PDA

View Full Version : HP Printer doesn't feed/grab the paper to print anymore?

Indolent
07-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Hewlett Packard PSC 1210 printer
one day when i decided to print something out, the printer feeder mechanism thing wasn't working, it doesn't want to grab the paper anymore unless i shove a sheet of paper through it
I know you're not supposed to pull the paper out when you have a paper jam but i would assume my problem may have been caused from pulling the paper out from the wrong side when it's stuck, kind of stupid but i couldn't see any other way to pull it out since there's almost 'never' any paper to grab onto from the 'exit' side and it would just be stuck there, i don't remember pulling out the paper before this problem occurred, any suggestions on how to get the feeder to work properly, cause manually feeding my own printer when i have to print out several pages suck and the pages sometimes get cut off

SexPanda
07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I would personally get a new printer. My Lexmark does the same thing, the thingy doesnt grab. I just load it 1 piece at a time... Of course I never use it either. But seriously, I wouldnt reccomend taking it apart or anything, because you might screw it up worse, and having it repaired would probably be more expensive than a new printer anyhow.

And the Hewlett Packard PSC 1210 is only like 120 or 130 bucks.

but here this might help. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpu00697&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=90764&rule=28878