PDA

View Full Version : sr20det problem driving me crazy

bejota180sx
07-24-2007, 11:09 PM
ive searched all around the place havent found anything that could be exactly my problem or anything that could help me ive tried almost everything...

the problem is driving me crazy!!

whenever i leave the car like more than a few hours turned off when i turn on the car it starts fine... a few days ago it started starting really rough and would shut down and when i turned it on again it started fine... but the problem ive been having for so many months now and its just driving me crazy is that after a few hours of it being off when it starts it idles fine but when i hit the acceletor it just sputters and the rpms go really really low it wont rev it just sputters in a little low rev like if it was going to shut off... if i hit the pedal really lighty it the revs will go up a little sputtery and when i press down just a little bit more it just does that thing again... if i rev it really really slowly it will go up and will rev fine after about 2600rpm or sumthing close to that... the problem fixes itself after about a few minutes of leaving it on... when i gets warm... about 10 to 15 minutes or something like that... i already changed the coolant temp sensor that goes to the ecu thinking it would be that since everyone said that was the problem but it didnt fix anything... its driving me crazy!!! i changed the maf also just in case and it still does the same thing...

any help i can get will be thank so much im desperate to get this problem fixed its driving me crazy...

the mods to the car are
1990 240sx fastback
redtop sr20det
front mount intercooler
battery in trunk
boost controller
walbro 255 fuel pump

everything else is stock...
and the boost controller and intercooler and battery where installed AFTER the problem started just in case you think one of those things might be the problem...

unicoladron
07-25-2007, 10:29 PM
02 sensor? vac leak? any codes on the ECU?

bejota180sx
07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
i cant get the ecu to show the codes i dont know what im doing wrong... btw my ecu is in japanese ( i guess every sr20det is but..) and i dont know if im turning it the right way or if i have it in the right mode...

not a vacuum leak i already replaced all the lines and nothing... would a leak make it run bad always?? it runs good after getting warmed up... and the o2 ill have to check it since i cant get the diagnostics mode on the ecu to work... dont know what im doing wrong...

deze9182
07-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Im having the exact same problem but if I hit the accelerator the car sputters then dies sometime it wont even start. Ive heard that if you take the maf of and couple it to the throttle body then unplug the maf it should fix the prob if its maf ie limp mode. mine did nothing Im goin crazy oh yeah my car is flooding like no other.

F.C.3S
07-26-2007, 10:10 AM
If its fludding that much, why dont you check your spark plugs or wires?

trybal
07-26-2007, 10:23 AM
my car did something like that when my number 2 injector was leaking.. it would start find every morning but sometimes on a warm start it would barely run, sound like a v8 and shake untill i reved it up alittle high and cleared out the system a bit. Check your injectors and o-rings

bejota180sx
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
so would a leaky injector make it die when i accelerate but when the car warms up run completly fine?!?!?!

TUnity2
07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
if it idles fine but sputters when you give it fast accelerator input but doesn't when you give it slow input you should check your throttle position sensor.

The bad cold starts might not be anything too bad. Most SRs i know of have funky cold starts, especially if all your egr/emissions stuff is eliminated like ours.

xiongs82
07-26-2007, 06:18 PM
check your mafs and wiring

s13silvia123
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM
its the IACV, its on the intake manifold. so take our intake manifold off since you still have your stock intake manifold.

problem---------> idle is bad but after it warms up to 65 degrees it idles fine. this is your situation right now. between from 30 degrees to 60 degrees thats when you have this problem. the IACV is a little dirty or not working properly. thats why when you drive your car sputters and the RPM drops and your car is about to die.

thats what happened to mine. clean it or get a new one. it controls the air flow to your motor.

deze9182
07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I cleaned my Iacv already it did nothing, maybe Ill check my injector rings I checked my maf wiring as well, I wonder would it cause a problem if my maf wires were too thick.connecting the maf to the harness. my sr20 ran fine when I first installed it but it was slower than my KA could my turbo b fucked. or is it my ebay intercooler.

deze9182
07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
could an intercooler being plugged up or something cause a car to sputter overheat and suck:wtf: :wtf:

bejota180sx
07-29-2007, 12:06 AM
mine runs fine its just that problem when i turn it on but its still running fine... im going to try an clean the iacv sometime soon and check if this fixes my problem...

BlackTruenoAE86
07-29-2007, 12:51 AM
my sr does that sometimes, several of my friends have that problem also. SRs cold starts are funky like that just be patient and let it warm up a few seconds...