PDA

View Full Version : Who's happy at there job?

Dunkee
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
What do you do?! I'm an IT tech and I can't see myself doing it anymore. I'm ok at it but just have zero interest w/ pursuing it. I would love to find a new career but kinda hit a slump. I really gotta put things in motion though bc I'm not getting any younger! I'm curious to how everyone else is living..and if you know of a way (LEGAL) to make buku bucks spread the wealth!

ThatGuy
07-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I am!

s13silvia03
07-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I hated my job, I walked out on them when they wouldn't let me go see my mom in the hospital after I found out she had a heart attack...it was an easy job, doing data entry, no one to really boss me around, night shift sucked, about 12 hours a night sucked too...Have yet to find anything new though, still looking for something because I pretty much ran out of money now...

89dc240
07-12-2007, 10:20 AM
I like my pay. My job right now is about fifty feet from the job I was trained for. (working on Harleys) Now I rent them and sell the safety course. I get to deal with customers, and new riders and people who think they know everything all day long. I know what it means to be in a job where you don't like what you're doing, even though the pay is ok. I hate it. You know, except for the paycheck. They keep moving me around back and forth between working on bikes, renting bikes, and random shyte like painting and tiling. I learned a lot at this job, lol. The only thing is if I leave I'll take a drastic paycut. Who wants that?

But I'm also with ya on the not gettin any younger. I want to change it up. Auto body, auto glass, they're things I could see myself doing. Of course if they put me back in the shop soon enough I'll love my job again, and still be getting paid so it'll probably be good for me to wait it out.

Oh, plus I get discounts on all kinds of stuff for my Quad, and my drag harley. Its all a matter of weighing the benefits versus the actual work. Good luck.

iPurple_Misfit!
07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I am a billing clerk and also do a/r data entry. My job is easy unless i get customers who dnt wanna cooperate with me! Otherwise i like my job. and i like the people i work with. As for pay, well im never broke.So its good for me!!!

Enjin
07-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I love my job. I sell drugs. I love working all day in a confined space.

pharmacy baby! it is really laid back most of the time, the pay is great, the people I work with are intelligent enough to carry on good conversations, but are down to earth enough that I say, "check out that chick... 2 oclock" they are like DYAAAAAAM SON!"

I would do it for the rest of my life if I didnt want more money.

Dunkee
07-12-2007, 10:31 AM
@ ThatGuy...why? Why are you so happy? What do you do and how'd you get into it?

@ s13..get that money. Having no money sucks!

@ 89d dude I feel you. I would like to do some autobody..I have no experience but I think it's something I'd enjoy doing. I just don't want a paycut. I make decent money right now and work is a breeze but not going anywhere so I need to either look for a more intense job paying 20k more or switch it up and do something completely different.

I need to see the light to job happiness..

k's_silvia2.0
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Dunkee it sounds like your at a point where you
just gotta do it for you.So just do it.

Dunkee
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I love my job. I sell drugs. I love working all day in a confined space.

pharmacy baby! it is really laid back most of the time, the pay is great, the people I work with are intelligent enough to carry on good conversations, but are down to earth enough that I say, "check out that chick... 2 oclock" they are like DYAAAAAAM SON!"

I would do it for the rest of my life if I didnt want more money.

LOL.. Pharmacy pays pretty good though right? I have a friend that does that.

Dunkee it sounds like your at a point where you
just gotta do it for you.So just do it.

I do..I just wish I had direction. I'm looking into autobody but would love it to be my business..but I have no experience so no idea how I'ma pull that one off. I see myself doing it though. Or maybe open up a parts store.

steve shadows
07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
gun running :yum:

ManoNegra
07-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I love my job... for the most part.

azndoc
07-12-2007, 10:52 AM
I love my job. I work with my favorite uncle and we pretty much hang out all day and do what we have to do to make money and I go home.

I did have another job but I quit that one three weeks ago.

Now I don't know what to do with my afternoons anymore.

ManoNegra
07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Now I don't know what to do with my afternoons anymore.

Hmm... get another job?

Farzam
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
My sister's a pharmacist. She makes decent bank.

You should look into it I suppose.

Howard92884
07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I work for KBR in Iraq as a mechanic, pay is good, get 3 square meals a day, and a roof over your head. Got internet in my room and satellite so it keeps me sane. I go home 3 times a year for about 15 days each. Its not too bad, paying off my bills and saving some money. I just applied for the Recovery Mechanic Foreman position so wish me luck!

Dunkee
07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Sounds cool man..Good luck w/ that!

ThatGuy
07-12-2007, 02:54 PM
@ ThatGuy...why? Why are you so happy? What do you do and how'd you get into it?

I am a US Marine. Have been for almost 9 years now. I got in to it by realizing I wasn't ready for college straight out of highschool, but I didn't want to be a house bum and mooch off my parents. So i followed in my father's footsteps and signed my name on the dotted line. That was 1998. I am now an Instructor, teaching young Marines how to repair Electronics on the MV-22B "Osprey" Tilt-Rotor aircraft.

I am, by-no-means, pulling in "bank". The Military is the sole income in my house, and I'm getting ready to be blessed with my 4th child this Christmas. So, while I may not "baller" I am very happy with my job, and my life.:werd:

delphis
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I enjoy 2 out of 3 jobs that I have. I work for my friend at his record store and am his personal assistant along with doing studio work I pull down a decent amount a month so I am pretty happy with what I do. I also do club and rave events and that makes me a little extra money. my other job is working at an online record store but it isn't that great but I do enjoy the great conversations I have with my coworkers.

DUFFM4N
07-12-2007, 03:07 PM
i enjoy my job for the most part

-mon-fri. 10-6
-sit at my desk/computer all day answering phones taking orders
-i can wear wutever i want
-piercings and tattoos are fine
-paid lunch
-leave whenever i want
-i can smoke in my office

the only complaint i have is that they dont pay me on time...usually 2-3 sometimes 5 days late

bamaboy
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
i Love My Job!!!!!!!!

Taniguchi_Is_#1
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
work is okay. i'm a co-op for a civil/cunsulting engineering firm. it's no fun doing things engineers get $40/hour to do for less than half of that, but it's better than nothing. the best thing is that this firm is really relaxed, so i can wear whatever i feel like to work and i can come in whenever i feel like because it's open 24/7/365; as long as i get my work done.

broken_s13
07-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Ive been working at a shop as a tech for over a year and a half. I enjoy working on cars but getting paid 9 an hour for doing motor swaps, manual conversions, alignments, Ect has made me hate my job.

DJ_Sunrise
07-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I work at a toyota dealership at the mechanics parts counter in NJ. I started here working 4-9 basically only handing out oil changes and tires. At 5 oclock I am the only one here.. School ended in may and I have been full time ever since. $10/hr.. I like the job. Most of the time after 5 I'm not busy and have time for school work. It's enough to get me by with $200 - $250 a week if I work a saturday. Tough to pay for the engagement ring, gas, insurance, cell phone, etc. on this money.. Buy this is the first job I'm not loosing my fucking mind in a matter of months... I'm happy with the job, just not the pay.

-Bart

Kaotik25
07-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I have an office job, mostly small researches and data entry. I love the people here, and i love the pay but jeebus it's boring here at work. Im on zilvia from 9-5 everyday. That's it i'm going back to school and get a master.

240sx_sr20det
07-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Landscaping and Factory Connections Suspension for me. Pretty easy jobs, both pay well too!

ManoNegra
07-12-2007, 04:37 PM
How can one not love to get paid to be on Zilvia all day long?

s13silvia03
07-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Inquiring minds do want to know, I would love to get paid for this lol:naughty:

Edgar
07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I wont lie I actually for the first time can say that I love my job.

Started this June and like any other job, at the end of the day I feel great that I have helped someone. I am a Interpreter/Translator for www.clarian.org
at Riley,IU,and Methodist Hospital. My days to work are Sunday 10:15AM till 6:45PM and Mon thru Wendsday 8:30AM - 5:00PM. When school starts in August ill only be working there 3 times a week Sun-Tuesday since ill be doing 15 credit hours. I enjoy helping people out. I also work for the YMCA part time but I just now pick shifts up. Im taking a month off since I just started this job at the Hospital and ive been picking up more shifts. I enjoy what I do and I think it wont change since I feel good helping others out.

A Spec Products
07-12-2007, 05:04 PM

Its really not all that it cracks up to be.

Please buhleedat.

LOL

SiI40sx
07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I think with any job its not the actual job that you should worry about liking, but the employees in it. They're the ones who make or break the job. You can be making bank, and have the easiest job ever, but if your co-workers are assholes on a daily basis, I bet you wont last long.

As for me I like my co-workers, especially my supervisor. She's probably the best one I've ever had. So yes, I like my job.

Phlip
07-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I like my job, I work for Laboratory Corporation of America, in "Results Transmission," where I make sure your doctors' offices are getting your lab results when they send them in.
I spend a good bit of my days on the internet, I wear jeans/shorts and sneakers to work every day, and I make decent money to do it, especially compared to the cost of living in North Carolina.
I am, however, looking to get a second job so I can up my bank and further improve my credit rating that I spent college fucking up in the name of not taking student loans like the idiots around me. THAT will be the job I hate

ManoNegra
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Inquiring minds do want to know, I would love to get paid for this lol:naughty:

Hit some keystrokes on the computer.. hit Ziliva while computer computes. Rinse, repeat. :w00t:

DragonUSMC
07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
THEIR job... god. Ya know i throw resumes away for people that screw up the their and there. I see it, throw it in the trash and ask them to leave.

I loved when i was in the Marine Corps... most of the time.

I don't like my main source of income... I'm stuck behind a desk all day.

My head snowboard instructor / terrain park manager job I love... Its just going to take me another couple years before i can rely on that salary to support my lifestyle.

CMO
07-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I hated the last job I had. (I used to work for Toyo tires) I did get over 50% off on tires though. But I love the job I have now. Me and my girlfriend run our own candy company. We should clear over $90k this year. Not bad considering it's just for 6months worth of work. I'm really looking fwd to doing it for a full year.

Phlip
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
^^^ Holy shit, a Corey siting!!!
Damn, I didn't know you'd left Toyo already

az_240
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I just quit my job as a lot attendant at Power Nissan after working there for about 4 months.
Place sucked ma nuts.... waaaay too hot to be moving cars.... and I hate working around a bunch of fake salespeople

Currently looking into getting a job at the hospital down the street.

Matej
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm about to get a job at a video store just to make some money, but I really want to pursue a career which would require me to travel a lot. I want to see the world with all expenses paid, it's mostly just wishful thinking, but I'd love to have a job like that. Any suggestions? :)

ms!3
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
work at a local car wash. meh, its alright. hours kinda suck. either 8-4 or 10-6 mon-sat. happy when tips are good. i dont even really look forward to paychecks tho. lol, 5.15/h blows. next summer im joining the air force, need to start talking to a recruiter. military ftw.

Matej
07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I hated the last job I had. (I used to work for Toyo tires) I did get over 50% off on tires though. But I love the job I have now. Me and my girlfriend run our own candy company. We should clear over $90k this year. Not bad considering it's just for 6months worth of work. I'm really looking fwd to doing it for a full year.
Haha, you should give Charlie a job as the King of Candy.

Max_PSi
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm pretty damn happy at my job. Union Electrician, the pay is good, and the job is always interesting. I look at the other tradesmen, painters, tapers, it just seems so boring. Same shit back and forth, over and over again.

Your mentally as well as physically challenged. And while I won't get to work with the same ppl for the rest of my career, I have to say for the most part the ppl who I have worked with have been exceptional.

eastcoastS14
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I love my job...well summer job. Im a lifeguard, the beach I work at is pretty uneventful, never had to save any one or anything like that. I sit on a beach 9-5 get sunday monday off, paid lunch and make about $1000 every two weeks, which is pretty good when your a student during the year. cant beat sitting on the beach, checkin out girls, swimming and getting paid for it. Best part is if it rains we still work....we sleep in our cars and get paid lol

Edgar
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Yea I make around 850 every 2 weeks now clean after taxes its nice

I actually want school to start again so I can get that shit over with.

Enjin
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I am a US Marine. Have been for almost 9 years now. I got in to it by realizing I wasn't ready for college straight out of highschool, but I didn't want to be a house bum and mooch off my parents. So i followed in my father's footsteps and signed my name on the dotted line. That was 1998. I am now an Instructor, teaching young Marines how to repair Electronics on the MV-22B "Osprey" Tilt-Rotor aircraft.

I am, by-no-means, pulling in "bank". The Military is the sole income in my house, and I'm getting ready to be blessed with my 4th child this Christmas. So, while I may not "baller" I am very happy with my job, and my life.:werd:

bank isnt as important as most people would think. as long as you like what you are doing every day, then I found that that is really all that matters.

and if youre waiting for your 4th kid... you're obviously keeping your wife happy :-P

yeah... dunkee... pharmacy is pretty good money... but my heart is on ER medicine. overall, its about a 50% pay increase... and a lot more money and POWER... MWUHAHAHA

BustedS13
07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
i work here

http://www.mccarthy.com/markets/_media/images/project_profile_photos/523%20Exterior.jpg

my job is very entry level. i work for AT&T California (although the office is here in Saint Louis) doing "client support", which basically works like this:

-customer walks into at&t wireless store/kiosk
-customer sets up cell service
-customer is offered DSL/U-Verse/DISH/landline
-clerk calls me, sets up these services over the phone, because they're incapable of doing it in the store
-i go back to sitting on zilvia

the pay isn't great, but it's definitely good experience, the commute isn't bad, and i have a desk next to a window on the 21st floor, so the view is pretty nice. after i have six months under my belt or so, i'll probably go hunting for something in sales, either here with at&t or at Citi, US Bank, Bank of America, or some other huge company with an office around here.

Enjin
07-12-2007, 10:06 PM
but I dont get a view like that ^^ :(

although I do see this quite a bit:
http://www.baptistonline.org/images/facilities/bmh-MemphisSR.jpg

BustedS13
07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
my window is on the lefthand diagonal side in that pic, which, unfortunately, faces southwest. dudes on the other side get to look at the river and the arch all day long. my view isn't bad, but the best thing to look at is Busch stadium when there's an early game. can't really tell what's going on though, it's like three blocks over :/

Not_Nissan
07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
. I want to change it up. Auto body, auto glass, they're things I could see myself doing.

Autobody sucks man....haha

Not_Nissan
07-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Haha, you should give Charlie a job as the King of Candy.

HAHA....well he is the..."King of Candy"

yokotas13
07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I is be happ y
I makes planes fly

golfer17
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
i just graduated and moved away and got a job and went from working around 80 hours a week with school to 40... and for some reason, I almost cant stand it. My job is alright for the most part as its laid back and pretty easy with decent pay and i do get to do some design work and work with solidworks all day, but its just not challenging enough most of the time and i actually get bored sometimes which i thought could not be possible. I've only been doing this "working for a living" thing for not much longer than a month now and i think i'm about ready to go back to grad school. I think i just like school better because i always felt like i was constantly learning and moving towards an achievable goal, whereas here, I just can't wait till the day is over and my pay comes in. Plus it doesnt help that the people in my department that are my age are like talking to brick walls (you'd think with a mechanical engineering degree a person would be capable of more than one word answers but thats just not true...).

McRussellPants
07-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I have the worst job on this entire site.

and nobody will ever guess what it is. besides that guy.

240love
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
i hate my job!!! packing up blinds in boxes(shipping) dumbass people...gay pay...work alot of saturdays...overtime not worth it

xblack240x
07-13-2007, 01:09 AM
My job is laid back, and for a college kid its not bad pay, full time (hopefully soon), but yeah, BestBuy. People are chill, supervisor doesn't care how hard I work (or don't for what it matters), and yeah. Not gonna be working there forever, but for now it gets me by :bigok:

ManoNegra
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
It's pay day!! Woot, I love my job!

axiomatik
07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm a Controls Engineer for a packaging equipment OEM. I enjoy my job and make good pay.

Pharmacists make great pay too. Expect something like $80,000 right out of school if you go work for one of the big companies.

BustedS13
07-13-2007, 04:23 PM
It's pay day!! Woot, I love my job!

+1, i get paid weekly, it makes every friday that much better :D
i've gotta say, the worst part about this job is i don't have a sweet phone at the moment. i had a treo 700wx but wound up selling it off for a profit (same as my 700p before it), and now i'm just rocking an old pos i had in my closet... and working for a telecom company, everybody makes fun of it :/

anybody have a sprint 700p/wx for sale? i'd even go as low as a 680 or 650 :(

drftwerks
07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
i dj and yes i love it,

get drunk for free
get bitches
get paid cash

fuck its awesome

S13SilviaGirl
07-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm about to get a job at a video store just to make some money, but I really want to pursue a career which would require me to travel a lot. I want to see the world with all expenses paid, it's mostly just wishful thinking, but I'd love to have a job like that. Any suggestions? :)

Stupid as it sounds, the Navy. I was on a non-nuk carrier and saw a lot. BUT, IF I had been on the east coast I would have seen a lot of the Mediterranean. Out here, I have seen Australia, S.Korea, Guam, Hong Kong and of course they paid me to live in Japan!

I love my job, and the ramifications of it. What I do saves lives. It already has twice. First, was a plane that had to have the aircrew eject and abort a landing on a carrier...I was the assistant packer on the chute. Second time was my own personal aircrew had broken a wire on the flight deck when they landed. They couldnt save the landing and ejected in front of the boat. The one guys o2 mask and emergency oxygen saved his life when he was pulled under the front of the boat.

I pack parachutes, flotation devices (life preservers, and rafts, ejection seats ect), work with radios, liquid oxygen and sooo much more. I love my job itself, but, it is the people that can sometimes drive one crazy at work.

Dirty Habit
07-13-2007, 08:34 PM
I fucking hate my job. Fuck retail for sure..

innovation
07-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I currently work in a video game store, but am going through the phases to become a Los Angeles County Sheriff. Can't wait till I become one, such great pay and benefits.

Dousan_PG
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
i am when i get paid
cant complain honestly
pretty happy.

SochBAT
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I hang out, make overpriced drinks, and flirt all day.

The pay is whatever, but its the networking that makes it fun.

Oh, and gettin drunk with coworkers @ work.

SECRETTTT!

CMO
07-13-2007, 11:30 PM
^^^ Holy shit, a Corey siting!!!
Damn, I didn't know you'd left Toyo already

Yeah I had to get the hell up out of there. It was okay at first but once I really got to know what was going on I had to dip. Plus I make more money and make my own hrs now.

S14Josh
07-14-2007, 01:46 AM
My job fucking blows.

I've been there for nine months...making the same pay. And this dude gets hired last week doing the same job i was, and he was making a dollar more then me. This was his first job, no previous experience, and he's making more then me?

Bullshit. And i was the one training this dude.

TurDz
07-14-2007, 02:01 AM
I make sure your Toyota doesn't fall apart when you drive it off the dealership lot.

ROTTEN EGG
07-14-2007, 02:46 AM
i hate my job.

do not work for kragen, you get to touch so many things that are not yours. pay sucks plus you have to lug 70+ rotors on those early morning. what can i do im only 18.

i love my 2nd job.

GoodOl'S13
07-14-2007, 02:56 AM
I work for the County of San Bernardino and enjoy it, pay is good, benefits are good, job is easy most of the time, but the people I work aren't that fun to be around. The main boss has issues and flips out on people every here and there for no reason. I find it funny. I've been thinking of joining the service being that I get bored easily and that seems like something that would keep me interested but feel kind of old to join.

J-Style
07-14-2007, 02:59 AM
I thought I liked my job until I sat down and thought about it. What is fun about having to stand in an incredably small area and make food all day? The temperture remain's above a hundred degree's all day and you end up standing for at least 7 hours. Diners. :wackit:

ManoNegra
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Two weeks till pay day... I hate my job.

SiI40sx
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Ill be very happy for the next two fridays, fat OT this past week and more fat OT this week (with a raise for this week so itll even be more than this first fat ot friday paycheck)

blackalicious95
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I love my job.
Im a firefighter for Fresno County.
The pay isnt amazing but my family is comfortable, and its something I love.
I thought about the marines but I just didnt like the possibility of being shot at.

seantwopointone
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM
im gonna be an RA at school next fall. 400 a month and a free single room. doesnt get much better than that for a college kid in louisiana.

Adam496
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't mind my job. I work for an excavation company. I do everything from bitch work to operate. Pay is good and as much overtime as i want.

Irukandji
07-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I love my job (Banfield Vet Hospital). Work 9-5 but it goes by pretty fast...

breakindrifts
07-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I do a/v sales at Frys Electronics. $15 an hour at least, it can be hectic but it's fun.

ThatGuy
07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I love my job.
Im a firefighter for Fresno County.
The pay isnt amazing but my family is comfortable, and its something I love.
I thought about the marines but I just didnt like the possibility of being shot at.

Funny. My life has been been in more danger during my time as a Volunteer Fire Fighter than it has been as a Marine. :rofl:

Much respect for being a Fire Fighter. Thank you for your service. :bow:

BustedS13
07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
switching to a local office on monday. no more sweet view, no more downtown, but.. no more 90 minute round trip commute. so that'll be nice.

inertiaticism
07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I like my new job.
I get to work with my family at the family business, which I'll hopefully move up in eventually.
I'm a cabinetmaker, it's pretty fun sometimes. I enjoy taking pride in things that I build and trying to become more and more skilled at it, so it's pretty rewarding sometimes.
Other times, it's hot as hell, dusty, I work with people who are either:
A. Dumb as a fucking rock
B. Not English speakers
C. Really cool
Sometimes all three or a combination of them.

Another plus is that when I get bored, I have a huge shop at my disposal to make completely random shit, so long as it's made out of wood.

s13rookie
07-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I like my job....most days
I manage a nutraceutical warehouse. The job itself is nice and the pay is decent. I totally agree with the statements made above that coworkers make or break the job. The only thing i dont like about the company I work for is i am the only person under age like 35.Im also the only one not married, and one of the few with no children. Makes it kind of hard to relate with coworkers sometimes

Also, middle management sucks as I get to deal with all the bullshit but im not given the authority to actually handle things.....oh well, there is always careerbuilder

S14TEVE
07-18-2007, 02:58 PM
IT where i work are.... well ... jerks. but other than that i love my job.
http://www.overnightprints.com/main.php?A=designer&new=1&p=bc&bgCategoryId=5142
the top 3 subaru biz cards are my designs :D more to come and probably for nissan too.

bBonVolks
07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree, its all about the coworkers. I was a store manager for Rhino Video games and when they were bought out by GameStop in January i left. The buyout left everyone at our corporate office without a job. These were people that would walk in your store and know the names of you and your employees and you felt like family. With GameStop we all became numbers. I couldnt take it. The previous owners of Rhino opened up a restaurant. Its something i never thought i would like but working for them again is great!

iPurple_Misfit!
07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
My job is currently lame!!!Usually i like it but today things went bad and now i hate(for the moment) tomorrow should be better......cuz im calling in SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

s13rookie
07-19-2007, 02:08 PM
^^^every one needs a "mental health day" once in a while, ecspecially when you can wrap it into a long weekend.

I dont like my attitude today either, so ive been thinking about sending myself home early.

Edit: yay, didnt have to send myself home, tornado's did it for me!!

TheTimanator
07-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I like my job most days. There are shows when I work non stop for 20 hours in the pouring rain and others where I work 4 hours in the air conditioning and still make the same amount of money. But things are getting better as I become a better engineer as well, and I'm starting to work with better artists which is also nice. And I'm working more than I ever have which is good and bad I suppose. I haven't had a day off for 4 weeks now.....

iPurple_Misfit!
07-19-2007, 04:26 PM
^^^every one needs a "mental health day" once in a while, ecspecially when you can wrap it into a long weekend.

I dont like my attitude today either, so ive been thinking about sending myself home early.

Edit: yay, didnt have to send myself home, tornado's did it for me!!

Yup, three day weekend here i come, Screw this place, well i take that back, ill like it again on Monday!!!

full house
07-20-2007, 04:21 AM
my job is kinda OK! but there are some problems and expectations that almost all of us are experiencing that you can't please everybody! that the fact!

Maybe you are expecting something from your job but it doesn't turn out to be that way! in other words frustration!

other thing is that lot s of salary deductions and can't cope to your financial needs because of the matter! But still continuing in my work because of the fact that its hard to find a job.

My salary is kinda Ok for now not until my GF give birth to our first child!It would become hard when that time happen!
So I need to budget money to prepare for that event!

In other words I am happy because I am beginning to like my work and not because of too much salary deductions that gives me problem in budgeting my income!

max240
07-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Well, I work @ an Imation plant. I maintain/repair the automated equipment on the graveyard shift. Hours suck, pay is good, company is starting to outsource to mexico. So I took a severance package, found another job, got more money, better benefits and day shift!! Woot!! I start here on Monday...
transonic combustion (http://www.tscombustion.com)

full house
07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
good life you have!

best of luck!

lol

mrs.drift33
07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
i love my job i work for a small company that is growing fast... i do data entry. i have so much fun at work its a room with about 12 girls and we talk all day... and i get paid weekly so i love it!

DRavenS13
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
As appealing as game testing may sound, the job sucks donkey balls. The people are socially retarded, the pay sucks, you have no control over what you're gonna test, the bugs you write end up getting bounced because the drooling beasts they hire as producers can't figure out how to reproduce the bug, much less fix it, and unless you kiss serious ass or are a super genius, you'll never get promoted.

The Pros? You can come in high or drunk as long as you're working (no drug testing), you can wear whatever you want (and, incidentally, smell however you want), and you can f*** off on the internet posting on message boards. And you get sick discounts on games, and a variety of other stuff from other companies. You also can call in sick without having to act like you're sick, and not have to worry about getting ridden by your boss.

I'm still here, so I guess to some extent it's worth it.

ManoNegra
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I've had a couple of friends do that job - video game testers - and yeah, pretty much all you mentioned... sucks get stuck working on a Matel Barbie game for little girls or some similar crap.

JRas
07-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I worked at a golf course for awhile and enjoyed it got free golf it was a pretty chill job always worked with one other person and for big tournaments you worked with 2 others. I'd say I enjoyed it overall

edit: I just moved to Arizona and need to find another good job

beeracing s14
07-29-2007, 05:06 PM
i Am! I Only Drive A Truck For The Whole Day At My Own Speed And Im Not Really Pushed To Rush My Ass Coming Back On Time, And The Pay Is 21.00 Per Hour! Whoohoo!

ThatGuy
07-29-2007, 05:12 PM
^Take off the caps lock before you post.

dom_owns
07-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Dude...buy decent cars...pretty them up...and resell them. Or in my case...buy cars...and part them out. You can take a 500 dollar car and find over a few grand worth of parts...and you work at your own pace...and we all know taking a car apart is soooo much easier then putting it together. Ebay is everyones friend, Just learn how to use it.

jkeisser
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
OO OOO OOO!! MEE
I'm happy! getting paid! YEAH!

Anyways.. flipping cars are fun, but it gets old really quick.

I tried it long time ago, did a few over the course of a couple years and made good profit.. but then again, I didn't work back then.