PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Users! Phone Suggestion (Delete in a little)

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Im trying to buy a new phone for one of my misses,

It needs to get great reception,

Not too fancy,

thankkkkksss :)

-Robby

SexPanda
07-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Get a pre-paid, then have them do chores to earn minutes. Lol its a win-win. I think they have a V3 prepaid phone for 100 bucks or so at walmart. They get decent reception.

But if you want not too fancy, they got some cheaper ones too.

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh,

this is for my gf I mean,

she allready has a plan, but Her phone is lacking good reception.

SexPanda
07-22-2007, 01:20 AM
OOOooohhh. Misses. I though a daughter. Oops. I dont know about Verizon, cuz I've never tried it, but the Cingular pre-paid phones work with cingular plan sim cards. I would think the verizon pre-paid phones would work with a plan sim. Its the sim card that actually has the plan on it, not the phone.

Ill look it up. Im sure it would work, but i wouldnt want you spending 50 bucks on a phone you cant use.

wrapmeup2005
07-22-2007, 01:29 AM
You can still have her do chores :keke: lol. I had Samsung T809 but it got all gay and broke so I got the T629 which I really like but is getting worse reception then the T809. Try one of the Nokia phones, we have 6103 and they are pretty damn good.

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 01:39 AM
cool yah I heard Nokia's get pretty good reviews on reception, Im gonna look into those phones.

:)

SexPanda
07-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Oh about that second post of mine. Im not sure what i was thinking. Replace Verizon with T-mobile. My bad. Just wanted to clear that up.

cdlong
07-22-2007, 02:04 AM
all i can say is don't get the trace. the reception and bettery life are terrible. it is thin and light though.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T519-Trace-myFaves-T-Mobile/dp/B000IE8E7Y

SexPanda
07-22-2007, 02:08 AM
all i can say is don't get the trace. the reception and bettery life are terrible. it is thin and light though.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T519-Trace-myFaves-T-Mobile/dp/B000IE8E7Y
eh, you cant have it all. T-mobile has a prepaid nokia flip phone for 50 bucks on their site. It should work with her old sim card. And odds are you can get it at walmart or a mall.

Or you could always look on... dare I say it?... eBay.

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Yah,

Im on ebay right now.

wrapmeup2005
07-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Is it a prepaid or is she on a plan? If you go in and extend the plan for a year or two you get better deals on the phones they carry, some are in store and others are online deal only. Also try craigslist

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Yah,

Im just watching a couple of sliders that got descent reviews.

Im just going to swap this out with her old phone, with the sim card.

SexPanda
07-22-2007, 02:34 AM
You know whats funny? I have never ever even been on craigslist. huh. But that whole gimmick about extending your plan, IMHO I dont think its worth it just to get a new phone if your not satisfied with your current service. Thats why, come december, I'm switching plans, even though i could get a 300 dollar phone for free. But if your happy with your current service, then by all means take advantage of something like that...

Hey, post # 100. Go me.

started this reply before you finished, and finished it after you posted. So its basically useless. Oh well.

CKAMC
07-22-2007, 02:37 AM
watch out with the newer Nokia's a few reviews have been placing their reception below bar of the company's usual standings.

lol thats the best I can help Robby... I am a AT&T user.

LB.Motoring
07-22-2007, 02:39 AM
hahah AS Am I,

AT&T all the way.

Im just gonna get her a newish phone,

she went to my house today, tried to call, and I was out and about,

and she couldnt call out becouse her phone blows,

so she had to drive down the street, then call me......

so yah, IM buying her a new phone.

RiversideS13
07-22-2007, 04:40 AM
my samsung E900 has very good reception and it is small

Phlip
07-22-2007, 06:04 AM
www.phonescoop.com
See what others are saying about the phones that they have, I am an AT&T user, and I use a (still) unreleased Sony Ericsson phone, as I have been since a buddy of mine started working for them, I have grown to LOVE my SE phones. T-Mobile, however, somehow managed to shoot themselves in the foot and do not carry Sony Ericsson.

cdlong
07-22-2007, 06:24 AM
eh, you cant have it all.

true, i just wish i hadn't given up so much of what actually matters. i was being brief with the cons, though not so much with the pros. hind sight being what it is, i should have kept my old phone.