PDA

View Full Version : brain cancer vaccine

eastcoastS14
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
saw this on yahoo today...seems pretty crazy to think of the advances in medical technology and that they are already developing vaccines for types of cancer. It will be interesting to see the progress and the field and diseases they cure within our lifetime, egually amazing because it is a cure for a cancer that is almost 100% fatal

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070709/hl_afp/britainswitzerlandus

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-17994932.htm

Enjin
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
that seems very interesting.

these new cancer "vaccines" arent vaccines in your typical sense tho.

the cervical cancer "vaccine" is just a vaccine against some of the many viruses which are linked in concordance with CAUSING cervical cancer, not a prevention of the actual cancer.

It seems like this is different in that it actually primes the immune system for the actual development of cancer... but if I read correctly, they injected it into people who already had a marked condition... so rather than being a preventative measure, its more like a treatment.

either way, I like reading things like this. they could probably sell this for whatever they wanted :-P

FRpilot
07-09-2007, 11:33 AM
hopefully, eventually there will be a vaccine for all forms of cancers

eastcoastS14
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
that seems very interesting.

these new cancer "vaccines" arent vaccines in your typical sense tho.

the cervical cancer "vaccine" is just a vaccine against some of the many viruses which are linked in concordance with CAUSING cervical cancer, not a prevention of the actual cancer.

It seems like this is different in that it actually primes the immune system for the actual development of cancer... but if I read correctly, they injected it into people who already had a marked condition... so rather than being a preventative measure, its more like a treatment.

either way, I like reading things like this. they could probably sell this for whatever they wanted :-P

^^ yeah it helps your immune system fight the cancer...also i think the fact that they can charge whatever they want is the biggest downside, its a shame to think that they could possibly develop cancer vaccines and that some people with cancer wont be able to afford it

Enjin
07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
survival of the fittest really.

^cold

eastcoastS14
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
more like survival of the richest

BustedS13
07-09-2007, 07:57 PM
more like survival of the richest

fucking right. just be glad you're on the winning team. go USA!

with advances in modern science, and my high level of income, it's not too crazy to think that i could live to be 250, maybe even 300 years old.

fliprayzin240sx
07-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Well whats more fucked up is that there are drug companies out there that makes cures but doesnt tell people what causes the disease/cancer. Theyre banking on people actually getting sick to make money. If you think thats sad, think about obessity. They know its a disease, why do you think theres no cure for it? Because fat people get sicker and that means more health care needs which means more money for the doctors and pharmaceuticals

BustedS13
07-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Well whats more fucked up is that there are drug companies out there that makes cures but doesnt tell people what causes the disease/cancer. Theyre banking on people actually getting sick to make money. If you think thats sad, think about obessity. They know its a disease, why do you think theres no cure for it? Because fat people get sicker and that means more health care needs which means more money for the doctors and pharmaceuticals

did you hear that there were two shooters at the kennedy assination, and that we didn't land on the moon? oh, and back in the early 80's, this dude invented a dune buggy that ran on WATER! but GM totally murdered his ass.

ixfxi
07-09-2007, 09:37 PM
only ONE thing makes sense

and thats what chris rock said - they CAN and they WONT cure us, because the money is in the medicine. rather than cure us, they just wanna "patch us up" and pour some fuckin "tussin" on it.

remember folks, mo tussin.. MO [email protected]?$

BustedS13
07-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, boy, let that tussin get in there. let that tussin
get on down to the bone, the tussin ought to straighten it out.

chmercer
07-09-2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.bustedtees.com/bt/images/BT-thatswhatshesaid-gallery-2193.jpg