PDA

View Full Version : NRG short hub.... does it include turn signal cancel feature?

az_240
07-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Ive been looking everywhere and can not find if the nrg short hub cancels the turn signal.

If it doesnt its hkb for me

thx

CoasTek240
07-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Ive been looking everywhere and can not find if the nrg short hub cancels the turn signal.

If it doesnt its hkb for me

thx i dunno, but my HKB boss hub doesnt cancel the turn signals.

Slidin240Wayz
07-27-2007, 09:45 AM
NRG does.

If you have a S13 you are all set; it drops right in.

For an S14 you have to drill out the holes because the cancels are different and NRG decided not to make them any different.

Or Works Bell from AspecLogan

NismoSilvia270R
07-27-2007, 10:33 AM
its been awhile since i used my hkb, but i dont remember it canceling either.

az_240
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
is it easy to tell where to drill?

I see three holes around the main center hole on my nrg hub..... so am I good or do I have to drill other holes?

and is there some way I can get the airbag light to go off without pulling the bulb? Will the passenger air bag still be functional with the drivers airbag disconnected?

Thx for the help

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
07-27-2007, 11:16 AM
The three holes close to the center are for the late model turn signal cancel. (my info)

There should be two more at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock a little farther out to put dowel pins in. (handed down from aspeclogans) applied to my worksbell short hub. I'm pretty sure the NRG is a direct knockoff.

aznpoopy
07-27-2007, 11:30 AM
is it easy to tell where to drill?

I see three holes around the main center hole on my nrg hub..... so am I good or do I have to drill other holes?

and is there some way I can get the airbag light to go off without pulling the bulb? Will the passenger air bag still be functional with the drivers airbag disconnected?

Thx for the help

if you have a s14 just get a works bell hu
it has the slots for turn signal cancellation
the works bell hub comes with the abs plug in so the light won't come on
price is in the same range as the nrg hub

2plus4plus0eq6
07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
i have a nrg short hub. you can take a look at a pic of it in my cardomain link,.... BUT....

you will probably want to get a quick release hub if you get the nrg short hub ...BECAUSE... if you dont....

everytime you turn the steering wheel, your hands or fingers will hit the signal lights. I can gaurantee it ;)

problem with the nrg short hub is that its TOO short lol

tknbkthrsdy4anfg
07-27-2007, 02:16 PM
The whole point of getting a short hub is so when you use a QR your wheel isn't in your grill. Otherwise you should just get a momo.

az_240
07-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I already have the nrg short hub and regular nrg quick release...
I read the turn signal cancel feature will not work with some hubs and just wanted to see if it will work with the nrg short hub I have.

The works bell sounds pretty nice tho...you guys think a works bell hub with short nrg quick release will sit at about the stock position?

cxlo8331
07-27-2007, 05:02 PM
You can just grind off the middle tab on the blue ring (signal cancellation). The other two tabs will slide right on to your hub. I just unpluged the airbag light. You should be set.

adrians_s13
07-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont understand how you guy's hkb's dont cancel? mines does. It comes with the 2 pins that your supposed to put in yourself...

2plus4plus0eq6
07-28-2007, 09:59 AM
ya mine works too. you guys must be doing something wrong