PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler announces Lefetime Powertrain Warranty

S13FREEAAK
07-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Chrysler announced a lifetime powertrain warranty for all 2006, 2007, 2008 models sold after July 26th.

The warranty is valid for the original owner, non tranferable.

So how much do you think it will hurt Chrysler in the long run?

exitspeed
07-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Just read that. They still suck and the fact that they are not transferable is a real let down.

S13FREEAAK
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I think they'll be hurting when it comes to the Cummins trucks, more of the owners will buy autos instead of manuals because it won't be a as big of deal when the tranny goes out.

Shit, some of the original owners of those trucks run them up over 500,000 miles that could cost Chrysler a good amount.

SiI40sx
07-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Ok now nissans turn!! Come oooonnn nissan.....

S13FREEAAK
07-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, I read the article on the Chrysler employee website.

It excludes SRT vehicles, Sprinter Vans, Diesel equipped vehicles, and rental vehicles.

Lefetime: I can spell apparently.

Phlip
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I am willing to bet that they will place a set of odd restrictions on it too, in addition to not covering the cars that the public might want them to cover, we'll wait and see... Smells like a great big TV commercial to me, kinda like that "employee pricing for everyman" shit 4th quarter last year

!Zar!
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Haha. The tranny might last a long time but the rest of the car won't.

Farzam
07-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I need a Chrysler.

ixfxi
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Lifetime warranty.

This means that the parts are very cheaply made, and are obviously not performance oriented. Cheap to produce with long lifespan, but really shitty or plain performance.

Arent people TIRED of driving cars like this? Sigh.

exitspeed
07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Lifetime warranty.

This means that the parts are very cheaply made, and are obviously not performance oriented. Cheap to produce with long lifespan, but really shitty or plain performance.

Arent people TIRED of driving cars like this? Sigh.

WE are...

The people that I work with and the rest of the country is not. I talk to the people in my office about cars, and they don't care if the car rusts, or what it does, as long as it drives. I don't even bother around her.

SiI40sx
07-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Well honestly, Im not saying they do, but women probably do have a small exception to having a interest in cars. But with guys, honestly, if a guy does NOT have an interest in cars, I say its just like being gay. Seriously, how can ANY guy NOT be into cars at all? And Ive met them, theyre such a werid ass breed....

SINxSELEKTAH
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
This means that the parts are very cheaply made, and are obviously not performance oriented.

what did you expect from a company that used plastic intake manifolds on their previous cars? perfect R&D for a perfect machine?

fromxtor
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Sounds like the "free tires for life" my car clueless wife got from Toyota in '05. Turns out she got one oil change, out of state at another toyota and it voided the whole thing. Like how was she supposed to know, she can't even check her own oil.

ixfxi
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Well honestly, Im not saying they do, but women probably do have a small exception to having a interest in cars. But with guys, honestly, if a guy does NOT have an interest in cars, I say its just like being gay. Seriously, how can ANY guy NOT be into cars at all? And Ive met them, theyre such a werid ass breed....

haha its funny when someone doesnt care about cars. its even MORE funny when they dont care about ANYTHING really. ever met someone that doesnt have a hobby or passion? that shit is just WEIRD.

cars are awesome, period. if you dont like them, you're fucked up mentally.. and need to learn what happiness is really about.

i mean, theres many forms of happiness.. but having fun with cars is definately one of them. it doesnt have to be fancy cars, just _cars_ in general.

sin> what did you expect from a company that used plastic intake manifolds on their previous cars? perfect R&D for a perfect machine?

hey, bmw uses plastic intake manifolds. they help cut down intake temps, i believe. either way, i still prefer alum. fuck plastic.

EchoOfSilence
07-26-2007, 07:06 PM
no thanks, that would hurt

and cars aren't that cool when you're broke :-/

1Via!
07-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Aaaaannndd...

...its still a chrysler.

Farzam
07-26-2007, 07:51 PM
There are plenty of fucking loser car people.

Yuri
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
This is awesome.

I think I'll get a Challenger R/T or T/A (not SRT8).
Lifetime drivetrain warranty? YES PLEASE!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Yurikaze/pantherpinkchallenger-1.jpg

exitspeed
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
^
Is that a 1970? No? Cause I can't tell. Yuri I'm surprised to see you like a car with such a...recycled design. The retro thing I think is getting old now, but most of them have at least been attempts at making the designs NEW looking. This new Challenger literally looks like an old one with new wheels and head/taillights. Complete fail in my book. It's gonna sell like hot cakes for 9 months.

Yuri
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
^
Is that a 1970? No? Cause I can't tell. Yuri I'm surprised to see you like a car with such a...recycled design. The retro thing I think is getting old now, but most of them have at least been attempts at making the designs NEW looking. This new Challenger literally looks like an old one with new wheels and head/taillights. Complete fail in my book. It's gonna sell like hot cakes for 9 months.

I think the design is a bad interpretation of the original.
But the 1970 ones cost 3x as much, and don't have a lifetime powertrain warranty on a Hemi 6-speed, and I really like the original.

I'd only plan on getting the Chrysler 'Cuda version in Moulin Rouge.

Or a BMW 135i ///M, Jaguar XKR, Porsche Cayman, etc.

PRADOgy
07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
May the 300c drifters come out and play... hell .. drift the hell out of it.. every time something goes out.. ummmm whats the # to the dealer again