PDA

View Full Version : FS: 93' 240SX Convertible - lots of details

John_R
06-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I bought this car from a kid down in Orlando about 3-4 months ago. Honestly, I thought I was going to fix it up and drive it, but instead I got a motorcycle. So now I'd like to get rid of it.

Price: $1250, OBO, Trade(LOWERED PRICE,see bottom)
PICS ARE BELOW DESCRIPTION (READ FIRST PLEASE)

Specs:
1993 240SX Convertible
Automatic w/ 150,000mi (estimate. Will get exact Mileage soon)
Black exterior w/ black top.

About the car:
It was in a wreck previous to my owning it. It could have been multiple wrecks as far as I know. I had a couple friends in the business say there was no frame damage, but I've never had it professionally inspected. Both front fenders have dents in them. There is also damage to the radiator support. The original headlamp motor on the driver side was bent up and shitty. I attempted to replace it, but had a lot of trouble lining up the new headlight assembly on the busted up radiator support.

There is also a dent in the rear 1/4 panel that looks like you could probably pop out with very little effort. My girlfriend backed into a tree (or so she said).

There doesn't appear to be a lot of rust on the chasis, but there is some on the strip above the window.

The top has a 5-6 inch long hole in the roof above the driver's side. This was sewn together and didn't leak, but we locked the key in the car, so we had to re-open it. It could probably be patched up, if you didn't want to replace the top and didn't car if it wasn't "perfect".

No stereo, since they used the hole to open the door and get in the car (previous owner's problem)

Mechanically: Its got plenty of issues. I don't know if the battery is making a great connection to the starter. You turn the key and it just clicks. After 3-4 times it turns over. The car always turns over though. I've driven it like 5,000 miles or so since I got it and it hasn't broke down once. The engine smokes a bit, and feels sluggish. I haven't compression checked it, but I know that its not nearly as peppy as my 1998, 5 speed. Maybe its just because its heavier, and an automatic. The A/C works great, as with the power steering, and all the other accessories. ALL Electric windows still work, as does the convertible top. Car has no oil leaks as far as I've been able to see. I found a small transmission fluid leak, but it was just a hose. I tightened everything down and haven't seen it leak again.

The bushings are VERY worn out on the front of the car. The wheel shakes a bit at 45, and when applying around 20 percent brakes, the suspension will "bounce" while making a clacking sound. I've had this looked at, and was told it just needs all the bushings replaced and it would be alright. The front right spring/strut was messed up when I got it. I've got a 91' parts car I stole one from. Went on without a hitch, even though it was used too.

Interior is intact, but warped from the heat, or whatever causes warpage. Its just an average 13 year old interior. No major rips or tears, a few stains here and there. The door panels have a few wood screws to hold them into place, but whatever. It was just a beater/beach car, so I couldn't care less.

The paint on the doors, rear quarters, trunk, rear is actually in pretty good shape. Looks to be the original. The front half of the car is spray painted and isn't good. Comes off a bit every time I wash it. LOL.

That's about every inch of the car as far as I can tell. I included a link to my photobucket. You can see the car amongest my other rides there. I can get more detailed pictures by request.

If interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] I'll do my best to check this as often as I can, but no promises.

About a trade: I'm looking for a good daily driver. The Honda is serving its purpose at the moment, but would rather have another Nissan. I would even trade the Honda, and both my 240'sxes for the right deal.

I've got:
1998 240sx KA-T w/ 98k
Stripped emmissions
Motegi Touge w/ 245/40/18 & 265/40/18
Megan Racing Coilovers
Egay exhaust
sr20 T25 turbo, SSAC mani, etc

1999 Honda Civic Ex w 140k chasis/80k motor (sound deadening, 160amp alternator, Stereo system (IDMAX, HiFonics, Infiniti Perfects all-around) 0 Gauge power cables, grounding cable upgrades (big 3 all around)

1993 Nissan 240sx Vert (above)
1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe (It sank in hurricane dennis, but is 70% complete. Headlamp motor still worked in it, could pull some parts. Most of its trash. I just grab shit as I need it.

2004 Seadoo 3D w/ Kart and Knee Accessories. In shop. I think the starter or solenoid went out on it.

2002 Buell Blast w 2900miles - 500cc single cyl. Fun little bike that gets 60MPG. Yardine exhaust, proseries aircleaner.

ONTO THE PICS!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/johnwr1983/S5000891Copy.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/johnwr1983/S5000890Copy.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/johnwr1983/S5000903.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/johnwr1983/fleet.jpg

John_R
06-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Once a day bump -

No hurry to sell the car, but if I can't get rid of it to a fellow 240 guy, then I'll probably just help a friend out.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-28-2007, 08:56 AM
damn man im dying for a convertable.......... i gotta think about this befor i jump in head 1st

John_R
06-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Its still here. Cruised the beach with it today. No smoke, didn't have that clicking sound when I cranked it. Just turned right over. *shrugs* I dunno. It comes and goes.

If you can do your own work. You could probably have most of the drivability issues fixed pretty cheap. Its just a lot of man hours. Man hours I'd rather be working on one of my other projects.

If no one buys it by the time I'm free. I'll probably just keep it. If you want it, I'll ever drive it 1-200 miles to ya. So like Atlanta, Central Florida. if your interested. I'll help you out and bring it to ya if its a for sure "done deal".

Not_Nissan
06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
man...if only i could sell my 280's...Id hop on this deal..got to love converts..

John_R
07-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Still bumping it. A couple people have e-mailed about it, but nothing too serious. Mainly because I live "in the middle of no-where". I drove the car about 150 miles this weekend. Ran great all weekend. (I live in a resort community, so the convertible is a nice beach ride)

saikomag
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
you have email.

John_R
07-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Some serious inquiry, might have someone looking at the car this weekend. But if it falls through, the car is still for sale.

John_R
07-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Bump with lower price. $1250! Thats $250 off my original asking price.

E-mail me: [email protected]

Addicted2Kouki
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
id pick up if i still lived in FL.

unfortunately for once, it sucks to live in CA just because you are too far.

Steve Lloyd
07-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm VERY intrested, shoot me an e-mail................ [email protected]