PDA

View Full Version : 96 240sx SE for sale in PA, many mods

docrice
06-22-2007, 07:55 PM
***EDIT: MUST SELL ASAP! PRICE DOWN TO $5500, STILL INCLUDES ALL SPARE PARTS, ETC. EDIT**

Ok guys, I am downsizing from my 240 and wagon to a single car for the time being and need to sell my car. It's been great to me and I hate to do it, but its part of growing up. Car is at my apartment in Wilkes Barre, PA and can be seen upon request. Please email [email protected] with questions or for more info.

PICS http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803130

ABOUT THE CAR
I bought the car 5 years ago from the original owner, a middle aged woman who did mostly highway driving, garaged it in the winter, and put about 77K miles on it. It currently has 135K and has seen only two winters; the others it has been garaged. The car is in great shape and runs like a champ; good compression on all cylinders, very very small oil leak (enough to get on the oil pan, but doesn't even drip). I have autocrossed it for a few years and it runs great in Street Mod. When its not on the track it gets babied, synthetic oil every 3K, lots of preventitive maintenance, almost anal maintenance record.

FLAWS
The car is 10 years old and is not perfect. the car is in great shape for its age, but does have a few door dings, scratches, and some paint chips on the front bumper (PA car, of course it has bumper chips!) and a little minor wear on the interior. The car has an aftermarket sunroof, but the cables jumped off the track before i bought the car and I never bothered to fix it. The cover is off the controller so there is a hole in the headliner where it was, but its not a problem and the sunroof DOES NOT LEAK. Since I am tall, I cut the risers off the seat and removed the slider. Slider is included with the car and would only take a few minutes to install, but I left it off for more headroom with a helmet. The seat is in a perfect position for a driver about 5'8" to 6'1". More or less, you may want to put on the slider. AC is removed, but only the piping/compressor/condensor were removed and could be easily reinstalled. Also, when its cold out, on rare occasion it will grind going into second gear the very first time you shift it on a drive.

MODS

PERFORMANCE
-Injen CAI
-ASP Underdrive Pulley
-OBX Front Strut Bar
-Hotshot Header
-Custom 2.5" Catback
-B&M Short Shifter
-Dupree Subframe Spacers
-JIC Magic Rear Strut Bar
-KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-300zx 30mm Cast Iron Front Calipers
-300zx Aluminum Rear Calipers/ebrake assembly
-300zx Master Cylinder
-Braided Brake Lines
-VLSD
-248* intake cam
-aluminum 1-pc. driveshaft
-Energy Suspension Poly Front LCA Bushings
-MOOG Ball Joints
-Powertrix Adjustable Tension Rods
-Kumho Ecsta MX Street Tires

INTERIOR
-Python 902 two-way security system w/LCD pager remote and extra sensors
-Pioneer CDIB4900 cd player w/aux input
-Kicker 6.5" coaxial Front Speakers
-Polk 6.75" coaxial Rear Speakers with dynamat
-Momo racing pedals
-Autometer oil pressure/ water temp gauges
-B&M Billet Shift Knob
-Corbeau Fiberglass Racing Seat
-Corbeau 3" 5-pt. Harness (fifth point not yet installed, SFI approved)

MISC
-E-fan rewire (mech fan removed, low speed e-fan on all the time)
-Removed A/C

SPARE PARTS
-Extra set of SE wheels with Ecsta MX summer tires w/70% tread
-Spare head/intake manifold from S13
-Open Diff
-Factory Calipers (all 4)
-Factory Intake
-Factory Mech fan, shroud
-Factory shifter, knob
-2 spare OBDII ecu's (97 auto ecu, 95 m/t ecu)
-Misc hardware, sensors, extra parts
-Factory A/C

docrice
07-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Up to the top

Blk240racer
07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
thats a nice car. i wish i would have know about it earlier.. i just bought a 92 hatch a week ago. but im saling my 93 coupe for cheap if you still wanted to have a 240. i live in bangor pa. good luck with the sale

docrice
07-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the props dude, and good luck selling your coupe (always liked the s13 coupes, whiteGLX has a bitchin road-race coupe if you want to search for it)... I was planning on keeping it for a while, but my winter beater turned out to be more beat than beater and with my new job and new apartment, i looked at my priorities and it is the time for me to be slightly practical and downsize to one car. Since I moved up to the poconos, I really have to have something that's winter drive-able. It kills me to sell it, but if I want my wife to get a new car next year and want a house in 2 then I gotta try and get my finances in good straights.

docrice
07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
to the top... also, radio has been switched out for an alpine cda9811 (which I took out of my traded-in wagon and sounded better in the nissan than the pioneer anyways. Still has the aux input).

Must sell soon...taking reasonable offers.

docrice
07-17-2007, 02:26 PM
to the top, must sell soon!

docrice
07-19-2007, 06:17 AM
bump

msg length

docrice
07-27-2007, 08:31 PM
to the top, car will be going on ebay in a couple weeks if it doesn't sell and I really don't want it to come to that!

Tips
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I wish I had enough money to buy this :-( In the meantime its worthy of a bump

takethewall
07-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm possibly interested. I will see if I can round up some funds here. I am located in Pittsburgh.

docrice
08-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Bump, need to get the car out of the way, I'm trying to save up to buy a house! Will consider all reasonable offers.

Tiso
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
may be insterted. If you could shoot more pics to [email protected]

Seven
08-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Emailed you.
I'm semi-local and interested.

docrice
08-12-2007, 02:34 PM
both have been replied to

240silvia
08-16-2007, 11:41 PM
interested in a trade? 93 red vert with a freshly rebuilt motor?

docrice
08-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Sorry no trades, I'm downsizing... trying to save up money for a house.

z4k
08-19-2007, 12:08 AM
4600 Cash in hand. LMK

thoughtless
08-21-2007, 08:04 PM
still got car?

docrice
08-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Yep, still have the car...lots of interest, but the car hasn't sold just yet. Shoot me an email if you want to know any specifics, etc. - [email protected]

docrice
08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Just as an FYI, I am contacting all interested parties to let them know that unless I get some kind of committment from someone by Tuesday the car will be going up on Ebay. I would have much preferred to sell it without a third party, but it's costing me money and taking up space that I don't really have to keep the car any longer. Ebay bidders will be notified that the car is still for sale locally and the auction may be ended if an outside sale is made before the end of the auction. Thanks for all of your interest.

thoughtless
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
would you be willing to ship? and where is the oil leaking from? could you get a pic?

docrice
08-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I would be willing to ship the car provided that the buyer pay for shipping and work out the details... I live right outside of Wilkes Barre, PA (my zip is 18704), and if it could be delivered to a shipper locally that would be fine...If the drop off point was farther away (Jersey, Philly, etc.) I would be willing to deliver it there for the cost of gas.

It might be worthwhile to consider purchasing a plane ticket and flying into Wilkes Barre/Scranton (AVP) airport and driving it home. I would be willing to pick up the buyer at the airport and get them set up to drive it back... since it gets about 30mpg highway, it wouldn't be that expensive to drive it back.

If you want to discuss this further, shoot me an email ([email protected]) and we can talk details...

docrice
09-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Car is on Ebay... I won't link to it, as I know that's not allowed, but it's on there...