PDA

View Full Version : sr transmisssion

Disturbe240
06-28-2007, 07:32 PM
my sr trany just broke and i need a trany fast. and the question is, is there anyone using a ka trany on a sr. this is only themporary fix up.

thx

projectRDM
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Welcome to Earth. It's the same transmission, just swap the bellhousing.

Disturbe240
06-28-2007, 08:03 PM
yes i know i can use it but are the internals the same ?

MomentumGT
06-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I've run ka trannies, some very high mileage ones, they work.

-Jon

rican_nick
06-28-2007, 08:31 PM

It's the same transmission, just swap the bellhousing.

:bigok:

ellengthoofelmessagoee

projectRDM
06-29-2007, 08:22 AM

What do you think the word 'same' means?

Taken from dictionary.com:

–adjective
1. identical with what is about to be or has just been mentioned: This street is the same one we were on yesterday.
2. being one or identical though having different names, aspects, etc.: These are the same rules though differently worded.
3. agreeing in kind, amount, etc.; corresponding: two boxes of the same dimensions.
4. unchanged in character, condition, etc.: It's the same town after all these years.
–pronoun
5. the same person or thing.
6. the same kind or category of thing: You're having steak? I'll have the same, but very rare.
7. the very person, thing, or set just mentioned: Sighted sub sank same.
8. the same, in the same manner; in an identical or similar way: I see the same through your glasses as I do through mine.
—Idioms
9. all the same,
a. notwithstanding; nevertheless: You don't have to go but we wish you would, all the same.
b. of no difference; immaterial: It's all the same to me whether our team loses or wins.
10. just the same,
a. in the same manner.
b. nevertheless: It was a success, but it could easily have failed, just the same.
[Origin: 1150–1200; ME; OE same (adv.); c. ON samr, Gk homós, Skt samá]

—Synonyms 1–3. corresponding, interchangeable, equal. Same, similar agree in indicating a correspondence between two or more things. Same means alike in kind, degree, quality; that is, identical (with): to eat the same food every day; at the same price. Similar means like, resembling, having certain qualities in common, somewhat the same as, of nearly the same kind as: similar in appearance; Don't treat them as if they were the same when they are only similar.
—Antonyms 1. different. 3. unlike.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
same (sām) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Being the very one; identical: the same boat we rented before.
2. Similar in kind, quality, quantity, or degree.
3. Conforming in every detail: according to the same rules as before.
4. Being the one previously mentioned or indicated; aforesaid.

adv. In the same way: The words sale and sail are pronounced the same.

pron.

1. Someone or something identical with another.
2. Someone or something previously mentioned or described.

[Middle English, from Old Norse samr; see sem-1 in Indo-European roots.]

Usage Note: The expressions same and the same are sometimes used in place of pronouns such as it or one, as in When you have filled out the form, please remit same to this office. As this example suggests, the usage is associated chiefly with business and legal language, and some critics have suggested that it should be reserved for such contexts. But though the usage often does sound stilted, it occurs with some frequency in informal writing, particularly in the phrase lack of same, as in It is a question of money, or lack of same.

brainfood
06-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Only difference between the transmissions is the bell housing. Exact same transmissions. s14 transmissions are stronger than s13 only because of baffled oil passages.

DJ_Sunrise
06-29-2007, 04:37 PM
FS5W71C is the tranny code for both if I'm not mistaken. Yes they are identical. I swapped my good s13 internals into my good S14 tranny case for above said reason..

-Bart

Z U L8R
06-30-2007, 01:51 AM
s14 oe clutch kits are also supposed to be a little stiffer than an oe s13, not like you can't use either one on either car, and not like many people go back with stock, but i didn't know about the baffling so here's my .02

xDATx
07-02-2007, 07:22 AM
You can use either 13 or 14 KA tranny. Remember a used tranny is a mystery tranny so I would keep your "bad" tranny for rebuild or be wasteful like everyone else.

DJ_Sunrise
07-02-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree with what xdatx said.. Get the old one rebuilt.

-Bart