with gay ass oem copper lines.

Irukandji
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
In general you only need 10mm, 12mm, 14mm and 17mm sockets or wrenches. Liquid Wrench helps

Disconnect the downpipe from the turbo exhaust elbow.
Unplug your o2 sensor
Disconnect your oil feed/return as well as your water feed and return lines.
Remove all 8 exhaust manifold nuts
Disconnect the hotpipe and move it aside.
Pull the manifold out (I found it easy if you remove the hardlines coming out of the brake master cylinder, it gives you more clearance).

Remove, swap turbo.
Install in reverse order.

Sileighty_85
07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
In general you only need 10mm, 12mm, 14mm and 17mm sockets or wrenches. Liquid Wrench helps

Disconnect the downpipe from the turbo exhaust elbow.
Unplug your o2 sensor
Disconnect your oil feed/return as well as your water feed and return lines.
Remove all 8 exhaust manifold nuts
Disconnect the hotpipe and move it aside.
Pull the manifold out (I found it easy if you remove the hardlines coming out of the brake master cylinder, it gives you more clearance).

Remove, swap turbo.
Install in reverse order.

That works but I Reeaallyyy dont think ya need to make that much more work to remove the BMC Hardlines, I just pulled one yesterday as long as you move the D/P and that Oil dip stick tube everything is cake.
But whichever ya wanna do
G/L

whereda40at
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
i left my dip stick tube on and had no problem. the only thing i realy took off was the o2 housing. and came right out.

DJ_Sunrise
07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
If you are a complete fool and decide to keep the stock hardlines, replace the copper gaskets for the hardlines at the very least. You WILL leak out all of your coolant.. Buy more.

-Bart