PDA

View Full Version : honest car sale post-ghettofabulous

worangejuice
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
ghettofabulous!!! (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/car/347960160.html)
Found this post on craigslist and the guy is honest as a goat. The sarcasm is well appreciated too.
:rofl:

here's the post if link goes capute

Ghetto-fabulous 1992 Honda Civic VX - $2700

Well it's about that time to unload a car upon the SoCal populous.

My wife demanded a new car, and seeing as I am a whipped little puppy and feel the need to keep her happy, she got her Corolla. And lucky me I get the car payment, so it's fire sale time for the surplus cars. So today's offering is a ghetto-fabulous 1992 Honda Civic VX. Now I could try to bullshit you into thinking that you will be buying the most pristine work of art to ever leave Japan's shores... but I won't.

This car has 185,000 miles of an unknown past (I've maintained since 166,000, but you can only polish a turd so much), and from what I can tell, it started off from the factory with a teal color. It also has some ricey clear corners, new headlight bulbs (non-ricey normal halogen), and fabulous gold colored rims. Don't knock the rims though... they were hard as hell to find 11 lbs. Civic HX rims. $400 and it was either gold-painted or nada-damn-thing, so gold it was. The tires are pretty good on it. Not sure which brand, but they only have about 5,000 miles on them. The car also has Ground Control height-adjustable coilovers, which help a lot with cornering. I also drive a bone-stock Civic VX (which will also go on the chopping block in 2 months), so trust me, I can vouch that they help. The coilovers have lowered the car about 2”, which is great for practicing your speed bump and pothole slalom skills. I know it could be raised to more reasonable levels, but my fear of sticking limbs between heavy car parts being held up solely by a jack has kept me from pursuing that option.

Unfortunately someone in the past decided that Earl Schieb was god's gift to paint and got it done in roughly one coat of black. Consequently wherever there happens to be a scratch, you can still see the lovely slightly-faded teal paint underneath. Speaking of scratches, the car does have a few blemishes. Notably the corner of the front fenders looks like a rabid squirrel tried to make it it's bitch. Once said squirrel found out the car was indeed inedible, it stole the side moulding off the door, broke the passenger mirror, and threw a few acorns at the rear of the car and knocked an acorn-sized hole into the third brake light. Little shit.

Anyways, The car may look like alright from about 1/2 mile away, but once you get inside it, the fun continues. The interior is said to be from a 2000 Civic. While the seats are much more comfortable than the normal 1992 seats, the coloring is somewhere south of yak-vomit gray. You'd think by 2000 Honda would've come up with colors that didn't suck quite this bad, but apparently not. Also apparently the PO wasn't planning on keeping the rear seats in for very long, because the only thing holding the bottom cushion in is good ol' luck & gravity. Likewise with the left inside door lock button. The carpets are a little dingy, but are surprisingly there, complete with floormats. Although maybe the PO could've splurged and gotten some glue to tack down the carpet, but it's just a nitpick. The dash is in OK shape... as long as you can get by the fact that there is one (yes, just 1) white-faced gauge telling the speed (the rest are standard black). The left vent is also missing a few vanes for some unknown reason. It has A/C but it doesn't work. Not sure why... I live near the coast so hadn't bothered to research it. The radio is just about the cheapest Sony Xplod deck on the market, but it had a hole jack in it, so it was usable. However, after listening to hours of death metal at high volume, the comedy tour CD was too much for the right front speaker, which decided to buzz now at even the hint of bass.

The engine runs pretty good. The engine is the original d15z1 that came with the gas-saving VTEC-E. I had to mention VTEC so that I will get tons of ricer page views, yo. And there's not one damn (keyword:) JDM part on the car. Anyways, the stock transmission was replaced with a Civic DX unit. The gearing really helps the little shit not bog down as much compared to the wagon-wheel sized gears found in a normal VX transmission. The fuel economy hasn't suffered much however. I usually get 38-40 mpg while driving like my foot is encased in concrete. I have gotten 45 mpg by driving like a grandma though. It also has a bigger exhaust, which is louder but surprisingly doesn't have that fartcan sound to it. The car does require a top-off of coolant once in a while though. It has a leak somewhere, or so the dime-sized puddle on the floor tells me. At least the engine isn't drinking it.

The car has a neurotic alarm installed on it. It has buttons on the keyring piece that are merely suggestions. Sometimes it will lock/unlock the car with said button presses. Sometimes I use the key just in case. Sometimes it will reactivate itself and blare the horn.... which surprised the hell outta me since I disconnected the alarm's horn. The doors lock when you turn the car on and unlock when you turn it off... and unfortunately there is no way around it that I have found. So if you drive off of a cliff or a bridge, you better damn well turn the car off first.

Well I can't think of anything else to write at this moment. I'm sure there is more though. If you are planning to strip the hell out of it, do an engine swap, or just chop shop it for parts, this is definitely a car that will take nicely to it and you won't have to feel guilty about ruining a perfectly good car afterwards. In all fairness this car has never left me stranded on the side of the road (unlike my Mercedes). I've had no fear about taking it anywhere. And like I said before, the MPGs are great, even when hauling ass.

WTF, you're still reading this? Wow, you must be a glutton for punishment. And since you are, I'll be a nice guy and sell the car to you for $2700. Show me some Benjamins and I might (MIGHT) let you steal it for less. Not too much less though... my princess of a Mercedes needs a-fixin', and she ain't cheap. And no I will not ship the car out to Bumfuck, Wisconsin. I will however, accommodate you if I can. Call (inquire, bitch at, etc.) me at (805)585-9399... but please between 9AM & 10PM. Calls at other hours will be caller ID'd and the phone # sold to vacuum cleaner salesmen, door-to-door missionaries, and the most annoying political candidate I can find.

http://images.craigslist.org/010203010310010407200706081843200c15cf2d4a360043e7 .jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/010205010408010307200706083ac9a1df3525eef0df001420 .jpg

SimpleSexy180
06-09-2007, 06:06 PM
lol.........

The engine runs pretty good. The engine is the original d15z1 that came with the gas-saving VTEC-E. I had to mention VTEC so that I will get tons of ricer page views, yo. And there's not one damn (keyword:) JDM part on the car.

drift freaq
06-09-2007, 06:22 PM
lol man that craigslist post is great. :rofl:

DOOK
06-09-2007, 06:32 PM
actually not a bad looking EG

Howard92884
06-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Speaking of scratches, the car does have a few blemishes. Notably the corner of the front fenders looks like a rabid squirrel tried to make it it's bitch. Once said squirrel found out the car was indeed inedible, it stole the side moulding off the door, broke the passenger mirror, and threw a few acorns at the rear of the car and knocked an acorn-sized hole into the third brake light. Little shit.

but please between 9AM & 10PM. Calls at other hours will be caller ID'd and the phone # sold to vacuum cleaner salesmen, door-to-door missionaries, and the most annoying political candidate I can find.

:rofl: Hilarious.

longdy
06-10-2007, 01:25 AM
that is a funny ass seller... lol thats fucken tight to see people like this out there... lol

Dorifto89
06-10-2007, 01:49 AM
It comforts me to know smart folks still exist.

jdm538
06-10-2007, 02:09 AM
best ad ever there is nothing left to say for that ad.

C. Senor
06-10-2007, 03:37 AM
LOL that was the best car ad i've ever seen...in my life.

Kn1ves
06-10-2007, 07:38 AM
he made me want to buy his car. but he lives in wisconsin. 40MPG SRSYLY?! Fuckin 240.

bamaboy
06-10-2007, 07:42 AM
dude said I will not ship the car to bummed fuck Wisconsin.......

Vision Garage
06-10-2007, 01:07 PM
He is in socal. Or else why would be post in Los angeles Craigs list. Make me want to buy the car just for mileage.

duckeee322
06-10-2007, 01:43 PM
lol i got dibbs on the car.

Bubba
06-10-2007, 02:35 PM
"The car has a neurotic alarm installed on it. It has buttons on the keyring piece that are merely suggestions. Sometimes it will lock/unlock the car with said button presses. Sometimes I use the key just in case. Sometimes it will reactivate itself and blare the horn.... which surprised the hell outta me since I disconnected the alarm's horn. The doors lock when you turn the car on and unlock when you turn it off... and unfortunately there is no way around it that I have found. So if you drive off of a cliff or a bridge, you better damn well turn the car off first."

I wonder how long it took him to write this up. It's way better than the shit I caught on TV a lil while ago.

SNC240SX
06-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow that was the most indepth description of a for sale car i have ever read. And that 40mpg is very tempting.

Flipzide
06-10-2007, 03:09 PM
i enjoyed reading it.. hahaha

from the pictures, the car doesn't look too bad >.>

!Zar!
06-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Keepin it real. A post like that lets you know he's a chill ass dude.

myriad
06-11-2007, 08:52 AM
i love it :) just made my day with that haha

jilo
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
the whole thing about the rabid squirrel thinking its food was good. i bet the car actually sells. tear the engine out and get to it.

drifting_changed_mylife
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
WFT LMAO that guy has some imagination on him! i love the whole squirel story!

Breezy
06-11-2007, 12:48 PM
wow. that was effin magnificent. made my day fo sho.